As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Social Entropy's Dramatic Genitalia Construction Simulator MINECRAFT!

nukanuka What are circles?Registered User regular
edited April 2013 in Social Entropy++
jf0Xx.png

Resources:

Social Entropy Server Rules!
For the full rules list, see the wiki linked above.
  • Don't be a dick. Build a dick if you must, but don't act like one. If this confuses you then I suggest going back to kindergarten, remembering the Golden Rule (Do unto others as you would have them do unto you.), or just ask the admins if what you wanna do is okay. I promise you we won't kill you for simply asking a question. Practical jokes and the like are okay but only so long as you talk to the admins first!
  • We'll invite your friends but if your friend is a jerk you are banned as well. Life is cruel.
  • We play on hard mode. You are only offered admin assistance if we feel like it, do not ask and do not expect it. We are nice people but you are not entitled to special treatment, no matter how much money you donate. Life is more cruel.
  • PM nuka, apricotmuffins, or twixxo if you wish to be whitelisted.
  • PLEASE read the thread for important information regarding the server! This is where we keep everyone up-to-date, and where most of everyone else discuss their projects. If you ignore this thread you risk being left out of the loop.
  • LEAVE THE STRONGHOLDS ALONE! Explore them and put up torches if you would like to, but please leave everything else in place! We only get three of them. We don't care about villages as they are infinite, but if you find a village someone has been tending, treat it as if it was any other person's pet project. You may also explore and loot dungeons and ruins, but be mindful that someone isn't using that ruin as a home.
  • Please obey the border in The Nether. Due to our limited map size you may only build teleports out of the nether in a certain radius. The Nether map itself however is limitless.

Server Information:
Server IP: seplusplus.pennycraft.org
Try as you might, you can't join us unless you are whitelisted. Please PM Apricotmuffins or Twixxo.

We use Bukkit, and we're currently on RC Build:
Server Plugins Spreadsheet
Feel free to suggest us plugins to use but they must be compatable or we can't install them. They also can't require users to install something to access the server as some people use the browser and cannot install mods. Plugins must also be compatable with what we currently run.

We will never require you to install a mod to access our server. The only thing you must download is Minecraft itself, or if necessary an out-of-date version to stay with our server as it catches up. Upgrading the plugins we use take time.

As all things in life, nothing is free. We don't require you to pay to play, nor do we have those stupid "earn powers by donating!" schemes, but without donations we can't pay for the server. If you wish to donate, contact Introp. Apricotmuffins, Hofsta, TankHammer, and VALVEjunkie have stepped forward to offer their pixel art skills for donators so if you wish for a custom skin after donating, PM them. All donations go strictly to server renting fees, and you only get a skin if you ask for it. Twixxo sells T-Shirts and other things, but you are not awarded them for donating either.
Twixxo wrote: »
The first of hopefully multiple designs I've created for server shirts is done! They go for $20 + shipping, and $4.60 of profits of each shirt will be donated to the server! Colors offered are white, grey, light blue, navy blue and royal blue. More designs to come soon/eventually!
legionshirts.jpg

Buy them here! http://twixxo.spreadshirt.com/

Lore, Frostheim, & Server Events:
Evil is attacking Haven. Will you sign up to save us? Contact Hofsta, leader of the Frost Legion and Lord of Frostheim in game to join us and defeat these intruders!

Because we love you, as well as for further understanding of what on Haven is going on here, we've woven lore about our present and past maps. If you wish to participate, this is recommended reading.

Do you want a colored name?
Due to the recent update, colored names have been disabled. We are working on this.
Not every available colored text in Minecraft is available in game for reasons of visibility and annoyance.
  • #0 - Not Available
  • #1 - Dark Blue (Really dark in game, if this is an issue.)
  • #2 - Dark Green
  • #3 - Dark Cyan
  • #4 - Dark Red
  • #5 - Dark Magenta
  • #6 - Orange
  • #7 - Dark Gray (default color)
  • #8 - Not Available
  • #9 - Slate Blue
  • #a - Lime
  • #b - Cyan
  • #c - Tomato
  • #d - Fuchsia (best color)
  • #e - Yellow
  • #f - Not Available[/S]
Social Entropy's Premier Dramatic Genitalia Construction Simulator: MINECRAFT!

