As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Mighty Avengers cast (Spoilers)

deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
edited December 2006 in Graphic Violence
I'm going to link it for now, rather than post the image in case you ignored the spoilers warning in the title.

http://wizarduniverse.com/_images_/001514/COVER-180-AVENGERS.jpg

I'm pretty "meh" on the cast. No one I really care about, or even like to read.

Oh well.

deadonthestreet on

• DMACDMAC Come at me, bro! Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    Is Cho drawing it or just on covers?

DMAC on
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    He is drawing the entire comic.

deadonthestreet on
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Why doesn't Tony Stark just hang up a sign that says "No non-pricks allowed!"

I mean, seriously.

DarkPrimus on
  • SASA Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hank Pym is going to die in Civil War 4

I am calling it now. Even though I called it earlier.

SA on
    WoW: Revash (Cho'Gall)
    3DS: 5241-1953-7031
    edited August 2006
    Apparently [spoiler:c69068136a]Sentry[/spoiler:c69068136a] is on the team as well, according to the internets.

deadonthestreet on
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Apparently [spoiler:e2a256a7cd]Sentry[/spoiler:e2a256a7cd] is on the team as well, according to the internets.

if Sentry's on that team, Thor better be on the other one.

Kuribo's Shoe on
    xmassig2.gif
  • AngryAngry The glory I had witnessed was just a sleight of handRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    who's the dude in the gladiator mask?

Angry on
  • jarednielsonjarednielson Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    oh so its the team of jocks in high school verusus the cool kids, i get it now

jarednielson on
    1fdd6q1.jpg
  • ScooterScooter Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Angry wrote:

Ares I think.

Scooter on
  • TroubledTomTroubledTom regular
    edited August 2006
    New Avengers is going to be awesome with all these guys gone, haha.

TroubledTom on
    Wii friend code: 8704 3489 1049 8917
    Mario Kart DS: 3320 6595 7026 5000
    edited August 2006
    New Avengers is going to be awesome with all these guys gone, haha.
    I wish they'd gotten rid of Spider-Woman.

I really don't care for her at all.

deadonthestreet on
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Scooter wrote:
    Angry wrote:

Ares I think.

If it is, I liked his armored look from his mini-series about a thousand times more. He had that cool unadorned breastplate and a big sweeping red cape and stuff. Now he just looks like some kind of bondage gimp.

Munch on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Ms. Marvel, Iron Man and MAYBE Wonder Man.

Otherwise, fuck that team.

The Muffin Man on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Go Go Super Pro-Reg Dick Team?

I'm not sure if anyone's going to read anything with Tony Stark after Civil War ends.

Furu on
  • HarrierHarrier The Star Spangled Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Furu wrote:

I'm not sure if anyone's going to read anything with Tony Stark after Civil War ends.
    I've had a huge boner for Ares since the mini-series, so I may be picking it up.

Harrier on
    I don't wanna kill anybody. I don't like bullies. I don't care where they're from.
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Harrier wrote:
    Furu wrote:

I've had a huge boner for Ares since the mini-series, so I may be picking it up.

Hmm. Maybe that was the plan, then. Balance out characters that suck and no one likes any more with ones people want to read about or miss.

Brilliant.

Furu on
  • The Muffin ManThe Muffin Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Poor Ares probably has no idea what went on.

"So, when'll Spider-man and Captain America be joining us?"
    "Uhh..."

The Muffin Man on
  • BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Wait...I'm very confused, who thats chick who has the cloths that look like Sentry's?

Edit: Yes, black Widow, beacause thats never backfired.

Bucketman on
  • RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bucketman wrote:
    Wait...I'm very confused, who thats chick who has the cloths that look like Sentry's?

Edit: Yes, black Widow, beacause thats never backfired.

That's Ms. Marvel.

Man, Black Widow has some rock-hard pecs.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Hank Pym looks like machine man.

Mai-Kero on
  • MelMel Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:
    That's Wonderman, isn't it?

Mel on
    71854.jpg
  • RocielRociel Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Mai-Kero wrote:

Hank isn't on there. That's Wonder Man. People are already speculating that Hank dies in CW4 due to his non-appearence.

Rociel on
    Too big sig. 500x80 plzkthx.
  • BogartBogart Streetwise Hercules Registered User, Moderator mod
    edited August 2006
    That's an pretty powerful team, especially if [spoiler:f23a505af7]Sentry[/spoiler:f23a505af7] really is on the team. Although I guess if [spoiler:f23a505af7]Thor isn't on the team he's going to join the cast of New Avengers, thus making it able to beat this Mighty bunch with one hand tied behind its back.[/spoiler:f23a505af7]

Also, [spoiler:f23a505af7]does the fact that these guys are all wrapped up in the flag make it pretty certain that the pro-reg guys are going to win Civil War? Or did we already know that?[/spoiler:f23a505af7]

Bogart on
  • SatanIsMyMotorSatanIsMyMotor Fuck Warren Ellis Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bogart wrote:
    That's an pretty powerful team, especially if [spoiler:e6884e40b9]Sentry[/spoiler:e6884e40b9] really is on the team. Although I guess if [spoiler:e6884e40b9]Thor isn't on the team he's going to join the cast of New Avengers, thus making it able to beat this Mighty bunch with one hand tied behind its back.[/spoiler:e6884e40b9]

Also, [spoiler:e6884e40b9]does the fact that these guys are all wrapped up in the flag make it pretty certain that the pro-reg guys are going to win Civil War? Or did we already know that?[/spoiler:e6884e40b9]

I'm pretty sure that Ares could kick the God-loving snot out of Thor.

