As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Diablo III: Patch 1.07 preview up!

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Woah, I just saw this blue post nobody seems to be talking about:

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/237380-what-mp-is-104-equivalent-too/
    Monster Power is considered "on" once you bump it up to Monster Power 1, at which point all monsters in Inferno become level 63. "No Monster Power" means that the system is technically "off," so monster levels will remain the same and you won't get any of the scaling XP/GF/MF boosts.

So apparently the moment you turn on Monster Power, Inferno goes back to being a constant difficulty across all acts. Suddenly way more excited about this, that's exactly what I was hoping they'd do to bring back content variety.

Zek on
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular
    Okay yeah that is good I don't farm all that much at all and I'm already kinda bored of Act III.

• Options
    SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Zek wrote: »

http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/237380-what-mp-is-104-equivalent-too/
    Monster Power is considered "on" once you bump it up to Monster Power 1, at which point all monsters in Inferno become level 63. "No Monster Power" means that the system is technically "off," so monster levels will remain the same and you won't get any of the scaling XP/GF/MF boosts.

So apparently the moment you turn on Monster Power, Inferno goes back to being a constant difficulty across all acts. Suddenly way more excited about this, that's exactly what I was hoping they'd do to bring back content variety.

I think it's hasty to assume that monsters becoming level 63 will also boost them in power to create a constant difficulty. It's most likely just a number change to make the rare drops have the same affix potential everywhere in inferno. They go on to say that ilvl distribution has not changed, so to me that says if you want to farm rares, you can do it to your heart's content in act1, but your best chance at the top legendaries is still act3.

• Options
    RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    Thanks to the language trick and a lot more tries I finally got into the PTR. Looks like Monster Power 4 is feasible for me but I don't think I'd want to go much higher unless the rewards were a ton better. What's the actual bonus to magic find at each level? I didn't see a buff that explained it.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    DehumanizedDehumanized Registered User regular

I think it's hasty to assume that monsters becoming level 63 will also boost them in power to create a constant difficulty. It's most likely just a number change to make the rare drops have the same affix potential everywhere in inferno. They go on to say that ilvl distribution has not changed, so to me that says if you want to farm rares, you can do it to your heart's content in act1, but your best chance at the top legendaries is still act3.

It'd probably be best to recommend for lower geared players who might want to try their luck at farming up more 61/62 items instead of praying to get a great 63 item by slowly working through Act 3.

• Options
    ZekZek Registered User regular

No, he says that bumping up Monster Power beyond level 1 won't change the distribution, which we knew already because it only boosts MF/GF/Exp. His exact words are "all monsters become level 63, and they can now all drop iLevel 63 items the same way that Act III and Act IV Inferno currently do". People in that thread are saying that Act 1 instantly becomes way harder when you set it to MP1, roughly on par with Act 3.

• Options
    ThisThis Registered User regular
    So forgive me, but in case anyone in here was wondering, Torchlight 2 is really really good.

• Options
    ShenShen Registered User regular
    This wrote: »
    So forgive me, but in case anyone in here was wondering, Torchlight 2 is really really good.

I've no doubt :) And the best thing about it and BL2 being out is that people who are sick of D3 no longer come in here to stink the thread up, everyone wins!

3DS: 2234-8122-8398 | Battle.net (EU): Ladi#2485
    ladi.png
  • Options
    RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    I like torchlight 2 and all, but D3 just has way better combat and skills.

And if Act 1 would be worth to farm again I would be very happy. Or any other act then 3 really.

76561197968655073.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Act 1 farming again sounds like a very nice change of pace from Act 3 farming. I can definitely get on board with this. Only thing we need now is for the damn patch to come out. The fact that there's a PTR for it makes me believe that it's going to be quite awhile before it sees the light of day. All of the patches have been doing great things for the game, my only complaint with them is that they take so damn long to release.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I just read that in 1.0.5 auction house sales will now pop up while in-game. Might be my favorite patch note :o

Scosglen on
  • Options
    I'd care if anything I put up ever sold.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    I just sold an axe for about 700k. It felt like 7 million.

I've also decided to just hoard my monies until after the patch is released to see how all the changes affect farming. I have about 2 million in the bank and lots of gear needs, but if prices come down due to increased (and hopefully) better drops, I can continue to farm Act 1/2 happily.

sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • Options
    RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I played on my Nightmare Barb Act 4 a little bit over the weekend after a good two months.

I.......want to play more...

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
  • Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    Wow 1.05 is shaping up to be awesome.

Better rares, more exp, more magic find, act farming variety again.

Jewelry and class items can now roll level 63 mods (amulets with up to 100% crit damage and 10% crit chance. Yes please!

I've got BL2 to keep me busy for now. Patch next week maybe?

• Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    where are you reading this "better rares" thing.
    I'm seeing none of it.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    better rares because

1) loot is now rolled by monster level, not drop ilvl. so 63 monsters will drop 63 ilvl gear. gear from inferno will be much better chances to be better by default.

2) Monster Power lvl 1 makes all monsters lvl 63.

3) new affixes on loot, specifically rings/amulets with primary stat/crit/crit dmg.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • Options
    I hear a lot of people say that "nothing sells on the AH". Here's some of my recent rare sales:

9/25: 200k, 4m
    9/24: 400k, 400k, 400k, 1.2m, 200k, 75k,
    9/23: 70k
    9/22: 250k, 420k, 130k, 800k
    9/21: 5m, 2m, 15m, 1.3m
    9/20: 100k

With maybe a couple hours of farming per day. I'm selling middle of the road gear all the time. I sold gloves without any crit chance, crit damage or attack speed for 1.2m! I'm actually a bit amazed I'm still able to unload this quantity of items. I guess I am becoming the guy on the other end who gives someone a ton of money for a great item and lets them upgrade a lot of pieces for it.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • Options
    I average about 5-8 items a week for about 50k to 100k each. This is not a sustainable get-rich approach for me. I can't help but wonder if I'm throwing away all of the useful stuff because I *think* that it's crap, or if I'm actually just finding nothing but crap. My gut instinct tells me that it's the latter.

• Options
    mastmanmastman Registered User regular
    Scosglen wrote: »
    I just read that in 1.0.5 auction house sales will now pop up while in-game. Might be my favorite patch note :o

I swear I saw that happen in the first week after release. But I have not since.

ByalIX8.png
    B.net: Kusanku
  • Options
    I average around 1 mil per hour I put in; excluding legendary sales, I've made 17.5 million over the past 10 days. You really do see tangible results from having a lot of magic find.

ladi.png
  • Options
    I've got appx 250 base mf atm. Gonna check your profile once I get home :P

• Options
    Naphtali wrote: »
    better rares because

1) loot is now rolled by monster level, not drop ilvl. so 63 monsters will drop 63 ilvl gear. gear from inferno will be much better chances to be better by default.

3) new affixes on loot, specifically rings/amulets with primary stat/crit/crit dmg.

errrr no.
    after looking through blue posts, all i can see is that:

1) monster power >0 = all monsters 63. this opens up A1 and A2 farming.
    2) rings can now hit ilvl 63, giving them better and more affixes.

please refer me to a post for you #1).

• Options
    TenekTenek Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    evilthecat wrote: »
    Naphtali wrote: »
    better rares because

errrr no.
    after looking through blue posts, all i can see is that:

1) monster power >0 = all monsters 63. this opens up A1 and A2 farming.
    2) rings can now hit ilvl 63, giving them better and more affixes.

please refer me to a post for you #1).

It's in the patch notes.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6572970237
    Affixes on items will now roll their level based on the level of the monster killed (rather than the item’s level)

At monster power 0, everything you find in Act 1 Inferno will roll stats for level 61, whether the actual item level is 58 or 63. Same for Act 2 / 62 and Act 3/4 / 63. So all those 62's you find in Act 4 Hell will have crap stats, but the level 58 belt you find in A3 Inferno might be amazing (albeit with less armor).

Monster power >= 1 Inferno means everything you find can roll the best stats.

Tenek on
  • Options
    Just checked and you only have about 3% more mf than I do @Shen. RNG I guess.

• Options
    ConstrictorConstrictor The Dork Knight SuburbialandRegistered User regular
    I'm seeing none of it.

The biggest, most important change is that affixes roll at a power level in accordance with the level of monster killed. That means in 1.04 you might find a level 63 base helm with +14 all resistance but now it will always be +70-80 all resistance if it rolls that affix. (If I'm interpreting this patch note correctly).

That is a HUGE change and buff to rare power.

• Options
    I'm seeing none of it.

The biggest, most important change is that affixes roll at a power level in accordance with the level of monster killed. That means in 1.04 you might find a level 63 base helm with +14 all resistance but now it will always be +70-80 all resistance if it rolls that affix. (If I'm interpreting this patch note correctly).

That is a HUGE change and buff to rare power.

That would be insane. I think it just means you get affix rolls like a current 63 on any helm you find from a 63 mob... those can get pretty crappy stats as it is. Mandating the max stat on each would be an enormous boost.

• Options
    ScosglenScosglen Registered User regular
    Also, you know, even at Monster Power 0, items lower than ilvl 58 categorically will no longer drop in in Inferno, so we're going to see a massive dropoff in volume of garbage ilvl drops, which necessitates that the proportion of potentially good gear will be substantially higher.

• Options
    so playing with MP1 will reduce the amount of .. clown gear .. I keep finding.
    righto.
    thanks.

