As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Let's Play! [Bad Rats] What? IT'S FOR THE KIDS! LP is done! Over $6,000 raised!!!

• SumanaiSumanai muh PTRegistered User regular
    Fanda wrote: »
    I thought the tutorial voice was a speech synthesizer at first.

Voice Actor:
    So, what sort of intonation are you looking for?

Sound Director: Avant-garde.

Voice actor? Sound director? This is Bad Rats we are talking about! Unless you are talking about the conversation that happened in the head of the probably schizophrenic mind that made the game.

camo_sig2.png
  • Banzai5150Banzai5150 Registered User regular
    I also like hearing his thoughts as he is figuring things out. This is a punishment LP so I like my pain unedited! :evil:

50433.png?1708759015
  • AaronKIAaronKI Registered User regular
    Good lord. This LP is an engine of existential horror. At first I was thinking "Gosh, SmokeStacks is either lying or overreacting," but no. I understand now after watching Handgimp's preview of what's to come.

What would just be another awful game is elevated to soul-crushing heights by the cat's idle animations and the grating but cheery music. With the most pitiful look on his face, he pleads for freedom while awaiting death in the most disgusting and depraved ways possible and you are the clumsy executioner!

... So, when's part 2 going up?

soempty.jpg
  • cooljammer00cooljammer00 Hey Small Christmas-Man!Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Just beat the first few levels of this game in the demo version. With the "solution" turned on, the game goes from impossible to somewhat more manageable.

edit: Also, the music sounded a lot like that NiN song.

cooljammer00 on
    steam_sig.png

3DS Friend Code: 2165-6448-8348 www.Twitch.TV/cooljammer00
    Battle.Net: JohnDarc#1203 Origin/UPlay: CoolJammer00
  • HandgimpHandgimp R+L=J Family PhotoRegistered User regular
    Just beat the first few levels of this game in the demo version. With the "solution" turned on, the game goes from impossible to somewhat more manageable.

The frustration in this game doesn't come from obtuse solutions, but the fact that the physics are inconsistent. Doing well ends up being mostly random instead of based on user skill/action.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Handgimp wrote: »

The frustration in this game doesn't come from obtuse solutions, but the fact that the physics are inconsistent. Doing well ends up being mostly random instead of based on user skill/action.

That's what I've gathered so far. The one that I had the most trouble with was the one with the microwave, because the ball kept ending up in different places. Eventually, I just went against the tools the game gave me and jury rigged a ramp.

steam_sig.png

• lowlylowlycooklowlylowlycook Registered User regular
    I vote that this would be perfect for a Child's Play run.

We could donate copies of Borderlands2 just to taunt anoffday.

steam_sig.png
    (Please do not gift. My game bank is already full.)
  • RandomHajileRandomHajile Not actually a Snatcher The New KremlinRegistered User regular
  • BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Man, unruly people, the lot of us. Did anyone check anoffdays house and take away all firearms/rope?

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    Man, unruly people, the lot ofh us. Did anyone check anoffdays house and take away all firearms/rope?

Fun story: once upon a time guy didn't show up to work, so we sent guy to check on him. He got there just in time to hear the shotgun.

:(

PwH4Ipj.jpg
    Fun story

8->
    o_O
    D:

Now I need part 2 to cheer me up!

camo_sig2.png
  • KainyKainy Pimpin' and righteous Registered User regular
    I started laughing at the initial heavy sigh :lol:

It IS true that schadenfreude is the bestest freude!

IcyLiquid wrote: »
    There's anti-fuckery code in there now :) Sorry :)
  • Triple BTriple B Bastard of the North MARegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    So, with help (read: ill-spirited encouragement) from a few of my Armadeaddon brethren, I just subjected (spite-gifted) an innocent albeit tragically oblivious man to Bad Rats.

It was a long process that ended in him downloading and playing it, then being apparently warned by @anoffday himself that he was about to enter the seventh depth of hell. As he came to the realization of what had been done to him, I came to the realization that I was a terrible, terrible man.

Sorry, @Waldo, but you don't just ask "What's Bad Rats" with no repercussions. <3

Triple B on
    Steam/XBL/PSN: FiveAgainst1
    What's Bad Rats?

:-D

steam_sig.png

• FremFrem Registered User regular
    Fine. But how we part 2?

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Triple B wrote: »
    So, with help (read: ill-spirited encouragement) from a few of my Armadeaddon brethren, I just subjected (spite-gifted) an innocent albeit tragically oblivious man to Bad Rats.

It was a long process that ended in him downloading and playing it, then being apparently warned by @anoffday himself that he was about to enter the seventh depth of hell. As he came to the realization of what had been done to him, I came to the realization that I was a terrible, terrible man.

Sorry, @Waldo, but you don't just ask "What's Bad Rats" with no repercussions. <3

You're a monster. Thank God I was online. I'm making it my life's goal to protect the innocent from this horrible game. Whenever a poor lost soul is about to play this game, I will be there. Good will prevail.

