As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play! [Bad Rats] What? IT'S FOR THE KIDS! LP is done! Over $6,000 raised!!!

anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it.Registered User regular
edited December 2012 in Games and Technology
Edit: Recording has begun from the beginning and we are now raising money for Child's Play. Working with @CorriganX through steam chat we are making our way through the game. Currently at level 27! 17 levels to go! Thank you classy people who have donated and made pledges. This is an amazing community.

We are done! Thanks for the donations. This is truly a classy classy community. The videos have been uploaded! Enjoy. You monsters.

Levels 1-27.

Video 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2sewA-YEdc&feature=youtu.be

Video 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U2esM9eA1P4&feature=youtu.be

Video 3 The Finale!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgnHLoldgDg&feature=youtu.be

Next live stream Friday Dec. 14th at 8:00 PM EST! at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/corriganx

Old LPs below >>>

On June 10th at approximately 10:52 PM EST I made the biggest mistake of my life. A mistake that will now haunt me, my family, my future children, and their future children forever. I made a foolish bet that I could not lose. And lost. Long story short: Black Mesa has been released and now I have to play Bad Rats. If you think you have played the worst game ever, and it's not called Bad Rats, then you have not. Why is it so bad? The graphics, the music, the options, the gameplay, the music, the stereotypes, the music. It basically contains everything horrible in the world condensed into 1 game. Look it up on youtube if you don't believe me and watch some videos. But be warned. It's terrible. Have a trash can ready.

Anyway without further ado, here's the first video. This is my first LP, so I'm posting a short video first to get some feedback and make sure everything sounds ok. Let me know what I need to fix. Although after just a few minutes of watching this game, you might be done anyway, but some of you are monsters so probably not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkGQwSlbGgw&feature=youtu.be

And here's part 2, wherein I actually make progress! Also, this just in! This game is still awful. Enjoy!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F_QICnkoexg&feature=youtu.be

And here's what I'm calling part 2.5 only because I had to pause and come back.

http://youtu.be/lyDJI71hB5E

Steam: offday
anoffday on

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Reserved for future videos. :(

• TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm 6 seconds in and this game looks like bullshit.

edit: and 11 seconds in it's racist. So that's great.

edit 2: and it ends on a cliffhanger!

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Big ClassyBig Classy Registered User regular
    I will force myself to sit through this and watch it if it means you have to play it. *cue evil laughter*

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Wait, so it's also a RACIST shitty physics puzzler?

I...i think I need to make some Steam purchases tonight.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    O my, this is going to be a though one... :winky:

bannerpa.jpg
  • ueanuean Registered User regular
    muahahaha. you hate me.

Guys? Hay guys?
    PSN - sumowot
  • minor incidentminor incident expert in a dying field njRegistered User regular
    Oh man.

I love you for this.

Ah, it stinks, it sucks, it's anthropologically unjust
  • Dac VinDac Vin S-s-screw you! I only listen to DOUBLE MUSIC! Registered User regular
    Look anoffday, no one on this Penny Arcade forum went through with all their cock eating bets so you're of no obligation of doing something worse than eating a penis.

• CorriganXCorriganX Jacksonville, FLRegistered User regular
    Considering getting bad rats just so I can beat offday to the finish and mock him more.

n1woEHJ.png
    CorriganX on Steam and just about everywhere else.
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    CorriganX wrote: »
    Considering getting bad rats just so I can beat offday to the finish and mock him more.

This is going in the next edition of the dictionary under "masochism"

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular

Our friendship would be over. OVER.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    If ever there was a clear definition of schadenfreude, this is it.

emp123 wrote: »
    If ever there was a clear definition of schadenfreude, this is it.

I had to look that word up.

But yes. You are totally right.

• Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation of what comes next! Will the ball make it's way to the bomb? OR will Anoffday have an aneurism first?

50433.png?1708759015
  • ShimshaiShimshai Flush with Success! Isle of EmeraldRegistered User regular
    This game is both cruel and unusual.

Steam/Origin: Shimshai

steam_sig.png
  • IdolNinjaIdolNinja Registered User regular
    How could the developers possibly think that starting a level countdown timer during the tutorial where you have to read a bunch of text was a good idea?

Of course that's a relatively minor issue considering that it's one small part of such a terrible game. It's like complaining that the ash from a volcano is spoiling your scenic view while entire neighborhoods are being consumed in lava.

Banzai5150 wrote: »
    I'm on the edge of my seat in anticipation of what comes next! Will the ball make it's way to the bomb? OR will Anoffday have an aneurism first?

