As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles] Picked up through season 3 already!

• GoatmonGoatmon Companion of Kess Registered User regular
    Just finished the 2 parter on the nick website.

Surprisingly good! This might be a pretty great series.

Switch Friend Code: SW-6680-6709-4204

• MagellMagell Detroit Machine Guns Fort MyersRegistered User regular
    I saw the action figures for this series a couple of weeks ago and thought they were pretty cool looking. Different than what I was used to, but still good. The teenage April made me really worried about the show, but those fears were unfounded.

It was really cool to see Donatello be awesome in a fight since he didn't get to do that often.

Raphael is still my favorite turtle.

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    Just watched it. Highly enjoyable.

• SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    Ok, for months leading up to this premiering I had been watching the trailers and thought that this was going to be absolutely terrible. That didn't stop me from buying the figures...well, the Turtles themselves at least, all the other figures have shit articulation. Also the Classics figures.

But I still gave the premier a chance, and fortunately I was rewarded with something that was a hell of a lot better than was being advertised. The animation was generally pretty good, the backgrounds and cityscapes were a hell of a lot better than any Prime has had, which is something that I dislike about that show. Something of the animation is flat in parts though, everything is so smooth, nothing has rough edges sort of thing, like when Donatello's bo was snapped in half or when they were eating the pizza. Which was a scene I hated in the trailers as a standalone thing, but worked better within the context of the show.

None of the characters have grated on me yet, and there were some funny moments, such as Splinter choosing the leader, something in the fight with Snake that I forget already but I remember laughing at, and the dialogue of the Kraangs. The action was well done and they used slow motion pretty well. All in all I have a lot more hope about the show than I did earlier today.

But it is weird for Raph's old voice to be coming out of Don.

"THOSE WHO ARE COMING TO THIS PLACE, WILL SOON BE IN THIS PLACE"

"aaaagh, just call them turtles! And they're almost here."

"THE ONES YOU WISH TO CALL TURTLES ARE ON THEIR WAY TO THIS PLACE, AND WILL SOON BE IN THIS PLACE, THAT YOU WISH TO CALL 'HERE'"

"aaaaagh!"

I loved when Leo and Splinter are talking about why he chose Leo to be the leader
    Leo: "So any choice would have been right, even Mikey?"
    Splinter: "No, that would have been wrong."

The conversation before that exchange really set it up well.

• UnbreakableVowUnbreakableVow Registered User regular
    Goddammit

I just watched the first episode of this

I like almost everything about it. It's really cleverly written, I like that each of the turtles has their own visual signifier outside of their bandana color, the voices are great

But it's such a horrid art style that I don't think I'm gonna be able to keep watching

This writing deserves better art

• Goose!Goose! That's me, honey Show me the way home, honeyRegistered User regular
    I don't know, I like the art, maybe your brain is broken.

Art style seems fine to me.

The art style is definitely a thing that requires getting used to, but I dig on the style. It's different, but in an interesting way.

• Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    I love the turtles so much, I'm excited to check this out. it's weird that jason biggs is in this, but then again he probably doesn't have much else going on.

I also never saw the old school/ new turtles crossover, I still need to get it

• TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    I still want someone to animate the original comics.

That would be cool.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Kuribo's ShoeKuribo's Shoe Kuribo's Stocking North PoleRegistered User regular
    80s turtles forever

xmassig2.gif
    I would pay a lot of money for an animated yusagi yojimbo

• FCDFCD Registered User regular
    I'm actually rather digging this. The anime-style emotes are a little weird, but otherwise a good start.

Gridman! Baby DAN DAN! Baby DAN DAN!
  • SchideSchide Yeoh! Registered User regular
    I would pay a lot of money for an animated yusagi yojimbo

Actually, he was in a couple episodes of the original series and then many episodes in the 03 series, including one where he and Leo went to Usagi's world.

Also there's this.

I liked his cameos in the cartoons, it bothers me when he doesn't have a Japanese accent for some reason though. but really the comics story deserve to be in some kind of cartoon

• Centipede DamascusCentipede Damascus Registered User regular
    write a letter to John Lasseter and tell him Disney needs to get on it

• DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    usagi yojimbo is such a great comic. i read two trades.

• CenoCeno pizza time Registered User regular
    Yay! I'm glad people gave it a shot. I was very pleasantly surprised and look forward to seeing where the series goes.

• MatevMatev Cero Miedo Registered User regular
    So, watched this, I thought it was enjoyable. I like how TMNT kind of remixes itself every few years, almost in a Legend of Zelda sense, if you get what I mean by that. The old 87 cartoon was what got me hooked, the 03 cartoon was cool because it seemed a lot more in line with the Laird/Eastman comics and wa overall a nice product. This latest series seems like it'll pan out, but I'm trying to not get my hopes up after only 2 episodes.

Also
    That is one damn fine Shredder voice, I tell you what.

"Go down, kick ass, and set yourselves up as gods, that's our Prime Directive!"
    Hail Hydra
    edited September 2012
    To be honest, I didn't really stick with the 03 series for very long.

The voice acting was really bland, and the dialogue just bored the hell out of me.

Overall it was just really slow, and wasn't very funny at all for the most part

This show seems a lot more promising.

Goatmon on

• Mr FuzzbuttMr Fuzzbutt Registered User regular
    The big question is, what dumb name will the insane TMNT fanbase come up with to call themselves?

broken image link
    The big question is, what dumb name will the insane TMNT fanbase come up with to call themselves?

furries

shellies?

broken image link
  • QuothQuoth the Raven Miami, FL FOR REALRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, I didn't really like Splinter's SUPER TRAGIC ORIGIN STORY

It was

TRAGIC

Also

Team Turtle
    Turtlers
    Half-shellers
    Sewer Brats

• LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    Tonkka wrote: »

That would be cool.

I'm sure this goes without saying...

Anyway, I'm digging the new show so far, and have a lot of hopes for it (click the link to PoisonMushroom.Org in my sig if you want to see all the stuff I hope they reinvent).

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    how about
    lil turts

or maybe
    oozers

oh god

oozers

Tonkka wrote: »

That would be cool.

I'm sure this goes without saying...

It's... beautiful. :cry:

Ceno wrote: »
    oh god

oozers

their euphemism for jacking off to turtles would definitely be called oozing

broken image link
    Totally Tubulars.

• GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    Quoth wrote: »

It was

TRAGIC

Maybe don't read the comic series then. My guy tells me this actually happened.

In the new IDW series, it's being implied that Splinter and the Turtles are reincarnations of Yoshi and his four sons after being brutally beheaded by Oroku Saki.

Quoth wrote: »

It was

TRAGIC

Maybe don't read the comic series then. My guy tells me this actually happened.

I assumed that but I mean... You make choices in a reboot, and they made that one, and I'm not a fan

• AntimatterAntimatter Devo Was Right Gates of SteelRegistered User regular
    To be fair the original comics started out parodying comics and their grimness iirc
    Using money from a tax refund together with a loan from Eastman's uncle, the young artists self-published a single-issue comic intended to parody four of the most popular comics of the early 1980s: Marvel Comics' Daredevil and New Mutants, Dave Sim's Cerebus, and Frank Miller's Ronin.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    oh god

oozers

Terrapincest

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
    agoaj wrote: »
    oh god

oozers

Terrapincest

Damn you