As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[GW2/WoW] Beasts of Unusual Size? I don't think they exist.

• Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Oats wrote: »
    Or we had a small, tight knit community and want to keep some version of that alive, while still playing with a larger group of people when the mood takes us?

Playing with PA people is fun.

Playing with the Beasts was fun, is fun, and will continue to be fun. Having a separate chat channel to relive old in-jokes, make fun of Dibby and the like is worth the tiny amount of silver it costs, and has no real downsides. Moreover, we get the fun, however hollow it may seem to other people, of at least resurrecting the guild (at least in name, if not it breadth of members).

Just to clarify we can be in multiple guilds right?

Because once a Beast, always a Beast. Other PA folks appreciate a good dick joke but not like the Beasts do.

Here is pretty much the only screenshot I could find from my days as a Beast, spoilered for teh hueg (protip: it's all in the chat):
    WoWScrnShot_120610_191321.jpg

Dr_Keenbean on
    PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • Options
    OatsOats Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Yes, one account can be in multiple guilds. You choose which one you wish to represent, and that's the emblem that shows up on your gear, and that's the guild you earn points for.

And it looks like Led will be joining us, so there will be bloody dick jokes.

Oats on
  • Options
    Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Not to pansy it up in here but I'm excited at the notion of playing with you guys again.

Very excited.

I'm talking about a boner here.

• Options
    To quote Shirly, I am moist with anticipation.

• Options
    mynameisguidomynameisguido Registered User regular
    And I'll be rosencrantz.4361 if anyone wants to do some things. No clue on what race/class as of yet though.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    DibbyDibby I'll do my best! Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    My tag-thingajigger is Dibby.4279, I've rolled on Fort Aspenwood. Sylvari Guardian! Also some dickbutt stole the name "Dibby" so I had to actually be original. SIGH. Character names don't really matter though since everything is linked to the tag-thingajigger.

Dibby on
    DNiDlnb.png
    Battle.net Tag: Dibby#1582
  • Options
    Kai_SanKai_San Commonly known as Klineshrike! Registered User regular
    If you guys got a guild going on fa odd like to join if just to have somewhere to see all the dudes i knew from wow.

• Options
    What's your account numbery thing?

I'll fire off the invite.

• Options
    KorKor Known to detonate from time to time Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    Wrong thread.

Kor on
    DS Code: 3050-7671-2707
    Pokemon Safari - Sneasel, Pawniard, ????
  • Options
    Please to send invitings to drkeenbean.5064 please.

• Options
    Please to send invitings to drkeenbean.5064 please.

Push button receive invite.

• Options
    TehSpectreTehSpectre Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    TehSpectre.5426

Please to be invitings yes

Edit: Or did you need that specific character name?

TehSpectre on
    9u72nmv0y64e.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 2012
    Nope, that there is the accounty numbery thing.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand sent.

Oats on
  • Options
    JoeslopJoeslop Registered User regular
    edited August 2012
    God. Dammit.

Just when you think you're out....

OK so hypothetically, maybe, if I were to buy this game, where would I need to roll.

THIS IS HYPOTHETICAL.

EDIT: HEY IDIOT MAYBE ITS ON FORT ASPENWOOD.

EDIT2: OK so hey I can't really justify spending $60 on a game I may or may not enjoy right now. Instead I am downloading the WoW client what is wrong with me.

Does anyone at all even play on Ravenholdt?

Joeslop on
  • Options
    Joeslop wrote: »

Nay, not anymore. I moved over to Earthen Ring.

I think I still have a level 47 shaman or something on Ravenholdt though.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Well I got the client, resubbed, downloaded some addons and configured them for one character, and discovered that you can't send Heirlooms to other servers. And I don't feel like setting up the addons for all my Ravenholdt guys.

Oh well.

• Options
    I logged in to Ravenholdt to make the game realize I had a hojillion mounts and pets so that they would show up on my other characters.

I had a hugely customized and streamlined interface that I loved and it's broken now with 5.0. Also all those talent changes?

I'm not learning all this shit again. I'm done.

• Options
    Are there any officers still active elsewhere? Wouldn't mind a promotion if possible.

• Options
    KingMoleKingMole Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Dibby wrote: »
    Joeslop wrote: »

Nay, not anymore. I moved over to Earthen Ring.

I think I still have a level 47 shaman or something on Ravenholdt though.

I'm still on Ravenholdt. A couple other people log in from time to time as well. Also just got back from vacation so GW2 tomorrow probably. Will post account name then.

