As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

[Phalla]- Blackout in Phallaville- Game Over! Invader Victory!

lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
edited October 2012 in Critical Failures
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EzBq5faeoKY&feature=fvwrel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NRxrCBvt7TM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7U7dA2rQ78

Attention. Attention. is this thing on? Yes? Excellent. For those of you within the sound of my voice, please do not be alarmed. This is not a test of the emergency broadcast system, this is a real emergency. For those of you who can hear my voice, I will repeat, this is not a drill.

Moments ago our area was hit by some as of yet undetermined natural disaster. Or man-made disaster. We are, at this time, unaware of the source of the problem. You have felt the ground tremble and you have noticed that all of the world around you went dark. It is now closing in on Midnight here in Phallaville and there is no electricity. I am speaking to you from the old radio tower on the hill. We have managed to get in and get the equipment working, but this is going to take a round the clock effort to keep things as they are. We have not received any information from the outside world as to what is happening. All that we know is that for right now, we are on our own.

Our generator here at the radio station is human powered. There are a few of us here and we will be doing out best to keep you informed. But we will need your help. If you are out there, please, dig through your attics, your basements, your kids closet. Find those old transistor radios and those battery operated radios and CBs. Please, we may not be able to talk to you directly, but let us know that you are there.

We will get through this together. Once we know what 'this' is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l7U7dA2rQ78

Game Overview:

Genre: Standard (village v mafia) with some added flavor

This is a Phalla game, Penny Arcade Forum's version of the party game Mafia. If this is your first game, it will be informative to visit the linked topic for some background information.

Signing Up

Sign up with the phrase "I !sign up" or similar phrase in bold limegreen or other bright, easily visible color to ensure that your intent to play is acknowledged. Signups will be open for at most 72 hours, but will close once the maximum of 50 players is reached.

Inactivity

It is expected that players do at least two of the following three things each day to be considered sufficiently active: make at least two posts, make a vote, submit private actions. A warning will be sent on the first day that this requirement is not met, and a replacement will be made on the second consecutive day of inactivity or third day overall. If there are no replacements available, then the player will be eliminated from the game.

Clarifications

Any questions about the general game rules may be made by highlighting the question in bold darkorange text. Answers will be posted in the thread and collected in the below section. Player-specific inquiries that are not addressed in the general rules may be asked via PM to the host.

Other Rules

Standard Phalla rules apply: no sharing of host-provided PMs via screenshots or direct quotation. However, information may be shared indirectly, such as through rephrasing. You may not add new players to preexisting private conversations after the first message - start a new conversation instead. No anonymous contact is allowed. All messages must be traceable to a player in the game. Once you are eliminated, you may not make any more game conversation with players remaining in the game. You must add the host to all PM conversations.

If any players create "proboards" for private communication or interesting conversations including more than two players, please send links for them to the host.

Vote Close

Vote close will be at 9pm EDT. Which is 2pm for me. This might be subject to change but likely won't.

Clarifications

Order of actions?

Vote ---> Everything else

Ties with the vote?

You only wish I'd answer this

Conversions/millers/thralls?

No, there are not.

Player List

Egos
shalmelo
phyphor

The Dead List

Day One
Kilnaga –Invader
Vagrant_Winds – Townsperson
Kime –townsperson
Anialos- Townsperson
MagicPrime- Townsperson
Baidol –Doctor

Day Two
Stever777 –townsperson
Megafrost- townsperson
Delmain- bartender
The Anonymous- townsperson
Assuran- townsperson
Trueneverbown- townsperson

Saberovereasy-- townsperson
Delphinidaes-- townsperson
Mr Blarney-- townsperson
Maximus-- townsperson
MrTlicious – Tourist
SlyM –Invader
38thDoe—lazy townsperson

Mill – Doctor
schuss—townsperson
Jdarksun –townsperson
Zandracon—townsperson
Retaba—townsperson
warban –Invader

Sir Fabulous –townsperson
TheRoadVirus- townsperson
Typhus733- Town Cop
Infidel—Invader
Koan – Invader
blahmcblah – Townsperson
TehSloth –Townsperson
Rend—Bartender

Burnage – lover with a suicide pact
Rainfall – lover with a suicide pact
Ketbra –townsperson
Thetheroo- The prisoner

premium--townsperson
Jaysonfour—townsperson
Malkor – unlucky sod
Cythraul – Town Cop
Obifett –invader
Facetious –townsperson
Romanqwerty –invader

Narrations
The Darkness Begins
Sad Day for the Doctor
No more Free Drinks
Beer is Serious Business
Gotta Learn First Aid Now
The Silence of The Death
Love is Forever
Nothing Left

Villager PM
You are a townsperson from Phallaville. You have made your way to the emergency shelter, as you were asked to do by the radio voice. You know that the world outside is black and impossible to see through. You know that there are a lot of you in this shelter, but that food and water and heat are all working. For now. And you know that there are Invaders who spoke through the radio to you. But you know nothing else. The world could be burning down outside and you would know nothing. But your instincts are telling you that these Invaders are dangerous and must be gotten rid of.

