As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Natural Selection 2] Halloween sale, 75% off! Eclipse remake teaser!

• ZekZek Registered User regular
    fool i just told you what it was, there ain't no pax armor

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    The PAX code is probably just for the PAX icon that hovers over your head.

• FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    I loved NS 1, and as long as people actually messaged me on Steam and the like, I'd participate. I'd get my ass kicked, but I'd participate.

• Roland_tHTGRoland_tHTG Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    The PAX code is probably just for the PAX icon that hovers over your head.

this, according to a guy in game that asked me about it. If I could taunt like in TF2 I could have told you for sure. ;)

Roland_tHTG on
  • The_SpaniardThe_Spaniard It's never lupines Irvine, CaliforniaRegistered User regular
    Oh are you giving out some exclusive armor codes?

Playstation/Origin/GoG: Span_Wolf Xbox/uPlay/Bnet: SpanWolf Nintendo: Span_Wolf SW-7097-4917-9392 Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/Span_Wolf/
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    Apparently not. :lol:

• HuntingNoobHuntingNoob Registered User regular
    I want to thank Zek for gifting me this! My body is now ready for the release.

• MrDelishMrDelish Registered User regular
    someone make a Steam group

Here, someone with NS2 preordered enter this code and tell me what you get:

ATERE-D3TCH-Z5RDR

• NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    UEAKCrash wrote: »
    Here, someone with NS2 preordered enter this code and tell me what you get:

ATERE-D3TCH-Z5RDR
    85148068.png

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    I have no idea where I got armor from. Carry on.

After playing a couple of hours today I'd say that regardless of this loosely being a remake of the first one, it's different enough that it's like learning a whole new game.

And just like the first one, I suck. But it's fun enough I don't care. :p

• stopgapstopgap Registered User regular
    guys, I am interested in this game. seems pretty awesome. What team should be aimed at first.

steam_sig.png
  • NEO|PhyteNEO|Phyte They follow the stars, bound together. Strands in a braid till the end.Registered User regular
    The enemy team.

It was that somehow, from within the derelict-horror, they had learned a way to see inside an ugly, broken thing... And take away its pain.
    Warframe/Steam: NFyt
    You can also aim at the friendly team first, just to get used to aiming, but if you've ever played a first person shooter before it's probably easier just to aim at enemies.

• LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    Aim at the floor, you'll get better fps.

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • MegamaniacoMegamaniaco Madrid, Spain (again!)Registered User regular
    So I played the original years ago, it made me miss several days of college but oh man it was so worth it.
    Thinking about playing the new one, now that I have more actual free time...

Steam ID: Megamaniaco // LoL summoner: Corcorigan (NA), Megamaniaco (EUW) // Hearthstone: Megamaniaco.2120

Please don't go. The drones need you. They look up to you.
  • ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    When this gets a-rollin' I've got a ton* of PAX DLC Armor codes up to pass out.

*Because I am a bad person and there was a huuuge stack.

how does the NF2 pax armor code differ from the Pre-order black/ deluxe edition green one?

at any rate, can't wait to kill them aliens with you guys (always loved the shotgun)

steam_sig.png
    edited September 2012
    The PAX armor code isn't an armor code. It's a PAX icon. It has nothing to do with armor. There is no PAX armor.

This thread has been as much about PAX armor as it has been about the game. Gamers have weird priorities!

TychoCelchuuu on
  • ShapeshifterShapeshifter Pants Optioanl Registered User regular
    what they need to do is a TF2 item promo

sales would jump 1000% ha.

steam_sig.png
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    Man I had this game pre-ordered back day one, I still play the beta occasionally. Looking forward to the full launch.

• LittleBootsLittleBoots Registered User regular
    Maybe we should get a PA NS2 beta night going.

Tofu wrote: Here be Littleboots, destroyer of threads and master of drunkposting.
  • TheGerbilTheGerbil Registered User regular
    I wouldn't be opposed to that. Though to pubbies in the beta are better than most (likely due to prior interest in the game), it can still be an exercise in self hatred.

We need better players
    is what I hear in my mind when I play

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    I enjoyed playing this back in ye old days, but I have to admit, I couldn't play the aliens worth a damn. I think it was just my not great connection making melee attacks bullshit.

