As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Homeland[sho] - She's not crazy, simply in love!

• InvisibleInvisible Registered User regular
    edited December 2011
    Yeah, Bush Sr. was director of the CIA before becoming vice president and president.

Saul doesn't play politics which is apparently why two of his former subordinates outrank him now.

Invisible on
  • AnteCantelopeAnteCantelope Registered User regular
    Right, thanks. It seemed weird, but if it's real then it's realistic.

• KageraKagera Imitating the worst people. Since 2004Registered User regular
    Man I hate shit like what happened in the last thirty seconds. Such a cliche.

My neck, my back, my FUPA and my crack.
  • zeenyzeeny Registered User regular
    S2 trailer update.

• MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    Yes please.

And also that is the best, most relevant song ever.

14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • XeddicusXeddicus Registered User regular
    I can't wait to see how they hand wave Carrie getting re hired by the government. I guess she'd just threaten to sue them...

More seriously, I hope she nails Brody sooner rather than later.

• SorceSorce Not ThereRegistered User regular
    Xeddicus wrote: »
    I can't wait to see how they hand wave Carrie getting re hired by the government. I guess she'd just threaten to sue them...

More seriously, I hope she nails Brody sooner rather than later.
    She already has, though.

ba-dum TSH.

sig.gif
    Don't remind me, that was...yeah...she WAS crazy.

• TomantaTomanta Registered User regular
    Show's back on soon, only this time it is "Emmy-Award Winning Homeland".

I was so pleasantly surprised at how many awards it wracked up, because it deserves them but I didn't expect it to beat out the favorites.

• Tiger BurningTiger Burning Dig if you will, the pictureRegistered User, SolidSaints Tube regular
    Caught up with this show when I saw that it won so many emmy's. Might be my new favorite show. Really great stuff.

Ain't no particular sign I'm more compatible with
  • valiancevaliance Registered User regular
    anyone watching the new season?

• BehemothBehemoth Compulsive Seashell Collector Registered User regular
    Yes

Tonight's episode was amazing.
    That chase scene in the apartments was so insanely tense. I actually yelled at the screen and pumped my fists when she got in the car with the bag.

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
    Did they summarise season 1 at the start? I can barely remember most of it, and don't feel like rewatching it all.

• emp123emp123 Registered User regular
    At the beginning of the first episode theres a fairly lengthy "Last season on Homeland" thing.

This show is still killing it. Its sooo good.

Coolcool

• GenlyAiGenlyAi Registered User regular
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Yes

That chase scene in the apartments was so insanely tense. I actually yelled at the screen and pumped my fists when she got in the car with the bag.

Agreed, but can someone explain:
    That video in the last scene. I remember Brody made it in the first season, but then ... what happened to it? Do we know the chain of custody or any reason why it ended up in Beirut?

GenlyAi wrote: »
    Behemoth wrote: »
    Yes

Agreed, but can someone explain:
    That video in the last scene. I remember Brody made it in the first season, but then ... what happened to it? Do we know the chain of custody or any reason why it ended up in Beirut?
    He sent it to Nazir so it could be released after his attack, and Nazir gave it to his lieutenant (off screen, some time), which is the guy who lived in that apartment.

iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
  • HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    You don't expect that in episode 2 of the season. Same thing with the first episode of Dexter this season. Showtime is impressing me.

Hoz on
  • DracomicronDracomicron Registered User regular
    Kinda weird, though.
    It was the Hezbollah commander's house, not the house of the #2 Guy, who you'd think that he'd entrust something like that to.

Man, this show is realistic. I wonder how many times in the series will the CIA kill the #2 Al-Qaida Guy.

"Who are you?"

"The new Number 2"

*BANG*

• mcdermottmcdermott Registered User regular
    Hoz wrote: »
    Oh shiiiiiiiiiiiiit
    You don't expect that in episode 2 of the season. Same thing with the first episode of Dexter this season. Showtime is impressing me.

Yeah, I was really expecting it to take...
    ...like all season for that reveal. Or longer. Like the entire series.

• Vincent GraysonVincent Grayson Frederick, MDRegistered User regular
    I'm really wondering where they're going with this because
    I'm not sure I see how Saul could end up *NOT* immediately using that information.

I'm really wondering where they're going with this because
    I'm not sure I see how Saul could end up *NOT* immediately using that information.

Yeah, it's definitely setting up a different season than I expected. I guess maybe....
    ...this turns into Saul and co. using this info to try and catch Nazir through Brody?

Saul better get in touch with Carrie post haste.
    That text Brody sent should really fuck him, but we'll see. Maybe they won't be able to get a warrant for phone records because everyone is brain dead...

