As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Marvel RPG] A Tale of Two Worlds

• SneaksSneaks Registered User regular
    "Well, I guess we're on a ticking clock." Carmen grimaced at her failure to soothe the once-and-future Hulk. "Paul (@Suicide Slyde), see what you can do before it all gets worse"

• Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    Paul taps his fingers on the table, "Well we have three enemies outside and we're trapped in a small space with a soon to be raging lunatic. We probably should have put a plan together before we started just doing whatever. Seeing as how it's me and the three bad guys left to go we won't be able to do anything until next turn. Lets hope Banner can keep it together until then."
    I have to take off for work, hopefully I can finish my post from there.

• Suicide SlydeSuicide Slyde Haunts your dreams of mountains sunk below the seaRegistered User regular
    Yea sorry about that, my phone died and then I found myself getting tangled up in watching football and falling asleep.

David nudges Nellie out of the way, "Banner, we're not leaving you here. I don't care how much you say you want to stay, we need you to leave with us. Otherwise... well I don't know what the hell those things are going to do to you." David grabs Banner by the arm and attempts to haul him to his feet. "So we're leaving... Now."
    Agitate Banner
    Solo D10: 8
    Psych 2d6: 4, 5
    Banner Losing Control 1d8: 2
    13 w/ d8 effect die

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    @Suicide Slyde
    Would you mind clarifying your action? Are you attempting to inflict emotional stress on Banner?

@jdarksun
    Egh sorry, yea I'm trying to stress him out and force some sort of emotional response. I think David recognizes that Banner is trying to hold something back, and he's motivated by curiosity but wanting to get the hell out as well.

edited October 2012
    Banner reacts

Solo d10, Don't Make Me Angry d8

Dr. Banner reacts to Dr. Row's forceful statement: 1d10 8 1d8 7

7 w/ d10 effect. 13 > 7, Dr. Row's attack is successful. I'm not sure the exact order in which we determine an Extraordinary Success (and step up the effect die) vs. comparing the effect dice from the action and reaction. @Suicide Slyde, you can decide if you want to inflict d10 or d8 Emotional Stress.

Banner comes to his feet as Dr. Row pulls him up. "I... warned you." Banner's eyes begin to emit an emerald glow. "You... aren't going to like me..." His shirt ripples and bulges, and the man staggers forward as his shoes pop off his feet. "...when I'm angry." Muscles explode across Banner's body as his skin color shifts to a virulent green. The now-massive creature lets out a roar that shakes the entire prison.
    New Scene Distinction: No One Likes Hulk When He’s Angry

@Suicide Slyde to decide who's next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Symbiote Razor-Fist

Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors
    No One Likes Hulk When He’s Angry

Assets
    Telesto's Intangibility Field d12
    Teletso's ??? d6

Carnage
    Solo d10, Buddy d8, Team d6
    Insane, Murderous, Sneaky

Symbiote
    Enhanced Durability d8, Shapeshift d8, Stretching d8
    Superhuman Reflexes d10, Superhuman Stamina d10, Superhuman Strength d10
    Telepathy d8, Tentacles d8, Wallcrawling d6
    Web-slinging d6

SFX: Feed. On any successful action that includes Tentacles, step up physical stress by +1.
    SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.
    Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire- or sonic-based actions, Carnage takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Combat Expert d8, Covert Expert d8, Menace Master d10

Physical Stress: d6
    Blinded by Poison: d4
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Solo d6, Buddy d4, Team d8
    Crime Pays, Hitman, Sadist

Symbiote Spawn
    Enhanced Durability d6, Superhuman Reflexes d8, Enhanced Stamina d6
    Superhuman Strength d8, Tentacles d6, Wallcrawling d6
    Web-slinging d6

SFX: Feed. On any successful action that includes Tentacles, step up physical stress by +1.
    SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote Spawn powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.
    Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire- or sonic-based actions, the spawn's host takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Combat Expert d8, Crime Master d10, Menace Master d10

Blinded by Poison: d8
    Symbiote Razor-Fist
    Solo d8, Buddy d4, Team d6
    Hedonist, Look No Hands, Killer-For-Hire

