As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Internet WAR.

• Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular
    I vomit bacon cheesburgers

• Options
    BroloBrolo Broseidon Lord of the BroceanRegistered User regular
    Peen wrote: »
    I vomit bacon cheesburgers

pXe6L.jpg

• Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I was excited because I finally thought President Obama would sack up and annihilate the internet

I should have buried that hope when he made a reddit account

-Tal on
    PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    darklite_xdarklite_x I'm not an r-tard... Registered User regular
    I bet you're regretting not voting Ron Paul right about now, -Tal.

Steam ID: darklite_x Xbox Gamertag: Darklite 37 PSN:Rage_Kage_37 Battle.Net:darklite#2197
  • Options
    Clint EastwoodClint Eastwood My baby's in there someplace She crawled right inRegistered User regular
    Afroman is coming to my town next wednesday

i don't think i can overstate how hyped i am for the afroman gig

• Options
    FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRlw83ipOfw

leaving this here

i just failed a test and felt like absolute shit until i realized, i'm not one of these people

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    UnbrokenEvaUnbrokenEva HIGH ON THE WIRE BUT I WON'T TRIP ITRegistered User regular
    just... having SWAG spelled out in sparkly silver font with light bouncy guitar plucking is the funniest thing I've seein all day

• Options
    reddit is a hive of scum and villainy

the sort of place where a girl posts a picture of her with gabe newell and within hours there are hacked nude pictures of her when she was 16 leaked because being a girl and existing means you're an attention whore

i read the front page sometimes but usually bypass the site entirely and just go to imgur, because i would say the ratio of sane to horrible comments on reddit is like 1:5

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    -Tal wrote: »
    I was excited because I finally thought President Obama would sack up and annihilate the internet

I should have buried that hope when he made a reddit account
    I too was a more than a little discouraged by his posts in r/bigbootybitches
    Until I found out that was just Bill Clinton posting under his account

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    darklite_x wrote: »
    I bet you're regretting not voting Ron Paul right about now, -Tal.

but reddit loves ron paul more than anything

tR1w6.png

http://www.reddit.com/r/R3VOLUTION/

• Options
    Fandyien wrote: »
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRlw83ipOfw

leaving this here

i just failed a test and felt like absolute shit until i realized, i'm not one of these people

just remember that there's always a new rock bottom waiting for you somewhere

• Options
    mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    personally i find it preeetty fucking funny that the denizens of this particular forum can soundly decry the amanda todd cyberbullies and then turn right back around to cyberbully bronies. real nice, guys

mensch-o-matic on
  • Options
    personally i find it preeetty fucking funny that the denizens of this particular forum can soundly decry the amanda todd cyberbullies and then turn right back around to cyberbully bronies. real nice, guys

lol
    6frVs.jpg

i'm aware this is a parody but it's close enough to the real thing

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    PeenPeen Registered User regular

Nope, not the same. We're saying those guys are pathetic and need age appropriate hobbies. We're not saying that they should kill themselves. Nobody should die a brony.

• Options

Nope, not the same. We're saying those guys are pathetic and need age appropriate hobbies. We're not saying that they should kill themselves. Nobody should die a brony.

i was born a brony and I will die a brony

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Moderation in fandom is good

moderation in taking creepy pictures? still not good!

• Options
    agoajagoaj Top Tier One FearRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Bury me with my pony
    fbopengraph.png

agoaj on
    ujav5b9gwj1s.png
  • Options
    Rolo wrote: »

i was born a brony and I will die a brony

better to reign in hell than serve in heaven....

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    We are not nearly as bad as many other forums, but this place still has a way to go on the "don't be a dick" front.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    -Tal-Tal Registered User regular

We're not saying that they should kill themselves.

speak for yourself

making people kill themselves because I don't like their hobbies are some of the proudest accomplishments of my life

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Options
    The Geek wrote: »
    We are not nearly as bad as many other forums, but this place still has a way to go on the "don't be a dick" front.

this place is a bastion of relative sanity compared to more major message boards

we don't truck with misogyny or bigotry or any of the general bullshit that tends to infest nerddom and that is a relief to me

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    BucketmanBucketman Call me SkraggRegistered User regular

