As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Halloween 2012

• Options
    MetroidZoidMetroidZoid Registered User regular
    If you are a skinny, white male, you have an obligation to go as Bane.

Something to eclipse the Fat Jokers.

9UsHUfk.jpgSteam
    3DS FC: 4699-5714-8940 Playing Pokemon, add me! Ho, SATAN!
  • Options
    George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    oh man ironic skinny Bane

that's pretty good

• Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    another hipster costume:

put on a suit and two neckties. "I'm Marty McFly, circa 2015"

bonus points if you can rent one of those inflatable skirt hovercrafts

This reminded me they actually made those shoes for charity and I am not rich and thus could not own them

• Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    MoosehatIV wrote: »

I actually did not enjoy it much last year (the college was trying to reign in festivities with incredible gusto, no music past 6 pm or the cops or horseback would come shut you down, which did in fact happen, and this was all across the off-campus college town), but if I have nothing better to do that weekend, why not? See my friends and stuff, maybe head into Santa Barbara proper.

I can't decide who is worse, that school's administration or Actual Nazis

The administration has been quite transparent about their goals to change UCSB's party school reputation. I honestly felt pretty bad for the people who were coming from far way to experience Isla Vista Halloween (that's the name of the college town). Because by the time they had arrived the cops had already shut down a lot of parties. What music there was was kept annoyingly, uselessly low.

God dammit Muse. First you steal my avatar and now you are going to MY school?! Are you trying to replace me? I knew it!

I actually graduated a few years ago and even then I saw that the Halloween presence was dropping every year. There was still a lot of madness going on when I left though.

Also, I need a halloween costume for a guy with long hair. Ideas?

@MoosehatIV: Hahaha, c'mon that is pretty funny.

I'm not actually attending UCSB anymore, but I do remember Halloween quite well. The most fun I had was watching Silent Hill and playing Apples to Apples. I'd never been to parties without music before, I don't want to do it ever again. Or even when there was music it was turned down real low. What a bummer. My friends were total dicks those nights too. Hence why the movie/boardgames with a different crew was a lot more fun. The school is going to build a buttload of new dorms to house a significantly higher percentage of their students in, with the express purpose of being able to keep an eye on them and curtail any untoward behavior. The administration is positively giddy. I may still go to IV Halloween anyway

We should put together a list of costume recommendations, and I can add the list to the OP.

• Options
    YoSoyTheWalrusYoSoyTheWalrus Registered User regular
    If you are a skinny, white male, you have an obligation to go as Bane.

Something to eclipse the Fat Jokers.

This requires being like emaciated though

If you have any meat on your bones at all then it will just look pathetic as hell instead of funny

In other news the slutty Bert idea made me start thinking about Slutty Oscar the Grouch. Basically just need a green face, brown eyebrows and a trash can lid, with the world's tiniest trash can around the old genitals and some ratty tennis shoes

tumblr_mvlywyLVys1qigwg9o1_250.png
  • Options
    CelloCello Registered User regular
    I love Halloween, it's an excuse to show off how awesome you are at making stuff! Last year sucked because I had no time to work on it (last-minute cowgirl yeahhhh), but the year before I made a badass Medic costume that dispensed rum and coke from the medi-backpack.

This year, I'm making a Commander Shepard armour costume with a friend of mine (we're both going to be Shepard, since it really doesn't matter what you look like for the female version). I'm also helping my sister make a glowing disco stick, and some other friends are going as Zapp Brannigan and Kif (and I'm helping to sew costumes for them)!

Steam
    3DS Friend Code: 0216-0898-6512
    Switch Friend Code: SW-7437-1538-7786
  • Options
    Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    Oh man wait, Halloween problems: I'd honestly rather stay in LA for Halloween festivities but I have like, one, maybe two people I may do anything with. Why can't my UCSB friends come up here?

Fo' real, how many LA-homps we got? I want to go big with my costumes.

• Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    oh boy, it's october, where's @Lost Salient at?

Aww!

I'm right here but I was out of town!

I was planning on doing another 31 Days of Halloween thread but Muse made this lovely thread already!

So... should I still make one?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    MarthMarth Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I'm just gonna be Walter White since I can grow the beard and I have most of the clothes. Just need a pork pie hat to complete it. I have a big mop of hair, and I'm not sure if I should get a close cut a week before Halloween and wear a bald cap or just wear the hat the whole time.

I have no idea what party I'm gonna go to but it should be good. I plan on knocking when I get there, and I'll bring an actual pizza and bread sticks.

Marth on
    Steam PSN LoL: SadSchaub Battle.net: SadSchaub#1357
  • Options
    @Lost Salient What were you thinking of doing for your thread? We can collaborate, Halloween 2012, brought to you by Moose and Lost Salient.

• Options
    SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    God dammit. Been trying to keep away from candy but there's a store here that's selling bags of lemonheads in those tiny little boxes. I think I need to avoid that store for the next month.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Options
    Lost SalientLost Salient blink twice if you'd like me to mercy kill youRegistered User regular
    Yes yes I love this idea!

I was just thinking of doing the thing I did last year where once a day for the month of October I maek post featuring a Halloween-themed movie, song and selected other media

It is my favourite time of year! I love being spooky.

Would you be amenable to that?

RUVCwyu.jpg
    "Sandra has a good solid anti-murderer vibe. My skin felt very secure and sufficiently attached to my body when I met her. Also my organs." HAIL SATAN
  • Options
    That sounds great! I was thinking I'd try to compile some movie/music/tv/radioplay lists but I'm sure a joint effort would yield a much better product.

• Options
    #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
  • Options
    ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    for you?

anything that John Goodman has ever done

• Options
    alternately: rake up a bunch of leaves, sew them to a set of autumnal-hued clothing

congrats, you're a pile of leaves

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    So many years in a row I have worked on Halloween.

This year? Nope.

Helmet and The Toadies are playing that night.

My costume is going to be a guy who is about to rock the fuck out.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    #pipe: grow your beard, shave your head, go as Tonkka

• Options
    TonkkaTonkka Some one in the club tonight Has stolen my ideas.Registered User regular
    Scariest costume ever.

Steam: evilumpire Battle.net: T0NKKA#1588 PS4: T_0_N_N_K_A Twitter Art blog/Portfolio! Twitch?! HEY SATAN Shirts and such
  • Options
    explaining that would be fun

"See, there's this manimal in Seattle..."

• Options
    And then get drunk and start hugging everyone.

• Options
    Wait, Pipe does that too. . .

• Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    You guys know what are the most boring costumes? Costumes where you just dress up as other people.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Well, maybe if someone dressed up as you.

• Options
    You guys know who the worst posters are? People who criticize without providing alternatives or even demonstrating a basic grasp of the situation.

• Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Worst costumes
    Racist caricatures
    Or puns involving shit?

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    TefTef Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Nope, can't even make this joke

Costumes of other real life people are great!

Tef on
    help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Options
    Shorty you are so out of line I can't believe you posted that.

• Options
    I'll try to control myself in the future

• Options
    Let's hope so, that outburst was unwarranted.

• Options
    it was clearly a step too far by any measure

• Options
    See me in my office, first thing in the morning.

• Options
    pfft fine but you can't fire me, I've got tenure

• Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
    Why don't you two just bump dicks and get it over with already

• Options
    Who says we haven't already?

• Options
    Did you see that?

I know how to use a question mark.

• Options
    Drew-BDrew-B Registered User regular
  • Options
    sounds to me like somebody wants a piece of bear meat

• Options
    hint: it's drew

drew's got a hankerin' for some manimal flesh

• Options
    Drew-B wrote: »
    pedant

Proud of it.