As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Marvel RPG] A Tale of Two Worlds

• Options
    GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    "It would be giving him the freedom he desires." Telesto shrugs, remaining where is at the edge of the blast crater.

"But is that what you wish?" It is unclear whether he is posing the question to Nefaria or Saar, or indeed anyone on the deck.

• Options
    GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    "Hmm." Saar returns his attention to Nefaria. "I smell your fear, human. Is this true? Do you wish to die?"

• Options
    jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    "Die? Die?" Spits Count Nefaria. "I've been killed a half dozen times, and yet I always return. You think being shaken by the neck will deter me? I was once crushed under a spacecraft. What I want is the wealth and power due to someone of my station - not to be manhandled or detained by insects."

• Options
    SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    "I don't see why he should get a vote." Nell stepped over the husks of the SHIELD agents Nefaria had murdered, gingerly lifting the headset from the one who'd been calling in before the attack of this monster. It too was dead. She tossed it to the deck. "If at first you dont succeed..."

Sneaks on
  • Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    "We've wasted enough time on this clown in spandex and have barely slowed him down. Let him go now, and we'll track him down later. For now," David gestures to the chaos ensuing on the Raft, "we have to get the rest of this situation under control first."

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Saar nods. "Well enough." Reaching up with his free arm, the Ranger proceeds to methodically crush every bone in Nefaria's arms and legs. The crackling and popping goes on, maybe, for a few seconds, but the sound seems to echo louder than it should on the ruined carrier deck. Bringing Nefaria near his face, Saar stares into the shattered count's eyes.

"Remember me, ape. If we meet again I will not be persuaded so easily towards the course of mercy."

With that, the Ranger casually tosses Nefaria to the deck, and turns to the other superheroes. "He will not trouble your world for some time, I think. Let us move on."
    All of that assumes that Nefaria's durability hasn't kicked back in yet. If it has, I'll edit to something else.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    Obscura is shocked by Saar's brutal actions. "On what world is that a justifiable way of dealing with a prisoner? We had other ways to keep him shut down. He deserves to be brought to justice, not disfigured!"

Turning to Nell, she goes on. "Are any of these comm systems working? Perhaps SHIELD can take over guarding him. And we should let them know what happened to their men."

• Options
    edited September 2012
    "The headsets were fried, just like the agents," Nell spat. She'd taken no pleasure in what she'd just seen. This "Count" deserved to die, but seeing him in pain was not a consolation prize. It was just... grotesque. "Whoever they reported to has lost contact and will send others, if possible. If it isn't, well, then things are so bad that it doesn't matter."

Nell turned from the blue woman and approached the crumpled form of the glowing man whose mind she'd... impaired. "Arthur. It is Arthur, isn't it? Listen to me, Arthur. Now is not your moment. Unfair, maybe, but it is what it is. You know I'm right. Return to your room."

Nefaria's basically an energy vampire, right? We should probably not leave him alone with a near-comatose food source.

Sneaks on
  • Options
    The whump-whump-whump of the helicopters reaches a crescendo overhead as they finally reach the Raft. Only one of the helicopters touches the deck, while two others remain in the air with SHIELD Agents repelling down. The side door opens, and an unremarkable, dumpy man steps out. He approaches you, shouting to be heard over the rotors.

"I'm Agent Nesler, forward observer. You the local forces Agent Langtry mentioned?"

One of teams rushes over to the motionless forms of Langtry, Rubens, and the other two SHIELD Agents that Count Nefaria incapacitated. One agent opens an emergency first aid kit, while the others attempt to locate vital signs.

The other team is carrying a set of complex restraints and a thick glass tube about the length of an average human's forearm. The tube is studded with dials, switches, and a LCD. Nefaria - still screaming - gets the restraints, starting with a faintly glowing collar. The agent carrying the tube approaches the Living Laser, and flips open a cap on the far end. He flips a switch, and Laser is sucked into the device.

