As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo] destroy the Rift Oculus, find Nephalem Rifts, id The Oculus

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    you're archon though
    I wish I could have a 90% armor buff

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    I might do shocknado only with living lightning because hopefully that will proc shocking aspect enough since it hits so fast

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    wait, it's only 45%

ehhh

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    oh wait updated tool tips 90% goddamn

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I guess at 90% and with diamond skin plus critical mass it would be possible to keep up as CM

only, kind of annoying

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    anyone know the coefficients on magic weapon conduit, electrify and venom? did thy get removed?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    so when meteor crits on impact
    the dot doesn't inherit the crit, right? Each tick rolls separately?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    hey guys. what's up

clipboard01knk.jpg

doesn't the wand have no life steal

what's your spec?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    archon. I have never had life steal with archon but I have 1000 hp regen so it works I guess

so you're going to crystallize with no life steal?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I don't know what I am going to do yet

maybe I'm bad at math but I've been doing calculations and i need more apoc maybe

I should try the ptr though

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    nerf wizards!

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    so when meteor crits on impact
    the dot doesn't inherit the crit, right? Each tick rolls separately?

correct

each tick counts separately towards CM

mustache w/ hat c|:{
    i was thinking of apoc, but, yeah

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    It would be nice if I had 1/4th that DPS

I pulled out my ti 83+ to do some video game math

mannnn

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    livin' the dream BRT

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Hitting paragon 21 finally got me just over 120k instead of being a hair under.

feels good even though the actual number is essentially the same

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    livin the dream in some respects

except that it informed me that I need an apoc triumvirate to run the meteor build

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    with exactly 8 apoc or more

on average

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    can triumvirate spawn with apoc mm i guess it can

horrendously expensive tho

running with 30 apoc on my arcane orb wizard in pretty cheap gear

only 40k dps but i'm spamming tap the source orbs all day which is a fun break from my monk

edited September 2012
    so the US PTR is working.

playing my whirlybarb.. um hate to say this but, I see no difference.

no actually I do, it's way easier.... like.. ALOT.. hahah, am I doing something wrong?

I haven't tried monster power yet so playing on level 0 .. but I absolutely dee-stroyed the first 3-4 packs I ran into. like a sweet muffin.

OH 1 thing I didn't see mentioned.. when you move the mouse rapidly it leaves trails.. MUCH easier to see. I tried taking SS but it's hard to get one..

jwalk on
  • KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    arrrgh this patch needs to drop now

I'm tired of dying so much

• ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    you should just stick to one color, then

can kinda see the trails here
    Screenshot016.jpg

lol switched Tough as Nails for Unforgiving (regen Fury instead of lose) lol ridiculous, Fury everywhere and still no problem staying alive.

seriously if any ww barbs complain about this they are just BAD. again, Monster power 0... but that's the same as before sooo..

jwalk wrote: »
    so the US PTR is working.

playing my whirlybarb.. um hate to say this but, I see no difference.

no actually I do, it's way easier.... like.. ALOT.. hahah, am I doing something wrong?

I haven't tried monster power yet so playing on level 0 .. but I absolutely dee-stroyed the first 3-4 packs I ran into. like a sweet muffin.

OH 1 thing I didn't see mentioned.. when you move the mouse rapidly it leaves trails.. MUCH easier to see. I tried taking SS but it's hard to get one..

monster power 0 is like 30% nerfed or something from live

also you aren't really doing the whirlwind barb thing quite the same as everyone else in the first place

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    they said damage would be 25% less, but I swear they have less HP too. everything just dies faster.

tried Animosity too, both are great now for Fury gen.

does the explosion from disintegrate's volatility rune work with lifesteal?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    tried monster power 3, regular monsters seem about the same as in 1.04, elites a little bit harder maybe. definitely had to go back to Tough as Nails (defensive ability mandatory ZOMG game si broken!) little harder to keep WotB during elite fights, they last longer.

but I also had 300% MF with 5x NV, a lot more than in 1.04 so... I killed Siegebreaker still really easy (he still dropped crap too)

• KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    So do we know for sure yet if monster power will also increase your drops? I remember reading that people were saying drops should be better because it raises monster levels to 63 and item levels are gonna be based on the monster level rather than the drop level

2x39jD4.jpg
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    Its a flat mf/gf buff per level of Monster Power, and MP1 and up causes all monsters in Inferno to be treated as lvl 63, meaning all drops will drop ilvl 63 affixes.

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    can triumvirate spawn with apoc mm i guess it can

horrendously expensive tho
    eh it was only like 50mil for mine

also, this is the best glitch ever: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712862174#1

2H DUAL WEILDING

Naphtali wrote: »
    Its a flat mf/gf buff per level of Monster Power, and MP1 and up causes all monsters in Inferno to be treated as lvl 63, meaning all drops will drop ilvl 63 affixes.
    Cool, so that means farming act 1 could actually be slightly profitable somewhat reliably

2x39jD4.jpg
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Cool, so that means farming act 1 could actually be slightly profitable somewhat reliably

huh I hadn't thought about that

if that's how it works, then that's really cool

it means we could actually farm something besides act 3 for a change

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    DUAL WIELD 2HANDERS

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Galy wrote: »
    Kwoaru wrote: »

huh I hadn't thought about that

if that's how it works, then that's really cool

it means we could actually farm something besides act 3 for a change

Yeah, turning on Monster Power of any kind makes Inferno a flat difficulty with all acts being on par with Act 3/4. They really need to do a blog post about it, that's the best part of the system and they didn't even mention it in the notes. MP0 is like before, except considerably easier - they nerfed it such that MP2 will be roughly equivalent to Act 3 Inferno from 1.0.4. That combined with the loot changes lowering prices on good rares means you'll probably be able to play almost straight through Inferno, and then when you're done you can start raising Monster Power and farm wherever at the difficulty of your choice(with the ubers incentivizing you to switch often between Acts 1-3).

I think after this the biggest thing left that they could improve on is the AH dependence. IMO they should rework crafting to make Soulbound gear and give you some level of control over what comes out of it as an alternative to using the AH.

Crafting really really needs to be overhauled, it is just the worst

I really don't think turning on monster power is intended to make the game a flat difficulty and if that is what it is doing now then that will probably get changed

Also, shouldn't MP0 just be the game as it exists now?

2x39jD4.jpg
This discussion has been closed.