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote Spawn powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.
    Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire- or sonic-based actions, the spawn's host takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Acrobatic Expert d8, Combat Master D10
    Covert Expert d8, Menace Expert d8
    Hulk
    Man or Monster?, Engine of Destruction, Green Goliath

Gamma-Charged Genetics
    Enhanced Reflexes d8, Godlike Durability d12
    Godlike Stamina d12, Godlike Strength d12
    Leaping d10, Mystic Sense d6

SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
    SFX: Rage-Fueled Might. Add a die equal to your emotional stress to the doom pool to include your emotional stress in your next action. If your opponent includes your emotional stress in a reaction dice pool, step it up.
    SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back physical trauma.
    SFX: Hulk Smash! Against a single opponent, double a Gamma-Charged Genetics die. Remove the highest-rolling die and add another die to your total.
    SFX: Strongest There Is! In a reaction against an opponent with a Strength power trait, spend 1 PP or step up your emotional stress to add a die equal to the opponent’s Strengthto your dice pool.
    Limit: Limitless Anger. When the doom pool includes at least 2d12 or you take emotional trauma, move all stress and trauma to the doom pool and activate Rampaging Hulk.
    Limit: Puny Banner. When you recover all of your emotional stress and trauma, shutdown Gamma-Charged Genetics and revert to Banner to gain 1 PP. Take emotional stress to recover Gamma-Charged Genetics

Combat Expert d8, Menace Master d10

Emotional Stress d8 (or d10)

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd8.pngd8.pngd8.pngd8.png

jdarksun on
  • GrimmyTOAGrimmyTOA Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    "Well," says James. "That was... uh. I suppose it was a foregone conclusion in a lot of ways. I just hope that we can get him pointed at Carnage et al instead of just wiping the floor with us."

GrimmyTOA on
    Paul looks up, "Well I mean I guess that went according to plan. I don't want to push him to the edge so lets just keep it at d8, and how about Carnage gets in on the action."

With a roar, Carnage wraps a tentacle around Ranger Saar's foot and drags him into the darkness.
    Spend d6 from Doom Pool to separate Ranger Saar from the group.

Once alone in the darkness, more blood-red tentacles lash out at Saar.
    Carnage attacks Ranger Saar.

Solo d10, Murderous d4 (Step Up Doom Pool d8->d10), SFX: Multipower (Superhuman Strength d8, Tentacles d6), Combat Expert d8

Carnage attacks Ranger Saar: 1d10 5 1d4 2 1d8 7 1d6 5 1d8 3

12 w/ d10 effect.

@GrimmyTOA to respond.

The Jigsaw/Symbiote follows his master's lead, wrapping a tentacle around Obscura's foot and dragging her off in the other direction.
    Spend d8 from Doom Pool to separate Obscura from the group.

Sadistic laughter echoes behind him.
    Symbiote Jigsaw attacks Obscura

Solo d6, Sadist d4 (Step Up Doom Pool d8->d10), Tentacles d6, Combat Expert d8

Symbiote Jigsaw attacks Obscura: 1d6 2 1d4 1 1d6 2 1d8 4

6 w/ d6 effect. Obscura may activate an opportunity.

@tzeentchling to respond.

Unable to find a distinctly corporeal portion of Telesto to grab, the Symbiote Razor-Fist opts to just punch at the flowing clothing as hard as he can.
    Symbiote Razor-Fist attacks Telesto

Solo d8, Look No Hands d4 (Step Up Doom Pool d8 -> d10), Superhuman Strength d8, Combat Master 2d8

Symbiote Razor-Fist attacks Telesto: 1d8 5 1d4 1 1d8 6 1d8 4 1d8 6

12 w/ d8 effect. Telesto may activate an opportunity.

@Grog to respond.

