As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

MORE THAN MEETS THE EYE [Transformers]

IrukaIruka Registered User, Moderator mod
edited August 2007 in Artist's Corner
Lets do this.

The concept is easy, take your electronic gadgets and make them into transformers. Laptops, cell phones, cars, toasters, whatever. Any medium is fine, if you want to do a crazy photomanip or drawing, either is cool.

for example, heres my laptop:
xps.jpg

Alright! Go!

Iruka on

• Options
    core tacticcore tactic Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My transformers laptop would probably be half as tall and 1/8th as powerful.

core tactic on
    6700ab2ed7bb6f9876150c388a78a011.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    you should draw it, core.

also, my lap top doesnt like macs:
    comictrans.jpg

Iruka on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    It's just that my laptop probably pales in comparison to your XPS.

And I'm probably going to draw an ipod-bot with some headphone tentacles or something.

core tactic on
  • Options
    NamNam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What about a mountain dew machine?

Nam on
  • Options
    multimoogmultimoog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Couple questions:

Can they be old-school?
    Do they have to be common household objects?

Answer:

lapbar.gif

AUTOBOT LAPBAR: When LAPBAR came to Earth to help his fellow Autobots in the war against the Decepticons, he landed near a county fair in West Springfield, Massachusetts. Scanning local machinery for an Earth disguise, he made the unfortunate choice of selecting a carnival ride. Not as mobile as the rest of the Autobots, LAPBAR nevertheless carries on the fight against the forces of evil when he isn't having himself hosed down. Capable of disorienting his enemies by whirling his little red carts around wicked fast, LAPBAR gives new meaning to 'taking someone for a spin'!

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    They can be old school, They do not have to be household object. Make a tranformer out of what ever you want, steam boat, soda machines, construction equipment, satellites, Asian kids, whatever you want.

Iruka on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If the power of the Allspark were focused through my WACOM tablet, it might look a little something... like this:

tabletron.gif

The stylus becomes a very tiny photon cannon.

Awww yeah...

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    You people... you have no idea what portal you've opened here.

linttrap.gif

DECEPTICON LINTTRAP: Megatron and Soundwave were tired of feeling like the lamest, cheap-ass-est Transformers around. I mean, a handgun and a walkman? Yeah, okay. So when Megatron summoned more Decepticons to Earth, he wanted to make sure some of them were gimpier than he was. Thus: LINTTRAP. Dryers don't get sent out on many recon missions. But that doesn't mean he's a washout - he can blast flames from his drum in excess of 1000 Fahrenheit, and he's permanently set to heavy-load tumble. Laundry jokes, how do those sit with you?

multimoog on
  • Options
    MindsackMindsack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i havent posted enough, but i swear tomorrow morning when i can find some batteries im taking a pic of my drawing and posting it right here.

edit: sorry for the shitty pic
    transformer.jpg

Comlink, he's my LG cellphone, with his battery cover as a shield and uh, a plasma rifle or something on his left arm.

Mindsack on
    (''''\('-_-')/'''') rawr http://gabrielmolina.tumblr.com
  • Options
    CamCam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    multimoog wrote: »
    You people... you have no idea what portal you've opened here.

DECEPTICON LINTTRAP
    It's been done. Remember Max Radical's Washor guy? :P This is cool though.

Cam on
  • Options
    CamCam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    multimoog wrote: »
    AUTOBOT LAPBAR: When LAPBAR came to Earth to help his fellow Autobots in the war against the Decepticons, he landed near a county fair in West Springfield, Massachusetts. Scanning local machinery for an Earth disguise, he made the unfortunate choice of selecting a carnival ride. Not as mobile as the rest of the Autobots, LAPBAR nevertheless carries on the fight against the forces of evil when he isn't having himself hosed down. Capable of disorienting his enemies by whirling his little red carts around wicked fast, LAPBAR gives new meaning to 'taking someone for a spin'!
    :lol: I live near there. You could say he landed near Canobie Lake Park or something.

Cam on
  • Options
    CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Six flagssss DUHHHH...

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I was thinking The Big E...

Max Radical's whatnow? No, I guess you could say I didn't know. But then, this whole exercise was probably done in Mad magazine (possibly Cracked) circa 1987.

multimoog on
  • Options
    Golden YakGolden Yak Burnished Bovine The sunny beaches of CanadaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I remember Washor. I had to fight him a couple PA Art Battles ago.

I'm fairly certain he went Super Saiyan at one point.

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    OH. I wasn't around for that. I started coming here around the time the battles started moving to another site.

So I guess the idea of a laundry-machine Transformer s a pretty universal one, then.

multimoog on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Actually, I'm going to do a watch transformer who uses the wristband as wings.

core tactic on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Okay, I made one, but I'm touching it up in Photoshop now because I don't have a tablet and had to do it in pencil.

core tactic on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Forget it. I just can't get it to look decent. But if I provided someone with the original, could I get some help touch it up?

core tactic on
  • Options
    CrowlestonCrowleston Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Forget it. I just can't get it to look decent. But if I provided someone with the original, could I get some help touch it up?

Just post your pencils. No one is going to stomp on your robot.

Crowleston on
    useless but necessary objects of society.
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    The real drawing honestly looks a lot better, it's just my scanner picked up and amplified every erased mark and smudge.
    6h5bh4p.gif

This guy's like that cassette transformer. I guess he fits into an evil lamp or something?

core tactic on
  • Options
    Highlander_77Highlander_77 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I apologize for the somewhat messy inks on this...I'm pretty much a novice when it comes to inking (much more comfortable working in pencil...but I'm trying to work on my inks more). I did this very quickly...it was the best idea I could come up with on short notice, and I kind of got lazy when it came time to do the legs...I ended up basically just drawing a couple sticks. Lame, I know...but I kind of like it.

