As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

San Diego Comic-Con News Thread

• MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Blankspace wrote: »
    Daniel and Charles Knauf starting an Eternals ongoing.

Yayyy!
    Blankspace wrote:
    Terry Moore/Humberto Ramos up next on Runaways

YayyyyohwaitFUCK. Ramos doesn't instill me with much hope after I saw how he portrayed the kids for that Runaways recap issue/sourcebook thing.

Munch on
    edited July 2007
    oh god i hurgllhhh!

runawaysbyramosqy0.jpg

Munch on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Aside from one of Molly's eyes being much larger than the other, I dont think it looks that bad.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • BlankspaceBlankspace __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    What Bale said. Molly looks a bit like a Monkey.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
  • AlgertmanAlgertman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I wish MARVEL would quit wasting Bianchi on Wolverine

Algertman on
    edited July 2007
    Yeah it's mainly just Molly eye gigantism that's weirding me out. Ramos can be really good, and I've enjoyed him a lot on stuff in the past (Spidey, Crimson, Impulse) but every now and then it seems like he just says, "Ah fuck it is that in proportion? Nevermind, doesn't matter, I'm late for lunch. Off it goes!"

And Nico's manhand is creepy.

Munch on
    edited July 2007
    Munch wrote: »
    Yeah it's mainly just Molly eye gigantism that's weirding me out. Ramos can be really good, and I've enjoyed him a lot on stuff in the past (Spidey, Crimson, Impulse) but every now and then it seems like he just says, "Ah fuck it is that in proportion? Nevermind, doesn't matter, I'm late for lunch. Off it goes!"

And Nico's manhand is creepy.

I see you read his Wolverine run

Algertman on
    edited July 2007
    I like Ramos' art for kinetic fast moving actiony stuff. If he's just drawing people talking they tend to look ugly.

So I'm unsure of him fitting with someone like Terry Moore.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    I like Ramos' art for kinetic fast moving actiony stuff. If he's just drawing people talking they tend to look ugly.

So I'm unsure of him fitting with someone like Terry Moore.

Yeah I highly enjoyed his Spider-Man work

but that Wolverine? bleh

Algertman on
  • FuruFuru Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Ramos is definitely not the person you go to for realism, but I generally like his work.

Furu on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sweet, Marc Guggenheim signed exclusive with Marvel. If they don't fucking put him on Squadron Supreme, I may have to stab someone.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »
    Sweet, Marc Guggenheim signed exclusive with Marvel. If they don't fucking put him on Squadron Supreme, I may have to stab someone.

Why is an exclusive "sweet"?

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2007
    Exclusives are probably the number one thing actually wrong with the industry these days.

Furu on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    number two is the existence of Marvel

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2007
    Furu wrote: »
    Exclusives are probably the number one thing actually wrong with the industry these days.

It encourages laziness

Compare the percent of late books to exclusive workers to that of non-exclusive between the big 2

Algertman on
    edited July 2007
    Keith wrote: »

Your issues of Ultimate Spider-Man have been revoked.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007

Your issues of Ultimate Spider-Man have been revoked.

Spider-Man is a DC stuck in a Marvel world

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2007
    That is so incredibly wrong I dont even know where to begin.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited July 2007
    Exclusives are great for creators, since it guarantees them a steady paycheck for a few years at least, and I recall reading an interview a while back where someone in the industry said that exclusives would likely lead into things like health care, retirement packages, and other stuff that freelancers traditionally aren't entitled to. This'll stop things like William Messner Loebs slowly dying in a leaky trailer after his arm's been amputated due to diabetes, or Siegel and Shuster dying bitter, blind (in Shuster's case), and penniless. But yeah, let's complain about how them lazy ass creators ain't getting our funnybooks out on time. And gosh darnit I want to see Bryan Hitch draw Superman and Bendis write Batman and Johns revive Rocket Raccoon and dammit I just can't because those inconsiderate fucks actually want steady employment.

And Keith that's the most retarded thing I've read all day, and I read my own anti-Blue Beetle rant in the shipping thread, so that's saying something.

Munch on
    edited July 2007
    And Keith that's the most retarded thing I've read all day, and I read my own anti-Blue Beetle rant in the shipping thread, so that's saying something.

That's okay, because it's a joke, and the people that get it will laugh

and the people that take it seriously are retarded

Garlic Bread on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

That's okay, because it's a joke, and the people that get it will laugh

and the people that take it seriously are retarded

He's just being mean.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
    edited July 2007
    Oh, now I get it.

Munch on
    edited July 2007
    This'll stop things like William Messner Loebs slowly dying in a leaky trailer after his arm's been amputated due to diabetes

his arm was amputated when he was an infant due to a cancerous tumor

Garlic Bread on
    edited July 2007
    Huh, could have sworn it was diabetes. Oh well, the whole being poor and destitute due to his inability to get steady work still applied up until a while ago anyways.