Thor = God of Thunder
    Ares = God of War
    Since fighting is akin to "war" one would think fighting Ares would go something like this.
    *two nerds sit down to play chess*
    "Hi I'm Albert"
    "Hi I'm Bill, God of Chess."
    "Oh shi..."

SatanIsMyMotor on
    edited August 2006
    God of War he may be, but I doubt Marvel are going to give up their 'Thor + Hammer > Everybody Else' policy.

Bogart on
    edited August 2006
    The Sentry is the only (non-cosmic) hero I see giving Thor a run for his money.

Maybe Hulk.

SA on
  • Conditional_AxeConditional_Axe Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I like that lineup, but I'm not enthusiastic about it.

I think Ares will play well there.

Also, up until now when he's been strutting around in the Yellowjacket outfit again, Pym's been pretty well retired, and concentrating more on his science, hasn't he?

If he's here, I see him in the same role he had with the WCAs, the guy who sits in the lab all the time.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited August 2006
    Also, up until now when he's been strutting around in the Yellowjacket outfit again, Pym's been pretty well retired, and concentrating more on his science, hasn't he?

Yeah, after Disassembled he went off and took a sabbatical with the Wasp, returning only when he got the opportunity to build a prison for Captain America. Nice one, Hank.
    If he's here, I see him in the same role he had with the WCAs, the guy who sits in the lab all the time.

And occasionally attempts suicide.

Bogart on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Man, thanks for posting this. I've been holding off on subscribing to NA because I wanted to know who'd be on which team after the CW is over. Now that I know, looks like I can put that subscription in.

This book has a chance of being good, but I'm so biased against them already because of the CW. Ares and Ms. Marvel are the only ones I give a shit about right now, and possibly The Sentry if he's on the team. Overall, though, these guys lose my interest if I have to choose between them and the New Avengers.

Any bets on the Secret Avengers just becoming the New Avengers, with the addition of a few new members? This would be a good thing.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited August 2006
    I think a fun twist would be, especially after we see Cap's attempt to recruit Hank, that he's the one who switches sides. To have him and Jan on different teams would be kind of cool.

Conditional_Axe on
    edited August 2006
    Bogart wrote:

Yeah, after Disassembled he went off and took a sabbatical with the Wasp, returning only when he got the opportunity to build a prison for Captain America. Nice one, Hank.

He also helped Spidey find his aunt in MK Spider-Man.

Not sure if that was post disassembled, though.

What was he doing in HoM? Anybody know?

I will be pretty surprised if he doesn't get killed in CW4

edit: Ms. Marvel is a huge bitch.

SA on
    edited August 2006

I have a fuzzy memory of him talking to Beast in a lab, being ticked off that he didn't matter so much since he wasn't a mutant. I'm pretty sure it was him anyway.

Bogart on
  • werehippywerehippy Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Bogart wrote:

I have a fuzzy memory of him talking to Beast in a lab, being ticked off that he didn't matter so much since he wasn't a mutant. I'm pretty sure it was him anyway.

Yeah, that seems right. He was trying to sequence the mutant genome at Stark Industries, got told off for being "anit-mutant" because he was trying to find the scientific reason for mutation (X-gene), and then I stopped bothering to read the series.

werehippy on
    edited August 2006
    he was a mole for the human resistance.

Conditional_Axe on
  • BriareosBriareos Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    Characters schmaracters, I will be buying this series for Cho's art. <3 Frank Cho and his big-bottomed, big-chested women.

Briareos on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2006
    Black Widow is looking pretty manly right there... She's supposed to have big knockers. :?

SA on
    edited August 2006
    she had an operation.

she goes by Nate, now.

Conditional_Axe on
  • The Laughing ManThe Laughing Man Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I don't think [spoiler:f017ba8c64]Sentry[/spoiler:f017ba8c64] would be on the team considering that [spoiler:f017ba8c64]he's working for Nick Fury right now[/spoiler:f017ba8c64]

[spoiler:f017ba8c64]For all we know the pro-reg people will lose and this new Avengers team is like Freedom Force, these guys all messed up during the Civil War arch in some way and now the government, or Nick Fury who I think will take back SHIELD when this is all said and done, is making them attone for it by fighting crime. If the Sentry is on the team, I can only see him there in a control capacity because he kicked the shit out of Iron Man in a recent issue of Iron Man.[/spoiler:f017ba8c64]

The Laughing Man on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • finalchowdfinalchowd Registered User new member
    edited August 2006
    bogart wrote:
    God of War he may be, but I doubt Marvel are going to give up their 'Thor + Hammer > Everybody Else' policy.

I could be worng, but Bendis (who is writing both Avengers' books) I think said in a recent Wizard Magizne interview that Ares would beat Thor in a fight. That's not to say that Marvel won't bring the editorial smackdown on any arcs that have Thor losing a fight to anyone but Hulk, but on the other hand, I guess they usually let Bendis do his own thing, so who knows?

finalchowd on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited August 2006
    I don't think [spoiler:a0ae22b403]Sentry[/spoiler:a0ae22b403] would be on the team considering that [spoiler:a0ae22b403]he's working for Nick Fury right now[/spoiler:a0ae22b403]

Wait, what? When was that revealed?

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee