As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Sonic the Hedgehog] New Sonic All-Stars Racing trailer... with Afterburner stage!

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    Quake Matt wrote: »
    According to Eurogamer, the battle extras are going to be available as DLC for 240 points.

It's times like this that make me hate DLC.

Oh well, I'll just enjoy the Gamecube version.

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • TheySlashThemTheySlashThem Registered User regular
    making the battle stuff dlc is silly

especially since SA1 was automatically the DX version

edited September 2012

Well, initially it was the PC version. They released an update later that added the GameCube additions.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    yeah this is the exact same thing they did with SA1

PNk1Ml4.png
  • LBD_NytetraynLBD_Nytetrayn TorontoRegistered User regular
    SA2 had some tough stuff near the end. Rail-grinding in the Ark was tough, and searching for the last emerald pieces with Knuckles took me forever...

qjWUWdm.gif1edr1cF.gifJZuC7sH.png
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
    edited September 2012
    Argh, double-post... please delete, if anyone with the power to do so can be bothered...

LBD_Nytetrayn on
    Like Mega Man Legends? Then check out my story, Legends of the Halcyon Era - An Adventure in the World of Mega Man Legends on TMMN and AO3!
  • FremFrem Registered User regular
    skeldare wrote: »

Well, initially it was the PC version. They released an update later that added the GameCube additions.

Wait, what? An update to the PC version? When did that happen?

Frem wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »

Wait, what? An update to the PC version? When did that happen?

I was talking about the XBLA version of Sonic Adventure.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • Dark Raven XDark Raven X Laugh hard, run fast, be kindRegistered User regular
    I discovered a band aid for the Ranking Attack glitch in Generations!

Idling on the 30 Second Trial loading screen for about 10 seconds, then quitting out and going into Ranking Attack greatly reduces the chance of an instant crash (IE, it now crashes 5/10 attempts rather than 9.75/10 attempts) but it can still crash every time you move the cursor to each level, and the game HUD doesn't record my times. Pressing Y on any given level will bring up my best time compared to @mntorankusu but my time won't appear in the global table.

So I struggled through this mess and managed to set a time on every level for the most arduous achievement I ever did try for, just for the sake of having 100% on one of my favourite games. Time well spe-

Didn't unlock.

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

Oh brilliant
  • Shady3011Shady3011 Registered User regular
    In honor of SA2 being released this week, let's take a look back at one of the many memorable scenes from the game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhGm4ztXeMs

As that Gee You En soldier said, "This Flying Dog can't be destroyed!" A true testament to this series.

• agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    The lyrics to white jungle still sound like
    "Oh yeaaaah! Rudy Giulliani's comming!"

ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • darunia106darunia106 J-bob in games Death MountainRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    There's only one way to celebrate the release of Sonic Adventure 2 HD.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z6NaZrPQGfY

Also am I the only one worried about the release? Like the port will be really phoned in like Sonic Adventure was?

darunia106 on
    pHWHd2G.jpg
    Sega phoning it in for a release? Nah.

Shady3011 wrote: »
    Sega phoning it in for a release? Nah.

Sega and shoddy ports? psh.

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • Local H JayLocal H Jay Registered User regular
    they've gotten a lot better recently
    but sure let's hope for the worst

It takes effort for Sega to produce true train wrecks. Those things don't just happen by accident.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gfA4GrKMo-M

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    When I see those videos, I'm never sure how much of what I'm seeing is Sonic GBA being terrible, and how much is an artifact of how the video was acquired.

I mean, that sound lag is really something else.

The sound lag is a product of the recording. I would say some of the slow down is due to the emulator. Otherwise, I would say it's pretty accurate. There were better looking videos but almost all had people talking over them raving how shitty the port was, something their childhood, blah, blah, blah. You could always buy a copy to see for yourself. Then again, if I didn't pick up this game when Circuit City was doing their monthly clearance rounds (and it didn't look like anyone else did) then I have no idea why you would pay to see how not to port a game to different hardware.

edited October 2012
    so do we know when SA2 is hitting steam yet?

TheySlashThem on
  • shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    I remember when people were like "oh they can do more levels for Sonic Generations as DLC." I then remember how they, being Sega, totally did not follow through on that sensible idea. Did they even make the pre-order pinball available for everybody? My suspicion is no.