"Why won't you leave Hulk ALONE?!" Hulk shouts as barrels through Telesto's intangibility field and brings a massive green fist down on the Symbiote Razor-Fist.
    Hulk attacks Symbiote Razor-Fist

Team d6, Engine of Destruction d8, SFX: Hulk Smash! (Godlike Strength 2d12), Combat Expert d8

Hulk attacks Symbiote Razor-Fist: 1d6 4 1d8 1 1d12 9 1d12 12 1d8 7
    (remove the 12)

16 w/ d6 effect. Symbiote Razor-Fist may activate an opportunity.
    Symbiote Razor-Fist attempts to get the Hell out of the way

Solo d8. Killer-For-Hire d8, Superhuman Reflexes d8, Combat Master d10, 1d8 Hulk emotional stress

Symbiote Razor-Fist attempts to dodge Hulk's attack: 1d8 6 1d8 5 1d8 6 1d10 4 1d8 3

12 w/ d10 effect. 16 > 12, attack hits. d10 > d6, step down effect die to d4.

Symbiote Razor-Fist gains Physical Stress: d4

With a hiss, the Razor-Fist Symbiote slid to one side, the Hulk's massive fist shattering the poured-concrete of the floor.

@GrimmyTOA to kick off the new round.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Symbiote Razor-Fist

Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

SFX: Multipower. Use two or more Symbiote powers in your dice pool, at -1 step for each additional power.
    Limit: Fire and Sonic Vulnerability. When making a reaction against fire- or sonic-based actions, Carnage takes emotional stress equal to the effect die of the attack, regardless of whether he also takes physical stress. If he's stressed out by emotional stress, he flees immediately.

Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Physical Stress: d4
    Hulk

Gamma-Charged Genetics

SFX: Area Attack. Against multiple targets, for each additional target add a d6 and keep an additional effect die.
    SFX: Rage-Fueled Might. Add a die equal to your emotional stress to the doom pool to include your emotional stress in your next action. If your opponent includes your emotional stress in a reaction dice pool, step it up.
    SFX: Healing Factor. Spend 1 PP to recover your physical stress and step back physical trauma.
    SFX: Hulk Smash! Against a single opponent, double a Gamma-Charged Genetics die. Remove the highest-rolling die and add another die to your total.
    SFX: Strongest There Is! In a reaction against an opponent with a Strength power trait, spend 1 PP or step up your emotional stress to add a die equal to the opponent’s Strengthto your dice pool.
    Limit: Limitless Anger. When the doom pool includes at least 2d12 or you take emotional trauma, move all stress and trauma to the doom pool and activate Rampaging Hulk.
    Limit: Puny Banner. When you recover all of your emotional stress and trauma, shutdown Gamma-Charged Genetics and revert to Banner to gain 1 PP. Take emotional stress to recover Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:
    d10.pngd10.pngd10.png

edited October 2012
    Saar bellows in surprise as the tentacle snatches him out into the darkness. The whip-sharp appendages lash down upon him, but they're unable to make contact with the Ranger. Gritting his teeth, Saar thrashes out, his fists blurring with inhuman speed as they smash into Carnage's chest.

Saar's Response:
    1d8 (solo), 1d10 (Master combat), 1d8 (unleashed reflexes), 1d8 (Alien cop)
    Reacting to attack: 1d8 4 1d8 7 1d8 7 1d10 4

Giving a Result of 14. I step the result die back by 1, correct? So I take d8 physical stress. Duh.

Saar's Attack:
    1d8 (solo), 1d8 (Always gets his man), 1d12 (Unleashed Strength), 1d10 (Combat Master)
    Saar tries to smash Carnage through a wall: 1d8 3 1d8 6 1d10 3 1d12 3
    Yikes. Threes everywhere.
    Effect 9 with a d12.

I suppose that it'll do some damage at any rate, but I can't imagine that it'll be particularly successful. If the attack succeeds to any degree, I'll launch Carnage right at the Hulk.

Lets see what @tzeentchling does with Razor-Fist.

GrimmyTOA on
    @GrimmyTOA
    14 > 12, Carnage's attack fails. You don't take any Stress. You also may spend a Plot Point to create and effect with your ... I assume d10?... effect die.

Carnage's reaction coming up.