I think I was thinking of Mike Parobeck, who did die of diabetes, but only because he was too cool to take his insulin.

Munch on
    edited July 2007
    Warren Ellis and Simone Bianchi taking over Astonishing X-Men after Whedon and Cassaday.
    Astonish-X-Men-v.2.jpg

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    Colossus looks like he's about to rock the fuck out. And damn, I love that Beast. But what's with X-23?

Munch on
    edited July 2007
    If I could have picked one person to take over Astonishing X-Men.

It would NOT have been Warren Ellis.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • ReignerReigner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When does Whedon's run with Astonishing end anyway?

And is that a good thing or a bad? I personally love his Thunderbolts run right now.

Reigner on
    Exodus Server: Venstra Rei
    FFBE: 838,975,107
    Dokkan: 1668363315
    edited July 2007
    LOL

as much as I love Ellis the man is such a sell out

Oh damn, X-23, fuck that noise

Algertman on
    edited July 2007
    Reigner wrote: »

And is that a good thing or a bad? I personally love his Thunderbolts run right now.

Whedon/Cassady finish with issue 24, and they may or may not still be doing a Giant Size Astonishing #1, I dont know.

And its a bad thing. I do not share the rampant manlove for Warren Ellis that most of the internet does, and frankly Im not looking forward to some of my favorite characters being written by someone who is notorious for hating superheros.

Whedon's AXM is old school high adventure superheroics with a good touch of Claremont era soap-opera livend up with Whedon's snarky dialouge.

Ellis can write snarky dialogue but seriously fuck him if he turns this book into just another one of his superhero deconstructions

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • HorusHorus Los AngelesRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I was planning to go Sunday and buy the tickets at the door, is that possible don't want to learn the hard way after 2 hour drive.
    Can someone intro me what goes around during this event?

Also omfg X-Men from what I read as a child surely change, to weird alternate universe, miss the days where comics where a buck.

Horus on
    “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go...”
    ― Dr. Seuss, Oh, the Places You'll Go!
    edited July 2007
    Watchmen teaser poster.

Watchmenposter.jpg

Furu on
    edited July 2007
    Reigner wrote: »

Whedon/Cassady finish with issue 24, and they may or may not still be doing a Giant Size Astonishing #1, I dont know.

And its a bad thing. I do not share the rampant manlove for Warren Ellis that most of the internet does, and frankly Im not looking forward to some of my favorite characters being written by someone who is notorious for hating superheros.

Whedon's AXM is old school high adventure superheroics with a good touch of Claremont era soap-opera livend up with Whedon's snarky dialouge.

Ellis can write snarky dialogue but seriously fuck him if he turns this book into just another one of his superhero deconstructions

I agree with what said about Ellis on title.

My other problem is him just not giving a shit and crapping out an issue, or two, of useless talking that doesn't even serve the story like he did with other super hero books.

Algertman on
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    LOL

as much as I love Ellis the man is such a sell out

Oh damn, X-23, fuck that noise

A sell out?

I don't even want to begin telling you how stupid that is to say with regards to a comic writer.

Bob The Monkey on
    edited July 2007
    Snyder seems like he really, really respects the source material.

The dude's directed two other movies, and both were good. (Dawn of the Dead and 300.)

I am officially excited.

Blankspace on
    SIG.gif
    edited July 2007
    Is Grant Morrison not at that damn thing?

Algertman on
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Algertman wrote: »
    Is Grant Morrison not at that damn thing?

he had to miss it to speak at the annual shrub worship festival for crazy-ass pagans

Bob The Monkey on
  • wwtMaskwwtMask Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

God damn it Keith, am I gonna have to get out my whuppin' stick?

Also, it's sweet because I like Guggenheim and because I read Marvel almost exclusively. This is why I was upset when Palmiotti and Grey went DC exclusive.

Man, I like Ellis, plus X-23 is in Astonishing. Fuck, I might have to start reading that book. I wonder if X-23 will try to be like Wolverine and stay on with the New X-Men, though.

wwtMask on
    When he dies, I hope they write "Worst Affirmative Action Hire, EVER" on his grave. His corpse should be trolled.
    Twitter - @liberaltruths | Google+ - http://gplus.to/wwtMask | Occupy Tallahassee
    edited July 2007
    wwtMask wrote: »

God damn it Keith, am I gonna have to get out my whuppin' stick?

Also, it's sweet because I like Guggenheim and because I read Marvel almost exclusively. This is why I was upset when Palmiotti and Grey went DC exclusive.

Man, I like Ellis, plus X-23 is in Astonishing. Fuck, I might have to start reading that book. I wonder if X-23 will try to be like Wolverine and stay on with the New X-Men, though.

Actually X-23 may not be in AXM

That's just a promo X-Man pic that was laying around. Bianchi has no idea who the final team he is, he hasn't even seen the first script.

Algertman on
    edited July 2007
    Mark Waid announced EiC of BOOM!

Algertman on