As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Warhammer Fantasy Battles: Skaven eat cheese (when they are given it).

• -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I'd guess the same price as the Toad Dragon - £125.00. About the same overall size, and same base size.

• Salvation122Salvation122 Registered User regular
    Which is, coincidentally, $200 US exactly

• DayspringDayspring the Phoenician Registered User regular
    I dunno...it's cool but I'm not sure it's doing it for me

My Warhammer stuff online: Youtube Twitter Insta
  • -Loki--Loki- Don't pee in my mouth and tell me it's raining. Registered User regular
    I like it for the same reason I like the Toad Dragon and Warpfire dragon. It's a different approach to the normal, graceful dragon we see everywhere else. It's thickset and squat, the kind of dragon I could see living inside an active volcano, where brute strength is going to be handier than flight.

• SJSJ College. Forever.Registered User regular
    That dragon looks like it needs to run a few laps. What a fat piece of shit.

• TheLawinatorTheLawinator Registered User regular
    What if that was a bones mini?

What if?

My SteamID Gamertag and PSN: TheLawinator
  • PixelMonkeyPixelMonkey Registered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm liking the rumors for wood elves that are floating around. I might final get my army out of storage is these rumors have a grain of truth to them.

PixelMonkey on
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    Has anyone done a narrative campaign recently? Not a league where you're trying to win all the time, but a narrative campaign. Anyone have a ruleset they use?

E26cO.jpg
  • superhappypandasuperhappypanda Zug Island Sport Fishing SeattleRegistered User regular
    I'm liking the rumors for wood elves that are floating around. I might final get my army out of storage is these rumors have a grain of truth to them.

What rumors are these, that we'll see a new army book around 2025?

Sorry, I've got both a Bretonnian and Wood Elf army. My hope has waned, that's why I play Vampire Counts.

• MorskittarMorskittar Lord Warlock Engineer SeattleRegistered User regular
    edited September 2012
    I'm so pissed at Workshop right now. I can't even get excited about expensive-but-cool models.

Luckily DP9 and Privateer will let my spend money on their stuff.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • RiemannLivesRiemannLives Registered User regular
    Morskittar wrote: »
    I'm so pissed at Workshop right now. I can't even get excited about expensive-but-cool models.

?

Attacked by tweeeeeeees!
    I put together an html bat-rep of our latest game. Sweet fantasy action!

E26cO.jpg
    edited October 2012

?

No change to their "WD home subscriptions arrive late" policy, which means we don't see them until days after the new stuff they're showing is in stores. And in-store subs are now a voucher system, so you're not guaranteed a copy if you can't be there on launch day. Which, with the Holman store closing, is a bitch.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine when companies make their stuff artificially hard to buy.

@Mugginns - nice report. I actually quite like the imbalance potentially inherent in the Watchtower. It seems to inspire desperation and insanely bloody battles, which can't be a bad thing. The potential of seeing it helps mix up army choices too - do you skip a horde to grab a hard 20-man unit? Add extra flame weapons, just in case?

Nice Ghorgon too.

Morskittar on
    snm_sig.jpg
  • Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Well, if you have an iPad you get WD as fast as your little tubes can download it.

@Gabriel_Pitt was at my place this weekend reading my digital WD that I had been reading for a whole week while his physical copy had yet to arrive and that's some bullshit.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
  • superhappypandasuperhappypanda Zug Island Sport Fishing SeattleRegistered User regular

?

No change to their "WD home subscriptions arrive late" policy, which means we don't see them until days after the new stuff they're showing is in stores. And in-store subs are now a voucher system, so you're not guaranteed a copy if you can't be there on launch day. Which, with the Holman store closing, is a bitch.

It's a huge pet peeve of mine when companies make their stuff artificially hard to buy.

Morskittar, you in Seattle? Just wondering since you mentioned the Holman store closing. Makes it a pain for me too, since now I live in Ballard and have to drive to Factoria or Lynnwood to pick stuff up. Also, I talked to James over at the Battle Bunker in Factoria, he said that it shouldn't be much of an issue getting a copy each month since they'll get shipments of them every week, at the end of the month they destroy what they have left over. So if you have a voucher, you should be able to call and have them hold one for you. Or at least that's what I was told.

Since I tend to make a trek out to Issaquah about once a month, I'll just pick it up on the way.

Well, if you have an iPad you get WD as fast as your little tubes can download it.

@Gabriel_Pitt was at my place this weekend reading my digital WD that I had been reading for a whole week while his physical copy had yet to arrive and that's some bullshit.

That just compounds my frustration - I've got about a half dozen devices available on three different platforms. None of which are iOS. I almost hit 20 years as a GW customer without them really pissing me off. Apparently all it took was a series of decisions that make it really tough for me to give them money.

@superhappypanda: yep, I'm in Seattle. If I could have a few day window to pick it up with the vouchers, that may be possible. Also, if the content keeps improving, it may be worth having it a week+ late, as it won't be just about the first good pictures of new stuff. I really do like the gamer's army features and the like. Or maybe I'll just take a break from GW and point that money toward DP9. I'm sure they'd be happy to take it.

snm_sig.jpg
    Apparently all it took was a series of decisions that make it really tough for me to give them money.

@superhappypanda: yep, I'm in Seattle. If I could have a few day window to pick it up with the vouchers, that may be possible. Also, if the content keeps improving, it may be worth having it a week+ late, as it won't be just about the first good pictures of new stuff. I really do like the gamer's army features and the like. Or maybe I'll just take a break from GW and point that money toward DP9. I'm sure they'd be happy to take it.

Weird how that works with the whole, "Here's my money!" thing. When they say, "No.", then I'm usually like "Well, F you then." and move on. But it's GW, and I've come crawling back this last year like I always do proffering up my wallet as always.

And I'm pretty sure that James and the boys would be willing to hold a copy for you at the Battle Bunker, he's always been good with me, even when he was at Carkeek. Honestly, him and the gal over at Lynnwood are the only reasons I even shop at a brick and mortar store for GW stuff. Otherwise I'd be ordering from a friend back in Michigan or else from The Warstore. While I love Card Kingdom, they're pretty ambivalent to GW players and buy through a distributor so usually get new stuff several weeks late, otherwise I'd be buying from them if I could get it "day of".

Also, what's DP9? I started looking at the Relic Knights stuff and I'll give it a shot if the rules are worthwhile. Otherwise I'll pick up a few odd figures to paint and call it a day.

Also, I've been a Mac convert since about '03 but don't have an iPad when I can do most things off my phone. I'm sure I'll get one eventually, but after seeing the price tag for a new iPhone without subsidies ($799) I almost had a coronary and will be waiting until I can get something refurbed or second hand for a deep discount. The quicker GW moves to making their products available digitally on Windows and Android the better, I'd consider switching then, but I'd like the option to re-download if I lose my device/digital copy.

So, rumour for Warriors of Chaos is by the end of the year, they'll get a mini wave, including a Warshrine and Skull Crushers (Chaos Knights on Juggernauts), and a booklet style update ala Chaos Daemons, not a full fledged army book. The army book is coming, likely next year, like the gap between the Zombie Dragon rlease and the new Vampires book.

Loki, any word on about what time to expect the rest of the Chaos Warriors stuff and their army book? I've heard rumors that Dark Angels or Daemons will be in November, then The Hobbit stuff in December. I was really hoping to see another Fantasy book before the year was out but it doesn't sound like it's going to happen.

This is from Harry, so it's pretty much confirmed. The first wave and booklet in November. Second wave (presumeably with the army book) February/March next year.

Models he's 'confirmed'
    Warshrine
    Skull crushers
    Hellstriders.
    2 Finecast characters
    One new one and one old favorite.

Feb/March ain't bad. Wonder if that means Dark Angels in Jan.

• DraevenDraeven Registered User regular
    like warriors of Chaos really needed that much more of an advantage when it comes to heavy cavalry! jesus.

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

They'll be Monstrous Cavalry from what I understand. Something akin to Griffon Knights that Empire got.

Apparently all it took was a series of decisions that make it really tough for me to give them money.

Weird how that works with the whole, "Here's my money!" thing. When they say, "No.", then I'm usually like "Well, F you then." and move on. But it's GW, and I've come crawling back this last year like I always do proffering up my wallet as always.

