As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Internet WAR.

• XehalusXehalus Registered User regular
    if reddit gets shut down

I'd miss r/aww

but if this means the end of r/athiesm and r/morepedostalkerbullshit

then so be it

• gtrmpgtrmp Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    Don't forget reddit had cp and such reddits until only recently

Reddit is a massive shit hole
    "had" is probably optimistic

there are private subreddits (invite-only, password-protected, not viewable to non-members) that are completely unmonitored unless a site admin ever bothers to look in there, which doesn't ever happen unless the admins a) are given compelling reason to do so and b) actually bother to follow through

private subreddits were being used for trading actual cp when the jailbait subreddit was still up, and no doubt there are new private subreddits doing the exact same thing now

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Peccavi wrote: »
    Karl wrote: »
    The thing is, how do the mods on reddit not think the whole idea of taking photo's of women without their consent and publishing it on the internet isn't a massively bad idea.

What I'm saying is that they need a CT style of mod.

Yeah, I really appreciate the iron fist moderation here, compared to other forums I browse where mods are terrified of doing anything other than giving warnings, not even infractions.

Also that Amanda Todd story is the saddest thing I've read all week :(

Yeah I just googled that.

Horrific.

Especially that people knew she was depressed and egged her on to kill herself.

• PentaghostPentaghost Classification: NOT SO BAD The Southern OracleRegistered User regular
    I have never blessed it with my patronage, but some of these subreddits seem like the wild west of the internet to me.

• crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    uh no didn't you read the se++ forum description

this is the wild west

now just don't go callin anyone a bad name, buckaroo, or i'm reportin ya to the sheriff

crwth on
    EzUAYcn.png
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    i actually squealed when i saw the title and realized it was a rolothread

• MysstMysst King Monkey of Hedonism IslandRegistered User regular
    this forum is the wild west in that our sheriffs are outlaws that took up the badge, yes

ikbUJdU.jpg
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I browse r/funny pics on my phone when I poop

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Weaver wrote: »
    I browse r/funny pics on my phone when I poop

I browse here.

And when I'm in bed

ladies

pm me

• BrainleechBrainleech 機知に富んだコメントはここにあります Registered User regular
    Karl wrote: »
    Brainleech wrote: »
    What is a creep shot?

To my understanding, its taking a photo of an unsuspecting girl and then posting it on the internet without her consent.

Ok
    There is a guy I work with who does this and has some interesting equipment

I did not need to know there is stuff to take the pics off people's phones without them knowing

• Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    is there a reddit for big booty bitches

i'm gonna find one of these creepshot dudes and follow him around wearing nothing but a pair of assless chaps (please keep all assless chaps definitions to yourself)

and when i scope that he's about to take a creepshot i'm gonna stand in front of the lady

and bend over so he gets a nice shot of my good ass in a pair of chaps

EzUAYcn.png
  • BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Reddit's problem is that it sprang from Digg, and Digg sprang from Slashdot/Fark.

Slashdot and Digg were both tech-heavy social news sites, which attracts a subset of internet users that tend to have higher than average numbers of men, nerds, men's rights activists, libertarians, general neckbeards, and the pedo/creepo types that have come up today.

The social stances and cultural issues of the userbase wasn't such a big deal on Slashdot, where discussion topics have to approved and published by admins, who by and large stick to science and tech topics, and have a user moderation system that discourages off-topic posting.

Digg opened up their forum threads to any topic, and then had a user moderation system that allowed posts or threads to be voted up or down. This was initially a good way to promote stories that people felt were being lost or ignored by admins. Digg imploded a bit later, due to organized user abuse of the moderation system, certain articles being promoted by admins under a payola scheme, and a bad redesign.

Reddit captured most of Digg's userbase, along with a lot of the creepos, and they set the tone of the site for a long time. They still have a number of tech and science-related threads that contain good information, but there was no real moderation system in place. Given that the early userbase consisted overwhelmingly of men, and that social topics were open for debate, and that there were no bans on NSFW content, it wasn't very long before TRUEJAILBAITNSFW and the like became hugely popular topics. The site then exploded in popularity and the userbase swelled with a more general population of internet users, which expanded the scope of topics it covered greatly.