• GrogGrog My sword is only steel in a useful shape.Registered User regular
    Razor-symbiote throws all his weight into the punch, but strikes nothing but air. Before he can slow his momentum, however, he's dragged through the mass of cloth and planted headfirst into someone's massive green chest.
    Team d8, Fatalistic Levity d8, Intangibility d12 (unleashed), Noodly appendages (asset) d6
    Reaction: 1d8 7 1d8 8 1d12 12 1d6 4

Let's go with Total 15 and a D12 effect. I'll use Counterattack SFX to deal 1d12 physical stress to razorfist.

Since Hulk dealt another d4 I believe that's him out for the count?

I knew that. Fixed.

• tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    As Jigsaw pulls Obscura closer, her reflexes take over. A quick leap gets her out of the thing's tentacles, and almost unconsciously she forms a blade of pure darkforce. The symbiote's subsequent attacks are blocked each time by the surprisingly sharp weapon, her body moving to just the right place for a counterattack each time. Obscura is slightly surprised, in fact, that she's able to move so quickly and parry so effectively.
    Block Jigsaw's Attack:
    Solo D6 + In Search of an Identity D4 (+1PP) + Darkforce Control D8 + Acrobatics Expert D8
    1d6+1d4+1d8+1d8: [1d6=4] [1d4=2] [1d8=8] [1d8=8]
    Let's take a 12 with a d8 effect. Consider the attack blocked!
    Skip the opportunity for now.

The Symbiote Razor-Fist stares up into the Hulk's snarling face. He takes a small, hesitant step backwards, the Symbiote slinking across the floor, before the Hulk grabs the assassin and smashes him with a massive headbutt. The Symbiote shrieks and falls limp while Razor-Fist cradles his cracked head against his stumps.
    Symbiote Razor-Fist is stressed out and picks up d6 physical trauma.

@tzeentchling is up.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw
    Symbiote Razor-Fist (Stressed Out!)

Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Physical Stress: d12 (Stressed Out!)
    Physical Trauma: d6
    Hulk

Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:
    d10.pngd10.pngd10.png

edited October 2012
    "You monster! How dare you attack us! You deserve to rot in these cells!" Obscura shouts, punctuating each phrase with a burst of darkforce projectiles. Blinded as the symbiote Jigsaw is, he has a hard time blocking or dodging them all.
    Flurry of Darkforce Blows
    Solo D6 + Created by Magic d4 (+1PP) + Darkforce Bolts D6 + Mystic Expert D8 + Blinded By Poison D8: 1d6+1d4+1d6+1d8+1d8 [1d6=5] [1d4=2] [1d6=6] [1d8=2] [1d8=5]
    I'll use a PP to add both D6 and the 5 from the D8 to give a total of 16, with a D8 effect, inflicting Physical Stress if possible.

1PP remaining.

Next up: Hulk!

tzeentchling on
    Symbiote Jigsaw reacts
    Solo d6, Oppressive Darkness d4 (Step Up Doom Pool), Superhuman Reflexes d8, Combat Expert d8

Jigsaw attempts to dodge Obscura's darkforce projectiles: 1d6 1 1d4 4 1d8 5 1d8 6

Obscura can activate an opportunity.

11 w/ d4 effect. Attack hits with +1 step effect die.

Symbiote Jigsaw gains Physical Stress d10.

Unable to react in time to Obscura's projectiles, the Symbiote Jigsaw takes the full brunt of the blast, and is knocked from his feet.

Hulk, satisfied with pounding Razor-Fist into the cement, ducks back into his cell. The massive green creature glares out at you. "LEAVE. HULK. ALONE."

@Sneaks @tzeentchling
    This creature is mentally unstable. Palpable waves of anger and frustration roll off Hulk, and you get the feeling that Banner - if he is still in there - is barely holding Hulk in check. If things get any more stressful, you foresee a psychotic episode taking place in a being with the strength of a god.

