As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

DOFUS! yea I'm talking to you

Mr. BlueMr. Blue Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in MMO Extravaganza
Mr. Blue on

• Options
    edited July 2007
    "DOFUS is a massively multiplayer game half-way between a tactical video game and am interactive cartoon" It's FREE to play, check it out here http://www.dofus.com/

Some screenies :

DOFUS2.jpg

DOFUS3.jpg

DOFUS4.jpg

My character that I am playing is a summoner, I am still pretty new but if you want to create a party just let me know.

Mr. Blue on
  • Options
    captainkcaptaink TexasRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Oh wow that is some good art style. Does it look good in motion?

captaink on
  • Options
    AldoAldo Hippo Hooray Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    click click click, I assume?

I've been playing some free MMOs as of late and the one thing that pissed me off the most was that if you run into an enemy whose level is just a bit too high, you're basically dead before you can do anything. It's just so tight, you are either of the right level and gain levels like crazy, you're too high and you don't get any exp or you're just below the right level and you're get your ass handed to you. At least WoW and the likes give you options to run for it.

Also: retarded quests: Especially in Tales of Pirates ~ There were kangaroos in a forest who had boxing gloves on and didn't bother anyone. There was this morbidly fat woman in town who told me in a quest (in horrible English, I must add, but w/e) that she had a dream in which one of these kangaroos punched her. Then she wanted to me to murder 20 kangaroos, so she could sleep easy. She was part of team Good. Jesus. D:

Anyway, is this game slightly better than this?

Aldo on
  • Options
    korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Isn't Dofus' battle system basically a turn-based strategy kind of thing?

At least, that's what I remember about the very brief time I played before I realized you had to pay to do anything remotely fun, and the game was slow, laggy, and generally fucking dumb.

I still get mail from the people who make it though.

korodullin on
    ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • Options
    BrettmcdBrettmcd Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It looks like King's Quest Online.

That's not necessarily a bad thing.

Brettmcd on
  • Options
    KajustaKajusta Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They've been trying to advertise here for awhile, which ends in the topics being locked. From the looks of his postcount, I'd imagine it's the same thing under the guise of a [Game On] type thing.

Kajusta on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    XBL
  • Options
    ZombiemamboZombiemambo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Dofus is pretty, but boring IMO.

Zombiemambo on
    JKKaAGp.png
  • Options
    EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Kajusta wrote: »
    They've been trying to advertise here for awhile, which ends in the topics being locked. From the looks of his postcount, I'd imagine it's the same thing under the guise of a [Game On] type thing.

I'm pretty much leaving this unlocked to use as an example for future failures.

Echo on
  • Options
    edited July 2007
    Im playing as I write this and do not experience any lag with my lame ass computer. Movment and animations are fluid and look kewl. You can retreat from a battle but it is considered a loss if u choose to do so. Yes it is turn based combat which isn't a bad thing (kinda like FF) you can cast spells, set traps, heal, all that good stuff. I am still new to the whole DOFUS Universe so I am not ready to pay for somthing that I am still a newb at. I can still see people having fun without paying though. Last night I got to raid a dungeon which was fun, I killed a snoowolf and scored some lewt. I had a hard time getiing in the dungeon because a lot of people were waiting to go in and if you dont have a party you just go in with some random people.

Thers a lot off go kill this or go get me this kind quests, but these kind of quests increase your job skill level.
    So say your a fisherman and you get a quest to get 10 fish. Well fishing isn't that exciting but your fishing skill (job) increases and you become a better fisherman and are able to catch bigger and better fish. Of course there are the bigger and better fishing poles to increase your skill as well. What I don't like about the jobs is if you want to switch from one job to another you have to drink a potion which makes you forget your current job so you can go do somthing else like a lumberjack or farmer. You don't lose any job skill points by doing this it's just the way you switch from one job to another. So you can craft stuff in each job cattegory like potions (alchemist) food (farmer) etc, and you can trade with people or some NPCs.

Anyway I am going back in, later PA.

Mr. Blue on