As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[EAST] PAX East 2013 Hotel Discussion Thread [link in OP]

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Checking out on a Sunday makes zero sense to me. I always check out on the Monday, but there are no rooms from Thursday to Monday at Westin. How can those rooms go so freaking quickly? Are we saying they were booked out within the freaking HOUR? I may have to book at Seaport at this rate.

kropotkin on
    ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    DirewolfDirewolf Boston, MARegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    remember, westin boston waterfront. Not copley

That almost got me. Thankfully I'm uber paranoid and triple checked XD

5I7JEDi.png
  • Options
    The BlacksmithThe Blacksmith Registered User regular
    Man, why isn't the westin available for the 25th for checkout :(

• Options
    PascualPascual Registered User regular
    kropotkin wrote: »
    Checking out on a Sunday makes zero sense to me. I always check out on the Monday, but there are no rooms from Thursday to Monday. I may have to book at Seaport at this rate.

You and me both.

• Options
    MalfeisMalfeis Protagonist. 2d10 hit die. Chaotic Neutral. Registered User regular
    Agreed about the Westin - this was going to be my first year staying there, but I'm not losing a day of PAX just so I don't have to take the subway back to my hotel. Someone at the hotel/OnPeak really dropped the ball on that one.

PAX East 2015 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X] BYOC [X]
  • Options
    gerafingerafin Registered User regular
    The system wouldn't let me add the 25th, it kept throwing up an error when I did. So I guess I booked the 21-24th... I'm assuming the Westin has a bag-check service, right, so I can leave my bags there for the last day of PAX?

• Options
    vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    Malfeis wrote: »
    Agreed about the Westin - this was going to be my first year staying there, but I'm not losing a day of PAX just so I don't have to take the subway back to my hotel. Someone at the hotel/OnPeak really dropped the ball on that one.

The downside of not having PAX on Easter weekend - the hotels actually have business the rest of a normal week :)

• Options
    Bah but seaport has only single beds checking out on the 25th. This sucks..

• Options
    Lady LilybellLady Lilybell Geeky Crafter & Baker South Shore, MARegistered User regular
    Wooot! Good thing I had the paxcommunity twitter on mobile updates.

5FzIdZ6.png
    I ♥ making awesome crafts! I ♥ my Cookie Brigaders!
  • Options
    kamahlrfkamahlrf Registered User regular
    Can always just check-out the 24th if necessary and move your belongings to your vehicle. If no vehicle, I faintly remember the Westin Waterfront to have a bag-check service (Don't quote me)

Either way, it's not that big of a deal. I generally find that checking out Sunday morning actually works better for planning, but maybe that is because I am generally working that Monday :p

• Options
    MalfeisMalfeis Protagonist. 2d10 hit die. Chaotic Neutral. Registered User regular
    vttym wrote: »
    Malfeis wrote: »

The downside of not having PAX on Easter weekend - the hotels actually have business the rest of a normal week :)

True, but it's not like I was getting it for free anyway... :) And of course wecan't book a room normally through the Westin site for that time frame, either. Pants-on-head silly, that is.

PAX East 2015 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X] BYOC [X]
  • Options
    zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    They've always had less availability for nights other than thurs/fri/sat each year. That lesser availability apparently went faster this time as people have wised up to the better proximity hotels.

• Options
    kamahlrf wrote: »
    Can always just check-out the 24th if necessary and move your belongings to your vehicle. If no vehicle, I faintly remember the Westin Waterfront to have a bag-check service (Don't quote me)

Either way, it's not that big of a deal. I generally find that checking out Sunday morning actually works better for planning, but maybe that is because I am generally working that Monday :p

Well I'm flying back to London and for a flight like that I want to have a day dedicated to it.

• Options
    LimondLimond Registered User regular
    Got hotel, got flight. Now we wait for the actual tickets.

One clip, one kill.

I am a monster truck that walks like a man.
  • Options
    ddrussianinjaddrussianinja Registered User regular
    Booked a Quad for the Westin! Woo!

• Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    I need to check out on the 25th but I only booked at the Westin through the 24th since that was all that was available. I'm just going to hope really hard that Sunday night will open up. *fingerscrossed*

Even if we have to leave earlier than planned, I'm so grateful I was able to get into the Westin. With my disability it will make it so much easier for me. We got into the Seaport last year but even that brief walk did a number on my leg.

I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    Lindsay LohanLindsay Lohan Registered User regular
    Checking out on a Sunday makes zero sense to me. I always check out on the Monday, but there are no rooms from Thursday to Monday at Westin. How can those rooms go so freaking quickly? Are we saying they were booked out within the freaking HOUR? I may have to book at Seaport at this rate.

Sunday for me makes sense because I can leave after the event, catch a train back to Maine at a reduced Sunday night rate and crash in my own bed for the night. Probably a savings of $250 when you factor in meals, hotel, taxes and likely half price train.

• Options
    flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Jesus, is the Westin already sold out of 2 bed rooms?!

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    How long does it take to get the conformation e-mail?

Who is going to PAX South?
  • Options
    itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Booked Seaport...getting excited about PAX East!

signature.png
  • Options
    flatline wrote: »

That's what it looks like.

This is a real hassle for me. No double bed westin rooms, no westin rooms on the 25th at all. I went with seaport but even they don't have any dual beds on the 25th so I booked until the 24th. No idea what I'm going to do about the sunday night...