I feel like SE has taken leaps and bounds in improving in the last few years

• Options
    WeedLordVegetaWeedLordVegeta Registered User regular
    Tal has a long way to go before he makes me want to kill myself

maybe if he made more posts like @Huntera

• Options
    PeccaviPeccavi Registered User regular
    If people from this forum are hunting down bronies irl; sending photos/videos to employers, friends, and families, and doing everything in their power to make someones life a living hell; then they are a shitlord and I would despise them as much as the people that bullied Amanda Jones. While I feel awkward whenever this forum rags on a new poster that hasn't assimilated, or when this forum collectively attacks a certain subculture, there is a huge difference between that and the bullying that led to these unfortunate and completely unnecessary deaths. The victim can always disengage and move on to other social circles, the only consequence that they can't hang out on our minuscule, insignificant forum. It's the people that continue to hound those people after they try to disengage, just to inflict as much suffering as possible, that are the utter scum of the internet.

• Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

I'm not sure if you're serious, but I haven't really seen any actual bullying of bronies around here that approaches what one would typically classify as bullying. Yes, we joke and complain about them and we'll tease someone who's a brony. I haven't seen a pattern of us stalking someone who identifies as a brony, posting nude pictures we dug up of them, publishing their address and phone number, or sending threatening snail mail to their homes.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I know Penny Arcade has DnD and we casually brush it aside, and I imagine lots of websites do it to their outliers (I know I set up my tumblr dashboard specifically to avoid the stuff of legend on that site)

But goddamn you'd think even redditors would be capable of drawing a line at the shit they let slip

Mortal Sky on
  • Options
    SolarSolar Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    To be honest, people who rag on bronies all the time annoy me more than bronies

mostly because they bring that shit up whenever as opposed to bronies who tend to talk about that show between each other

also the world can be a very miserable and crap place and if someone finds that a kids tv show makes them happier then fuck it, whatever makes you feel good dude

that's not to say that the paedophilia and so on that is (supposedly) a part of the rest of it is any way acceptable

but a guy I knew for years and considered a friend was only recently sent to prison for raping an underage girl

we shared a few hobbies (wargaming, mostly) and I wouldn't want to get lumped in with him because of that

Solar on
  • Options
    that was a joke post you guys

• Options
    HeadCreepsHeadCreeps NOW IS THE TIME FOR DRINKING! Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    Marry me with my pony
    fbopengraph.png

vEaRQgH.png
  • Options
    is it okay to rag on bronies sometimes, when it's topical, because i was reading about some bronies using coming out day as an excuse to conflate lgbt issues and watching children's shows

basically nobody gives a shit what show you enjoy so long as you ain't a weirdo about it

reposig.jpg
  • Options
    BusterKBusterK Negativity is Boring Cynicism is Cowardice Registered User regular
    So hunting bronies is out
    What about hunting on bronies
    Like riding on their backs while hunting other things?

Visit http://www.cruzflores.com for all your Cruz Flores needs. Also listen to the podcast I do with Penguin Incarnate http://wgsgshow.podomatic.com
    Amazon Wishlist: http://www.amazon.com/BusterK/wishlist/3JPEKJGX9G54I/ref=cm_wl_search_bin_1
  • Options
    It's time for me to move to the next level. Vegeta knows it, too. Through my dreams, I could hear him speaking what I had also felt, that there is a level beyond that of a super internet irony... And I will rise to claim it.

• Options
    The GeekThe Geek Oh-Two Crew, Omeganaut Registered User, ClubPA regular
    This is not directly related, but kinda.

One thing I have a hard time comprehending is that there are some people from groups that have been descriminated against turning around and doing it to others.

Like a woman being racist, or a black person being homophobic, or a gay person being transphobic.

BLM - ACAB
  • Options
    DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    that was a joke post you guys

I'm sorry I ever doubted you, menschu

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Options
    Being a victim doesn't give you nobility
    Nor does it make you correct about anything

• Options
    LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    Bucketman wrote: »

I feel like SE has taken leaps and bounds in improving in the last few years

gtfo n00bs

iwantanswers3.png
  • Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    mensch fights for the bronies

EzUAYcn.png
  • Options
    HunteraHuntera Rude Boy Registered User regular
    Hullis wrote: »
    Tal has a long way to go before he makes me want to kill myself

maybe if he made more posts like @Huntera

Is this what ego searching in reverse looks like?

• Options
    AbracadanielAbracadaniel Registered User regular
    crwth wrote: »
    mensch fights for the bronies
    I know it's a Tron reference, but it made me imagine Rorschach with a cutie mark on his mask.

So

Thanks for that, c r w t h.

• Options
    crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    np

EzUAYcn.png
This discussion has been closed.