I apologize for not posting part 2 tonight, but after working late and waiting at the car dealership immediately after work for an hour to get my damn plates, I just didn't have it in me. Either that or I don't hate myself enough today.

anoffday on
    Steam: offday
    Okay so Waldo got fairly buttfurious over what happened. Sorry, mang. I will never do it again. I guess shame on me for being the guy to introduce you to the concept of spite-gifting.

• SmokeStacksSmokeStacks Registered User regular
    Man, that is horrible.

If someone asks you "What is SARS?" that doesn't mean you go ahead and give them SARS.

Man, that is horrible.

If someone asks you "What is SARS?" that doesn't mean you go ahead and give them SARS.

Well, no of course not, because it wouldn't be funny. Spite-gifting someone a terrible game to watch them go "D:" is funny.

• ElvenshaeElvenshae Registered User regular
    Has no one else ever played The Incredible Machine?

Also, "enjoying" the LP so far. By which I mean, revelling in your suffering and pain, like it was a fine wine.

• nefyavenefyave Registered User regular
    The small difference with TIM is that the incredible machine is actually good :p

bannerpa.jpg
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    nefyave wrote: »
    The small difference with TIM is that the incredible machine is actually good :p

Yeah, the similarity to TIM is the only good thing about Bad Rats. It's everything else that's terrible.

• Mr RayMr Ray Sarcasm sphereRegistered User regular
    Man, that is horrible.

What is buttsex?

From what I've seen so far this actually looks like a solid concept for a game (being basically TIM + violence), just executed in the worst possible way at every opportunity. The main thing that grates apart from the music is that fucking "cat" pitifully mewling away in the corner of the screen, looking like some sort of retarded... thing. I don't know what. It doesn't resemble any earthly creature I'm familiar with, least of all a cat. Honestly anoffday, you're doing it a favor by putting it out of its misery.

• BroncbusterBroncbuster Registered User regular
    Elvenshae wrote: »
    Has no one else ever played The Incredible Machine?

Also, "enjoying" the LP so far. By which I mean, revelling in your suffering and pain, like it was a fine wine.

Man, Yes! That is a great great game. I'm always curious about the ones I see on steam, crazy machines.

Too bad bad rats sucks at physics and gameplay, but excels in racism. I guess that's....something.

steam_sig.png
    Origin: Broncbuster
    edited October 2012
    oops, wrong thread

Sumanai on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Sir CarcassSir Carcass I have been shown the end of my world Round Rock, TXRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    edit: yep, forums acting weird

Sir Carcass on
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Nice try, people who are ashamed of having posted in a thread about Bad Rats and who have tried to cover it up by pretending they meant to post somewhere else.

I actually preserved Sumanai's original post and preserved it for posterity.
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Why are you guys acting like this game is bad, it's actually pretty fun.

PwH4Ipj.jpg
  • DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    I'm disappointed. This game simply looks like a bad game. From the way you guys were speaking, I expected it to be, like, the FATAL of videogames, unrelentingly terrible, instead of merely incompetent at everything it tries to do.

Steam ID: Right here.
  • TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    Handily enough I got Sir Carcass' too:
    This isn't a game of the year or anything but honestly I've had a lot of fun with Bad Rats and it doesn't deserve most of the hate it gets.

• FellhandFellhand Registered User regular
    This is fitting punishment. The american court system needs to take note of this.

Handily enough I got Sir Carcass' too:
    This isn't a game of the year or anything but honestly I've had a lot of fun with Bad Rats and it doesn't deserve most of the hate it gets.

THIS INTERVIEW IS OVER *removes mic*

I actually preserved Sumanai's original post and preserved it for posterity.
    Sumanai wrote: »
    Why are you guys acting like this game is bad, it's actually pretty fun.

I deny everything! These pixels have been doctored!

camo_sig2.png
    I'm not ashamed to admit that I can see a certain...macabre appeal to this game. It's just a racist and inconsistent Incredible Machine.

steam_sig.png

Mr Ray wrote: »
    ...The main thing that grates apart from the music is that fucking "cat" pitifully mewling away in the corner of the screen, looking like some sort of retarded... thing. I don't know what. It doesn't resemble any earthly creature I'm familiar with, least of all a cat. Honestly anoffday, you're doing it a favor by putting it out of its misery.

Select your racist stereotype, and then, select your cat.

• anoffdayanoffday To be changed whenever Anoffday gets around to it. Registered User regular
    Part 2 up.

• EuphoriacEuphoriac Registered User regular
    I appreciate what you're doing, but I agree you need to say 'um' less. And have longer videos :D

Dance monkey dance!

Playing this game too long is bad for your mental health. Also, um is my thinking word.

That was the one good thing about working at call centers, they break you of the habit of saying "Ummm" pretty quickly.

I'm hoping that will come in handy for whenever I get around to trying my hand at a Let's Play.

"Progress"

steam_sig.png