Community Projects!
If you have such a project, PM me so I can add them to the OP.
  • Nether Rail Map: Talk to Mayabird, MetaHybrid and Capt.Gigglesworth in game.
  • Pig Races Park and Track: Talk to Nuka

Popular Singleplayer Minecraft Mods:
I will not bother to list a top 10, because there are just so many that I wouldn't have time to do so. However, I will make things easy for you though and link you to the official Minecraft forums and stickies there you should frequent. If you wish for me to mention a mod, then send me a PM and I will include it!

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
nuka on

• nukanuka What are circles? Registered User regular
    This week on, As the Miners Tunnel...

DS: 2667 5365 3193 | 2DS: 2852-8590-3716
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    Oh yay new minecraft thread

• SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    FIRST

Sopa on
    jrrClpr.gif
  • SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    Farg's UNDERFARG by Farg is now in public beta!

1SQnC.jpg
    GuA5I.jpg
    BweiY.jpg

With over 21 shafts at diamond/emerald level, Farg's Underfarg by Farg has everything you need to get everything you need! Shafts, ravines, rent-a-chest, take a pick leave a pick, rules! We got it all down at Farg's Underfarg by Farg, located at scenic -500x, 2500z. Look for the big hole/the big sky thing!

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
  • MetalbourneMetalbourne Inside a cluster b personalityRegistered User regular
    I am both amazed and blown away by the stuff I saw on the se++ server

• JpsCrazyJpsCrazy
    pants heavily
    I got here as fast as I could. I was lost without it...
    ...anywho, now that I'm reunited with you all I have a request!

ATTENTION
    Seeing as I have not heard an idea I liked for the picture on the front page aside from spawn, which is apparently not picture worthy, I will probably be doing a slideshow. If anyone has any suggestions aside from making it Haven's spawn or the slideshow/scrollbox please speak up!

Otherwise....
    If everyone could send me a photo of their area, should you want to, I'll add it to the slideshow, but probably won't put it up until I get at least 3 pictures of different places. You can send in multiple photos of your location, but they won't be added in until a decent amount send in one.
    I ask that you
    • Order the photos in order of appearance in the slideshow
    • Include the name of the location
    • Include the x, z (and y if necessary) coordinates of your place
    • Include the name of the texture pack
    • Take the screenshot with your GUI hidden (Which I believe is F1)
    • Take it with fancy settings
    • Far render distance (unless there's ugly things in the background)
    • Smooth lighting

And if you really need a size for the photos....
    Uh. ~540, 300 I guess. That's just what fits my screen

On top of this, if you would like to send in a description of your location I can put together a Tourism Board on the wiki to learn about everyone's place. It will only be created if a reasonable amount of people send it in.
    Just send me a PM on the forum!

Registered User regular
    pants heavily
    I got here as fast as I could. I was lost without it...
    ...anywho, now that I'm reunited with you all I have a request!

ATTENTION
    Seeing as I have not heard an idea I liked for the picture on the front page aside from spawn, which is apparently not picture worthy, I will probably be doing a slideshow. If anyone has any suggestions aside from making it Haven's spawn or the slideshow/scrollbox please speak up!

Otherwise....
    If everyone could send me a photo of their area, should you want to, I'll add it to the slideshow, but probably won't put it up until I get at least 3 pictures of different places. You can send in multiple photos of your location, but they won't be added in until a decent amount send in one.
    I ask that you
    • Order the photos in order of appearance in the slideshow
    • Include the name of the location
    • Include the x, z (and y if necessary) coordinates of your place
    • Include the name of the texture pack
    • Take the screenshot with your GUI hidden (Which I believe is F1)
    • Take it with fancy settings
    • Far render distance (unless there's ugly things in the background)
    • Smooth lighting

And if you really need a size for the photos....
    Uh. ~540, 300 I guess. That's just what fits my screen

On top of this, if you would like to send in a description of your location I can put together a Tourism Board on the wiki to learn about everyone's place. It will only be created if a reasonable amount of people send it in.
    Just send me a PM on the forum!

