As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 Attendees Map AND Where You're From Discussion

zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
edited February 2013 in PAX East
It's EAST TIME!

As @Moe Fwacky and I have done in the past, I have set up a map for us to put our points on and discuss where we are from.

Map! http://batchgeo.com/map/PAXEast2013

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX (as of 2013-02-27): @tanoshiiki at 10,534.02 miles

Things that I added for this map that weren't there for last PAX East (they are the same as the most recent Prime):
1) there's now an icon when you click on someone's placemark that is associated with their chosen means of travel
2) there's now a calculated straight line distance from PAX East in each placemark

For checking in your area: If people are in the same place very close to one another they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on your own placemark and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them to find people REALLY close to you!

To get a placemark added to the map
0) Check the map to make sure you aren't already on there! Many people submit early and then forget about it.. then they submit again closer to the show ;)

1) GO HERE: http://www.getlatlon.com/ and get the latitude and longitude of where you want your marker to go. You do this by dragging the map around. The crosshairs in the middle indicate from where the Lat/Long is being derived. It's dirt simple, thankfully.
Note: If this website is down, you can get your lat/long from loads of other places. This is just the most straightforward place I have found. One example is to go into google maps, and turn on the "lat long marker" lab.

2) Copy the decimal Lat/Long somewhere, or write it down. Make sure you include any minus signs that may be present... this matters A LOT.

3) please submit this handy dandy google form. I'll be compiling the submissions about once per week into the map itself.

I'm currently residing in the Pittsburgh, PA area where we have more working bridges than anywhere in the world and we love fries on our salads and sandwiches. Now it's your turn.

zerzhul on

• adastraadastra Registered User regular
    Submitted - and posted early in the thread so I'll remember that I already did this. ;)

• Josh5890Josh5890 ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I threw my info in as well. I'm interested to see how many people are coming from the Windy City.

This space for rent
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Normally updates won't be this fast, but I wanted to get more than myself on the map ;)

Updated!

Added:
    antherem
    GrayFawkes
    adastra
    Jindrax
    tvethiopia
    jaxjaggywires
    reinangel
    Josh5890
    Rast

People were added to: FL, IL, MA, MD, NH, NY, PA, UT, and VA

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @Jindrax at 2,097.33 miles

• RaughnRaughn Registered User regular
    I'm a first-time PAXer and just submitted my form. Zerzhul, I'm also from Pittsburgh. Well, an hour out of the city, but I claim it because I know what "worsh" means and I know what a Primanti's-induced food coma feels like.

• purevalpureval Somersworth, NH Registered User regular
    Posted mine. Coming in from NH. Said driving but may end up taking train depending on when my wife and kid(s) end up coming down.

• Unzipped ZebraUnzipped Zebra Pittsburgh, PARegistered User new member
    Posted mine as well. And also from Pittsburgh :D Attending college in, anyway. Normally I live about half an hour away ish. Basically across the river from Zerzhul.

• MoociferMoocifer Artsy Broad Registered User regular
    I'll be submitting mine tomorrow! I live an hour or so south of Buffalo in Western NY. I was pleased to already see Hoth on the map! Team Hoth forever!

Zerzhul, I'm so glad you escaped. Haha.

PAX East 2014!!!1!one
    3 Day Pass: [x] // Travel: [ x] // Time Off: [ x] // Hotel: [x]
    Twitter: @amysophie
    Twitter: amysophie
    Gamertag/Steam: Vixen Valentine
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    Submitted.

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
    Moocifer wrote: »
    I'll be submitting mine tomorrow! I live an hour or so south of Buffalo in Western NY. I was pleased to already see Hoth on the map! Team Hoth forever!

Zerzhul, I'm so glad you escaped. Haha.

You can escape Hoth too! WE CAN ALL ESCAPE HOTH!

Again with the quick updates!

Updated!

Added:
    Raughn
    pureval
    Moragor
    Thunderous_T
    DeJarnac
    Unzipped Zebra
    Limond
    Kiashien

People were added to: GA, MA, MD, MN, NH, and PA

For checking in your area: If people are in the same city they sometimes get put on top of one another. Click on where you think your placemark should be (if there's a placemark there that doesn't have your name on it) and see if there is a "1 of X" with an arrow in the bottom right corner of the popup. This means there is more than one placemark on top of each other in that spot. Click the arrow to cycle through them.

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @Jindrax at 2,097.33 miles

• itzerokewlitzerokewl Registered User regular
    Submitted. This is a great idea zerzhul!

signature.png
    itzerokewl wrote: »
    Submitted. This is a great idea zerzhul!

It is indeed, but give @Moe Fwacky the credit (I think). I'm pretty sure he was the one to do it the first time, back in 2008 or 2009 or something.

• TriiipledotTriiipledot Registered User regular
    Submitted! From the Bronx, NY to Boston by way of Bus!

• DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    Submitted mine, possibly the closest at the moment (until @punzie and @juju add themselves).

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    pureval wrote: »
    Posted mine. Coming in from NH. Said driving but may end up taking train depending on when my wife and kid(s) end up coming down.

I took C&J down last time, mostly because you can park there without paying parking as many days as you want, as opposed to the Commuter Rail. You can get off at Logan and go onto the silver line.

• GhostDanGhostDan Registered User regular
    Submitted mine. This will be a great way to see who our local PAXers are!