• Options
    "We are. Are there further escapees, or was this entire thing his work?" Saar jabs a finger at Nefaria.
    Yeah, I'm thinking that the whole bone-crushing thing was a little overly grim. I'll put a lid on that going forward. Sorry guys. I feel gross, and Nefaria's a fictional representation of a fictional character. I'm obviously far too soft to play a real anti-hero.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Obscura says nothing, but does a quick scan of Agent Nesler's mind to confirm he is what he says he is. The competence of the teams around him, however, is reassuring.
    To be fair, this is the Marvel Universe. There are worse punishments. Consider Ghost Rider's Penance Stare, for an example that Obscura would be familiar with.

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    Agent Nesler shakes his head. "No way did inmate N do this. First off, he was sedated and hooked up to an ionic drainer. The only reason he got out was that somebody cut the power first." The Raft rumbles beneath you, and Agent Nesler raisers a walkie-talkie. "Prep the heavy."

He turns back to face the group. "Look, I'm not going to beat around the bush. We have an incredibly high value target inside, and we're extremely worried about him being... agitated. He checked himself in, but we're trying to maintain a... ah... stable environment. This could go from extremely embarrassing for SHIELD to extremely dangerous for the city if things inside go poorly. Our so-called 'super-agents' are out of position, and can't respond immediately. You'd be doing us a huge favor if you would intervene."

@tzeentchling
    Either he's Agent Nesler, or a very good copy of him. You're not always sure about the difference between the two.

• Options
    "No time to lose then!" Telesto immediately falls through the floor. After a second or two his oval head phases back up through the deck. "Ah, the rest of you may need a more conventional route... could you give us directions Agent?"

• Options
    Saar cocks his head, for a moment looking like nothing so much as a gigantic green scaly puppy.

"I'd be glad to help, agent Nesler, though my strengths lie in directions other than... stability. I'll do what I can."

• Options
    "I'll... we'll do what we can, I guess," says Obscura.

• Options
    'He checked in? Like it's a Days Hotel?' Carmen's face contorted into a scowl, but she said nothing.

• Options
    Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    Dr. Row straightens out his clothes and brushes off the dust.

Paul turns to Kitty, "I don't know I'm assuming that he just shapeshifts clothes... do they change with him or... what? Anyway..."

"Alright Nesler, where do we need to be?"

• Options
    Lucy chimes in with a smile, "Actually, Paul, all you've got left on now is a set of oddly torn purple pants."

• Options
    Kitty chuckles. "Dr. Row can just shift some clothes, but I imagine that'd be pretty uncomfortable long term. Pants that are mas stretchy would probably be part of his adventuring wardrobe. No reason to stress about it, unless you want to - I'm sure the SHIELD guys have a windbreaker or whatever you could borrow."

She clears her throat and continues in Agent Nesler's gruff voice. "There are three administrative sublevels before the first detention level - if the psych staff here has made any progress, he should be on 3. If not, he's been assigned to the first cell on 4. If you want, I can provide you with some SHIELD communication gear and an... ah... interactive map." Nesler looks embarrassed at the last bit.

• Options
    I'm mostly a tabletop DM, so I sometimes forget that there can be a huge lag in between an opportunity given to the players and their ability to discuss and decide upon it on forums. If it's OK with folk, I'm going to move things along and keep this in mind in the future.

@tzeentchling
    +2 XP from "defeating and capturing a fugitive from the Raft" twice.

@GrimmyTOA
    +2 XP from "defeating and capturing a fugitive from the Raft" twice.

+2 XP for "working with SHIELD to neutralize a villainous foe" twice.

@Grog
    +1 XP for "aiding an ally against an enemy when neither of them could see you".

@Sneaks
    +2 XP for "working with SHIELD to neutralize a villainous foe" twice.

Agent Nesler hands over a nondescript rucksack containing five earpiece communicators and a StarkTech-branded tablet containing an interactive map of the Raft and audio tour. Thanking Nesler for the tech, you descend into the Raft.