• apricotmuffinsapricotmuffins Angry Bee Registered User regular
    Ah, that new thread smell.

now to find out who is the real father.

Sopa! no!

• CrowbawtCrowbawt Member of the Midnight Crew Registered User regular
    Thread title is accurate

• SopaSopa Yes I am a dinosaur, and yes I play videogames. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Ah, that new thread smell.

now to find out who is the real father.

Sopa! no!
    bRFOP.jpg
    x9G4a.jpg
    EwUTw.jpg

Sopa on
    jrrClpr.gif
    and then muffins crashed the server

jrrClpr.gif
  • psyck0psyck0 Registered User regular
    Way to go muffins

(just teasing!)

Play Smash Bros 3DS with me! 4399-1034-5444
    steam_sig.png
  • Bloody JackBloody Jack Registered User regular
    Augh! What happened to the server! :(

• Devlin_DragonusDevlin_Dragonus Gorgeous Dallas, TXRegistered User regular
    I laughed so hard

I got nothing for you now. Try again later.

Augh! The CX is outta signs! How am I supposed to turn all my crap into diamonds without signs? :(

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    Wait, new thread already? Didn't we just have a new thread?

BahamutZERO.gif
  • JpsCrazyJpsCrazy Registered User regular
    Wait, new thread already? Didn't we just have a new thread?

Well, we've been on the same thread since before the months of no one plays Minecraft anymore. It was getting pretty old.

• BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    I must be thinking of some other thread then, nevermind.

BahamutZERO.gif
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    The Fabled River of Zameria, the very long river from the Western Sea to the southeastern ice lands of Haven, is now navigable by boat from sea to frost (no thanks to the World Serpent). I think I saw one habitation along the whole route, and there's a lot of really nice scenery for building. It's mostly open to the sky but there are a couple boat tunnels.

• SCREECH OF THE FARGSCREECH OF THE FARG #1 PARROTHEAD margaritavilleRegistered User regular
    cool dungeon

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    edited October 2012
    Maya is just a canal-building maniac!

Next up, I bet there is a beltway canal all the way around the outer edge of the world :P

Bloody Jack on
  • eldercoreeldercore Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    HAVEN MAP v4
    2012 October 1

Bringing the map over from the old thread, so its more accessible.

Still a lot more to do and you can help!
    Screen shots of in-game maps, names and coordinates of locations, and names for regions are still needed.
    (message me if your location is spelled wrong or you would like it removed from map)

SPOILER * do not look if you still want some of the map to remain a mystery * SPOILER
    Haven_map_v4.13.jpg

Feedback welcome.

Current list of locations pending to add to next iteration of map
    The City
    Fable River of Zameria (was this aka The World Serpent?)
    The Free City of Phet (dont have coords other than 'NE desert')
    Steel Springs
    Underfarg
    Vend-o-village (that's right name, yes? not Testificate Trading Triad? that was something else??)

eldercore on
  • LubonyLubony Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    well done maya i will have to boat down it sometime, glad you adopted my name for it : P
    yeah eldercore Zameria is also known as the World Serpent. The serpets head drinks from the western sea starting at the desert of zinj and feeds the life to the south east.

Lubony on
    No rules or morals except those you choose to accept and live by.
  • XandarXandar Registered User regular
    eldercore wrote: »
    HAVEN MAP v4
    2012 October 1

The City
    Steel Springs
    Underfarg
    Vend-o-village (that's right name, yes? not Testificate Trading Triad? that was something else??)