• Options
    darklite_x wrote: »
    darklite_x wrote: »
    Just checked and you only have about 3% more mf than I do @Shen. RNG I guess.

Dang, that's crazy bad luck (though I think my profile has a Skorn equipped while I actually farm with a Sun Keeper). FWIW, I'm pushing 380 hours on my character and the Ice Climbers I sold a couple of days ago for 45million were my best ever find, while two of my friends stumbled across 50+ mil items in our first week of Inferno "farming" pre 1.03 :P

ladi.png
  • Options
    Scosglen wrote: »
    Also, you know, even at Monster Power 0, items lower than ilvl 58 categorically will no longer drop in in Inferno, so we're going to see a massive dropoff in volume of garbage ilvl drops, which necessitates that the proportion of potentially good gear will be substantially higher.

Oddly enough, the ilvl changes are substantially nerfed by the affix changes. If you see a chestpiece with a bazillion primary stat, vit, resist all, sockets, whatever, drop, are you going to trash it because it's only ilvl 52? Yeah, the armor's going to be lower but that's it.

• Options
    AnakinOUAnakinOU Registered User regular
    Didn't I hear last week that 1.0.5 would include some "HEY YOU! A LEGENDARY ITEM DROPPED OVER HERE!" features? Also...do we have any clue when 1.0.5 will be released?

• Options
    Yes. Someone posted a screenshot of the new legendary notification business in the SE++ D3 thread. Basically it shoots out a big ol' beam of light.

• Options
    so has anyone given any thought where in A1 or A2 you could competitively farm against A3?
    I suppose some of the tombs in A2 are tightly packed ..

• Options
    so has anyone given any thought where in A1 or A2 you could competitively farm against A3?

All along the watch tower...

• Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Ye olde butcher/warder run + tombs seems like it'd have a high elite density

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    KetBraKetBra Dressed Ridiculously Registered User regular
    Also, has anyone gotten any of the parts to that infernal machine thing? I think I fought one of the minibosses that drops them but I didn't get anything special.

KGMvDLc.jpg?1
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    I could bust out my old A2 route: Vault of the Assassins and a bunch of waypoints. I'd probably do Desolate Sands just for all the trash mobs there. Probably skip the Oasis as it can have way too much space in it where nothing spawns.

RandomEngy on
  • Options
    38thDoe38thDoe lets never be stupid again wait lets always be stupid foreverRegistered User regular
    So I found this on GameFaqs so who knows if it is valid but this is info on the Infernal machine.
    KEYS:

Apparently it is recommended that you have 5 stacks before killing and doing it on the highest monster power you can should solidify getting a key, keys do not have 100% drop rate, but it would seem as though on the PTR the keywardens have a 100% spawn rate.

•First one spawns in Act 1 - Fields of Misery

•Second one spawns in Act 2 - Dahlgur Oasis

•Third one spawns in Act 3 - Stonefort

•Last one Act 4 - Silverspire (Drops the plan)

Take the Plan and the keys to the blacksmith, get him to craft a machine. From what I see you only have to get the plan once, but need 3 sets of keys to get all the organs.

Once find all the keys and Infernal Machine plan and craft go to the last quest in Act 1, you have to return to New Tristram and talk to the healer. After, the house directly to the northeast will open up as the "Heretic's Abode." Inside you will be able to use the Infernal Machine to create a portal (the item is used in this process).

Portals created with the Infernal Machine:
    1. Rakanoth and Ghom
    2. Siegebreaker and Kulle
    3. Magdha and Skeleton King

Good luck killing them, I was watching when some of the top 3 barbs were taking on seige and kulle, then kulle enraged and one shotted all them haha. I do suppose it was on monster power 10 and both bosses had 300+ mill hp.

Your reward for your efforts:

The Hellfire Ring Plan is found off Squirt the Peddler in act 2.
    The mats needed are: [Vengeful Eye]x1 [Devil's Fang]x1 [Writhing Spine]x1 [gold]x50,000

There are four version that can be crafted. The rings have the following stats

•170-200 Of your stat (Dex/strn/int) or 100 vit

•4 random props

•Increased XP by 35%

•Chance to launch an explosive ball of Hellfire when you attack

38thDoE on steam
    🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀🦑🦀

• Options
    Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited September 2012

I'll go Watch Tower all the way through the Butcher on Act 1. Generally speaking there's about 13 - 16 packs I run into, plus a goblin or two. Not to mention Warden and the Butcher himself. Takes my character about 45 minutes, sometimes less. I have 205% MF with five stacks + follower, and I've stopped picking up blues.

(I may start going into the Festering Woods or some of the other areas and build my 5 stacks up before doing the aforementioned run.)

Getting close to the point where I can effectively farm Act 2 without dying a ton.

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!