The hole Count Nefaria created to escape leads directly to his cell on 4. The room is bare stone, with the absolute minimum of necessities - a thin cot, a toilet, and a sink. A small poster of an olive vineyard attached to a the wall above the sink is the only decoration. Dead electrical equipment runs along the intersections of floor, walls, and ceiling. The cell door is ajar.

You cautiously edge into the hall, but from the sound of things the excitement is far away. Echoes of fighting, roars of triumph, and shouts of pain drift from somewhere deeper in the facility. Following the map, you quickly find the first cell on the floor.

In the cell is unkempt man wearing glasses, a rumpled shirt, and purple pants. At your approach, he looks up and gives you a quizzical look. "I don't recognize you, so you're probably not here for revenge. But you're not here to suppress the riot, or you wouldn't have stopped at the one guy still in his cell. So you must be here for me. Whatever it is you want, no. Go away. With the countermeasures off, it's too dangerous for me to leave this cell."

This cell is better furnished, with a thick cot and a seat on the toilet. Two walls are bare, but the third sports a floor to ceiling whiteboard. A nondescript bookshelf is stuffed with thick astronomy texts, medical journals, science magazines, and technical schematics. Draped over the bookshelf is a lab coat with a name embroidered above the chest pocket: B. Banner.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Saar peers down at the human. Doesn't seem so high-value to me. Must be some big secrets locked up in his head.

"Greetings Earth-citizen. Your SHIELD Agent Nessler asked us to stop by and make sure that you are doing well. How are you? Would you like some food? I have a packet of delicious twinkies here somewhere -- they don't even need silicon dust -- if you'd like one..." Saar trails off lamely and begins to root through the pockets of his leather duster.

I'm sure that James knows who Bruce Banner is, but Saar's only been here for a few months. He's probably aware of the Hulk as an entity, but not much beyond that. He also finds human interaction a bit baffling, I'd imagine.

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    "Twinkies?" Banner laughs. "Actually, sure, it's been a long time since I've had junk food."

The self-inflicted prisoner breaks the plastic seal, and eats one of the cream-filled sponge cakes. "So Nessler sent you, huh? I thought Agent Rubens was on overwatch today."

(( OOC: New mechanic - frame exit criteria. Before the frame advances, one of the following criteria must be met: three players interact with Banner, or 24 hours have elapsed from when the forums come back online (estimated 0700 EDT Saturday, September 22nd). ))

• Options
    Obscura does a light mental scan of Banner, but the name sounds strangely familiar. Hadn't Johnny mentioned that name before?

• Options
    David stares at the man in purple pants, 'this can't be right,' he thinks to himself. Still David is intrigued and speaks up, "That's right, Nessler sent us. There was a fight upstairs, Rubens was incapacitated." Dr. Row keeps his tone even, removing emotion when he speaks.

• Options
    Telesto stays out of sight and phases through into the corridor to see what Banner's neighbour's are up to, or if they're even still around.

• Options
    Kitty addresses Lucy: "Obscura: Your mental scan reveals the deeply traumatized psyche of a man who grew up with an abusive father. Fear, anger, and fear of anger war constantly under his surface thoughts, though decades of repression and various calming techniques seems to keep it in check - for now. This brief brush of his mind doesn't reveal if the collected demeanor he's presenting your group with is the real him, or if it's just a facade hiding a monster. When David mentions that Rubens was incapacitated, there is a brief surge of something, a stirring within him."

Banner pauses, the second Twinkie halfway to his mouth. "...does he require medical attention?" The Twinkie trembles briefly before he resumes eating it.

(( OOC: Doom Pool ))
    Overview of events since Doom Pool was exhausted:
    Saar reacts. Rolled a 1, failed an Unleashed action. 1d6, 1d10. James gets +1 PP.
    Nellie reacts. Rolled a 1. 2d6, 1d10. Carmen gets +1 PP, plus 1 for using a Distinction at d4.
    Obscura reacts. Lucy gets +1 PP for using a Distinction at d4.
    Telesto reacts. Rolled three 1s, failed an Unleashed action. 5d6, 2d10. Jake gets +3 PP, plus 1 for using a Distinction at d4.