I give you...COMMODIUS...

Commodius.jpg

He doesn't take any crap from anyone! (ugh.....I apologize for that :oops: )

Highlander_77 on
    El_Pollo_Diablo.jpg"Madre de Dios! Es el Pollo Diablo!"
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Is that a Plumbot... or a Change-o-tron?!

Golden Yak on
    H9f4bVe.png
  • Options
    RandomActionRandomAction Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    autobotitudepk2.png

:Raidon: -Autobot- the perfect answer to the inscecticons "kills on contact"

RandomAction on
    [SIGPIC]http://random2action.com[/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    This is a colored version of the on previously posted

raidonor9.gif

RandomAction on
  • Options
    UncleSamUncleSam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    vaccumtubetransformercofw3.jpg

Sylvantrode

An early Decepticon attempt at electronic transformers in the late 1940's. Still had some kinks to work out, since it could only transform once due to the vacuum tube glass breaking. Good for one shot missions, mainly scouting and sabotage, since if installed in a radio, he tube would break when it transformed. Very, very few examples still exist, since any vacuum tube still floating around would immediately attract suspicion, and most have already transformed. Armed with an electrical shock, like a mild taser. Walks on the plugs on the bottom, which telescope out.

UncleSam on
    SteamID : sammer105
  • Options
    Benjamin.Benjamin. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    transformerswe7.jpg

It's, um, Gamecube Controller Bot and... DS... tron. Lite.

Benjamin. on
    15661_s.gif
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    I love the game cube controller, nice benjamin.

Iruka on
  • Options
    H4D3NH4D3N Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I am 100% going to make probably a few of these as some of my debut art on here.

They'll be up soon.

H4D3N on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    will scan in my deceptacon tomorrow :)

r-jasper on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    nerdtron.jpg

There you go, Iruka. There's my transformer. Now gimme my spider bunnies!

TheBog on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    fine, a deals a deal. Your nerdtron is creepyish.

Iruka on
  • Options
    H4D3NH4D3N Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ZOOMSHOT

A personal spy for Megatron himself, ZOOMSHOT is used to tap into the global media to search for any signs of autobot activity. ZOOMSHOT is equipped with a long-range shoulder-mounted mic and 400x optical cybertronian enhanced zoom lens. To his defense, ZOOMSHOT utilizes his LCD screen as a shield as well as a communications device. The handle of his alternate mode doubles as a sidearm and his minidv tapes double as EMP (electro magnetic pulse) charge to short out power upto a 50 foot radius.

Original:
    6aezqr8.jpg

Robot Mode:
    62r7ms6.jpg

I'll probably colour and polish this, when I get the time

H4D3N on
  • Options
    r-jasperr-jasper Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ok here is 'Motorotron' my mobile phone :)

machine mode:
    Motorola_V3x_Brand_New.jpg

robot mode:
    scan0001-1.jpg

r-jasper on
  • Options
    Creambun 007Creambun 007 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    UncleSam wrote: »
    vaccumtubetransformercofw3.jpg

Sylvantrode

An early Decepticon attempt at electronic transformers in the late 1940's. Still had some kinks to work out, since it could only transform once due to the vacuum tube glass breaking. Good for one shot missions, mainly scouting and sabotage, since if installed in a radio, he tube would break when it transformed. Very, very few examples still exist, since any vacuum tube still floating around would immediately attract suspicion, and most have already transformed. Armed with an electrical shock, like a mild taser. Walks on the plugs on the bottom, which telescope out.

I really like this.

Creambun 007 on
    Diggity.
  • Options
    UncleSamUncleSam Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thanks! Kind of wish I'd made it more articulated though, and less like a broken vacuum tube.

UncleSam on
    SteamID : sammer105
  • Options
    FlayFlay Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Crummy doodlings...

transformer1pl6.jpg
    If you're having a hard time working out what it is... It was supposed to be a transformer version of a sea-mine

Flay on
  • Options
    Shiekahn_boyShiekahn_boy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Hmm, Maby a toaster bot. Yeah, I would like to make a Transformer bot that Transforms into a toaster. Hah! Maby call him "Toasty" or "Broiler".....Shoots lazer toast out of his chest.... Has a sharpened crumb catcher as a weapon. I'll get on that.

Shiekahn_boy on
    "your a moron you know that wolves have packs wich they rely on nd they could ever here of lone wolves? you an idiot and your gay, wolves have packs and are smart with tactics" - Youtube Wolf Enthusiast.
    What the fuck are you people even arguing about? Shut up.
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Mountain Dew beat you to it.... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGYpNbM0zxk like a month or two ago

RandomAction on
  • Options
    edited August 2007
    Though i like this one better http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx8sUAzmmlE&NR=1

RandomAction on
  • Options
    srsizzysrsizzy Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Yeah, but in the movie/commercials the robots just look like robots, and there's not much relation to the original object like in the cartoons and these drawings. You couldn't make toys out of them.

Cool stuff in this thread, keep it up.

srsizzy on
    BRO LET ME GET REAL WITH YOU AND SAY THAT MY FINGERS ARE PREPPED AND HOT LIKE THE SURFACE OF THE SUN TO BRING RADICAL BEATS SO SMOOTH THE SHIT WILL BE MEDICINAL-GRADE TRIPNASTY MAKING ALL BRAINWAVES ROLL ON THE SURFACE OF A BALLS-FEISTY NEURAL RAINBOW CRACKA-LACKIN' YOUR PERCEPTION OF THE HERE-NOW SPACE-TIME SITUATION THAT ALL OF LIFE BE JAMMED UP IN THROUGH THE UNIVERSAL FLOW BEATS