• HozHoz Cool Cat Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    How it might pan out:
    Initially, Brody is going to be revealed as a muslim, not a terrorist. The rest of the season will be them trying to prove his connection to Nazir while the secret muslim congressman plays out in the foreground.

I don't think there's anything in the video confirming that he plans on killing people or that he's associated with Nazir.

Hoz on
    edited October 2012
    It can't play out like it SHOULD since it would end the show, but it has to go somewhere:
    Even if he never outright states anything the CIA would have to be TV stupid not to act on it. And while I can't recall if we ever saw more of the video, he has to have said something directly of what he meant to do.

Xeddicus on
    Well then.

There's going tobe some awesome spy-vs-spy going on this season as
    Brody triest to get close to Carrie to figure out what she knows, and Carrie tries to get close to Brody to find out just how much of a terrorist he is.

Also, someone on this show violated the one serious rule.
    Do not be one of Brody's loose ends.

• dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    i'm really not interested in this teenage romance subplot

AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    i'm really not interested in this teenage romance subplot

She's a wealthy, attractive teenage girl. If they didn't have ANY romance subplot for her, it would be hard to believe. I don't feel like they're bashing us over the head with it.

Also, someone on this show violated the one serious rule.
    Do not be one of Brody's loose ends.
    Man, he wasnt even a lose end, he was just fucking up Brody's phone call. I guess the lesson in this episode is dont fuck with a man's phone call.

• Loren MichaelLoren Michael Registered User regular
    I love this show but the premise is just so ridiculous, it's hard for me to describe the plot to someone and have them not be like "secret Muslims? In Congress? Is Michelle Bachmann the head writer?"

a7iea7nzewtq.jpg
    I love this show but the premise is just so ridiculous, it's hard for me to describe the plot to someone and have them not be like "secret Muslims? In Congress? Is Michelle Bachmann the head writer?"

If Michelle Bachmann were writing this, Carrie would be dutifully married and her husband would be the genius (also a prophet); she'd just pass along his divine inspiration to the CIA in pursuit of freeing the Holy Land. Brody would not be conflicted about whether or not he is a terrorist; he'd also force his wife and daughter to wear traditional muslim hijabs in the house.

You know, it didn't bother me until somebody pointed it out....but seriously, why the fuck would you send your single most important and recognizable operative to do that? Like, the 'nobody else knows him' shit doesn't hold...you can TELL somebody who the tailor is.

edited October 2012
    Yeah, the Brody stuff continues to be a little ridiculous. They didn't have anyone else who could do that?

But the Carrie stuff is so amazingly well done that I don't really care. Also, looks like the plot will be giving Brody more, less contrived things to do in the future, so hopefully that was the last of his terrorist errands.

Behemoth on
    iQbUbQsZXyt8I.png
    The worst thing yet is Saul holding intel back. WTF, man. Yeah, the CIA are all dicks, but what the hell. I guess he realizes the show is now going to go into the worst contrived shit ever to keep it going unless Saul and Carrie die in the next few minutes and he didn't wanna die.

Xeddicus wrote: »
    The worst thing yet is Saul holding intel back. WTF, man. Yeah, the CIA are all dicks, but what the hell. I guess he realizes the show is now going to go into the worst contrived shit ever to keep it going unless Saul and Carrie die in the next few minutes and he didn't wanna die.

Yeah, there is literally no fucking way he would hold that back. It defies reason.

• DashuiDashui Registered User regular
    Didn't you guys watch the preview for next week?
    He just told Carrie first. Then he went straight to the top and handed in the evidence. But I'm guessing they need more than just the tape because Brody didn't actually detonate the bomb? That gets Carrie back into the game to get close to Brody and the surveillance being put on him, as well.

Xbox Live, PSN & Origin: Vacorsis 3DS: 2638-0037-166
    What is he holding back? In the episode he showed Carrie first but didn't say he was only showing Carrie and then in the preview hes shown showing the boss man whose name escapes me (David?).

Unless we're talking about different things.

He would have used whatever channels were used to send back all the other intelligence (which they were going over, remember?) to send back notification as to, at the least, the general content he found on the card. Before leaving Beirut. You find a secure phone, and you fucking tell somebody what you just learned.

Whats to say he didnt? He showed Carrie before showing others but that doesnt mean others werent told about the content of the intel.

I freely admit I was pretty tired when I watched it so...

edited October 2012
    Hmm....yeah, he says "the one piece of intel that Estes and <whoever> haven't seen yet."

I suppose that could mean they were told of the content, but haven't actually seen the video itself. I took it to mean they weren't actually aware of it, though. It felt, in context, like that was the implication, but I can definitely see your way as well.

EDIT: I mean, your way makes infinitely more sense of course...but we are living in a world where a terrorist cell sends its single most important and recognizable operative as an errand boy, so...

mcdermott on