As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Sexual Assault, Enforcers, Etc- not me, but I don't see it posted.

KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
edited October 2012 in PAX General Discussion
recoveringdk.tumblr.com/post/33025553748/sexual-harassment-and-enforcers

I didn't see a thread for discussing this, and it made me rather hesitant to post one.

But this disturbs me, and I'd like to see some comment on it- or at least a link to where I can read a comment on it.

This is going to go viral, one way or another- as a side note. I'm not saying the victim of this is right- from my view, she IS a victim so far, but I wasn't there, and I can't how wrong it was based on this post alone.

If it isn't addressed in some way quickly though, it is going to bleed into the entire internet, I'd expect.

Anyway, Discussions would be good.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
Kiashien on

• Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    I do not know the enforcer who wrote the post or the enforcer Tango... though if he was that involved he probably was (is?) a forum community member. Obviously enough people came forward that there was enough evidence to revoke his enforcer status, which I am happy that there was action taken. In a lot of cons there isn't much action taken and I agree with the poster to make it public.

I have never been a victim of sexual violence, though I don't think there is a woman on earth who has not felt sexually harassed - and it is an awful feeling. A lot of times I hear that people don't think something like what happened to this girl is a big deal. Nothing happened right? He was just flirting or messing around -- but that ins't true. She was clearly disrespected and constantly put in compromising positions, that he took advantage due to his position of power.

Speaking out about these things and talking about them is the only way things are going to change - that people realize how they are hurting, scaring and bothering people. That this isn't just something that happens to SOME people, but that it can happen anywhere - sadly, even among our own community.

Personally, I have never felt anything but safe at PAXEast. I want everyone to have that experience. We have to look after each other, speak up for each other, and make sure that every person feels safe. We are a community and that is our job.

Who is going to PAX South?
  • DragonKittyDragonKitty Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    As the author of the post, I'm more than willing to talk to people or answer questions if need be. There's a lot that I don't discuss in the post itself because that wasn't my concern. my concern writing that was "There is a predator and it needs to be known." I am not willing to stay and tolerate being berated, spoken down to, or called out negatively for it. If someone disagrees with the Tumblr, I'd prefer it get removed from the forums versus starting a war.

But that's just me defending myself. THAT SAID, I'm going to go watch Community now.

DragonKitty on
  • akjakakjak Thera Spooky GymRegistered User regular
    Thank you for speaking up about it, DragonKitty. I think you did the right thing.

Switch: SW-4133-1546-2720 (Thera)
    Twitch: akThera
    Steam: Thera
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Thanks for adding your bit, @DragonKitty since it's spreading through G+ rapidly. I don't know Tango, and right now many people, at least in the G+ thread are wondering if anything came of this- or if Tango is an enforcer, etc. I know there's a bunch of stuff going on on the E forum, but most of us don't have access to that, or even know it exists.

If you post something on your blog along the lines of the aftermath, I'd be glad to share it for you to the people asking questions. It'd make a good number of PAX attendees feel better if you would- but I understand if you don't want to, and I thank you for going public with it all.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • parabolaparabola Registered User regular
    Kiashien wrote: »
    Thanks for adding your bit, @DragonKitty since it's spreading through G+ rapidly. I don't know Tango, and right now many people, at least in the G+ thread are wondering if anything came of this- or if Tango is an enforcer, etc. I know there's a bunch of stuff going on on the E forum, but most of us don't have access to that, or even know it exists.

If you post something on your blog along the lines of the aftermath, I'd be glad to share it for you to the people asking questions. It'd make a good number of PAX attendees feel better if you would- but I understand if you don't want to, and I thank you for going public with it all.

The tumblr states that he's no longer an Enforcer. I doubt you'll get much more of a comment than that, from PA people at least.

• Lucid_SeraphLucid_Seraph TealDeer MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Tango was removed from [E] staff shortly after PAX East 2012. Also, Dragonkitty is not alone; in more private spaces there are a large number of other [E] who have come out as having been harassed by this man. He also targeted men, which I don't want to forget since in a lot of cases like this people forget that men can be sexually harassed as well.

Lucid_Seraph on
    See You Space Cowboy: a ttrpg about sad space bounty hunters
    https://podcast.tidalwavegames.com/
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    I've had a think about it and I don't really feel that this thread fits within the remit of the PAX forum. I'm glad that any predatory individuals have been identified and removed from the enforcers group but I can't see any real benefit in leaving this one open.

This discussion has been closed.