As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo] destroy the Rift Oculus, find Nephalem Rifts, id The Oculus

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    I think I might just bother to kill diablo one the patch hits

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i only got round to doing that recently

I still haven't even bothered to try a4

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    Kwoaru wrote: »
    Crafting really really needs to be overhauled, it is just the worst

I really don't think turning on monster power is intended to make the game a flat difficulty and if that is what it is doing now then that will probably get changed

Also, shouldn't MP0 just be the game as it exists now?

Nope, that is what they're doing. First off Inferno has been nerfed, I think monsters have like 2/3 the HP they had before at least in later acts(somebody said Diablo has 8m HP instead of his current 14m). Monster Power is a system such that when you activate it(by setting it to MP1), all Acts are scaled up to level 63, with the full difficulty and drop rates of Act 3/4. Then additional MP stacks beyond MP1 make them stronger while giving you more MF/GF/Exp. You can observe this by playing Act 1 in the PTR - the moment you turn on MP1 it gets way way harder, a new 60 will get their asses kicked.

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I believe there's a blue post about the flat difficulty over on diablo.incgamers. I'd really like to see them allow crafted items to roll up to ilvl 63 affixes as well. I think that would go a long way to making crafting worthwhile. They can keep the base items at ilvl 62 and increase the affix ilvl values to 63 then you could still get great items from crafting, but it'll ensure that the best items still come from drops. Really, they just need to do something, anything, to make crafting worthwhile because in it's current state it's only a waste of money.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • GalyGaly Registered User regular
    I don't know if this has been confirmed, but people are saying that in addition to ilvl63 rings and amulets dropping in the new patch, we'll also start seeing ilvl63 class-specific items like wizard hats and mojos.

mustache w/ hat c|:{
  • jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    nodrop loot on some of the bosses would be a good idea, maybe on those new spawned boss encounters. make them drop a legendary/set item every time or nearly every time, but it's nodrop... so if you can't use it you'll be salvaging it most of the time... but at least you have a significant chance of getting something worthwhile. it's just depressing getting 300% MF, killing a boss and he drops 3-4 rare items that aren't upgrades, and won't sell for crap.

also on the PTR, I swear healing pots were doing WAY more healing - I have to go back and reconfirm this later but, I think maybe heal pots are getting the bonus from +health globes? which I have +20k of..

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Galy wrote: »
    I don't know if this has been confirmed, but people are saying that in addition to ilvl63 rings and amulets dropping in the new patch, we'll also start seeing ilvl63 class-specific items like wizard hats and mojos.
    yep, people are trying to pawn off their legendary sources like crazy

it should be pretty good for people that want cheaper legendaries after the path hits

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    why. rare sources will still suck massively compared to the legendary ones

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    yeah
    I guess people want higher crit rolls?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    hey i'm not gonna complain if people wanna sell me legendary sources on the cheap

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    yeah, I'll take a high damage apoc triumvirate for cheap

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    o also they're fixing triumvirate to work off of average damage and not minimum

people still want rare sources

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    I have +27% elemental damage. as long as they don't mess with the black weapon trick, then I am fucked

• TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Sold that inna's chest I found the other week for $90. Yay.

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    er yeah, I mean elemental damage in general. ATM I only have triumvirate for elemental damage though.

it should be a large buff to dps considering how sources roll high maximum and I believe weapons do too?

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    so that's gonna be an across the board buff to everything that's +elemental% then?

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    yep, provided they actually do fix it.

I'm kind of lost on what to do with my wizard. whereas with my monk my skill build cannot change, which is kind of reassuring when gearing up

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Play the wizard and get good all around gear seems like a safe bet!

really the only thing that might make wiz gear wrong is if you decide you wanna play a build that leans on apoc or not

but otherwise wizard is just good and stacking damage stats with a side of defensive really can't go wrong

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    having a witch doctor is really convenient because they wear the exact same gear in 10 out of 13 slots

yeeep

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    someone with IK chest copy it to the test server and give it to meeee

oh shit my meteor soj is so valuable now

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    it is worth like 10x what i paid for it

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    i was literally doing it before it was cool

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • KwoaruKwoaru Confident Smirk Flawless Golden PecsRegistered User regular
    holy shit nobody even cares brt

I hope you get so much gold from selling your SoJ that you fucking choke on it
    give it to me

2x39jD4.jpg
  • GalyGaly Registered User regular
    yup everybody is starting to realize that meteor is the next big thing come 1.05

WW is so last month

mustache w/ hat c|:{
    someday

someday disintegrate will be the next big thing

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    i paid 10m

it is worth around 100m (approx)

also my oculus like tripled in price

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    edited September 2012
    i just bought a -5 arcane torrent storm crow AND mara's for 1m total

it is so cool that i can try out a new build for so cheap

Big Red Tie on
    3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Mf9KK.gif

2x39jD4.jpg
    someday

someday disintegrate will be the next big thing
    for some reason disintegrate sojs are just as expensive

but uh, i don't know why

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    fucking tell me about it

been trying to snag a -5 for a while now

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    like disintegrate is used by... no one?

right? why is it so expensive

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Disintegrate is rad as hell

2x39jD4.jpg
    lots of people are dumb like me and wanna use a cool spell instead of good spells

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    well i mean i'd use disintegrate, but i'm not paying that much for a soj to do it

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    yeah

I do use it and i'm not paying that much

I bought a witching hour instead

m6eoUgQ.jpg
This discussion has been closed.