As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[League of Legends] Now in Syndra-cation where available!

1102103104105106108»

• Forever ZefiroForever Zefiro cloaked in the midnight glory of an event horizonRegistered User regular
    Martin Sheen

2fbg9lin3kdl.jpg
    XBL - Foreverender | 3DS FC - 1418 6696 1012 | Steam ID | LoL
  • BubsBubs Not Burbs ChicagoRegistered User regular
    Or did you mean platoon?

PSN: thewheelz
  • RamiRami Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I like how they have to strike generic action poses for no reason. Why is Ryze jumping headfirst into the entire enemy team when he's a ranged mage?

Although it does look like he needs a basketball shopped into his hand.

Rami on
    Steam / Xbox Live: WSDX NNID: W-S-D-X 3DS FC: 2637-9461-8549
    sig.gif
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Martin Sheen

Yeah sorry. Thats what I meant.

Edit: Also Rumble top is still very strong.

Smaug6 on
    steam_sig.png
  • LefLef Registered User regular
    Finally got a chance to watch the CLG vs Azubu Frost match-up.
    Why did they send Wicked bot to 1v2 against that? Riven is terrible at 1v2ing. You can take Singed from very early on, and you need to get a little ahead of him pre-6. Then when they did lane swap, he chose to buy 2 long swords instead of buying at least 1 null-magic mantle, but 2 would have been the best option. That would have given him 50 MR very early. This would have allowed him to trade with Singed all day, especially considering Singed already had Ninja Tabi. Then you transition it into Merc, Hex. Instead he went for almost all damage, with Brutilizer into vamp scepter. I think that Riven was still an actual good pick if he had followed this item path. They had Zyra, Vlad, Singed. You can mitigate against a lot of their team with that. Aegis would also have been a great pick up. It just sucks finally seeing my favorite champion get played into a situation where she should do well....and then completely flop.

• ArchArch Neat-o, mosquito! Registered User regular
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    1600g for lifesteal, damage, damage against neutral creep, armor AND a free ward every 3mins. How is Wriggles bad? Or do you mean on Kha'zix?

Wriggles was good back when people started Cloth+5 or Vamp and had 18% life steal.

Starting with Vamp precludes you from doing a level 2-3 gank and finishing your route (while also making you worse at ganking and more likely to die to counterganks), and also makes you extraordinarily susceptible to counterjungling. Starting Cloth+5 for the extra sustain is inferior to starting Regeneration Charm (which also builds into a sustain item, but costs half as much and literally makes you money).

Wriggles is only good if you're trying to do an early dragon, which no one ever does because it's super risky unless you get lucky and kill mid and bot simultaneously. Aside from that, what does Wriggles give you that a Philo+Vamp+350gp or Doran's Blade+Shield, or HoG+Philo, or Brut+Vamp doesn't? A random proc that makes taking two buff mobs per six minutes ~20% faster?

Wriggles dramatically speeds up killing jungle trash for just about any jungler that isn't AoE focused (ie. auto-attack junglers). Like, I'd never pick it up on Mundo or Amumu, but on Lee Sin or Shyvana, Wriggles means you can gank more often, counterjungle when you aren't ganking, and generally gain a lot more mobility due to those procs increasing your kill speed on jungle mobs.

This all got really confusing real fast

So is Wriggles -> Boots -> Triforce a good jungle build on Kha or not? What should I be building if not that?

I am generally starting with cloth+5 and go wolves, Blue, wraiths, red, minis

I start with W, get E at level 2 if I think I can gank (i take Q otherwise)

am I doing it at least ok?

@Carnarvon

• Styrofoam SammichStyrofoam Sammich WANT. normal (not weird)Registered User regular
    Try out both and see what works best for you.

wq09t4opzrlc.jpg
    What is "both"

what are the alternatives? Regen pendent into phil stone? Boots+pots into ninja tabi and vamp scepter?