Steel Springs or Iron Springs? Iron Springs is around 0,-2500

OsokC8u.png
    edited October 2012
    Xandar wrote: »

i saw a post about "Steel Springs" @ x0 z-2600

found it: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/comment/24464845/#Comment_24464845

eldercore on
  • MetaHybridMetaHybrid Taste defeat!Registered User regular
    HAVEN MAP v4
    2012 October 1

Bringing the map over from the old thread, so its more accessible.

Still a lot more to do and you can help!
    Screen shots of in-game maps, names and coordinates of locations, and names for regions are still needed.
    (message me if your location is spelled wrong or you would like it removed from map)

The South Snow biome is now named "The Bleak"

3DS: 3265-5577-2211 NNID: Metahybrid
    edited October 2012
    I'm pretty sure they go by Testificate Trading Triad. It's that thingie surrounded by water directly SW of Citystuck, and connected by a road to Imperium.

Sopa on
    jrrClpr.gif
    edited October 2012
    Another book was found today by Lovie, which spoke of a castle ruins in a frozen Chasm, which contained treasure of its former occupants.

The book said you would need six people, so Me, Lovie, Tolove, Devlin, Gundi, and Roger took to the Snow Biome. It was pretty far away, but my Castle was very close to it, so some of us took to the Nether to get there.

The wall was also nearby, so Gundi was the first one there, and this is what he saw.
    20121004200137.png

He didn't step on it, fearing for his safety, but Roger came second and took a chance.

20121004200146.png

We got transported to some other place. There wasn't much to see at the moment, but it wasn't long until we found the chasm the book talked about.
    20121004201600.png

20121004201605.png
    I think it was always night here.

While walking across this long chasm we ran into some skeletons and zombies. It was quick work we made of them, but PVP was on, so I took an arrow to the back of the head.

They were guarding what looked like the entrance to the ruins.

20121004201922.png

It was build protected, so we had to find some way of opening it. Everyone searched but it was none other then Gundi who found it hidden somewhere.

He flipped it, and then that's when I heard the sound behind me.

20121004202222.png

Next post coming in a bit.

MetaHybrid on
  • MayabirdMayabird Pecking at the keyboardRegistered User regular
    And then everybody was kicked off the server.

Anyway, after digging out the river, I decided to go wandering about and stumbled upon an unlooted desert temple at -740 5146. I didn't have any wood to make a sign but I put some torches down (and took the iron and gold). It was surprising because I was convinced all the accessible temples had been looted in the first 48 hours of the map. Also it wasn't far from the desert shrine of whichever of the Five Tribes it was that had its shrine way down there.

This being said, the desert to the south and west of the Fabled River of Zameria/south of the Desert of Zinj could be called the Endless Desert because that thing seemingly goes forever. It stretches out into the horizon past the borders.

edited October 2012
    punch 2 power 4 arrows send other players flying in pvp as we found out a time or 2 during this. and now that i stop and think about it i coulda shot everyone across the ravine and only had to make the jump myself.

Lubony on
  • UtsanomikoUtsanomiko Bros before Does Rollin' in the thlayRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    HAVEN MAP v4
    2012 October 1

The City
    Steel Springs
    Underfarg

I may have called it Steel Springs incorrectly late one evening in passing. It in fact Iron Springs.

I kinda liked Xandartown, personally. Had a ring to it.

Utsanomiko on
    hmm.gif
  • GundiGundi Serious Bismuth Registered User regular
    I had to scale the ravine walls to find a way into a torch lit room carved into the side. Only thing in it was a lever.

edited October 2012
    So we all entered the ruins, and that's when we found our first real challenge.
    [
    20121004202413.png

Yes we had to jump this. We tried looking for a lever, or something to get across. The only thing to help us was the ladder that lead back up if you fell. There was also lava at the bottom of this ravine. So a bad jump could cost you.

Devlin tried his luck jumping the gap, but he was a bit too short in his attempt and fell, but thanks to him, we were able get a grasp on what to aim for.

So someone else took the risk, first taking of his gear, and trying the gap.

20121004203103.png

Tolove was the first one over, followed by the rest. Except for Lovie. She fell too hard :(

We had to wait for Lovie to come back, from wherever she Spawned. but I noticed someone lurking behind us.

