As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Boston bound DMV-ers, UNITE! (Deleware, Virginia, Maryland)

KDubs85KDubs85 Registered User new member
edited October 2012 in PAX East
Hello, everyone!

I know there is a train thread out there, but I wanted to float an awesome idea...

***THE PARTY BUS!!!***

Is anyone interested in getting together for an overnight bus, Thursday 3/21? I'm in Baltimore, but would be willing to debark from DC/Alexandria, VA as one of the people in my party will be coming from there as well.

If we can lock down, with payment, a plan before 2/1/2013, I think we could make a go of this.

The attempt is to make the cost < $60/person round-trip.

If anyone has a line on a bus rental, that'll be helpful as well!

Thanks!

~KDubs85

Edit: spelling

KDubs85 on

• Udjat_EyeUdjat_Eye [E] Showdown DCRegistered User regular
    I'd be interested in banding together to get up to Boston. I'm in Laurel, but can easily commute to DC/NoVA if need be.

• KDubs85KDubs85 Registered User new member
    Great! I'm waiting to hear back from a friend in Laurel, so that could work out nicely!

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    I'm planning on going up on Thursday to take part in the pre-PAX shenanigans, so I won't be interested, but the idea seems pretty solid!

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • KiashienKiashien Medford, MARegistered User regular
    As an FYW... the DMV is the Department of Motor Vehicles in Ma, so this is super confusing ;)

The pirate hat riding bobcat compels you...

Relevant info: #PAX East: 3 Coin Lunch organizer. 2012 Trading card available. Pokecrawl Assistant 2012. Pokecrawl attendee 2011. Cult of the Leaf attendee 2012.
  • adastraadastra Registered User regular
    It's a fun idea! I think the real sticking point for me, and a number of DC/Balto-area PAX attendees that I know, is going to be timing. At minimum, it's nice to get to PAX on Thursday evening, get settled in, attend some of the pre-PAX events, get a good night's sleep because it's the last one you're probably going to get all weekend. So our group usually aims to get there around dinnertime on Thursday (or before, if traffic cooperates). We got there in the wee hours one year and felt it the whole weekend. I suspect our group of 4+ might be game if the bus was getting in on Thursday afternoon/evening.

• NullzoneNullzone Registered User regular
    I'm planning to do the PAX Train, like usual.

• KDubs85KDubs85 Registered User new member
    Thanks for the feedback everyone!
    I totally understand the Thursday sentiment, but with requiring time off, I think we'll have to risk it on the wee hours. If you see me dragging, feel free to provide me an "I told you so" accompanied by an energy drink! ;)

I looked at the train, but the tickets were more than a megabus ticket for roughly the same trip.

Keep the discussion rolling!

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    I'm from the Baltimore area and could commute and I think that is a cool idea but I need to get up there on Thursday evening for a couple different things. I hope that it works out and you guys who can get there on Friday can make it work.

• EndersstyleEndersstyle Registered User regular
    What is the Pax train? I was thinking about an easier way then driving to get up there but I do have me and 3 friends all going so.... Thoughts?

• TabooPhantasyTabooPhantasy Registered User regular
    The PAX train is a specified Amtrak train that anyone is welcome on. It usually involves lots of games and general pre-PAX awesomeness. There will be a thread at some point that lets everyone know what train is the "PAX Train".

~Taboo
    BH11Fnk.png
  • Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    This is a solid idea, but I really really enjoy the PaxTrain. Bonus for the train via the bus - table space to play games, a food car, and that we completely take over 1-2 cars every year (so no one gets angry that we are "being weird." Also, every stop we pick up more and more Paxers - it's like a reunion!
    What is the Pax train? I was thinking about an easier way then driving to get up there but I do have me and 3 friends all going so.... Thoughts?

I am going with five friends on the Pax Train this year. Leaving from Union Station you want to get on the 176 Regional. Here is the thread that discusses all of that: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/168049/pax-east-train-alliance-2013-the-pre-thread-thread

Hope to see you there!

Who is going to PAX South?
  • ayimeraayimera Registered User new member
    Hey all! This will be our first time at PAX coming from Alexandria. Our friend told us to take the PAX train as well, although we haven't set anything in stone yet. Def looking forward to it though :)

• randy_wreckedrandy_wrecked Gunslinger Harrisburg, PARegistered User regular
    The PAX train is a specified Amtrak train that anyone is welcome on. It usually involves lots of games and general pre-PAX awesomeness. There will be a thread at some point that lets everyone know what train is the "PAX Train".

This is awesome. Thanks for the info. I'm heading to PAX from the Harrisburg, PA, area this year and was looking for rideshare info. The train sounds like the way to go.

Video Game Hangover is a podcast for gamers who overindulge.
    Put it in your ear holes.
  • Lady AmaltheaLady Amalthea Registered User regular
    DMVers looking to take the train - Here is some new info I just posted about the Sonic Line: http://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/172514/pax-train-alliance-2013-sonic-line-dc-pa-ny-boston

Who is going to PAX South?
  • danielofthekingsdanielofthekings Silver Spring, MarylandRegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I am not taking the train but I just gotta say it makes me smile to see people in the the DMV area get together! I am from Silver Spring by the way! Safe trips to you all and see you in 44 more days!

danielofthekings on