I don't get what I should be building, I just have been following guides

• VizardObserverVizardObserver The Duke of Ridiculous Poppycocky Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    zj7yU.jpg
    so uh
    hecarim top
    i mean
    just..
    hecarim top

VizardObserver on
  • Smaug6Smaug6 Registered User regular
    zj7yU.jpg
    so uh
    hecarim top
    i mean
    just..
    hecarim top

How does Amumu beat both AD carries in farm?

steam_sig.png
    Arch wrote: »
    What is "both"

what are the alternatives? Regen pendent into phil stone? Boots+pots into ninja tabi and vamp scepter?

The important part of Kha'zix is his versatity. You can go Wriggle's first if they have 2 AD, evolve Q and do a fast dragon to get ahead. You can play him the way Talith espoused and go early Philo/Hog into Glacial/SV and Evolve W then R for massive tank potential. He has a lot of possibilites. I encourage you to go into games and experiment, in the end what I tell you works isn't as important as you finding what works for your style of play. If wriggle's into Tri-force worked for you then great! Wriggle's/Tri-force your heart out till you seem to run into situations where it doesn't work. When faced with those situations explore other options and paths. Depth > Breath so play your 1 build over and over till you have some intuition about it and can start to make calls about it.

Lef wrote: »
    Lef wrote: »
    What is "both"

The important part of Kha'zix is his versatity. You can go Wriggle's first if they have 2 AD, evolve Q and do a fast dragon to get ahead. You can play him the way Talith espoused and go early Philo/Hog into Glacial/SV and Evolve W then R for massive tank potential. He has a lot of possibilites. I encourage you to go into games and experiment, in the end what I tell you works isn't as important as you finding what works for your style of play. If wriggle's into Tri-force worked for you then great! Wriggle's/Tri-force your heart out till you seem to run into situations where it doesn't work. When faced with those situations explore other options and paths. Depth > Breath so play your 1 build over and over till you have some intuition about it and can start to make calls about it.

Thanks! This helps!

• VizardObserverVizardObserver The Duke of Ridiculous Poppycocky Registered User regular
    Smaug6 wrote: »
    zj7yU.jpg
    so uh
    hecarim top
    i mean
    just..
    hecarim top

How does Amumu beat both AD carries in farm?
    my friends aren't exactly the best at farming

• RaslinRaslin Registered User regular
    According to LoL infographics, 75 teemo's die a second

We need to work hard to increase this number by end of S3

I cant url good so add me on steam anyways steamcommunity.com/id/Raslin

3ds friend code: 2981-6032-4118
  • CarnarvonCarnarvon Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Carnarvon wrote: »
    1600g for lifesteal, damage, damage against neutral creep, armor AND a free ward every 3mins. How is Wriggles bad? Or do you mean on Kha'zix?

Wriggles was good back when people started Cloth+5 or Vamp and had 18% life steal.

Starting with Vamp precludes you from doing a level 2-3 gank and finishing your route (while also making you worse at ganking and more likely to die to counterganks), and also makes you extraordinarily susceptible to counterjungling. Starting Cloth+5 for the extra sustain is inferior to starting Regeneration Charm (which also builds into a sustain item, but costs half as much and literally makes you money).

Wriggles is only good if you're trying to do an early dragon, which no one ever does because it's super risky unless you get lucky and kill mid and bot simultaneously. Aside from that, what does Wriggles give you that a Philo+Vamp+350gp or Doran's Blade+Shield, or HoG+Philo, or Brut+Vamp doesn't? A random proc that makes taking two buff mobs per six minutes ~20% faster?

Wriggles dramatically speeds up killing jungle trash for just about any jungler that isn't AoE focused (ie. auto-attack junglers). Like, I'd never pick it up on Mundo or Amumu, but on Lee Sin or Shyvana, Wriggles means you can gank more often, counterjungle when you aren't ganking, and generally gain a lot more mobility due to those procs increasing your kill speed on jungle mobs.

This all got really confusing real fast

So is Wriggles -> Boots -> Triforce a good jungle build on Kha or not? What should I be building if not that?

