As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Diablo] destroy the Rift Oculus, find Nephalem Rifts, id The Oculus

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    someday i'll get a -5 though

and then i can drop astral presence

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • ShabootyShabooty Registered User regular
    lots of people are dumb like me and wanna use a cool spell instead of good spells

spiders...

• GalyGaly Registered User regular
    you can't use 2 SOJs, right? that would be pretty dang cool

mustache w/ hat c|:{
    edited September 2012
    If only

you could use a skull grasp and a SOJ if you just want two class bonuses though

Day of the Bear on
    m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    skull grasp is kind of bad though, not really worth it

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    well yes

just pointing out the option exists

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    actually maybe for a cm wizard, since it has defensive stats and life on hit i guess...

can it roll crit? maybe

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    it can roll crit

good luck getting one with the right class bonus and primary stat and crit though

Not even getting it cheap, just getting it at all

m6eoUgQ.jpg
    no! somebody bought the 20m arcane torrent soj!

:(

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Hey i kind of like arcane torrent, for real

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    so i got onto the ptr

and

firechains from sentry procs life on hit

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    Fuck Yes

my demon hunter is reborn, with a bunch of new cheap rares and legendaries + i have more money to fund it

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    are you making that tanky build

(i'm not going to actually do it)

but it could actually work now

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • NaphtaliNaphtali Hazy + Flow SeaRegistered User regular
    I wish arcane torrent was more viable because it is pretty nifty

disintegrate too

Steam | Nintendo ID: Naphtali | Wish List
    buffed meteor is fun

canceling my soj auction

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    i was reading a while back about someone desperately trying to get validation for his theorycrafted death blossom build

'b-but guys! 650% weapon damage! guys :('

seriously buffed meteor drop time is amazing

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    i was reading a while back about someone desperately trying to get validation for his theorycrafted death blossom build

he should just do videos like that try hard enmity guy that shows him playing a wizard with no escape spells and never dying, conveniently. :rotate:

arcane torrent disruption is actually really effective with a 2H + lifesteal and arcane hydra

it's what i used to kill diablo on my wizard around the time 1.04 hit

but i don't really like the 'feel' of the skill

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    Naphtali wrote: »

he should just do videos like that try hard enmity guy that shows him playing a wizard with no escape spells and never dying, conveniently. :rotate:

The beauty of 1.0.5 is that you can totally do that, you just have to farm at a monster power that you're geared enough to kill shit quickly in.

I was more making the joke that the theorycraft guy should make a heavily edited video to prove out his case.

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    disruption/arcane hydra is basically the "fuck it, just blow everything up build" for dirt poor wizards

it's like blizz/hydra for impatient people who don't mind never beating extra health or damage reflect packs ever

Walt on
    Walt wrote: »
    disruption/arcane hydra is basically the "fuck it, just blow everything up build" for dirt poor wizards

it's like blizz/hydra for impatient people who don't mind never beating extra health or damage reflect packs ever

wait what

I agree with the latter but I don't follow the former. don't you need gear to make that work hence you couldn't possibly do it on the cheap?

• WaltWalt Waller Arcane Enchanted Frozen ElectrifiedRegistered User regular
    Walt wrote: »

wait what

I agree with the latter but I don't follow the former. don't you need gear to make that work hence you couldn't possibly do it on the cheap?
    it melts act1/2 with like 30k DPS which is pretty affordable

are we talking something like this build? maybe drop weapon for crystal skin

I feel like at 30k dps you'll still get hosed by fast/jailer/mortar or other such high speed mobs in act 2

escape spells are for losers

just pump damage!

edited September 2012

I feel like at 30k dps you'll still get hosed by fast/jailer/mortar or other such high speed mobs in act 2

drop illusionist for astral presence and if you have like 33% crit and 5-10 apoc you won't need MM at all because you can cast arcane torrent nonstop. then you can sub in crystal shell.

also i used CM instead of temporal flux and just facetanked instead of kited. you don't get a lot of CM procs with arcane torrent but it is enough to survive acts 1/2 if you have some loh or lifesteal and acts 3/4 once you get decently geared

Galy on
  • LTMLTM Bikes and BeardsRegistered User regular
    someday

someday disintegrate will be the next big thing

I'm just waiting for when they buff left click, then the Age of the Monk will be upon us!

Galy wrote: »

drop illusionist for astral presence and if you have like 33% crit and 5-10 apoc you won't need MM at all because you can cast arcane torrent nonstop. then you can sub in crystal shell.

also i used CM instead of temporal flux and just facetanked instead of kited. you don't get a lot of CM procs with arcane torrent but it is enough to survive acts 1/2 if you have some loh or lifesteal and acts 3/4 once you get decently geared

I'd be surprised if you can get 33% crit and 5-10 apoc and lifesteal on a shoestring budget, which again goes back to my point

Galy wrote: »

I'd be surprised if you can get 33% crit and 5-10 apoc and lifesteal on a shoestring budget, which again goes back to my point

You'd be surprised. Rares are literally dirt cheap and you can gear any character on shoestring budget.

You can get a 1100 dps 2H with 6% lifesteal for 50k.

You can get a cheap stormcrow for 500k for 10 apoc.

Then you just need like 30% critical combined between amulet, 2 rings, gloves and bracer. I bet you can do that for 100k a piece.

So like 1M total for the build?

• Al_watAl_wat Registered User regular
    I don't know what prices are like on the AH now, but I was able to get about 30% crit and ~10-15 APoC for pretty cheap right when 1.04 came out.

It wasn't perfect or anything but it moved me from act 2 to act 3.

(and then I lucked out hard and found a set item on my first act 3 run which sold for 80 mil)

• jwalkjwalk Registered User regular
    prices on the AH are,

total bananas stats best in slot items - loadsa money

everything else - naught

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    arcane torrent is pretty easy to channel. the thing I don't like about it is it feels kind of awkward to cast since it's a small targeted aoe with a travel time

actually it's a lot like a channeled meteor

Jars on
    except meteor turns on cm and torrent doesn't

and torrent does less damage

buff torrent plz

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
    torrent disintegrate and ray of frost all need adjustments to their coefficients and ap costs

yeah disintegrate with nexus for CM would be incredibly fun

but that coefficient is nastay

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • TheStigTheStig Registered User regular
    Ohhhh I just realized now with lower items rolling 63 stuff the 61 uniques can actually be good!

bnet: TheStig#1787 Steam: TheStig
    anyone wanna buy my old chantodo's at cost. it's got 80% crit damage, a socketed one would cost 3x as much

Jars wrote: »
    anyone wanna buy my old chantodo's at cost. it's got 80% crit damage, a socketed one would cost 3x as much

maybe, what's the dps?

I'm using a 850 dps, 10 apoc, 40 CD + socket wand with no int

depending on the base dps, it may be an upgrade

This discussion has been closed.