@Sneaks to go next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Hulk

Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:
    d10.pngd10.pngd12.png

edited October 2012
    Nellie's jaw dangled helplessly. She scrambled silently on all fours back into the shadows and reflexively masked her own presence. She had to get him away... She reached into the beast's mind. 'The red tentacles are here for you,' she thought for him.
    Redirect the Hulk
    • Team (Obscura): D6 [3]
    • Distinction (Nervous Nellie): D4 [3] (+1PP)
    • Distinction (No One Likes Hulk When He's Angry): D4 [2] (-1PP) (+1PP)
    • Distinction (Oppressive Darkness): D8 [3] (-1PP)
    • Power (Invisibility): D8 [8]
    • SFX (Multipower; Mind Control): D6 [4]

TOTAL: [12]
    EFFECT: D8

Sneaks on
    I'm not sure how to adjudicate that, so I'm going to treat it as trying to create an Asset or Complication.

Will Nellie's attempt to redirect the Hulk work ... ?: 1d10 6 1d10 8 1d12 11

19 w/ d10 effect, action fails.

Reaching out to the Hulk's mind in an attempt to direct the beast, Nellie allowed herself a moment of hope as her probe found purchase. With a snarl, the Hulk looks directly at her, and the link is shattered - her fear rippling out in psychic waves, unsettling everyone nearby.
    Spend a d10 from the Doom Pool to create new Scene Distinction: Psychic Aura of Fear, d10

Doom Pool:
    d10.pngd12.png

@Sneaks to determine who goes next.

edited October 2012
    "You know," Carmen said, wrinkling her nose. "For a game that offers 'mind control' as an ability, the system doesn't really seem to have planned for it. Anyway, that backfired spectacularly. Let's give Carnage the turn. With everyone suddenly spooked, that just feels like the right pacing." Carmen got up and moved for the fridge toward the back of the bungalow's kitchenette. "Anyone else want something that isn't soda? Oh, and keep going Kitty; I can hear you fine from back here."

Sneaks on
    @GrimmyTOA
    ...you know, I think I forgot to resolve your attack on Carnage. :oops:

Carnage reacts to Saar's attempt to throw him into a wall (9 w/ d12 effect).
    Solo d10, Oppressive Darkness d8, SFX: Multipower (Enhanced Durability d6, Superhuman Reflexes d8), Combat Expert d8

Carnage reacts to Ranger Saar's throw attempt: 1d10 2 1d8 7 1d6 5 1d8 7 1d8 8

15 w/ d10 effect, Ranger Saar's attack misses.

Carnage slides around Saar's punches, and slinks away into the darkness...

...back into Banner's cell. Suspending himself from the ceiling, he lowers down behind the Hulk's head. And whispers...
    Carnage attempts to goad the Hulk into a rampage.
    Solo d10, Sneaky d4 (Step Up Doom Pool), Telepathy d8, Menace Master d10, Physical Stress (d6 -> d8)

15 w/ d6 effect

Carnage's Physical Stress increases to d8.
    Doom Pool increases to d12, d12.

The Hulk's eyes widen as he realize that something is behind him...
    Hulk attempts to resist Carnage's goading (15 w/ d6)
    Solo d10, Man or Monster? d8, Menace Master d10

Hulk attempts to resist Carnage's goading: 1d10 10 1d8 1 1d10 2

10 w/ d10 effect. 15-10 = 5, but d10 > d6. No change in effect die.

Hulk's Emotional Stress increases from d8 to d10.

The roar that escapes from the green giant has no words; only incoherent rage.
    Because the Doom Pool has increased to 2d12, Hulk's Limit: Limitless Anger is reached and Rampaging Hulk is activated.

Rampaging Hulk
    When Hulk loses control, his strength and power escalate beyond the limits of any other hero, but he becomes an almost mindless catastrophic force. While manifested, the Rampaging Hulk uses the current doom pool in place of an Affiliation die for all dice
    pools, similar to a Large Scale Threat. Dice added to or spent out of the doom pool affect the Rampaging Hulk’s power. The Rampaging Hulk’s dice may be targeted like a Large Scale Threat’s Affiliation dice with successful actions against him reducing the doom pool. If the doom pool is reduced to two dice, the Rampaging Hulk reverts back to Banner and all emotional stress and trauma are recovered.

