As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

PAX East 2013 Forum Badges

• Options
    PascualPascual Registered User regular
    Badge go.

• Options
    adastraadastra Registered User regular
    Hopefully they print without any PC LOAD LETTER issues. ;)

• Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    Mandatory... *groans*

Seriously though, this looks amazing!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    This is without a doubt my favorite Forum Badge you have made! Can't wait to see the front. (Insert witty line from office space here)

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Front: "Whaaaaat's Happenin'?" arced above the PAX Forum logo.

On the bottom, below where we put our name, "Ask about my O face"

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    I'm really doing some weird experiments with the front. One of which relates to the dreaded fax machine...

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Haha. Have the community logo all warped and smudged with a corner missing like the printer had a paper jam.
    The back is great, as usual, and I'm sure the front will be too :)

HI3789R.png
  • Options
    ransimransim Registered User regular
    I really feel like this needs some pointless rubber stamp on it like "received" in red.

• Options
    MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    You, sir, are absolutely awesome. As an office slave and design nerd, I can officially say I love this. :)

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • Options
    eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    ransim wrote: »
    I really feel like this needs some pointless rubber stamp on it like "received" in red.

Haha, that's a great idea

0j92muX.png
  • Options
    slamonellaslamonella Clue-by-Four Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Thirteen wrote: »
    I can't make training on the 6th, are alt dates available?
    We're going to need you to come in on the 7th as well, ok? Good.

Some people are like Slinkies. They have no practical use whatsoever,
    but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs.
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Oh I LIKE this! Does this mean we're going to have a meetup to go trash a fax machine in the middle of the expo floor?

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    shadowfaeshadowfae Registered User regular
    Cute :)

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    gigabrain wrote: »
    Oh I LIKE this! Does this mean we're going to have a meetup to go trash a fax machine in the middle of the expo floor?

With this group it should probably be a Red Ring'd 360 or something similar no?

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    nataliepinataliepi Rogue Astronomer PARegistered User regular
    The design looks great! Now I just have to watch Office Space so that I know what you are referencing. :)

PAX East 2013 Checklist: 3-Day PAX Badge [x] Hotel [x] Travel [x] Time Off [x]
    t: @nataliepi | fb: fb.com/hernandeznlh
  • Options
    BinaryTBBinaryTB Registered User regular
    Anybody else having trouble printing out that image? What the eff is PC Load Letter?!?

• Options
    rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    I'm in, I got one from the challenge coin meetup earlier this year. I honestly didn't know about this.

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
  • Options
    EchoZeroEchoZero Registered User regular
    Love it. I proudly display last years badge on the wall in my cube at work. Looking forward to adding another!

• Options
    Baka AlBaka Al Registered User regular
    Ok, I have to say I think this is the best badge back yet. Intrigued to see the front redesign now!

• Options
    Kiki_louKiki_lou Registered User regular
    Looks great! Can't wait to have my name on another one!

• Options
    InsanedethInsanedeth Registered User regular
    As always, love your designs. Looking forward to getting one of these again this year.

• Options
    CapeguyCapeguy New WestminsterRegistered User regular
    Will lunch be served at the training session?

• Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Capeguy wrote: »
    Will lunch be served at the training session?

Only for those who worked the previous weekend.

• Options
    WodrithWodrith Registered User regular
    I missed out last year! WAAAAAA. Sign me up this year. Need to be more community involved this PAX rather then only about the expo hall.

• Options
    MagnusCarterMagnusCarter Registered User regular
    But I can't make the previous weekend! :cry:
    I should probably sign up for this as I've picked up a badge for the last 3 years, but never had my name on it :lol:

• Options
    TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Just bought my three day pass and booked hotel, how do I get in on the forum badge?

• Options
    shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    hmm I still owe you a beer for the pax prime one - might have to make it 2 by the looks of it ;)

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    Count me in! Last year's came in handy a few times :)

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    SnazzyGentSnazzyGent Registered User regular
    This will be my third PAX East but somehow I'm new to the entire badge concept. Could someone put it in a nutshell and lob it my way?

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    SnazzyGent wrote: »
    This will be my third PAX East but somehow I'm new to the entire badge concept. Could someone put it in a nutshell and lob it my way?

a forum badge is basically a (totally free!) badge that designates you as someone who is active on the pax forums. it is a fun way to identify other forumers and show some forum community pride. by posting in this thread, you will get your name added to the big list of forum handles on the back of the forum badge. to get a badge, you can attend some pre-pax events (to be named later) or stop by a designated desk at pax. there you will be asked if your handle is on the badge, and if it is not, you will be asked a question to verify that you've at least SEEN the forums. those questions and answers will be posted here at a later date.

i think that's it. anything i forgot?