• KoalaBro2KoalaBro2 Registered User regular
    Josh5890 wrote: »
    I threw my info in as well. I'm interested to see how many people are coming from the Windy City.

Yo! I'm from Chicago (Lake View neighborhood). Just submitted my info.

• mishappmishapp CalgaryRegistered User regular
    Submitted I wonder if there are any more Calgarians going to east. Met 4, others during the final rounds of the Omegathon last year.

Updated!

Added:
    Dian Nao Chong
    Malfeis
    Sausage
    itzerokewl
    Triiipledot
    Temig
    Dakkorie
    Thirmuri
    elusivewalrus
    Tektonikk
    Mishapp
    Durinthal
    GhostDan
    Pascual
    fynix
    Shadowscout
    Domino369
    KoalaBro2
    Krissta
    UnlnvlslblE

People were added to: FL, IL, MA, MD, MN, NH, NJ, NY, TX, VA, Alberta, Ontario, and The UK

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @Pascual at 3,279.29 miles

• RastRast Keene NHRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I think I submitted...
    Edit: I did!

Rast on
    Pax East 2015: Hotel [X] Passes [X] PokeCrawl [ ] Pure Joy [X]
  • PascualPascual Registered User regular
    I'm winning!

• zebrafishzebrafish Registered User new member
    Submitted! I moved to and from Seattle 1 month before Pax Prime 2011 and 2012. Couldn't miss out this year.

zebrafish wrote: »
    Submitted! I moved to and from Seattle 1 month before Pax Prime 2011 and 2012. Couldn't miss out this year.

This is for PAX East? No issue, but you're specifically mentioning prime ;)

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    Submitted my info...interested to see just how big a reach PAX East has :)

0j92muX.png
    elo wrote: »

It ends up being pretty big, but keep in mind that forumers are only a small fraction of total attendees (although it seems more folks join every year, which is awesome!).

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    elo wrote: »

It ends up being pretty big, but keep in mind that forumers are only a small fraction of total attendees (although it seems more folks join every year, which is awesome!).

Yeah, I went to the first two PAX Easts, but wasn't active on the forums at the time....had I realized what I was missing, I probably would have been in here for those too.

0j92muX.png
  • punziepunzie Cookie Pimp Registered User regular
    Submitted. Hope I wind up 2 feet closer to PAX than @durinthal :P

HI3789R.png
  • zebrafishzebrafish Registered User new member
    zerzhul wrote: »
    zebrafish wrote: »

This is for PAX East? No issue, but you're specifically mentioning prime ;)

My bad, I meant couldn't miss out on another Pax (:

• KrisstaKrissta New HampshireRegistered User regular
    Wooot! :D

Ln5yLL7.png
  • TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    Hello there fellow Marylanders!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • tortured3tortured3 Registered User regular
    Submitted my form

grym & kvlt
  • acumen101acumen101 Registered User regular
    Submitted successfully!

Life-Long Nerd from New England

PAX East 2015: -Pass [X] -Hotel [X] -Time off[X]

twitter: acumen101 | fb: fb.com/acumen101
    Steam: acumen101 | xbl/psn: caseBlaster101

• Crippl3Crippl3 oh noRegistered User regular
    Submitted mine!

• <Omicron-8643><Omicron-8643> Just outside DC. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    @adastra College Park representing! (Err, Berwin Heights in your case. But close enough!)

<Omicron-8643> on
  • vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular

Aaaand.. submitted!

• jdixon1972jdixon1972 Registered User regular
    Holliston, MA representing as well!!!! I like this idea. I didn't do this last year and I really regret that.

• DurinthalDurinthal Registered User regular
    punzie wrote: »
    Submitted. Hope I wind up 2 feet closer to PAX than @durinthal :P

I dropped mine on top of the T stop so probably. Door-to-door you're slightly closer, but in a straight line I have a slight advantage due to the orientation of the apartment.

Either way, Dakkorie beats both of us.

• shadowscoutshadowscout Registered User regular
    Pascual wrote: »
    I'm winning!

Only cause its using straight line - else the fact I have to travel down to London from the midlands first before flying would count :p
    anyway enjoy it before one of the aussies signs up :D

• soptheturtlesoptheturtle Registered User regular
    Just added mine. All my friends encouraging me to take a train from DC. But flying is just so much quicker and the flights leave every hour.

Damn! Lots of people are adding! This is going to get populated pretty fast!

Updated!

@treeza your submission only included Lat, and not Long, so you will need to re-submit your entry.

Added:
    firedragon0781
    Kyuss
    zebrafish
    testsubject23
    endoworks
    thorshauk
    WackBag
    The_Doctor1
    elo
    RichSoCash
    pteridoid
    Crippl3
    punzie
    dalaamprince
    TheAggroCraig
    Noryna
    TabooPhantasy
    Vryce666
    localhost
    tortured3
    acumen101
    Rascal
    BostonPoke
    A-Team
    tisanian
    <Omicron-8643>
    flaznar
    Khadour
    Moocifer
    vttym
    cs6ranger
    rawrrrayda
    jdixon1972
    Porkchop
    Swae
    Ricin
    soptheturtle

Processed modifications from:
    Triiipledot

People were added to: CT, DC, FL, IN, MA, MD, MI, NJ, NY, OK, OR, PA, RI, TN, VT, WI, Ontario, and The UK

Currently the Furthest Person From PAX: @Pascual at 3,279.29 miles