EDIT: I think at some point someone made it so Beast rank can invite as well.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    I made a Goblin Priest over on Maelstrom with some goons. I also moved Ecksus to another guild on Ravenholdt that was suggested by a goon but I dunno if I want to stay with them.

It feels dirty being in another guild.

• Options
    Account name is Karfeddion.7043

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    I've transferred over to Maguuma, since I had a bunch of other friends playing there (plus some of you guys are anyway). But Guilds are apparently cross-server anyway, so that's pretty cool. I still haven't figured out how Guesting and all that crap works though.

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    Welcome to the server wherein we are consistently losing at WvW, except at like 5 AM pacific.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    Dibby wrote: »
    I still haven't figured out how Guesting and all that crap works though.

It doesn't, currently.

• Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    Makershot.3452

Seattle Thread on
    kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    LederanLederan Registered User regular
    Ash and I bought GW2 last week. We're already in BoUS and a guild mainly encompassing an IRC chat room we're in. I'm Lederan.6820 and he's Asharaxx.5679.

• Options
    TyberiusTyberius Registered User regular
    OP has been updated, looking forward to outrunning centaurs with you all once guesting has been implemented again.

• Options
    WavechaserWavechaser Registered User regular
    Any of you guys still playing WoW? I decided to resub for the expansion and haven't seen a single person on aside from myself and 1 other Beast. If not, any way I could get invite/remove privileges in order to add alts etc?

• Options
    Flippy_DFlippy_D Digital Conquistador LondonRegistered User regular
    So uh.

This is a thread with WoW and GW in the title.

Which is better?

p8fnsZD.png
  • Options
    SkitoriaSkitoria Registered User regular
    I am starting a new ally guild on Alexstrasza. That is if any of you beasties need a new home in WoW.

Steam:Milfhouse Xbox:Eitel4 Paladin:Luiane Mage:Milane
  • Options
    Seattle ThreadSeattle Thread Registered User regular
    Wavechaser wrote: »
    Any of you guys still playing WoW? I decided to resub for the expansion and haven't seen a single person on aside from myself and 1 other Beast. If not, any way I could get invite/remove privileges in order to add alts etc?

I'll take a look this evening. Most of us who are still playing are on different servers now.

kofz2amsvqm3.png
  • Options
    Makershot wrote: »

I'll take a look this evening. Most of us who are still playing are on different servers now.

What server are you guys on now?

• Options
    I went ahead and purchased GW2 today, tried to join Fort Aspenwood but it's full so I joined Maguuma. How do I go about finding other PA members on here?

• Options

Gev is on Cho'gall I think. Ayliana and I are on Maelstrom. Dibby is Alliance on Earthen Ring. That's all I know about.

doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options
    Coconut MonkeyCoconut Monkey Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I went ahead and purchased GW2 today, tried to join Fort Aspenwood but it's full so I joined Maguuma. How do I go about finding other PA members on here?
    I'm a bit late, but if you haven't had any luck, see Steve's OP of this thread for a list of Beasties and their account names (I'm Coconut Monkey.2739). All members of the BoUS GW2 guild should be able to invite as well.

Coconut Monkey on
  • Options
    KingMole wrote: »

Gev is on Cho'gall I think. Ayliana and I are on Maelstrom. Dibby is Alliance on Earthen Ring. That's all I know about.

Man I leave for 9 months and come back to the dispersed Beasts? What happened?

• Options
    ArthilArthil Registered User regular

Welcome to Goonsville.

I'd recommend trying to transfer over if you get the chance, the servers lighten up a bit at night obviously.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • Options
    edited October 2012

I dunno, I wasn't here. For the past month I just got tired of being the only person online in the guild, so I went to where Ayliana was. Feel free to join us on Maelstrom though. Some bastard took the name Kalios, so now I am Kalvios.

KingMole on
    doomrider_sigPA.png
  • Options

A lot of people just stopped playing. Either quit, or lost interest, or something. I think it was right at Firelands release when we couldn't even fill a raid group, so we just stopped raiding at that point. I eventually transferred over to Earthen Ring cause I had a friend there. I went through a few guilds and I'm in a Heroic Raiding guild now, which is cool.

I still miss you guys though <3

DNiDlnb.png
  • Options
    StericaSterica Yes Registered User, Moderator mod
    Cataclysm happened.

YL9WnCY.png