I am generally starting with cloth+5 and go wolves, Blue, wraiths, red, minis

I start with W, get E at level 2 if I think I can gank (i take Q otherwise)

am I doing it at least ok?

@Carnarvon

Starting cloth armor is only ever the most efficient option if you can't get a leash. Past that, you should be starting with Boots and 3 potions unless you don't expect to even try ganking until you farm your jungle 2-3 times.

So, starting Boots+3 Potions, you have two basic routes. The first is wolves->leash on blue->wraiths->wolves->red->wraiths and then gank or whatever. The other route is wraiths->red and then gank.

On your first back, you have to make the decision if you think it's going to be better to focus on ganking or to focus on farming. If you want to be ganking, you want boots 2 ASAP, and the only boots you can really afford at this point is Ninja Tabi (and maybe a few wards and potions). Tabi gives you better sustain in the jungle, a substantial movement speed boost, and are normally the most efficient boots to own by the end of the game (them AD carries be trippin').

If you're not going to be ganking, you want to be making your farm as efficient as possible; this normally entails GP10 items. Philo is pretty cheap and gives you good sustain, so consider picking this up. You can then hold off upgrading your boots until later, perhaps going for Mercury Treads.

Now, this is where it's really up to whatever you think fits. If you're not getting a lot of income, try picking up two Doran's Blades as a stop-gap until you get some more money. If you're getting off good ganks Brutalizer is pretty sick. Either way, you can build from that and go into Triforce or Black Cleaver or Last Whisper or whatever the fuck you want.

The other alternative is to go for the full tank build with Frozen Heart and all that jazz. Basically, just build some mana and max out your CDR and maybe pick up a Last Whisper.

Carnarvon on
    edited October 2012
    So I've been playing a new style of top lane recently. I'm only like 10 games deep into it so I'm still working out the kinks. It goes something like this:

Play a champion with powerful defensive cooldowns, high mobility, and at least decent cc. I am experimenting with J4 for this style currently but I can see other champions where it would work.
    Go early gp/10 and Oracle's. Then use your mobility and cc to roam and clear wards and basically make the enemy top and mid scared since they don't have vision on the top side of the map. J4 excels at this because he can easily clear walls and close huge amounts of distance with E+Q.
    Finish Shurelia's and then build a thick defensive item. Randuin's is great against ad, Warmog's is probably better against multiple AP champs. Continue to apply pressure on Mid lane and Top since they have no vision/ Buy lots of wards and keep vision on their top side buff and small camps.
    The goal here isn't to win top lane, its to split top lane farm and get advantage by putting their mid and jungle behind since they never know exactly where you or your jungler are.

To address J4 specifically for this style:
    You want to get W skilled to 3 by level 5. After that skilling E becomes the priority since it gives you armor and mobility. Finishing Shurelia's and Oracle's is super important since with Shurelia's you can get places extrodianarily fast, and know if they see you coming. Roaming into the enemy jungle becomes a breeze. You'll be able to escape all but a 3 man collapse with multiple cc, and that's if your team doesn't follow.
    Keeping your Oracle's is of paramount importance, but building defensive with skilling for w + e makes you very difficult to deal with if your trying to run away. Conversly, your initiation ability makes you a huge threat to the enemy team just by your potential presence, especially in jungle fights where you can completely lock out terrain.
    You can transition this into a late-game anti-carry build, full on initiate, or go for being a peel oriented champ with frozen mallet.

Thoughts?

Lef on
  • MrGrimoireMrGrimoire Pixflare Registered User regular
    Raslin wrote: »

An increase in that number means more people are playing Teemo. I think it needs to go down.

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    MrGrimoire wrote: »
    Raslin wrote: »

An increase in that number means more people are playing Teemo. I think it needs to go down.

a decrease in the number could also suggest that teemo is becoming immortal.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • JoshmviiJoshmvii Registered User regular
    People seem to be forgetting that part of the reason you might start cloth 5(and get wriggles) is if you're expecting you might be dueling in the jungle. cloth armor can be the difference in winning or losing a jungle duel early. Also, wriggle's is still a very good item on many junglers.