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd10.pngd10.png

Quiet laughter echoes forth from the darkness beyond Banner's cell. "Be happy for the dead. They're beyond pain." A persistent dripping accompanies the laughter.

A second voice: "Not you, though. Your pain is just... about... to begin."

From the corner of your eye, you catch sight of red tentacles rippling at the edge of the shadows.

Kitty reaches over to the iPod, and selects a much more ominous track. "Who's first?"
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Symbiote Razor-Fist
    Carnage
    Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6
    Insane, Murderous, Sneaky

Symbiote
    Enhanced Durability d8, Shapeshift d8, Stretching d8
    Superhuman Reflexes d10, Superhuman Stamina d10, Superhuman Strength d10
    Telepathy d8, Tentacles d8, Wallcrawling d6
    Web-slinging d6

SFX: Feed. On any successful action that includes Tentacles, step up physical stress by +1.
    SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.
    Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire- or sonic-based actions, Carnage takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Combat Expert d8, Covert Expert d8, Menace Master d10
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Solo d6, Buddy d4, Team d8
    Crime Pays, Hitman, Sadist

Symbiote Spawn
    Enhanced Durability d6, Superhuman Reflexes d8, Enhanced Stamina d6
    Superhuman Strength d8, Tentacles d6, Wallcrawling d6
    Web-slinging d6

SFX: Feed. On any successful action that includes Tentacles, step up physical stress by +1.
    SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote Spawn powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.
    Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire- or sonic-based actions, the spawn's host takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Combat Expert d8, Crime Master d10, Menace Master d10
    Symbiote Razor-Fist
    Solo d8, Buddy d4, Team d6
    Hedonist, Look No Hands, Killer-For-Hire

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote Spawn powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.
    Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire- or sonic-based actions, the spawn's host takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Acrobatic Expert d8, Combat Master D10
    Covert Expert d8, Menace Expert d8

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd6.png

• Options
    edited September 2012
    ((OOC: How much info would we, as characters, have about the symbiotes? If Saar knows about their sonic vulnerabilities, for example, he would probably tear a metal bar out of the wall and start ringing it against things. If not, he'll likely just walk over there and start punching.))

GrimmyTOA on
  • Options
    ((OOC: I think priority is keeping it away from Banner. To that end, what are the Scene Distinctions? I'm thinking I may try and block Banner off from the fight with size-changing or something.))

• Options
    Kitty taps her pen against the table. "Unless Saar has been specifically investigating supercriminals, he probably doesn't know Carnage specifically. Venom might have come up if he's been researching supers in general. But because the Symbiote is an exterterrestrial threat, it's possible Saar is aware of them as a species anyway."

"I'm terrible about remembering scene distinctions. How about 'Oppressive Darkness' and 'Confined Corridors'? As for blocking access to Banner, you could create a defensive Asset using Telesto's Size Changing or Stretching."

• Options
    "Alright let's do that. The swathes of cloth around Telesto start to baloon outwards, filling the corridor in front of Banner's room. Somewhere in the midst of it the others hear Telesto's voice say "You have safe passage through, I will try to keep the beast out!""
    Basically I want to create a blockade that Carnage can't get past, but the others can walk through whenever they want.

Team 1d8, Confined Corridors 1d8, Intangibility 1d12 (unleashed), Size changing 1d8 (stunt, spend 1pp)

Create One-way-wall: 1d8 8 1d8 6 1d12 5 1d8 2

Hmmm. Total of 16 (spend 1 pp to use 3 dice for total) with a d12 effect

2pp spent with 2pp left. If the action fails 1d10 is added to the dice pool. Also note that Telesto still has 1d4 physical stress.

Next up: Someone who can attack at range? Obscura!