Rampaging Hulk's Affiliation is: d10, d12, d12.

Here's the section on Mobs and Large-Scale Threats from the Operations Manual (OM115):
    Mobs can be targeted by the Area Attack SFX or by multiple effect dice. Mobs can be reduced in size by targeting their Team
    Affiliation in the same way that specialty characters may be stressed out by inflicting more stress than their Specialty die rating or that effects may be targeted by heroes. A Mob with Team 3d8 would need the heroes to deal d10 or greater stress to it in order to reduce it to Team 2d8. Once a die is eliminated, the stress goes away and the heroes must deal more. This is why using Area Attackis helpful; you can stress out entire mobs with multiple effect dice.

A large-scale threat is a single character that acts like a mob.

The TLDR - Hulk is now Rampaging, and the team needs to "Stress Out" dice in the Doom Pool (removing them from play) down to two dice in order to calm him down. Each die in the Doom Pool can be targeted separately with the Area Effect SFX or by keeping multiple Effect dice (via PP expenditure).

@Grog to go next. You're closing out the round, and may pick anyone to go next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Rampaging Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

Physical Stress: d8
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Physical Stress: d10
    Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Rampaging Hulk
    Solo d10/d12/d12, Buddy d10/d12/d12, Team d10/d12/d12

Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:
    d10.pngd12.pngd12.png

A soothing voice comes seemingly from nowhere "Yes, Dr. Banner, the red tentacles are here for you. Here to spur you on, to direct you to your doom. Is that what you are? A beast to be directed? Or will you direct yourself, your force, to another end?"
    Buddy (with Nellie) 1d10, Fatalistic Levity 1d8, Invisibility 1d12 (Unleashed), Psych Expert 1d10

Calm down hulk! It's only a game jeez: 1d10 9 1d8 4 1d12 4 1d10 5

Can I add Banner's emotional stress? If not I'll keep those two d10s and spend a pp (1 left) to add the d8 for a Total of 18 with a d12 effect die to remove one of those d12s from the doom pool.

Let's hope it works otherwise another d10 goes in there!

Also, has Dr Row had his turn? @Suicide Slyde if he hasn't otherwise let's see if @GrimmyTOA can clobber some sense into Hulk.

@jdarksun
    So, who gets next?

I'm away from my books and computer for the moment, will have a full update in ~7 hours.

@Grog
    Nope, Banner/Hulk doesn't have any more Emotional Stress. All Stress and Trauma gets moved to the Doom Pool when he becomes Rampaging Hulk. I derped, should have removed it from the stat block.

Rampaging Hulk's mental defenses... (vs. 18 w/ d12 effect)
    Solo d10/d12/d12, Man or Monster? d4 (add a d6 to the Doom Pool).

Hulk responds to Telesto's calming words: 1d10 4 1d12 11 1d12 12 1d4 1

Telesto can activate an Opportunity.

23 w/ d10 effect, attack fails.

Still seething at Carnage, Hulk doesn't appear to notice Telesto's soothing words.

@Suicide Slyde is up - he's closing out the round, and can pick anyone to go next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Rampaging Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

Physical Stress: d8
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Rampaging Hulk

Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd10.pngd12.pngd12.png

David stumbles around in the chaos, cursing himself for pushing Banner over the edge. Peering into the shadows he notices the ghastly red creature dangling from the ceiling. David's eyes narrow and focus in on the beast. He runs towards the Hulk, bouncing off the cell wall, and onto the Hulk's back. David leaps towards Carnage, shifts his arms into massive Hulk-like fists as he brings them down towards the slathering beast.
    Solo d10, Confined Corridors d8, Blinded d4, Acrobat d8, Shapeshift (unleashed d12), Acrobatic leap d8 (pp spent, 1 left maybe?)
    David Smash!1d10 1 1d8 8 1d4 4 1d8 8 1d12 9 1d8 8
    The d10 gets set aside (oops). 16 w/ d12

Activate the opportunity, +1pp to the good doctor. Doom Pool gets a d6.