(Didn't get a picture, wish I did)

It was Fargg (Fragg?) The sneaky bastard followed us and was hiding behind a wall. We decided what to do with him. (We should have killed him right there) But decided he could stay.

Past the gap, this is what we were now in.

20121004203610.png

This room was quite large, with a broken skylight, large bookshelves, and chests hidden about.

20121004203616.png

Inside these chests, we found three books. (I, II, III) which mostly looked like this.

20121004233114.png

20121004203621.png

We spotted a button on this bookshelf, and decided to wait a bit before Lovie got here, but the interloper Fargg decided he wanted to push it now.
    20121004203633.png

What we found now behind a bookshelf was a passage to a room with pressure plates all about the floor.

20121004204936.png

There were three rooms of this, and you can guess what they triggered. Rows of dispensers that shot out fire arrows.

Now we tried to figure this puzzle out, trying to see which plate was safe using the books, but we weren't sure which book was for which room, and one of the rows at the bottom of each book was cut off.

So Fargg, Gundi Roger and Devlin both sprinted across like madmen, but only Fargg and Roger made it past.

They found a switch on the other side, which let everyone else reach him.

20121004211736.png

20121004211802.png

There was some big Hallways and lurking in them were about 60 zombies which were easily taken out by Fargg and Roger. Inside some rooms were chests, mostly bones and cobwebs and some Emeralds, but one containted six Diamond Enchanted Swords, and more diamonds.

Fargg was there first, so he took a Diamond sword for himself, meaning one the original six didn't get one. This is after saying he said he didn't want loot, and after we told him we already had six people at the start.

I'd put a Bounty on him if that was allowed.

One more picture of the castle, the view outside a window.

20121004211304.png

MetaHybrid on
    i made it across the rooms with farg and had to fight aroudn 60 zombies in the back hallway.

Yeah, the hallways after the trap rooms were packed with mobs.

gcum67ktu9e4.pngimg
    Whoops missed that. Adding it in

There, if anything else is wrong, that's how it goes down in the History books.

• Callerno10Callerno10 Registered User regular
    Sopa wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure they go by Testificate Trading Triad. It's that thingie surrounded by water directly SW of Citystuck, and connected by a road to Imperium.

Yes, we are a conglomerate of 5 persons thus far and are to be called the Testificate Trading Triad, The Triad, or TTT interchangeably. The area on the map should be marked as Triad Turf if you'd please.

GiiNome
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    what part specifically of the Taiga is considered 'The Bleak'?
    Utsanomiko wrote: »
    I may have called it Steel Springs incorrectly late one evening in passing. It in fact Iron Springs.
    I kinda liked Xandartown, personally. Had a ring to it.
    so is it Iron Springs, Steel Springs, or Xandartown?
    Callerno10 wrote: »
    Yes, we are a conglomerate of 5 persons thus far and are to be called the Testificate Trading Triad, The Triad, or TTT interchangeably. The area on the map should be marked as Triad Turf if you'd please.
    from what i understand - 'TTT' is 5 people and the claimed area is 'Triad Turf' - but is the location 'Vend-o-village' or some other name or do you want a specific name on the map? (if you even want to be on the map)

edited October 2012
    MetaHybrid wrote: »
    what part specifically of the Taiga is considered 'The Bleak'?

If not the entire Taiga, then the southern part of it, which would contain "The Wall" "Wither Bleak" and all those lakes South East of it.

EDITl: The North East probably should have its own name. "The Bleak" is named that because its so far from any major city, with only a few keeps, and towers.

MetaHybrid on
  • Callerno10Callerno10 Registered User regular
    The cords for the Vend-o-Village are 200,850 if you wanted to mark it specifically on the map. If we had to choose a single name to mark us on the map we'd like Triad Turf to mark us out.

-agreed upon over vent by Hambrabai, GiiNome, and Boomerangjack.

GiiNome
This discussion has been closed.