Well, no, I just sucked at playing the Fade, the flying thing and the little zergling wall walker dudes.. I ruled as Onos (OM NOM NOM)

• Some_tall_guySome_tall_guy Registered User regular
    So the new patch Build 221 came out over the weekend. It added quite a bit of polish and balance to the game and I'm happy to report that it's playing very well.

My number one recommendation for this game is that you get a microphone to help coordinate your play. I find that the team that's most likely to win is generally the one with the most players on voice chat.

The special armour that you can get is from pre ordering the special edition (which I did day 1 for $40). I believe there have been other ways to unlock it since then but I'm not too sure.

I played the crap out of the original from the very first day it was released almost 10 years ago. I saw it go through every single major update and overhaul that it had and I can vouch for the loyalty the developers have to their community. If you're looking for an in depth game that you can sink a lot of hours into, this is it.

I don't know whats been discussed already in the steamgroup chat, but we should all definately regular on the same server. Does anyone know if this is happening already and if so, which server?

I'm going to finish by saying that there is nothing more satisfying than baiting a group of marines into a dark hallway with your skulk buddies waiting over their heads for them to pass and swarm from behind.

LOL ZEALURKS
    Release date announced. October 31, 2012. 10 year anniversary of the first Natural Selection. Wooooo.

• Undead ScottsmanUndead Scottsman Registered User regular
    Nice.

This might one of the few multiplayer games I actually put some time into.

• Bear is DrivingBear is Driving Registered User regular
    I'm on the fence about this one. I know a guy trying to arrange a 4-pack purchase possibly but otherwise I'm going to wait for a sale.

• JustPlainEvilJustPlainEvil Registered User regular
    It is I, I would like to try and arrange a 4 pack purchase! I loved NS1, used to play it to death. Anyone else in?

Ah that's sad to hear that pre-purchasing no longer gets you beta access :(:(. Oct 31st is so far away!

steam_sig.png

Steam ID : JustPlainEvil
  • subediisubedii Registered User regular
    Nice.

This might one of the few multiplayer games I actually put some time into.

I genuinely hope that there's enough of a community to support this.

Everyone seems to be going the F2P route, and it's not just because it's the "in" thing at the moment, but it's because a lot of devs feel that's a necessity these days in order to attract any kind of base community (without which the game just dies).

I do worry a bit about a relatively niche game like this having a solid community, and not just one that fills and evaporates with the tides of the occasional Steam sale.

People still play NS1. NS2 isn't even out yet and it has a community. I can guarantee people will still be playing this for a long, long time to come.

• SpoonySpoony Registered User regular
    Oh, yes. NS.

Are celerity-boosted, blinking, bunny-hopping Fades still a thing? I remember when they were a thing. A nigh-unhittable whirlwind of death thing.

No bunny hopping.

Fades are different but still pretty badass. Also they've been working on a sort of pseudo-bunny hop for skulks for a while - the way it works now is you gain a ton of speed by jumping downward from a high altitude, and can preserve most of it by repeatedly jumping/walljumping.

The game is in really good shape these days. Getting consistent 60+ FPS now and the netcode feels a lot better. Saw the Shade hallucinate ability for the first time the other day when the comm was marching a mile long train of of fake gorges into the base while we attacked it.

• JustPlainEvilJustPlainEvil Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Can the Onos still devour a marine whole? Also, can skulks still get the suicide bomber ability?

JustPlainEvil on
    steam_sig.png

Steam ID : JustPlainEvil
    Nope Devour is gone, but Skulks can still get Xenocide at hive 3.

• Comrade1809Comrade1809 Registered User regular
    I've been a fan of NS1 for years. I think I even got a D in a physics class because I stayed up playing the damn thing longer than I should have. Well that and my teacher didn't find it amusing when I would use NS1 for examples regarding physics. I suppose it's time to ruin my life again! =D

EVE: TrueAnger

“The trouble with Communism is the Communists, just as the trouble with Christianity is the Christians.”
    ― H.L. Mencken

“This Snow Crash thing--is it a virus, a drug, or a religion?”
    Juanita shrugs. “What's the difference?”
    ― Neal Stephenson, Snow Crash
  • FleebFleeb has all of the fleeb juice Registered User regular
    I loved hanging out on ceilings as a skulk and chuckling

hurhurhurrr