Off the top of my head, lee sin, shyvana, nocturne, udyr, olaf. I build wriggle's on all of those junglers. Wriggle's procs are not just about early dragons. They help you secure your/their buffs and just clear the whole jungle faster.

• BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    I've been playing around with building Diana like Shyvana when in the jungle, mainly because I feel too cash-starved for a more typical build on her. So Boots -> Wriggle's -> Phage -> Wit's End -> FMallet -> Randuin's, finishing off with whatever item I feel is necessary given the state of the game.

It actually works surprisingly well, and the Phage in particular gives her a huge amount of sticking power. I'm considering swapping out the Wit's End for an Ionic Spark because of how well it works with Diana's passive, but she doesn't benefit nearly as much from added health compared to MR.

edited October 2012
    The problem with Wriggle's isn't the speed it promotes, but rather that the speed increase doesn't really matter when you instead go gp/10. 2 gp/10s increase your gold generation by at least as much as you get by increasing the speed of your clear, and you can buy them for the same amount of initial gold as a Wriggles. Then your debating relative merit of better jungle control versus getting into teamfight mode with Shurelia's/Randuin's earlier, etc. Most jungle Udyr and Olaf skip the Wriggle's since they are aoe based junglers. Lee Sin and Shyvana are still played with wriggle's frequently since they can't really go for Double gp/10 and quirks of the champion give Wriggle's ancillary effects that are beneficial. On other junglers though, why would you go Wriggle's, which has no other path to upgrade, if not for the eventual fast dragon/baron when you can build thicker items off of the gp/10 of your philo/hog? If your taking a free buff, the extra speed isn't that relevant. If they come to contest the buff, what puts you in a better position, Wriggle's or double gp/10 + boots 2?
    The other aspect of this is the prevalence of Oracle's on junglers Double gp/10 into Oracle's is very common, and nearly procludes the purcase of Wriggle's unless there are serious ganks that work due to available funds.

Lef on
  • TehSlothTehSloth Hit Or Miss I Guess They Never Miss, HuhRegistered User regular
    Yeah, I'm personally not a fan of wriggles on Udyr, who's probably my most common jungler, but I also only build him phoenix, I've seen a lot of other udyrs jungle as tiger and I can definitely see the appeal of a wriggles for that route. I play a lot of yi too and always grab a wriggles even though the majority of my jungle clear speed comes from alpha strike procs. It makes your buff/objective control and farm speed absolutely insane and significantly improves your split pushing which is really on of yis strengths.

FC: 1993-7778-8872 PSN: TehSloth Xbox: SlothTeh
    twitch.tv/tehsloth
  • JarsJars Registered User regular
    the stats on gp/10 suck. the stats on wriggles are good for melee champs

• evilthecatevilthecat Registered User regular
    Jars wrote: »
    the stats on gp/10 suck. the stats on wriggles are good for melee champs

health? health and mana regen?
    errrr. I disagree.

tip.. tip.. TALLY.. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
  • BurnageBurnage Registered User regular
    Wriggle's on AD carries instead of Doran's blades. Dumb idea, or sometimes alright? I know it used to be somewhat popular before the sustain nerfs, and I can see it helping in lanes where the support isn't warding brilliantly and you're receiving a lot of harass.

• EchoEcho ski-bap ba-dapModerator mod
    One of you lazy gits make a new thread.

• JarsJars Registered User regular
    200 health for 850 gold. yeah that's pretty bad.

Burnage wrote: »
    Wriggle's on AD carries instead of Doran's blades. Dumb idea, or sometimes alright? I know it used to be somewhat popular before the sustain nerfs, and I can see it helping in lanes where the support isn't warding brilliantly and you're receiving a lot of harass.

I don't think that you can really afford to spend that amount of gold on Wriggle's instead of going for the early boots 2. It's only be a benefit if you are constantly trading.

This discussion has been closed.