• Options
    Pascual wrote: »

That's what it looks like.

This is a real hassle for me. No double bed westin rooms, no westin rooms on the 25th at all. I went with seaport but even they don't have any dual beds on the 25th so I booked until the 24th. No idea what I'm going to do about the sunday night...

I just called into the number posted. The Westin has 2-double rooms available Friday and Saturday nights, but not Thursday. I booked into a King on Thursday night and will move into the double-double on Friday afternoon. Works out OK because one of our people isn't even coming in until Friday morning, but this is the first year I wasn't able to get a double-double thursday-sunday.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • Options
    Hmm.. currently booked for Thurs/Fri/Sat.. now wondering if I should do Fri/Sat/Sun instead (4 nights is not an option).. was thinking pre-pax events and parties..

• Options
    ddrussianinjaddrussianinja Registered User regular
    How is it that there's less availability for Thursday/Sunday? Do they not book as many rooms for those days?

• Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular
    Woot, got confirmation, I'm all set for the Seaport from Thurs-Sun. I know people love the Westin, but the Seaport is .2 mi away, has a great breakfast, is nice and quiet (unlike the Westin), and actually has a couple of nice areas to play board games if/when it gets WAY overcrowded on Sat and you need to escape for a bit.

• Options
    It's crazy that even the forum members are having this much trouble this year... looks like I am flying out Sunday not Monday... :(

• Options
    SchmulkiSchmulki Registered User regular

w/gmail, I got mine within about 1-2 mins, tops. Possibly faster.

• Options

Depends on system load. I wouldn't panic as long as you can still log back in and see your reservation. It should have made you give a password for logging back in.

• Options

Depends on system load. I wouldn't panic as long as you can still log back in and see your reservation. It should have made you give a password for logging back in.

OK good! I can see it, but it's been almost 20 minutes now and I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, so I got nervous.

• Options
    kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular

Sunday for me makes sense because I can leave after the event, catch a train back to Maine at a reduced Sunday night rate and crash in my own bed for the night. Probably a savings of $250 when you factor in meals, hotel, taxes and likely half price train.

That's nice for you. Sadly I'm travelling across the Atlantic ocean and need to dedicate a day to do that. Hence leaving on Sunday is impractical for me. I just can't figure out how this happened, I just can't...

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

• Options
    That's nice for you. Sadly I'm travelling across the Atlantic ocean and need to dedicate a day to do that. Hence leaving on Sunday is impractical for me. I just can't figure out how this happened, I just can't...

Can always switch hotels for the final day? Not ideal, sure, but Seaport still has rooms for Sunday night..

• Options

OK good! I can see it, but it's been almost 20 minutes now and I didn't get a confirmation e-mail, so I got nervous.

If you don't get one today, maybe give them a call and ask them to send you one tomorrow.

• Options

It's bizarre. Ok the westin sold out, I could see how that would happen but having to check out on the 25th and needing 2 beds just makes it a headache to organize. It wasn't like this last year.

• Options
    fullofgracefullofgrace Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    vttym wrote: »
    Can always switch hotels for the final day? Not ideal, sure, but Seaport still has rooms for Sunday night..
    Good idea. I think I might do this.

EDIT: With only 14 rooms left at the Seaport Sunday night, I just did. :)

fullofgrace on
    I'm jessageek on Twitter and Tumblr
    PAX East Pics: 2010-2015 & Vids: 2012-2015
  • Options
    xenardxenard Registered User regular
    Booked Westin Thurs-Sun then switching to Seaport for Sunday night

steam_sig.png
    3DS Friend Code: 2449-5711-0640
  • Options
    redfield85redfield85 Registered User regular
    No Seaport, Westin, or Renaissance. Do I just go back to Park Plaza or do I try a new place?

bYf6vNQ.png
    Tumblr | Twitter | Twitch | Pinny Arcade Lanyard
    [3DS] 3394-3901-4002 | [Xbox/Steam] Redfield85
  • Options
    edited October 2012

It's bizarre. Ok the westin sold out, I could see how that would happen but having to check out on the 25th and needing 2 beds just makes it a headache to organize. It wasn't like this last year.

I agree, but it seems like your best bet is to CALL OnPeak - they can make your reservation across multiple hotels/room-types. I also got my confirmation email 10 seconds after I hung up with the very helpful representative.

If your selected hotel doesn't have any rooms available for any of the nights you selected, it won't show up at all, event though they might have availability for all but one night.

flatline on
  • Options

I agree, but it seems like your best bet is to CALL OnPeak - they can make your reservation across multiple hotels/room-types. I also got my confirmation email 10 seconds after I hung up with the very helpful representative.

If your selected hotel doesn't have any rooms available for any of the nights you selected, it won't show up at all, event though they might have availability for all but one night.

I'll give it a try but the bigger issues seems to be there are no 2 bed rooms at seaport for Sunday night.

• Options
    dalaamprincedalaamprince Registered User regular
    Booked Thursday at the Renn and Friday & Saturday at the Westin yeaaa double rooms.

• Options
    tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    if you are confused about what's still available, just do any search and then hit the tab that says "hotel availability by night". westin still has 2-beds for fri/sat and king rooms for thurs/fri/sat. seaport looks the same.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
This discussion has been closed.