The stunning conclusion tomorrow!

Seriously. I can only handle this in small doses, but hey I'm doing it. Tomorrow's video will be longer though.

• ArcSynArcSyn Registered User regular
    Oh man, are we punishing ourselves by watching this? That is a terrible game. I'm so glad I don't own it.

4dm3dwuxq302.png
  • ZxerolZxerol for the smaller pieces, my shovel wouldn't do so i took off my boot and used my shoeRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    this is what happens son

this is what happens when you make bad wagers

let this be a good lesson to you

we hold you to that bet only because we love you

Zxerol on
    I wish there was some good that could come from this. Like I was throwing around the idea of live streaming it one night and raising money for child's play, but I'm afraid of what the consequences might be to my soul for playing this game for hours.

What do you guys think? Raising money so sick children can play video games or keeping my sanity?

• RyadicRyadic Registered User regular
    From what I've heard about this game and from what I've seen in the preview on Steam, this should be entertaining.

steam_sig.png
  • OlivawOlivaw good name, isn't it? the foot of mt fujiRegistered User regular
    anoffday wrote: »
    I wish there was some good that could come from this. Like I was throwing around the idea of live streaming it one night and raising money for child's play, but I'm afraid of what the consequences might be to my soul for playing this game for hours.

What do you guys think? Raising money so sick children can play video games or keeping my sanity?

I think you know what we think

signature-deffo.jpg
    PSN ID : DetectiveOlivaw | TWITTER | STEAM ID | NEVER FORGET
    edited October 2012
    Olivaw wrote: »

I think you know what we think

I guess the question is how many of you would be willing to donate a few bucks to child's play to watch me go through pain and misery for your enjoyment?

anoffday on
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Tell you what, to show solidarity I'll post how far I made it back when I got spite-gifted this in February.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gHYwaLYaWpk

No speech, though; just the game. I think it speaks for itself.

Handgimp on
    PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • RyadicRyadic Registered User regular

I vote this, and you LP it as well.

steam_sig.png
  • SkutSkutSkutSkut Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Over two minutes in and not playing the game, quit stalling and play the game, the faster you start the faster the first play is over and then just 3 more! :lol:

Also we can pause and read no need to read every text prompt :p

SkutSkut on
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    That review is 100% accurate.

Also, I'm not sure if it would be cheating to have the level plan on, because most of the time using the level plan exactly as they want you to doesn't actually work.

Double also, this is glorious.

• cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    Oh good, there's apparently a demo for this game.

Downloading it now. I need to know.

steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    cj00 nooooooooo

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Oh god that was painful. I am so sorry.

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Hey, I heard that there was suffering going on and I came as fast as I could

Going to say that you should be really editing this hardcore, even if all you're doing is cutting out the parts where you don't know what to do

Cries of misery as you try to figure out what to do are fine, though

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I kinda like the unedited version because it kinda makes us suffer through his suffering. Its like a circle of suffering.

emp123 on
  • IoloIolo iolo Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Oh god it's really happening...

EDIT: "Also, if you're watching right now, I hate you." :)

Iolo on
    Lt. Iolo's First Day
    Steam profile.
    Getting started with BATTLETECH: Part 1 / Part 2
    emp123 wrote: »
    I kinda like the unedited version because it kinda makes us suffer through his suffering. Its like a circle of suffering.

Yeah, I thought that was the point. Anyway, it's my first LP and I literally just learned how to record it and now you guys want me to edit it too?

• joshofalltradesjoshofalltrades Class Traitor Smoke-filled roomRegistered User regular
    Well, if us suffering is what you're going for, sally forth

• BloodySlothBloodySloth Registered User regular
    That this game exists and is available on steam just makes me feel so much worse for all the developers trying to make it through Greenlight.

• FandaFanda Hang a shining star upon the highest boughRegistered User regular
    I thought the tutorial voice was a speech synthesizer at first.

Voice Actor:
    So, what sort of intonation are you looking for?

Sound Director: Avant-garde.

• InkSplatInkSplat 100%ed Bad Rats. Registered User regular
    Fanda wrote: »
    I thought the tutorial voice was a speech synthesizer at first.

Voice Actor:
    So, what sort of intonation are you looking for?

Sound Director: Avant-garde.

Wait..its a real person?

Origin for Dragon Age: Inquisition Shenanigans: Inksplat776
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular

Tell Tube you've found a top-notch game for Piggy Chimp to charity-LP next. :lol:
    :twisted: