As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[League of Legends] Now in Syndra-cation where available!

• Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    @Roz sorry i wasn't on yesterday. Let us doing the ranking tonight

• Options
    JarsJars Registered User regular
    nidalee is the only champ I feel comfortable against yorick. ranged sustain and ungankable, what a combo. in fact she's the only top champion I would even consider playing

• Options
    KayKay What we need... Is a little bit of PANIC.Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    nidalee is the only champ I feel comfortable against yorick. ranged sustain and ungankable, what a combo. in fact she's the only top champion I would even consider playing
    I murdered the crap out of a Nidalee top the first time I played Yorick, it was embarassing.

I honestly prefer people that are a little more dynamic in their playstyle. Why do I equate 'harder to play' with 'cooler'?

ew9y0DD.png
    3DS FCode: 1993-7512-8991
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

Kayle laughs. HEARTILY!

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    MiniwolfMiniwolf Probably somewhere sniffing somethingRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    evilthecat wrote: »

Kayle laughs. HEARTILY!

I must have come up against really bad Kayle's then. Nid and jayce are the only two champs I have trouble dunking on up top as Yorik. like most champs, I'll force an early level 2 engage on kayle (before they hit 2) and they'll be forced to use 2 pots and I go back to last hitting.

Jayce is a pain more so now because of the MS of the ghouls (at low levels) is pathetic, so I have to get all up in his face early which is not great when he can just knock me away then e+q me if I am not careful. nid because 'lol bushes'.

Miniwolf on
    League Of Legends: Ulven
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    VizardObserverVizardObserver The Duke of Ridiculous Poppycocky Registered User regular
    RIP FREE ELO LION TRAIN
    another angel fallen to the land if permaban :(

• Options
    Soviet WaffleSoviet Waffle Registered User regular
    This wrote: »
    This wrote: »
    on the back of this one
    on the back of this one
    on the back of this one

shut up Deman, learn a new phrase

What's really terrifying is it's rubbing off on the other casters. I've heard Jatt say it at least 2-3 times in the last couple broadcasts. And then there's Americans using the term "cheeky" which I have a hard time believing is even legal.

I used Cheeky once. It owned. There's actually a lot of work to be done in casting by every LoL caster, but it's hard since the community is so binary in love/hate. If there's love all the good feedback gets voted away as trolling, if it's hate all the good feedback is buried under hate.

I will give you $20 if you tell Phreak the 'tons of damage' joke isn't that funny anymore

Fuck no, getting Phreak to say "Tons of Damage" during a cast is like the best thing.

League of Legends: Studio
  • Options
    Kay wrote: »
    I murdered the crap out of a Nidalee top the first time I played Yorick, it was embarassing.

I honestly prefer people that are a little more dynamic in their playstyle. Why do I equate 'harder to play' with 'cooler'?

there are a bunch of nid playstyles so there could be reasons nid would lose to yorick. against yorick boots+pots leveling heal, then go wriggles first and she can stalemate the lane or even beat him if she can get good poke going early. ghouls should be a non issue since you can out run them and don't have to take harass to the face to last hit

• Options
    DelphinidaesDelphinidaes FFXIV: Delphi Kisaragi Registered User regular
    Yeah Nidalee is a nightmare lane for me as Yorick. I can't out sustain her, I can't pin her down, and she can harass much more easily than I can. Plus when she hits 6 she gets amazing burst damage while I get more sustained damage. Even if I run her out of mana she just switches to cougar.

There really isn't much I can do against an equally skilled nidalee, her kit is a pretty good counter to mine.

NNID: delphinidaes
    Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I remember a time when I brought up the push top like bawss with Nid to win games strat in here before... people actually argued with me about it being a viable strat.

WHAT NOW BITCHES?

That is obivously only aimed at those who argued with me.

• Options
    Joe KJoe K Registered User regular
    Miniwolf wrote: »

Kayle laughs. HEARTILY!

I must have come up against really bad Kayle's then. Nid and jayce are the only two champs I have trouble dunking on up top as Yorik. like most champs, I'll force an early level 2 engage on kayle (before they hit 2) and they'll be forced to use 2 pots and I go back to last hitting.

Jayce is a pain more so now because of the MS of the ghouls (at low levels) is pathetic, so I have to get all up in his face early which is not great when he can just knock me away then e+q me if I am not careful. nid because 'lol bushes'.

You should be hurting if you come close enough to engage on a kayle. A Q+E combo which includes a 25% slow and damage amplification at 600 range (longer than yoricks ghouls) should keep yorick at bay. actually, Kayle should be pounding you with Q's and then backing away. You shouldnt be in range to drop anything on her, ever.

• Options
    RedThornRedThorn Registered User regular
    The boots 3pots into Chalice and SV was actually a pretty clever and nonstandard build against Yorick. I was skeptical at first because I didn't think she would do enough damage, but that gold lead catapulted her way ahead and she was a tanky monster towards the end.

League of Legends: Drokmir
    Steam: Drokmir
  • Options
    Joe K wrote: »

Kayle laughs. HEARTILY!

You should be hurting if you come close enough to engage on a kayle. A Q+E combo which includes a 25% slow and damage amplification at 600 range (longer than yoricks ghouls) should keep yorick at bay. actually, Kayle should be pounding you with Q's and then backing away. You shouldnt be in range to drop anything on her, ever.

Meh, walk forward drop ghouls, shovel/guitar face, win trade. If she runs away I have an opportunity to drop 4 ghouls in the time it take for her e to come back up. If she wants to last hit she has to come in range. otherwise if she last hits with her e, she is going to push the lane and i'll just freeze it outside of the tower and out farm her and wait for an opportunity to go in when her e is down and she wants to last hit. once I have my tear or chalice + ninja tabbi/merc treads, I just plop ghouls till the sun comes home. Like I said also I may have just faced a bunch of terribad Kayles, but I have never ever had issue with one. I have always got the tower first, won the lane with no jungler help, or maybe 1 gank near the start.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    RedThorn wrote: »
    The boots 3pots into Chalice and SV was actually a pretty clever and nonstandard build against Yorick. I was skeptical at first because I didn't think she would do enough damage, but that gold lead catapulted her way ahead and she was a tanky monster towards the end.

Pretty sure he was running AD runes, and I know he was maxing E first. The problem for Yorick, even beyond the MR stack and heals, is that there was no possible way for Yorick to actually get into melee range with Nidalee at all (bar to flash on top of her); the ghoul MS nerf and Nid's +MS in bushes means that ghouls are only doing their base damage at best. The only thing I didn't like was he went for Triforce over Warmog's; Nidalee with mogs just can't die until ~35 minutes into the game. The Triforce gave her pretty much nothing (it doesn't help you push) as I think she only ever managed to get a single kill for first 30 minutes of the game.

Personally, I think Kog+Nunu really lost them that game. He couldn't CS for shit that game, and they lost an early dragon over it.

• Options
    RozRoz Boss of InternetRegistered User regular

I had three sad, sad ranked games last night pac. First game, we had an ashe bot who took teleport and raged at the entire team when we tried to be helpful. I nearly ended up carrying that game on Skarnar too :(. Unfortunately, Karthus scaled much better than our Veigar and we lost the last teamfight.

Second game, we had a 1900+ elo Lee Sin queuing with a 1k elo sivir, and Lee Sin just trashed all the lanes. I felt helpless :(

Third game, we invaded and got successful kills to our ADC. Apparently, she let this get to her head and started tower diving Ezreal and gave up 5 kills in 4 minutes. We couldn't stop him from that point.

• Options
    yeah that's right

everyone keep thinking lux is the best aram mage

I'll be over here playing zyra

• Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular

Kayle laughs. HEARTILY!

Meh, walk forward drop ghouls, shovel/guitar face, win trade. If she runs away I have an opportunity to drop 4 ghouls in the time it take for her e to come back up. If she wants to last hit she has to come in range. otherwise if she last hits with her e, she is going to push the lane and i'll just freeze it outside of the tower and out farm her and wait for an opportunity to go in when her e is down and she wants to last hit. once I have my tear or chalice + ninja tabbi/merc treads, I just plop ghouls till the sun comes home. Like I said also I may have just faced a bunch of terribad Kayles, but I have never ever had issue with one. I have always got the tower first, won the lane with no jungler help, or maybe 1 gank near the start.

Sidenote: How do you build Yorick? Because I always have sustain issues early on, especially with mana, and I don't feel great about going back until I have enough for Tear, so I always end up being pushed around early.

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    PacificstarPacificstar Registered User regular
    Roz wrote: »

I had three sad, sad ranked games last night pac. First game, we had an ashe bot who took teleport and raged at the entire team when we tried to be helpful. I nearly ended up carrying that game on Skarnar too :(. Unfortunately, Karthus scaled much better than our Veigar and we lost the last teamfight.

Second game, we had a 1900+ elo Lee Sin queuing with a 1k elo sivir, and Lee Sin just trashed all the lanes. I felt helpless :(

Third game, we invaded and got successful kills to our ADC. Apparently, she let this get to her head and started tower diving Ezreal and gave up 5 kills in 4 minutes. We couldn't stop him from that point.

=\ This is why you should play games with me sir. Unfortunately, I have been kinda alternating days with my RL buddy to play Borderlands 2. But tonight is a LoL night

• Options
    Nirya wrote: »

Kayle laughs. HEARTILY!

Sidenote: How do you build Yorick? Because I always have sustain issues early on, especially with mana, and I don't feel great about going back until I have enough for Tear, so I always end up being pushed around early.

Getting the mp/5 component of the tear early is fine, and you can also rune/mastery for mana if you want to harass a LOT.

If you are against a powerful ap lane I would actually suggest a chalice>Hexdrinker over the tear. If you feel you are going to trade blows a lot go for R>E>Q>W, and if you feel like you want to hang back and harass more instead go for R>E>W>Q

Personally I'm a huge fan of Tear>Manamune>Phage>Triforce>GA>Atmas because I like to play a more damage oriented Yorick, but he does great as a tank as well with stuff like Frozen heart (Also helps with mana issues) or Randuin's and FoN.

If you want a less mana intensive build then the R>E>Q>W is a nice one because Q doesn't scale mana costs and E doesn't scale too badly. W is pretty mana intensive and you tend to want to use it a lot, but if you only put 1 point in it you can use it for the slight slow followed up by the speed boost from Q to stick to your opponent. As always though you want to be conscious of your mana use and really only use it when you know you can follow up with some auto attack harass as well. You really shouldn't be using your abilities to farm at all unless your goal is to hyper push the lane. In which case you'll want to rush that early tear.

Official PA Forums FFXIV:ARR Free Company <GHOST> gitl.enjin.com Join us on Sargatanas!
    delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    edited October 2012
    @Delphinidaes is a better yorik then I.

But there are a couple of build paths you can do. Depending on how well you're doing. A quick tip is to start 2 health pots 1 mana pot. Most opponents can not out trade you at level 1 or level 2. Melee champs are easy picking for Yorik. A lot of people misunderstand that yorik does a lot of melee damage as well. If you just drop ghouls you're going to lose the lane by running out of mana. Focus on last hitting and harass when you know you can drop all three ghouls down on them and get a few AAs in. remember that your q resets your auto attack, so drop 2 ghouls aa and q will drop most champs to half health and if you chase you might get a kill.

I start boots 2 health pots 1 mana pot. Then depending on who i am up against I will rush a tear or a challis. challis I will leave alone for the rest of the match and end up going triforce and then a GA. Once you have a manamune, you can go different routes. If you're ahead most people build triforce and just roflestomp the back line by being unkillable. If you have to be the team tank, people will often do manamune, frozen mallet and spirit visage. Then build either more defense with a GA or go more damage with a sheen.

Tear>Manamune>Phage>Triforce>GA is my standard build.
    Challis> Phage > Frozen mallet > spirit visage > GA > sheen is my tank build.
    Tear > Manamune > Frozen heart > GA >/ spirit visage is my 2nd tank build if I am needing to dive carries.

Miniwolf on
    Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    NiryaNirya Registered User regular
    Thanks guys!

t70pctuqq2uv.png
    3DS: 2981-5304-3227
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Just had a ranked game where we had Wukong, Jax, Ori, Sona and Graves (me). The teamfight was filthy. There was one full 5v5 tf in the game and they melted.

• Options
    CoinageCoinage Heaviside LayerRegistered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Just had a ranked game where we had Wukong, Jax, Ori, Sona and Graves (me). The teamfight was filthy. There was one full 5v5 tf in the game and they melted.
    I once had to play a TT game against Malphite, Wukong, and Zyra. It...did not go well. I guess because he's not FOTM, but people really underestimate how incredibly annoying Wukong can be, and that Q buff made it even worse.

• Options
    Coinage wrote: »
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    I once had to play a TT game against Malphite, Wukong, and Zyra. It...did not go well. I guess because he's not FOTM, but people really underestimate how incredibly annoying Wukong can be, and that Q buff made it even worse.

Yeah Wukong is a perma ban in my opinion on TT. His Ult alone is incredibly powerful in Threes. Him, Singed, and Rengar or maybe Jayce are my top bans at the moment.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Wukong+Ori is by far the strongest wombo combo. Add in Sona ult and Graves burst to that and you have something epically nasty. I think the only thing that could have made it worse was if we had replaced our jungle Jax with a Mumu

• Options
    Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    I like Zekent but he should never play jungle ever.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
  • Options
    evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular

Kayle laughs. HEARTILY!

you're run into bad kayle's, then.
    Her E is just stupid at low levels, there's no way you're meleeing her at level 2 and there's no way your ghouls are going to outdamage her E.
    and she shouldn't be using her E to farm, it's there to zone you and chase you to tower.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • Options
    Nirya wrote: »
    How do you build Yorick? Because I always have sustain issues early on, especially with mana, and I don't feel great about going back until I have enough for Tear, so I always end up being pushed around early.

Yorick is pretty modular, and how you build him depends on the situation.

Ghost, Flash, Ignite, Exhaust, Heal, and Teleport are all pretty good. Heal+Ignite is particularly fun if you expect to dominate your lane (Fizz, Jax, Mundo, Shyvana, Xin, Akali, Darius, etc), Ghost+Exhaust is good if you want to be an anti-carry late game, and Teleport is great if you can coordinate with bottom lane. Flash is Flash, take it if you're scared of ganks.

Runes are standard AD reds+quints and defensive blues and yellows. You want the -4 damage from creeps from defense, and can do whatever the fuck else you want from there, go for Penetration in offense, mana regen and movespeed in utility, or get the scaling CDR defense.

Starting items will be Boots+Sodas. If the enemy team has a shitty jungler for ganking (Shyana, GP, Mundo), you can get a Meki over boots for better early harass. You should always start with W so you can check bushes; I normally go for WQEE, E>W>R>Q.

The first item you get really depends on how your lane is going. If you're unable to get much harass down, or your harass is getting healed up too fast, you have to determine if you'll be able to kill the enemy if you were to just dive the fuck out of them. If no, go for GP10; if yes, go for a damage item (detailed later).

Now, if you are able to get a lot of harass down on your target, you have the choice of going for a Tear and/or a Chalice. Going for a Tear means that you're dominating your lane and really don't expect to take any burst, so you can just sustain in lane forever with your E while pushing the enemy champ out of lane. Going for a Chalice means that you fear some amount of AP burst and/or you're planning on playing an Anti-Carry and want to max out your CDR over damage items. Tear+Chalice means you're eating a lot of harass and/or just want to push/counter-push for days.

That's the basics for build philosophy. As for actual items builds:

Deeps Master General: Manamune, Triforce (Gunblade if you're feeling frisky), Merc/Tabi, Chalice/Spirit Visage/Hexdrinker, Guardian Angel, and finish off with your preference of Banshee's Veil, Mallet, Warmog's, Rylai's, or Randuin's.

Focus Me More: Your choice of Shurelya's, Randuin's, Spirit Visage, Banshee's Veil, Frozen Heart, Athene's, Locket, Sunfire Cape, and Warmog's. All you gotta do is max out your CDR with as many support items as you can fit, and tank all the damage while ulting your carry.

Anti-Carry: Frozen Heart, Randuins, Chalice, Tabi, and Frozen Mallet. Finish off with the MR item of choice (Veil, FoN, or even QSS) if needed, or get Sunfire for more defense against the AD carry if you don't fear their magic damage. Finish the build by replacing Chalice with Triforce. The gist of this build is to get on the enemy AD carry and never let go while stacking attack speed penalties with Randuin's and Frozen Heart.

• Options
    JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    Yeah, Kayle can beat Yorick down early on, and if good and jungle presence allows, zone him until she gets a huge lead.

I just got done playing a ranked as Jayce top against Nidalee. Top is arguably my weakest solo lane anyway, but she was wearing me out. The beauty of Jayce is though IMO even though I got down 0/3 to her, once I realized all I was able to do is E her away when she closed and just farm, I came back and ended up like 9/3. I still got carried by my team's MF though, she just dominated. It was the first ranked game in my last 6 that I did not play MF myself, who I am a sweet 5-0 with so far since unlocking her.