And I'm pretty sure that James and the boys would be willing to hold a copy for you at the Battle Bunker, he's always been good with me, even when he was at Carkeek. Honestly, him and the gal over at Lynnwood are the only reasons I even shop at a brick and mortar store for GW stuff. Otherwise I'd be ordering from a friend back in Michigan or else from The Warstore. While I love Card Kingdom, they're pretty ambivalent to GW players and buy through a distributor so usually get new stuff several weeks late, otherwise I'd be buying from them if I could get it "day of".

Also, what's DP9? I started looking at the Relic Knights stuff and I'll give it a shot if the rules are worthwhile. Otherwise I'll pick up a few odd figures to paint and call it a day.

We all have that line. Mine isn't price hikes or a focus on X over Y or whatever. It's not taking my money and/or wasting my time. Hence I've missed issues of WD for the first time in a decade+ and have already skipped a few purchases I'd considered. In any case, James is pretty awesome, so maybe I'll swing by and see what he can do. It's always the frontline guys that can choose to make a real difference.

DP9 - Dream Pod 9 - makes Heavy Gear. They've been around forever and are seeing a bit of a renaissance lately. Solid just-short-of-hard sci-fi combined arms warfare at 1/144 scale.

As far as Chaos goes, I don't recognize 'Hellstriders'. A new unit?

snm_sig.jpg
    Marauders on Steeds of Slaanesh, or so I remember reading somewhere.

Their poor butts.

snm_sig.jpg
  • tzeentchlingtzeentchling Doctor of Rocks OaklandRegistered User regular
    They mount their steeds as their steeds mount them. :shock:

why must we go to places like this ? why ? why must we plumb the depths of demoinic steeds who fuck their riders as they plummet head long into carnal slaughter...Why ?

Morskitter wrote "Spikes, choppas, tentacles, magic? Can't hold a candle to Sergeant Pimp here."

• Dr_KeenbeanDr_Keenbean Dumb as a butt Planet Express ShipRegistered User regular
    Because loldicks.

Also lolbutts.

PSN/NNID/Steam: Dr_Keenbean
    3DS: 1650-8480-6786
    Switch: SW-0653-8208-4705
    Oh fine, it's all butts and dicks 'till Captain Witchunter walks in.

snm_sig.jpg
    edited October 2012
    More WoC rumours from hastings (he's doing a lot of rumouring for a guy who said he was giving it up). This time on plastic Dragon Ogres, and a mention of giant plague flies with plaguebearers riding them.
    On Dragon Ogres:
    They're in the unoriginal rearing on back legs pose that is by numbers for GW, IIRC Alex Hedstrom did them.
    I'm disliking stuff more often as the quality & imagination of recent releases has been more and more lacking.
    I wonder if the sculpting department was made aware that ogres and dragon-ogres are unrelated. I guess we can find out soon.
    I don't think so, almost armoured ogre torso with centauriod dragon lower half, nothing like the wonderful shaggoth.
    they are indeed plastic........ and not very good.
    Freenut wrote:
    A bit of news. U.S. Thrown of Skulls is in Memephis. Tn. this weekend. On Fri. there was a tour of the production facilities. Serveral people reported seeing boxes of chaos knight mounted on juggernughts. 3 to a box.
    It shouldn't be that much of a surprise.... I did say they were coming :)
    (...)
    yes there are models coming out that cheer me up...... pretty much all the models coming out for hell dorado ;)(especially Ashoka)

.... as for GW....

...the plastic demonic nurgle flies with plagubearers riding them are nice too ....... They're not out for a while yet though

-Loki- on
  • Mr_RoseMr_Rose 83 Blue Ridge Protects the Holy Registered User regular
    What the fuck is up with "thrown of skulls" there? Fucking illiterate geese, the lot of them.

...because dragons are AWESOME! That's why.
    Nintendo Network ID: AzraelRose
    DropBox invite link - get 500MB extra free.
    edited October 2012
    I did another battle report.

Also painted a wargor, doombull, and my new beastlord (in article). Preview:
    IMAG1599.jpg

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
    badass!

thats pimping by the way man.

Avatars of War finally properly showed the Corrupters. Also, the original Apocalypse warriors box has been changed. They had significant casting issues due to the amount they tried to squeeze on the frames - full 2 hand, halberd, 2 weapon and 1 weapon 1 shield for every model. They've been split up into separate boxes now.

aowpl03-gw_blister.jpg

AoW do some very very sexy things with all their miniatures.

This discussion has been closed.