As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[Generic Tabletop] Trying to find a dice rolling program that does full attack and damage

CoreHoundCoreHound Lynn, MARegistered User new member
edited September 2012 in Critical Failures
Hey there guys, I have been trying to find something on the internet (which is larger that I expected) and have not been able to come up with exactly what I'm looking for, which may not even exist.

Essentially I just moved 12 hours away from my tabletop group that I use to host, and we have decided to continue the campaigns via the internet. My problem is this, sitting by myself in my new apartment rolling a ton of dice doesn't have any feel to it, so I thought I would try to simplify the issue. Note: My group does not care to see what I roll, so it does not need to be software that is connected with others, it is just to simplify my experience.

So here goes what I would like it to do, software or internet page, and if nothing exists, something that at least is more than just dice macros would be great:
I have a character I put into it, and can setup a bunch of his attacks, which are chosen via dropdown or check boxes (best option if I am using multiple attacks on the same target) or something of the like.
I input what each of those attacks attack modifier is (+20 to hit)
I then put in how much damage it does on a hit (1d12+12+1d6) if I could put in whether or not it was fire damage and it would spit out how much of each type of damage, even better, but I'm not that greedy.

I then select which attacks I am going to use, and just put in the AC. It rolls the attacks (needs to have at least the die roll shown for natural 1s or 20s) and if it is a hit, it rolls the damage.

Again if it added it all up, and gave a breakdown, that would be sweet, but if not, that would still be cool.

Does anything like this exist?

CoreHound on

• Options
    dresdenphiledresdenphile Watch out for snakes!Registered User regular
    Orokos does some of that, but you pretty much have to input your formulas each time (unless you use an auto-form fill in your browser)

Unseen Servant might be more up your alley.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    InfidelInfidel Heretic Registered User regular
    Setting up characters (tokens) and attacks (macros) is something that Maptool does very well. There is no requirement that you use it for mapping and your players. You could just create a local campaign, create tokens for your players, create exactly what you need for attacks, and then run those macros as you need em. It is as about as you will get for fully flexible and customizable macros that you can run at will.

Often for PbEmail or PbPost internet games the players will roll, which is where sites like Orokos come in. The benefit is that you don't need to do all the work. :P

OrokosPA.png
  • Options
    psolmspsolms Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    along the same vein as maptool is roll20.net - except roll20 is a bit more streamlined, and no software to download.

edit: oh, and it has fully integrated video chat as well.

psolms on