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • Options
    gigabraingigabrain Some guy...yknow New HampshireRegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    SnazzyGent wrote: »

a forum badge is basically a (totally free!) badge that designates you as someone who is active on the pax forums. it is a fun way to identify other forumers and show some forum community pride. by posting in this thread, you will get your name added to the big list of forum handles on the back of the forum badge. to get a badge, you can attend some pre-pax events (to be named later) or stop by a designated desk at pax. there you will be asked if your handle is on the badge, and if it is not, you will be asked a question to verify that you've at least SEEN the forums. those questions and answers will be posted here at a later date.

i think that's it. anything i forgot?

Nope I think that's everything.

fclLCwN.png

Twitter
    3DS Friend Code: 3926-5491-9247
  • Options
    Sleepy KittySleepy Kitty Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Greetings all! There is now enough time from PAX Prime 2012 to consider PAX East 2013 and what better way to do that than to take a look at the design of the PAX East 2013 forum badge. I have decided to go for the TPS report memo format that was inspired by Office Space. The people listed on the back of the badge will all have failed to place a cover sheet onto their TPS reports and thus will be asked by PAX attendees if they have 'read the memo?' as that question is asked many times in the movie of the main protagonist. Here's the initial design:
    121002-PAX-East-2013-PA-Forum_Badge_v1.jpg

THE NAMES ON THE BACK ARE PLACEHOLDERS, THEY ARE NOT THE FINAL LIST OF NAMES!!!

Let me know what you think. The crumpled paper texture was done on the basis that this memo, like all memos was placed in the trash can.

Looking great, and since badges and hotel have been booked I look forward to mandatory training in March !

• Options
    aikoeaikoe Registered User regular
    I didn't get one last year because I wasn't really active on the forums and I felt like it'd be a dick move to say I was. I plan to be... somewhat more active now, so sign me up!

PAX East 2014: 3-Day Pass [X] | Hotel Room [X] | Transportation [X] | Time Off [X] | Costume [ ]
    NEED TWO ROOMS IN THE WESTIN ON THURSDAY NIGHT! Please PM me!
  • Options
    Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    Sign me up too please!

• Options
    chaosisorderchaosisorder Cupcake Princess and Pinny Whore OregonRegistered User regular
    Looks great, as always. I second a red rubberstamp somewhere, and would love to see a tiny staple graphic in the corner ;)

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Thanks for the feedback everyone and tvethiopia for the guide on acquiring a forum badge. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing people accusing each other of not getting/reading the memo about TPS reports along with excuses as to why they failed to add a cover sheet to them. This will especially be amusing near escalators, to wit:

PAX attendee 1: *Sees forum badge on another attendee* Hey! Didn't you get the memo?

PAX attendee 2: *fakes frustration at being asked this same question for the 12th time in the last hour* YES I GOT THE FREAKING MEMO.

PAXA1: Oooh, someone's got a bad case of the Mondays!

Or something like that.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    Exodus1Exodus1 MarylandRegistered User regular
    Hah, I really like the new design as well, sounds like fun =D

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Thanks for the feedback everyone and tvethiopia for the guide on acquiring a forum badge. I'm certainly looking forward to seeing people accusing each other of not getting/reading the memo about TPS reports along with excuses as to why they failed to add a cover sheet to them. This will especially be amusing near escalators, to wit:

PAX attendee 1: *Sees forum badge on another attendee* Hey! Didn't you get the memo?

PAX attendee 2: *fakes frustration at being asked this same question for the 12th time in the last hour* YES I GOT THE FREAKING MEMO.

PAXA1: Oooh, someone's got a bad case of the Mondays!

Or something like that.

Ha, I hope this doesn't happen. As I said, I have kind of a love/hate relationship with that movie. I apologize in advance if anyone hears me screaming "I HAVE PEOPLE SKILLS GODD*MMIT!" at any point during the show.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I just saw the film for the first time last night. Ha ha what a hit.

If I see anyone with a badge, I might just ask "What would you do with a million dollars?

This space for rent
  • Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    I believe I will approach fellow forumers with "We need to talk about your flair"