As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PA Comic] Friday, October 12, 2012 - No Quarter

GethGeth LegionPerseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
edited October 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

• Options
    SmrtnikSmrtnik job boli zub Registered User regular
    Ok, I actually really did laugh out loud on this one.

steam_sig.png
  • Options
    Groosenat0rGroosenat0r http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy70Z6x00TM SkyloftRegistered User regular
  • Options
    godmodegodmode Southeast JapanRegistered User regular
    I'm guessing this is an X-Com reference, right?

I'm not even sure, but it's still hilarious.

• Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    hahahaha, yes.

• Options
    FiendishrabbitFiendishrabbit Registered User regular
    godmode wrote: »
    I'm guessing this is an X-Com reference, right?

I'm not even sure, but it's still hilarious.

Yes. It's a guy in standard armor with a laser sniper rifle.
    Wielded by a good sniper it takes down pretty much anything in one shot.

"The western world sips from a poisonous cocktail: Polarisation, populism, protectionism and post-truth"
    -Antje Jackelén, Archbishop of the Church of Sweden
  • Options
    Sgt.Big_BubbaloolaSgt.Big_Bubbaloola That's Mr to you! Everywhere man....Registered User regular
    This strip, today, is the best one for a longtime. I did laugh out loud.

Well gosh, I suppose I might as well settle in for a nice cuppa ...... this is gonna be good!
  • Options
    LucascraftLucascraft Registered User regular
    I was confused. I thought that guy looked like the default generic male Commander Shepard and I was wondering why they would be drawing a Mass Effect comic. X-Com makes way more sense.

• Options
    JormungandrJormungandr Registered User regular
    I love the dot on E.T.'s forehead in the second panel. :)

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I was confused for some time... and then I suddenly remembered X-Com and then it was hilarious.

• Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    hahahhaha wonderful.

• Options
    ApolloinApolloin Registered User regular
    A triumphant return to form.

• Options
    TaramoorTaramoor Storyteller Registered User regular
    The newspost makes me wonder what this comic would've looked like with Alf or Stitch in place of E.T.

• Options
    GriswoldGriswold that's rough, buddyRegistered User regular
    I need someone to explain this strip to me

FFXIV: Brick Shizzhouse - Zalera (Crystal)
    Path of Exile: snowcrash7
    MTG Arena: Snow_Crash#34179
    Battle.net: Snowcrash#1873
  • Options
    TychoCelchuuuTychoCelchuuu PIGEON Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Griswold wrote: »
    I need someone to explain this strip to me
    Paste this link into your address bar and go: steam://install/216690

TychoCelchuuu on
  • Options
    shoeboxjeddyshoeboxjeddy Registered User regular
    Taramoor wrote: »
    The newspost makes me wonder what this comic would've looked like with Alf or Stitch in place of E.T.

Well for one thing, Stitch would shoot back. And he can hold four guns at once...

• Options
    Black_HeartBlack_Heart Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I would love if they had done an alternate strip where in the first panel Alf is sitting on the couch making some sarcastic quip, then an Assault kicks in the door to the Tanner home and shotguns him in the face.

Black_Heart on
  • Options
    TheECPTheECP Registered User regular
    If you're confused about what their comic may be referring to, Jerry pretty much always explains it in his News post.

• Options
    fightinfilipinofightinfilipino Angry as Hell #BLMRegistered User regular
    it sounds like Jerry likes the new X-Com game. am i right in reading it this way?

ffNewSig.png
    steam | Dokkan: 868846562
  • Options
    Temporal ParadoxTemporal Paradox Registered User regular
    Hahahaha Bravo good sirs! Actually laughed aloud at this.

• Options
    DrascinDrascin Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Taramoor wrote: »

In honesty, if I went down in a terror mission and saw Stitch I'd just book it the fuck back to the Skyranger and pray the little bugger doesn't manage to catch anyone before we run the hell away.

If the alternative is THAT guy, Hawaii can go fend for itself, thank you very much.

Drascin on
    Steam ID: Right here.
  • Options
    Zoku GojiraZoku Gojira Monster IslandRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I would love if they had done an alternate strip where in the first panel Alf is sitting on the couch making a cat sandwich, then an Assault kicks in the door to the Tanner home and shotguns him in the face.

Fixed.

It'd be kind of inside, but inserting X-Com operatives in the last shot of the series would also play well with anyone who remembers how ALF ended.
    Drascin wrote: »
    In honesty, if I went down in a terror mission and saw Stitch I'd just book it the fuck back to the Skyranger and pray the little bugger doesn't manage to catch anyone before we run the hell away.

I can picture X-Com adopting Stitch as their mascot, like Slimer in The Real Ghostbusters only with a longer mean streak and a penchant for gleefully dismembering hostile aliens. Ohana means family, bitches.

Zoku Gojira on
    "Because things are the way they are, things will not stay the way they are." - Bertolt Brecht
  • Options
    KalTorakKalTorak One way or another, they all end up in the Undercity.Registered User regular
    Hadn't heard a thing about X-Com until I saw the... bizarrely generic ad spots. I thought it was another one of those ACRONYM SQUAD iOS FPSs, was pretty surprised to see it was a console game.

• Options
    Groosenat0rGroosenat0r http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Sy70Z6x00TM SkyloftRegistered User regular
    I would love if they had done an alternate strip where in the first panel Alf is sitting on the couch making some sarcastic quip, then an Assault kicks in the door to the Tanner home and shotguns him in the face.

212px-AlfGunpoint.png

• Options
    TarranonTarranon Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gt4FCoK4iQ

You guys need to leave Alf alone, hasn't he gone through enough already?

Tarranon on
    You could be anywhere
    On the black screen
  • Options
    RandomesqueRandomesque Registered User regular
    Tomato Tomarto.