Carnage reacts (vs. 16 w/ d12 effect)
    Solo d10, Oppressive Darkness d4 (Step Up Doom Pool d6->d8), SFX Multipower (Superhuman Reflexes d8, Telepathy d6), Combat Expert d8

Carnage reacts to Dr. Row's smash: 1d10 1 1d4 4 1d8 3 1d6 1 1d8 5

That's two 1s - Dr. Row can activate a couple opportunities.

9 w/ d8 effect, critical success. Step up effect die 16-9=7%5=1 step. Carnage takes d12+ Physical Stress, Carnage is Stressed Out and takes d6 Physical Trauma.

Dr. Row's shifted hands connect with Carnage, and the sickening crunch of breaking bone echoes in the small cell. Carnage collapses to the floor, cradling a broken arm.

@Suicide Slyde To pick who goes next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Carnage (Stressed Out!)
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Rampaging Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Carnage

Symbiote
    Web-slinging d6

Physical Stress: d12
    Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Rampaging Hulk

Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:
    d6.pngd8.pngd10.pngd10.pngd12.pngd12.png

"HA-HA!" Bursts out Paul. "Hey, Kitty does this mean I can create my Hulk-Fists as a D12 asset? And lets have the Rampaging Hulk have his day."

edited October 2012
    "Well, you can keep 'em around for another turn, and add a d10 to your next attack roll for a PP," repies Kitty. "But you used the effect die from that roll to inflict physical stress, so you can't really keep it around as an asset."

Back in the cell, Hulk closes on the downed Carnage...
    Hulk executes Carnage.
    Solo d6/d8/d10/d10/d12/d12, Man or Monster? d8, SFX: Hulk Smash! (Godlike Strength d12, d12), Combat Expert d8, Carnage's Physical Stress d12

Hulk executes Carnage: [1d8=2] , [1d10=7] , [1d10=6] , ( [1d12=2] , [1d12=12] ) , [1d12=10] , [1d12=9] , [1d12=5] , [1d8=3] , [1d12=3]

26 w/ d12 effect.

Carnage doesn't even have time to flee.
    Carnage tries to get out of the way
    Solo d10, Oppressive Darkness d8, Superhuman Reflexes d10, Combat Expert d8

Carnage tries to get out of the way: 1d10 1 1d8 6 1d10 6 1d8 3

12 w/ d8. Attack is a critical success, effect die is stepped up twice.

Grasping the squiring murderer in two huge, meaty fists, Hulk tears Carnage in half.

@GrimmyTOA is up.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Symbiote Jigsaw

Rampaging Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Rampaging Hulk

Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:

jdarksun on
    Saar bellows in rage and charges at the last remaining Symbiote. "The dark is my home, fool!"

Dice:
    d10 Strength, d8 Oppressive Dark ('cause might as well use it. If it doesn't act like a character distinction I'll just use Alien Cop. Same value.), d8 Solo, d10 combat, d10 Jigsaw's Physical Stress

Going after Jigsaw: 1d10 8 1d10 10 1d10 8 1d8 8 1d8 8

I seem to have... done well on this here roll. Eights all over the place.

Result 18 w/d10 effect

@GrimmyTOA
    You can use character or scene distinctions in your dice pool, you're fine.

"Ar-ar-are you mad? Run, you fool, or Hulk will kill us all!" The Symbiote/Jigsaw turns and runs when he sees the charging Saar.
    Symbiote Jigsaw reacts to Saar's attack (18 w/ d10)
    Solo d6, Oppressive Darkness d8, Superhuman Reflexes d8, Combat Expert d8

Symbiote Jigsaw reacts to Saar's attack: 1d6 3 1d8 4 1d8 3 1d8 2

7 w/ d8 effect. Critical success (18-7=11/5=2), step up effect die twice. Effect is d12++. Symbiote Jigsaw is Stressed Out (Physical Stress d12) and takes d6 of Physical Trauma.

Saar barrels into the fleeing villain and delivers a knockout blow.

