As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

"Now Epic Lulz come from..." 4chan on Fox II news

1235»

• Options
    juice for jesusjuice for jesus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Do not take ED literally. Some of that stuff is true but a lot of it is jokes and exaggerations.

juice for jesus on
  • Options
    TheBogTheBog Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Most everybody here fails a great great deal.

TheBog on
  • Options
    DaedalusDaedalus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Zoolander wrote: »
    While the people they were talking about are stupid, the TV report was amazingly incredibly ridiculously more stupid.

Fixed. /b/ may be a lot of things, but they don't punctuate sentences with footage of exploding vans on national TV.

At least not yet, I suppose.

edit: also I laughed through this entire thing. Thanks, intertubes, for reminding me why I don't watch TV news.

Daedalus on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    While the people they were talking about are stupid, the TV report was amazingly incredibly ridiculously more stupid.
    Fixed. /b/ may be a lot of things, but they don't punctuate sentences with footage of exploding vans on national TV.

edit: also I laughed through this entire thing. Thanks, intertubes, for reminding me why I don't watch TV news.
    I've seen 4chan. They don't punctuate at all. They don't speak English, either. I'd put their level of literacy at somewhere around that of a special-ed preschooler. Not only do they not hack, they're really not capable of the level of social engineering it takes to get away with hacking; I'm surprised any of them are capable of the level of social engineering it takes to hold down a job, or attend school. They just look up obvious things, and fuck with people. It's not clever, it's not smart, it's not difficult, and it's not funny. It's just retarded.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    JoahWJoahW Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a bunch of friends that go to /b/ alot. Hell, I even know a girl who posted pictures of her tits on /b/ for attention when she was 17. Thats another matter entirely, though.

I go to /b/ every once in a while, when I am excruciatingly bored, and I will say that overall it's way more bad than good. But, every once in a while it can be really funny.

Take, for instance, their ruthless raiding of Tom Green's internet radio show. Tom Green is a dick, I think we can all agree.

Or, the occasional stickam raid. Stickam is like myspace but with webcams, so /b/ would raid random people's webcam chat rooms, and try to make them do innocent, but funny stuff like put their shoes on their head and stuff like that. Of course, this devolved shortly into trying to get underage girls to show tits, blasting annoying meme music, and broadcasting a loop of meatspin through your webcam. That's really annoying.

Sure, it's an ocean of piss, but some of their more benign stunts are actually pretty funny.

JoahW on
    Jamada.gif
  • Options
    ZoolanderZoolander Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

na the web people are more stupid

Zoolander on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    You guys realize this is a local news affiliate, and not the cable channel, right? All the Fox News hate in here for this story is kind of amusing, but misguided.
    Every local news I've ever seen, coast to coast, is about this level of dreck.
    Fixed that for you.

I can only go by my own local stations, but though all of them broadcast varying degrees of idiocy, the Fox station is undeniably the worst by a huge margin.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    KiTAKiTA Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JoahW wrote: »
    I have a bunch of friends that go to /b/ alot. Hell, I even know a girl who posted pictures of her tits on /b/ for attention when she was 17. Thats another matter entirely, though.

I go to /b/ every once in a while, when I am excruciatingly bored, and I will say that overall it's way more bad than good. But, every once in a while it can be really funny.

Take, for instance, their ruthless raiding of Tom Green's internet radio show. Tom Green is a dick, I think we can all agree.

Or, the occasional stickam raid. Stickam is like myspace but with webcams, so /b/ would raid random people's webcam chat rooms, and try to make them do innocent, but funny stuff like put their shoes on their head and stuff like that. Of course, this devolved shortly into trying to get underage girls to show tits, blasting annoying meme music, and broadcasting a loop of meatspin through your webcam. That's really annoying.

Sure, it's an ocean of piss, but some of their more benign stunts are actually pretty funny.

Tom Green may be a dick, but his show and personality are his entire livelyhood. It's not extremely cool, nor is it really funny, to see his show be ruined by a bunch of 10 year olds with too much free time.

For example, I'm sure as hell that none of us would like it if we started to randomly have goons show up at our jobs and start randomly shouting out about sucking men off, or whatever random meme is going around that week.

Granted, that's a bit extreme, since the type of people that /b/ and SA attracts are usually chickenshits in real life, but still.

KiTA on
  • Options
    DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    KiTA wrote: »
    JoahW wrote: »

Tom Green may be a dick, but his show and personality are his entire livelyhood. It's not extremely cool, nor is it really funny, to see his show be ruined by a bunch of 10 year olds with too much free time.

For example, I'm sure as hell that none of us would like it if we started to randomly have goons show up at our jobs and start randomly shouting out about sucking men off, or whatever random meme is going around that week.

Granted, that's a bit extreme, since the type of people that /b/ and SA attracts are usually chickenshits in real life, but still.

Not to defend hooligans, but I wasn't aware that Tom Green had a personality.

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • Options
    JayKaosJayKaos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wait wait, this would make for an excellent Law and Order episode.

I can see it now... A man driven to murder because people from the internet kept harassing him.

JayKaos on
    Steam | SW-0844-0908-6004 and my Switch code
  • Options
    DaricDaric Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    Drez wrote: »
    Wiggin wrote: »
    The chans do nothing good at all.
    At least the goons raised a shit-ton of money for Katrina victims, and I remember hearing something about them raising money so a goon could have a transplant.

And they are a massive forum. They're bound to do something good now and then. It doesn't balance out all the stupidity, though, at least in my opinion.

Oh, no, not all of it. But you should go through the front page archives from Katrina, detailing how much money they raised. They raised so much, so fast, PayPal shut them down because they thought it was part of a scam.

They also got a Goon onto I Love New York 2. The latest reality show.

Daric on
    cc61181c22f23454a304a4f1f0867845044.gif
  • Options
    Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    JayKaos wrote: »
    Wait wait, this would make for an excellent Law and Order episode.

I can see it now... A man driven to murder because people from the internet kept harassing him.

"Ripped straight from the headlines!"

God I hate Law and Order. I wonder, if I killed someone because I hate Law and Order, do you think they would make an episode about it?

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png