As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Diablo III: Patch 1.07 preview up!

• OremLKOremLK Registered User regular
    Holy shit.

My zombie survival life simulator They Don't Sleep is out now on Steam if you want to check it out.
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    shit be magnif

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Idx86Idx86 Long days and pleasant nights.Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Congratulations on your new Ferrari.

Also:

Merchant: "Trifecta gloves with a high end roll for a primary stat? Best I can do is 2500 gold."

Idx86 on
    sig.gif

2008, 2012, 2014 D&D "Rare With No Sauce" League Fantasy Football Champion!
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    yoooooooooo
    trifecta_int_gloves_zps964e058a.png

ilvl62, what ever

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    No Vit + Resist All + Armor? Pffft. I'll give you 57 gold and this blue I found yesterday for it.

• CogCog What'd you expect? Registered User regular
    I'll let you watch me kill a drifter with a hammer.

• KorrorKorror Registered User regular
    Those gloves have clearly earned the name magnificient

Battlenet ID: NullPointer
  • bobsbarricadesbobsbarricades Registered User regular
    please post screen of how much you sell those for. D3 RNG machine is shooting gloves my way but they just dont sell and theyre almost identical to that.

• RandomEngyRandomEngy Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Guess what's back on?

The Penny-Arcade Forums Super Hardcore Challenge
    Rend got busy so I'm taking over for him. And I'm adding a 50 million gold prize for the winner.

Are you hardcore? Do you believe yourself to be the hardest, of all cores? Prove your mettle in this test of speed, skill and luck against opponents eager to show you exactly how much better they are!

The first to kill the Butcher with a new Hardcore character will take home 50 million gold.
    • Glory is for the young: You must make a new Hardcore character for the contest. Start with an empty inventory and 0 experience points. I will let everyone know a special word to put in their character's name before the contest starts.
    • Gold is for the weak: You cannot buy anything from the vendor or take anything out of the stash. You can only use what drops for you.
    • Friends are for the incompetent: You must be the only player in the game. You can disable Quick Join in the Social settings to make sure no one crashes your game. Also you must dismiss followers as soon as possible.
    • Privacy is for the unknown: You must stream your attempt, and agree to let the event caster re-stream it. We want to watch your grisly death! Twitch TV is a great place to stream to.

The winner will be the first player to kill the Butcher
    If all combatants die, the player who made it furthest in the quest chain wins
    If there is a tie on quest progress, the player who made it to their spot the fastest wins

Reward:
    The winner will receive 50 million gold on softcore on any realm.

Players will have to balance speed and survivability: they can run past packs of enemies , but will give up valuable levels in the process. If you play it safe, someone more reckless than you may take home the gold.

In addition to the individual streams, we'll have an overall stream showing play from different player's streams and giving commentary. Either me or another volunteer will do this.

It will be held on Saturday, November 3.
    12 PM Pacific Daylight (noon)
    3 PM Eastern Daylight
    8 PM BST

RandomEngy on
    Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    the lag from streaming would definitely kill me

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    Wait, just Butcher on normal? I can probably get there in less than an hour. Well, maybe not untwinked, but definitely less than two hours. It's too bad I'm on the EU servers. Rad contest nonetheless.

V0Gug2h.png
  • bobsbarricadesbobsbarricades Registered User regular
    i think Im going to practice until then. thanks for this! :D

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Idx86 wrote: »
    Congratulations on your new Ferrari.

Also:

Merchant: "Trifecta gloves with a high end roll for a primary stat? Best I can do is 2500 gold."

Basically, the merchant is that asshole from Pawn Stars or Pawn Shop Hero or whatever that show is called.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    please post screen of how much you sell those for. D3 RNG machine is shooting gloves my way but they just dont sell and theyre almost identical to that.

almost identical meaning

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • cutecoyguyonecutecoyguyone Registered User regular
    i can't stop playing d2 :( pindleskinbot runs are the greatset pewpewpew :)~

• Inquisitor77Inquisitor77 2 x Penny Arcade Fight Club Champion A fixed point in space and timeRegistered User regular
    I'd be up for The Penny-Arcade Forums Super Hardcore Challenge, but:

1) I'd have to get a working headset (my old one borked and I have never bothered replacing it)
    2) I have never streamed nothing before and I have no idea where to start

Assuming those two hurdles can be overcome sometime over the next two weeks, then I'm game. Get it? Game?