Kitty looks up from the dice. "Well, you guys have neutralized the villains - and Hulk seems to have permanently dealt with Carnage. Of course, he's the big problem now. You've got a Rampaging Hulk on your hands, and a pretty impressive Doom Pool." She pauses to take a sip of cola. "There's two d12 in there. You can punch out now, but Hulk will continue on his rampage. It's safe to say that the Raft would be heavily damaged, maybe even destroyed.

"Or, you can try to take him down."

@GrimmyTOA to decide who's next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Symbiote Jigsaw (Stressed Out!)

Rampaging Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Rampaging Hulk

Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:

"Yeah, I was thinking I maybe should have fed Jigsaw to the Hulk... buy our guys a second to get clear of the killzone. Ah well. Saar will heal from anything Hulk dishes out... eventually. Carmen, why don't you go next? Maybe you can do something with our overgrown friend here."

@Sneaks to try to calm Hulk down, or make a break for it, or...

edited October 2012
    "Okay, so I'm taking a…" Carmen returned to the table, gulping her beer and flipping furiously through the rulebook with her free hand. "Recovery action to reduce Hulk's emotional—"

She stopped, wrinkling her nose at the doom pool.

"Scratch that. I'm still gonna try to soothe the Hulk, but let's make it a support action for Lucy. Like I'm priming his mind for her to get in there and calm things down."
    Prime the Hulk
    • Buddy (Obscura): D8 [1]
    • Distinction (Nervous Nellie): D4 [1] (+1PP)
    • Distinction (No One Likes Hulk When He's Angry): D4 [1] (-1PP) (+1PP)
    • Distinction (Psychic Aura of Fear): D4 [4] (-1PP) (+1PP)
    • Specialty (Psych Expert): D8 [3]
    • Power (Mind Control): D10 [7]
    • SFX (Unleashed; Mind Control): [Stepped up Mind Control] (-1PP)

TOTAL: [11]
    EFFECT: D8

"Excellent," Carmen smirked, rolling her eyes at the dice. "I now have sufficient PP to ensure that I escape the island I probably just sunk... Well, I was gonna ask Paul if he had any ideas for giving Lucy even more support dice, but since I probably failed at that and made a very generous donation to the doom pool, well... Anyone have any ideas? If so, it's their turn."

Sneaks on
    Doom Pool reacts:
    Doom Pool serves as opposition: 1d6 2 1d8 1 1d10 10 1d10 9 1d12 6 1d12 1

19 w/ d12 effect.

The rising fear and panic in the Raft drowns out any attempt to infuse soothing emotions.

@Sneaks
    I'll activate those opportunities to give you +2 PP, and add a d8 and step up the d6 to a d8.

@tzeentchling, @Grog, or @Suicide Slyde to go next.
    Yet to Act
    Nellie Cochrane
    Obscura
    Dr. David Row
    Ranger Saar
    Telesto

Symbiote Jigsaw (Stressed Out!)

Rampaging Hulk

Scene Distinctions (d8)
    Oppressive Darkness
    Confined Corridors

Assets
    Teletso's ??? d6

Symbiote Jigsaw

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Symbiote Razor-Fist

Symbiote Spawn
    Web-slinging d6

Rampaging Hulk

Gamma-Charged Genetics

Doom Pool:
    d8.pngd8.pngd8.pngd10.pngd10.pngd12.pngd12.png

Paul scratches his head, "Does anybody have a plan this time? We should all be on the same page at least, before we all go do our own thing. For what it's worth we can try to reactivate the rooms countermeasures and see what they can do but running does seem the more prudent step, maybe we can lead him along and back to SHIELD. They may have something to counter him." Paul pauses for a moment then shrugs, "That's the best I can come up with right now."

"Honestly, if Hulk keeps going like this I doubt even SHIELD can handle him. The way the doom pool's going he's gonna end up tearing-" Jake pauses, a smile crossing his face.

"What if we just lead him through the Raft until he tears it in half? Sinking ship flushes out any prisoners still lurking down there and Hulk gets to wear himself out. He can do that, right?"

"Only if we can rescue people along the way - there are still innocents in here, I suspect."