On the positive side of Sonic stuff, I got Episode 2 of Sonic 4 when it was on deal and it was SO much better than Ep 1. In fact, it was good enough to make me go back to Ep 1 for achievements. After playing a great deal more of 1, it's tolerable now if hardly good in any way. It would make sense (depending on sales of course) to do an Episode 3 of Sonic 4 where you can play as Knuckles and Tails solo and there are HYPER EMERALDS if you have 1 and 2. So again, not going to happen because Sega.

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    no Generations DLC still bums me out, especially since they made so much for Unleashed

PNk1Ml4.png
    -Tal wrote: »
    no Generations DLC still bums me out, especially since they made so much for Unleashed

Yeah, how you gonna do an Anniversary celebration with ONE level per game?? Of the games that you did, and there were many skipped... Such a good idea, done relatively well, but with no backing/budget/dev time/? to move it from a good game to THE BEST game.

for the record, the pinball dlc was eventually made available to everyone

• maximumzeromaximumzero I...wait, what? New Orleans, LARegistered User regular

Was it? I was hoping to get it eventually but all I see on the XBL Marketplace page are avatar props & costumes.

FU7kFbw.png
    Switch: 6200-8149-0919 / Wii U: maximumzero / 3DS: 0860-3352-3335 / eBay Shop

Was it? I was hoping to get it eventually but all I see on the XBL Marketplace page are avatar props & costumes.

I remember them saying it was coming, but I haven't been able to find it.

Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    It's definitely out on the PC.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/200590/

pHWHd2G.jpg
  • RiokennRiokenn Registered User regular
    I'd kill for Sonic 2 built with the Sonic Generations engine.

OmSUg.pngrs3ua.pngvVAdv.png
    darunia106 wrote: »

So "everyone" in this case is the vast amount of PC Sonic players. Who cares about the no doubt inconsequential console Sonic players? I mean, who would play Sonic, a true PC franchise if ever there was one on... okay sarcasm has passed critical threshold. It is dumb and lame that they didn't do whatever needed to be done to get this rather minor bit of DLC out for EVERY platform. Not as dumb as the thing already whined about, but still.

edited October 2012
    darunia106 wrote: »

So "everyone" in this case is the vast amount of PC Sonic players. Who cares about the no doubt inconsequential console Sonic players? I mean, who would play Sonic, a true PC franchise if ever there was one on...

Fuckin' PC gamers...get off your fuckin' high horse dammit.
    This was partially sarcasm and partially real talk.

maximumzero on
    FU7kFbw.png
  • BlitzAce1981BlitzAce1981 Registered User regular
    A few samples of remixes appearing in Sonic & All-Stars Racing: Transformed have been revealed.

All I can say is, holy fuck that Splash Wave remix. Here's hoping they release the soundtrack.

PSN ID - BlitzAce1981 FFXIV - Raiden Solitaire (Sargatanas)
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
    Nintendo Console Codes
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    ...there was an old Sonic Jump?

I'm guessing it'll be one of the "automatically run so the player jumps over obstacles" games that have been popular on cell phones lately.

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    cloudeagle wrote: »

I'm guessing it'll be one of the "automatically run so the player jumps over obstacles" games that have been popular on cell phones lately.

The truth is far more stupid.
    RloFm.jpg

soempty.jpg
  • cloudeaglecloudeagle Registered User regular
    AaronKI wrote: »
    cloudeagle wrote: »

The truth is far more stupid.
    RloFm.jpg

....that's almost as stupid as turning Sonic into a gritty shooter.

(cue Shadow the Hedgehog game cover .jpg)

Switch: 3947-4890-9293
    Shouldn't it be "Sonic Run"? "Jump" is something I tend to associate more with Mario.

FU7kFbw.png
    Dang. I was really hoping this would be like a Sonic version of that recent Rayman Jungle Run release.

I really want to make fun of Sega for making a clone of a popular iPhone game, but I can't since the original Sonic Jump came out years before Doodle Jump.

So I'll wait until they release an Angry Birds clone called Flicky Flick.

soempty.jpg
    edited December 2012
    I've come to a point where I could no longer contain my morbid curiosity. I think I've made a huge mistake.

K0PI5.jpg

AaronKI on
    soempty.jpg