• Options
    @Grog
    Doom Pool reacts:
    Doom Pool opposes Telesto's attempted Asset: 5#1d6 1 4 5 6 1

11 w/ d6 effect. I'm not sure how exceeding the opponent's roll by 5 or more works with establishing an Asset beyond d12. I'm going to say that you can create a secondary Asset at d6 if you like.

@tzeentchling is up.
    Scene Distinctions:
    Oppressive Darkness, Confined Corridors

Assets:
    Telesto's Intangibility Field d12
    Teletso's ??? d6

Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Symbiote Razor-Fist
    Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.
    Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire- or sonic-based actions, Carnage takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd6.png

• Options
    I think the official rules state that we win yay let's be friends with Hulk.

But yeah a d6 Asset sounds fine. How about Noodly Appendages?

• Options
    edited September 2012
    "See, Paul? What was I saying? Purple pants!" Lucy laughs. "Alright, what to do about Carnage and buddies? Hmm. This seems like a good time to use my Burst SFX.
    Make It Rain (With Darkforce Bolts)
    Targeting Carnage.
    Team d8 + Created By Magic d8 + Darkforce Bolts d6 + Mystic Expert d10
    Spend a PP and activate the Burst SFX. "Step up or double a Power Trait die against a single target. Remove highest rolling die and add 3 for your total."
    I'll add another d6 from Darkforce Bolts.

Team d8 + Created By Magic d8 + Darkforce Bolts (2d6) + Mystic Expert d10: 2d8+2d6+1d10:
    [2d8=6, 8] [2d6=4, 2] [1d10=4]
    Sadly I think the 8 gets discarded, so I'll take a 6,4,4 = 14 with a d6 Physical Stress.

I'm thinking that Area Attack might have been a better choice than Burst to build her with, looking back. It's more the idea that I had in mind.

"I think Saar should go next. Lawman, get to it!"

tzeentchling on
  • Options
    edited September 2012
    Carnage reacts:
    Team d6, Insane d4 (Step Up Doom Pool), Superhuman Reflexes d10, Combat Expert d8
    Carnage reacts to Obscura's Darkforce Bolts: 1d6 3 1d4 3 1d10 5 1d8 4
    7 w/ d10 effect. 14 > 7, action succeeds. 14 - 7 = 7 / 5 = 1, step up d6 effect to d8. d10 effect > d8, step back d8 to d6.

Something in the darkness hisses as Obscura's attack finds its mark.

@tzeentchling
    If you want to switch out Burst with Area Attack, that's fine with me.

@GrimmyTOA is up.

Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Symbiote Razor-Fist
    Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

Physical Stress: d6
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd6.pngd8.png

jdarksun on
  • Options
    Saar steps into the hallway and spews a gout of caustic bile from a pair of orifices on the crown if his head. He doesn't check to see if any of it lands on the creatures outside before sucking back into the cell.
    Away from my computer until Saturday. Jdark, would you roll for me?

This is meant to be an area attack using Saar's poison blast. I think I'd be able to use my full complement of distinctions etc, but maybe not. If the attack works I'll create a ' blinded' complication for the baddies.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Ranger Saar uses Poison Blast d8 w/ SFX Area Attack (3 targets)
    Team d6, Not That Far From a Bounty Hunter d8, Poison Blast d8, Area Attack d6, d6, Combat Expert d8
    Ranger Saar uses Poison Blast against Carnage et al: 1d6 1 1d8 1 1d8 6 1d6 4 1d6 3 1d10 9
    Probably don't want me rolling for you. D:

Add and Step Up a die to the Doom Pool. James gets +1 PP.

15 total w/ d6, d6, d4 effect die.

Carnage reacts
    Team d6, Insane d4 (Step Up lowest die), Superhuman Reflexes d10, Combat Expert d8
    Carnage reacts to Ranger Saar's Poison Blast: 1d6 4 1d4 1 1d10 8 1d8 4
    12 total w/ d8 effect. d8 > d6, step down effect die. Carnage gains "Blinded by Poison, d4" complication.

Symbiote Jigsaw reacts
    Team d8, Confined Corridors d4 (Step Up lowest die), Superhuman Reflexes d8, Combat Expert d8
    Symbiote Jigsaw reacts to Ranger Saar's Poison Blast: 1d8 1 1d4 2 1d8 5 1d8 3
    8 total w/ d4 effect. 15 - 8 = 7 / 5 = 1, step up effect die. Symbiote Jigsaw gains "Blinded by Poison, d8" complication.

Symbiote Razor-Fist
    Team d6, Confined Corridors d4 (Step Up lowest die), Superhuman Reflexes d8, Combat Master D10
    Symbiote Razor-Fist reacts to Ranger Saar's Poison Blast: 1d6 1 1d4 2 1d8 4 1d10 9
    11 total w/ d8 effect. d8 > d4, step down effect. No effect.

Jigsaw's tentacles writhe in anguish as he attempts to clear the acrid liquid from his eyes. Saar's poison hangs in the air like a faint lime mist, distorting the already indistinct outlines of Carnage and his spawn.

Banner's voice issues forth from behind Telesto's wall, his flat normally flat intonation tinged with concern. "Uh, guys? Any chance you can take this outside?"

@GrimmyTOA @Sneaks
    Even through the din of combat, you can hear Banner's heart rate increase. It sounds like it could be coming from a creature twice his size.

@GrimmyTOA to decide who's next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Symbiote Razor-Fist
    Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

Blinded by Poison: d4
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Blinded by Poison: d8
    Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd8.pngd8.pngd8.pngd8.pngd8.png

jdarksun on
  • Options
    @Sneaks to take it away
    That's a lot of ones. Yikes. Nellie to go next because she also heard the heart of Banner go thump.

• Options
    edited September 2012
    Nellie didn't know what was or wasn't happening to Banner. But these... monsters were undoubtedly not helping. "We need to—" she was going to say 'get mobile,' but that plainly wasn't going to work. They were trapped. Banner was trapped. "Mister Banner, look at me. Look at my eyes, and listen only to my voice. This darkness is a warm, soft, blanket. There's nothing beyond it to worry about; to think about..."

Calm Banner
    • Team (Telesto): D6 [4]
    • Distinction (Oppressive Darkness): D8 [4]
    • Power (Telepathy): D8 [5]
    • SFX (Multipower; Mind Control): D6 [4]

TOTAL: [9]
    EFFECT: D8

"I know that we need to keep this guy calm," Carmen said. "But honestly, if I could've thought of anything to do to Carnage and his amazing friends, I probably would've done that. Paul, any ideas?"

Sneaks on
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    Doom Pool opposes:
    Nellie attempts to calm Bruce: 1d6 4 1d8 8 1d8 6 1d8 4 1d8 8 1d8 3
    16 w/ d8 effect

Spend a d8 from the Doom Pool to create Complication: "Banner's Control is Slipping" at d8.

Banner's eyes find Nellie's. Sweat beads the man's forehead. "...nothing to worry about? No. No! You don't understand, I can't be around other people, not now, not here. Not ever!"

For a moment, Banner's irises glow green.

"No! No. I can..." He stops, taking several deep breaths. "I know you mean well, but I can't be trusted. You need to get out of here while you still can."

Kitty breaks character to address Carmen. "Carnage and his spawn are pretty monstrous, but Nellie's no slouch - no amount of Reflexes can dodge a Psychic Blast. Or she could try to break Jigsaw away from the rest of the pack - in a one-on-one fight, she'd have a definite advantage."

@Sneaks to decide who's next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Symbiote Razor-Fist

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Telesto's Intangibility Field d12
    Teletso's ??? d6

Complications
    Banner's Control is Slipping d8

Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

Blinded by Poison: d4
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Blinded by Poison: d8
    Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd8.pngd8.pngd8.pngd8.png

jdarksun on