Win Condition: you win when all of the Invaders have been removed from the game.

lonelyahava on

• EgosEgos Registered User regular
    sign

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    Ahava Phalla!!!!

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
  • KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    Signup,etc,etc.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • The AnonymousThe Anonymous Uh, uh, uhhhhhh... Uh, uh.Registered User regular
    I like the dark, the dark is comforting

i am number 1, bitches

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    This is my signup. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

• vagrant_windsvagrant_winds Overworked Mysterious Eldritch Horror Hunter XX Registered User regular
    I have the Number 2 Headband, which means I now get to kill you to become Number 1 Egos.

// Steam: VWinds // PSN: vagrant_winds //
    // Switch: SW-5306-0651-6424 //
    we'll see

ACE+OF+CLUBS.jpg

I have the Number 2 Headband, which means I now get to kill you to become Number 1 Egos.

I think the more likely scenario is I kill you and take your Number 2 Headband and then go after Egos. >:)

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • AnialosAnialos Collies are love, Collies are life! Shadowbrook ColliesRegistered User regular
    *radio static*

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    Three at once?

Absolutely!

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Let's see if anyone is on the other end of this can with a piece string tied to it, with another can on the other end that I can't see.

• lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    I'll be out most of the day tomorrow my darlings.

But have no fear, I still love you all.

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Lookey here, ah'm on the ray-dee-oh!

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph
  • DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    I'm not sure I believe you.

That's ok.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    oh my god this is Jericho. Time to end the series on my own terms!

oh my god this is Jericho. Time to end the series on my own terms!

Phallacho?

- Terence McKenna
  • Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Yes, that. You come up with the names, I'll... something something

• AlegisAlegis Impeckable Registered User regular
    all we hear is

radio ahava

radio ahoovoo

• Typhus733Typhus733 Yip! Registered User regular
    !Sign

• Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Natural Disasters? Hoping for Typhoon and Earthquake

Zombie Hero on
    Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Ahava Phalla yayyy

Order of actions?

Ties with the vote?

Doubt it but can't blame me for asking :P

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • TrueNeverbornTrueNeverborn Registered User regular
    Breaker this is True, anybody out there?

So if you love games and I love games... Why are we not playing... **sees the forum** OOOOHHHH Yeh!
    TrueNeverBorn_sm.jpg
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    Let's do it in the dark!

• stever777stever777 AFK most Saturdays Registered User regular
    !Sign up

Hosting Android: Netrunner - Thread 2: The Revenge

The Black Hole of Cygnus X-1
  • shalmeloshalmelo sees no evil Registered User regular
    can't sleep, clown will eat me...can't sleep, clown will eat me...

Steam ID: Shalmelo || LoL: melo2boogaloo || tweets
  • lonelyahavalonelyahava Call me Ahava ~~She/Her~~ Move to New ZealandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012

Order of actions?

Vote ---> Everything else

Ties with the vote?

You only wish I'd answer this

No, there are not.

lonelyahava on
  • facetiousfacetious a wit so dry it shits sandRegistered User regular
    Please tell me I'm not too late.

"I am not young enough to know everything." - Oscar Wilde
    Real strong, facetious.

Steam: Chagrin LoL: Bonhomie
    Well knowing you, ties will be unpleasant for anyone involved, so we'll just avoid that then :P

Steam profile
    and now, I'm leaving for the day.

be good children.

• AssuranAssuran Is swinging on the Spiral Registered User regular
    So, the minis filled up quickly.

Let's get this main going.

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Huh, radio. What's up with that radio?

Megafrost on
  • ObiFettObiFett Use the Force As You WishRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Reserve and you can bump me to a signup if you need me to fill out the signups.

ObiFett on
  • PhyphorPhyphor Building Planet Busters Tasting FruitRegistered User regular
    So it's time to make ahava go crazy by acting so mafia again I see

hmm

been a while since i've had such trouble getting players for a game.

guess you guys aren't as big addicts as i thought.

• SLyMSLyM Registered User regular
    I think the issue is the 2 highly involved minis

My friend is working on a roguelike game you can play if you want to. (It has free demo)
  • SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular
    That and the weekend as well.

That and the weekend as well.

Going mostly with this.

And midterms.

Steam profile
  • BaidolBaidol I will hold him off Escape while you canRegistered User regular
    Only suckers are still in school.

!sign up

Steam Overwatch: Baidol#1957