• RofflorRofflor Adventurer Registered User regular
    This hardcore challenge is tempting. I will attempt to set up a stream and see if it works.

76561197968655073.png
    To stream you can start at http://www.twitch.tv/ . Good point: I should probably link that in the main post.

Profile -> Signature Settings -> Hide signatures always. Then you don't have to read this worthless text anymore.
    Chen wrote: »
    Wait, just Butcher on normal? I can probably get there in less than an hour. Well, maybe not untwinked, but definitely less than two hours. It's too bad I'm on the EU servers. Rad contest nonetheless.

I've changed the prize to be available on any realm. If you want to try it from Europe, have at it!

• chocoboliciouschocobolicious Registered User regular
    Reinstalled D3 to kind of get back into it a bit before the next patch drops. Getting crazy horrible performance issues now. Like mousing over my hotbar suddenly makes my mouse seize up and start flickering all around. It only happens over my hotbar though. (It fixes itself if I go into options and force a framerate limit for a second then disable it again.)

Also weird lockups if I do something like leap into a pack of dudes. Just hangs for a second before continuing.

Really weird stuff, considering I had no issues for the entire month around launch.

steam_sig.png
  • MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    RandomEngy wrote: »
    Guess what's back on?

The Penny-Arcade Forums Super Hardcore Challenge
    Rend got busy so I'm taking over for him. And I'm adding a 50 million gold prize for the winner.

Are you hardcore? Do you believe yourself to be the hardest, of all cores? Prove your mettle in this test of speed, skill and luck against opponents eager to show you exactly how much better they are!

The first to kill the Butcher with a new Hardcore character will take home 50 million gold.
    • Glory is for the young: You must make a new Hardcore character for the contest. Start with an empty inventory and 0 experience points. I will let everyone know a special word to put in their character's name before the contest starts.
    • Gold is for the weak: You cannot buy anything from the vendor or take anything out of the stash. You can only use what drops for you.
    • Friends are for the incompetent: You must be the only player in the game. You can disable Quick Join in the Social settings to make sure no one crashes your game. Also you must dismiss followers as soon as possible.
    • Privacy is for the unknown: You must stream your attempt, and agree to let the event caster re-stream it. We want to watch your grisly death! Twitch TV is a great place to stream to.

The winner will be the first player to kill the Butcher
    If all combatants die, the player who made it furthest in the quest chain wins
    If there is a tie on quest progress, the player who made it to their spot the fastest wins

Reward:
    The winner will receive 50 million gold on any realm.

Players will have to balance speed and survivability: they can run past packs of enemies , but will give up valuable levels in the process. If you play it safe, someone more reckless than you may take home the gold.

In addition to the individual streams, we'll have an overall stream showing play from different player's streams and giving commentary. Either me or another volunteer will do this.

It will be held on Saturday, November 3.
    12 PM Pacific Daylight (noon)
    3 PM Eastern Daylight
    8 PM BST

Very tempting! Particularly the 50M! I think this is 1am on Sunday morning for me so its still possible.

I presume WD pets are not "followers" and are allowed. Might need to go and practice...

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
    Yep, WD pets are allowed, just no Templar allowed after you kill Jondar.

• ChenChen Registered User regular
    Chen wrote: »

I've changed the prize to be available on any realm. If you want to try it from Europe, have at it!

Sweet. I've never set up a stream before, so I'll check if my comp can run one.

If I may propose something, I'd discourage the use of waypoints. If you want to go back to town and hand in quests, use the town portal. Also, I wouldn't allow restarting games if things go awry, but if waypoints can't be used, then it should be alright.

V0Gug2h.png
    I don't see an immediate need to add the restriction. Most of the fighting is going to take place far away from waypoints and I don't see what major advantage restarting a game would have, since you have to wait 10 seconds or go to town to do it, then you need to deal with all the respawned monsters.

• HexDexHexDex Registered User regular
    I should be able to do this. I aim to partake in this challenge!

If you are reading this add me.
    D3: HexDex#1281, PSN: DireOtter, Live: DireOtter

• SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    Are you sponsoring this event Engy? I'm assuming the 50m will be the prize on softcore.

• ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Their is an interesting wrinkle to this challenge, (safely) assuming 1.0.5 is released before then: Monster Power. See, Monster Power is available at all levels and difficulties. Citing the PTR: The option to increase Monster Power will be available to all players starting at level 1 in the Quest Selection window, and can be adjusted separately for Normal, Nightmare, Hell, and Inferno difficulties.

I must raise a question: Will it be okay to exit/re-enter the game at will at varying difficulties? I know MP0 is the wimpiest of monster powers, but there is an incentive to use higher monster powers early on for the minor xp boost and then switch back to MP0 for boss fights. Alternatively, you can force people to play at MP10 all the way through, which is another form of comedy altogether.

Zoelef on
  • SensationalSensational Registered User regular
    I like the idea of requiring an MP level >0 a lot, at default settings it's basically a beeline to the objective on every quest because the game difficulty is so senile. I've heard that even MP1 changes everything from the start, might be something to consider.

• mato-andrewmato-andrew Registered User regular
    I'd be interested to take part. I've been wanting to try streaming something for quite some time now. :D

They're gathered like wolves on the boardwalk below, howling for answers no wolves can know!
  • JoolanderJoolander Registered User regular
    whats the equivalent MP level for how the game is right now?

1? 2?

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Joolander wrote: »

1? 2?

Blizz stated it's equivalent to MP 3 or 4.

steam_sig.png
    edited October 2012
    Are you sponsoring this event Engy? I'm assuming the 50m will be the prize on softcore.

Yes, I'll probably just be buying gold with my winnings from shorting Ron Paul in the republican primaries. And good point, I should clarify that the prize will indeed be on softcore.

Also good point about the MP... bumping that up a few notches could make the contest more deliciously grisly. I'll consider it if 1.0.5 gets released within the next week or so.

I don't think I'll put any restrictions on exiting or re-entering the game. From my tests most of the time it takes to get to and kill the butcher is on running and quest progression and any XP you need can be gained along the way. And in general bumping up MP decreases the XP per HP ratio on monsters, so I don't think the tactic would be terribly game-breaking. But you're welcome to try it.

RandomEngy on
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    Talus9952 wrote: »

1? 2?

that can't be true

• Talus9952Talus9952 Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    Talus9952 wrote: »

1? 2?

that can't be true

Oops, its actually MP 2 or 3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6712831240

steam_sig.png
  • ZoelefZoelef Registered User regular
    Assuming that MP3 is equivalent to the current game, here is a rudimentary list of butcher hp from 0 to 10:

633/2,469/3,775/5,278/7,492/9,678/13,453/17,035/23,061/30,194/52,535

Without actually experiencing it, if it's enforcable then I'm okay with banning MP0. This of course is all pomp as I have to be sure I can actually stream this first.

i doubt i'll be participating, but i think enforcing a baseline monster power above 0 would make it more fun

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • ZekZek Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Is it confirmed that MP0 is easier than live on Normal? The Butcher with 633 HP would die in like 5 seconds with random blue gear.

Zek on
  • fortyforty Registered User regular
    Yes, I'll probably just be buying gold with my winnings from shorting Ron Paul in the republican primaries.
    ?

• MatzMatz Bronze Grandmaster FurieRegistered User regular
    From my experience it seems like there are less people online at the moment (I presume it will pick up a bit once 1.05 hits).

Does anyone else feel that prices have dropped quite a bit? Seems like the bottom has fallen out of the Skorn market for example. Even a couple of weeks after picking up my budget Skorn for 8.2M there seems to be a number of better ones on for around that same price. I was half considering upgrading but wonder whether I will be in the same position again in a couple of weeks...

On the plus side a lot more legendaries have dropped for me recently (RNG I guess) and a couple have sold reasonably. Just a bit reluctant to spend much gold before the patch.

2uenpg3.png

Lose: The opposite of win
    Loose: Your mum
    _J_ wrote: »
    I imagine that I make more money from D3 than I would make sucking dick. But I wouldn't want to spend either my D3 or dick sucking money on gear.
    I'll run a few test runs with different MP levels and select one that I think will make the most entertaining event. I want to see if they make any changes with the MP system before deciding though.
    forty wrote: »
    Yes, I'll probably just be buying gold with my winnings from shorting Ron Paul in the republican primaries.
    ?

On Intrade.com you can bet on real-world events like who will win the United States Republican presidential nomination. A bunch of idiots thought that Ron Paul was going to win so I bet against (shorted) them.