Brolo on
    edited October 2012
    I'm probably being a little unfair and overgeneralising in my description of those userbases.

Please preface any/all complaints with the introduction

"As a FARKer, I..."

Brolo on
  • ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    i'm gonna find one of these creepshot dudes and follow him around wearing nothing but a pair of assless chaps (please keep all assless chaps definitions to yourself)

and when i scope that he's about to take a creepshot i'm gonna stand in front of the lady

and bend over so he gets a nice shot of my good ass in a pair of chaps

r/crwthshots....

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    I went to a fark party once. It was super-awkward, so I had two drinks and left.

fun fact: from around 2000 until maybe a few days ago fark was my homepage

i stopped going to it years ago but i never got around to changing it from being my homepage

EzUAYcn.png
    about:blank

best homepage forever

remember when that young teen killed himself and 4channers swarmed his facebook to mock him and also called his parents

i stopped going to it years ago but i never got around to changing it from being my homepage

neopets is still my homepage on all my browsers even though i havent logged in since 2005

r/bigbootybitches
    r/bigtittybitches
    r/cornbreadeatinassfromthecitybitches

EzUAYcn.png
  • SwissLionSwissLion We are beside ourselves! Registered User regular
    My friend found Reddit a pretty good source of information and support for a chronic disease she was diagnosed with. I think there's something to be said for the model of everything has a very specific place where people can share experiences and build up this very concentrated and focussed knowledge base.

Even she acknowledged though that its value only held up if you avoided 97% of it like the plague.

ImWcN1I.png?3
    Weaver wrote: »
    about:blank

best homepage forever

http://my.msn.com/

nothing better than booting up IE6 in the morning and getting connected to the internet

r/bigbootybitches
    r/bigtittybitches
    r/cornbreadeatinassfromthecitybitches

g7uWe.png

gBVKH.png

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    1337DUD3
    GoodGuyAnusDestroyer

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
    me looking at booty MI9rs.gif

EzUAYcn.png
  • Sweeney TomSweeney Tom Registered User regular
    Is he a good guy who destroys anuses

Or does he destroy the anuses of good guys

• BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Or is he really good at destroying guy anus?

BusterK on
    Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    piratestreasurechest.jpg

u can look but u cant touch boys~

• ChimeraChimera Monster girl with a snek tail and five eyes Bad puns, that's how eye roll. Registered User regular
    Somehow I have been able to avoid both of these sites and their subsites and this will only make me stay as far away form them as possible. Internet drama is fun to watch for a good laugh though.

piratestreasurechest.jpg

why is it a mimic or something

EzUAYcn.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    piratestreasurechest.jpg

TexAvery.gif

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • satansfingerssatansfingers Registered User regular

neopets is still my homepage on all my browsers even though i havent logged in since 2005

never forget your roots

this was actually my first internet outside of kol and holy sht it still exists!!!

• Day of the BearDay of the Bear The Qun demandsRegistered User regular
    Is he a good guy who destroys anuses

Or does he destroy the anuses of good guys

Can't it be both

m6eoUgQ.jpg
  • BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    Chimera wrote: »
    Somehow I have been able to avoid both of these sites and their subsites and this will only make me stay as far away form them as possible. Internet drama is fun to watch for a good laugh though.
    This is exactly where I'm coming from
    The closest experience I've had with anything like this is when I stopped reading Village Voice affiliate Free Papers like L.A. Weekly and The Independent because despite their firm liberal stance on everything including their movie reviews, they still held firm their right to advertise prostitutes that sometimes turn out to be children being held against their will.

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
    this was actually my first internet outside of kol and holy sht it still exists!!!

BvhpN.png

jesus christ my eyes

• darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    Dis da creepshot thread?
    tumblr_lftlyqIMXV1qbgdqpo1_500.jpg

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
    Rolo wrote: »

k6Evd.png

ggggggafddsa gdfh hgfjg jkhk

This discussion has been closed.