• Options
    I needed anime to post.I needed anime to post. boom Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Carnarvon wrote: »

Pretty sure he was running AD runes, and I know he was maxing E first. The problem for Yorick, even beyond the MR stack and heals, is that there was no possible way for Yorick to actually get into melee range with Nidalee at all (bar to flash on top of her); the ghoul MS nerf and Nid's +MS in bushes means that ghouls are only doing their base damage at best. The only thing I didn't like was he went for Triforce over Warmog's; Nidalee with mogs just can't die until ~35 minutes into the game. The Triforce gave her pretty much nothing (it doesn't help you push) as I think she only ever managed to get a single kill for first 30 minutes of the game.

Personally, I think Kog+Nunu really lost them that game. He couldn't CS for shit that game, and they lost an early dragon over it.

Triforce was for a little extra burst on those times when she went cougar and WEQ'd him and the waves.

I needed anime to post. on
    liEt3nH.png
  • Options

Kayle laughs. HEARTILY!

you're run into bad kayle's, then.
    Her E is just stupid at low levels, there's no way you're meleeing her at level 2 and there's no way your ghouls are going to outdamage her E.
    and she shouldn't be using her E to farm, it's there to zone you and chase you to tower.

Could be true, but I will say that its not the 'outdamage' it the 'outtrade' if she sits there and take the full damage from my ghouls, I am going win that trade through the lifesteal and damage reduction from my ghouls. This has just been my experience, maybe I haven't faced and aggressive enough kayle. I would like to try a 1 on 1, with an aggressive Kayle. Not to see who is better, but I am curious if the difference really is that drastic.

Q98DBY0.pngwolfmini.png
  • Options
    If Kayle is going to jump on top of Yorick, it's at level 1 and 2, so she's not taking that much damage from ghouls, because you don't have all of them yet. It's really a skill matchup, but realistically, Kayle should win early. She melees minions, and if Yorick even approaches he eats however many E powered autos she can hit him with on the way back to the tower. Then at 2 you add Q to the mix. If Kayle is going to win it, she's going to either kill him or start to zone him at level 1 and 2. If she doesn't play it right though, he can take control of the lane too.

• Options
    Carnarvon wrote: »

Triforce was for a little extra burst on those times when she went cougar and WEQ'd him and the waves.

Four thousand gold seems like a lot of money for a little extra burst; it's not like Nid has particularly good base AD.

• Options
    Triforce is a great damage item on Nidalee, then you get some tank and you do enough damage to be a factor while also hard to kill.

• Options
    DemonStaceyDemonStacey TTODewback's Daughter In love with the TaySwayRegistered User regular
    I'm a fan of the rainman style skill leveling on Yorick. Especially if you take him mid. Level nothing but e and w. You even skip r until it's teamfight time. Everytime you hit W>E you can just hear them weeping at their keyboards.

• Options
    I'm not saying it's bad, it just doesn't really do anything for you if you're not killing people. Getting a Mog's would have been better, in my opinion, because he could have farmed it to full stacks asap. Hell, GP10 would have worked given how long the game was taking.

• Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Just jungled for the first time in a Real Game against Real People (not bots) with Kha'zix and I think I did okay

Didnt screenshot, but I went 4/2/2

I built Wriggles/Merc/Triforce then the other team surrendered

was that a good build? I did alright with it I think

Quick question also- in the Kha'zix spotlight, I thought they showed off him being able to dodge turret shots by going stealth. Does this still work? Am I just doing it wrong?

Also why does swain's raven stay on me even when I stealth :(

• Options
    Arch wrote: »
    Just jungled for the first time in a Real Game against Real People (not bots) with Kha'zix and I think I did okay

Didnt screenshot, but I went 4/2/2

I built Wriggles/Merc/Triforce then the other team surrendered

was that a good build? I did alright with it I think

Quick question also- in the Kha'zix spotlight, I thought they showed off him being able to dodge turret shots by going stealth. Does this still work? Am I just doing it wrong?

Also why does swain's raven stay on me even when I stealth :(

It' not a creep or monster, it's just a spell effect.

delphinidaes.png
  • Options
    Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Someone was telling me Renekton wasn't allowed to be used during these finals, is he full of shit or is this true, and if so, why?

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • Options
    ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Oh, I see delph

what about turret-dodging with his ult? Is that still a thing?

This discussion has been closed.