As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Tabletop tournaments?

TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
edited July 2007 in PAX Archive
Are there going to be tabletop tournaments this year? I assume yes, but I haven't seen much of anything about them. Specifically I'm interested in War Machine, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, and Warhammer 40k.

TrainwreckX on

• randomguyrandomguy Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Are there going to be tabletop tournaments this year? I assume yes, but I haven't seen much of anything about them. Specifically I'm interested in War Machine, Warhammer Fantasy Battles, and Warhammer 40k.

are you high ? you posted in the Orkfest thread already.

randomguy on
    "i ate your babies princess."
  • JaidenJaiden Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Jaiden on
    [15:51] <+Snickers> Dur, I R CUM
    [10:24] * @BigRed-Worky cums the water

[12:32] <+prox> lawl you kickbanned me so hard my client crashed
  • DraknodredDraknodred Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MECHATON YEAH!!

:D

Draknodred on
  • Moe FwackyMoe Fwacky Right Here, Right Now Drives a BuickModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    Stickies usually bear some importance.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

• BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    Stickies usually bear some importance.

LIES!
    They never contain any useful info. They are set to sticky to be ignored.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • TrainwreckXTrainwreckX Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I knew about Orkfest, but I thought that was just being run by another member of the boards. Ok, let me rephrase my original question.

Will there be tournaments officially endorsed by the PAX staff for the winning of tickets and or prizes like there has been in past years? For example, the 40k in a flash tournament that has existed in past years.

And yes, I'm all about the tabletop stuff that people are posting on these boards, I'm just wondering about official tournaments. And I'm not interested in pencil and paper stuff, FYI.

TrainwreckX on
    edited July 2007
    As with your schedule thread, this is all the information there is on tabletop-related activity. When more info is announced, it will be put into the Events sticky.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

edited July 2007
    I know what you are saying, but I don't think it applies.

I have simply asked if these would exist. Read the very first sentence of my OP.

What times, and their details, don't matter as much to me right this second. Sure they would be nice, but I'm just interested to know if there will be any official miniatures tournaments, as opposed to just RPGs. I'll wait for an answer from the PAX staff or organizers on this one. I understand they are busy, but figure somebody will see this thread eventually.

TrainwreckX on
  • im.thatoneguyim.thatoneguy Registered User new member
    edited July 2007
    Moe_Fwacky wrote: »
    As with your schedule thread, this is all the information there is on tabletop-related activity. When more info is announced, it will be put into the Events sticky.

Translated:
    Pho_Fwacky wrote: »
    No fucking clue but I need to sound like I know what's going on in order to maintain my aura of importance and authority.

im.thatoneguy on
  • LigerLiger Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Patience is a virtue, grasshopper.

Liger on
    5932306549_6b4d957b56.jpg CUSTOM LANYARDS FOR PAX
    edited July 2007
    Right now, there are two primary places that information is being posted. One, is on the main PAX site. Two, is here. Regarding any and all tournaments, if they are announced, they will show up in the sticky that I posted earlier in this thread.

If they have not been announced yet, then the answer is "what has been posted is what we know." If there is more in the making that we do not know about yet, then the most that we will get now is a hint, and the official announcement will be made when the tournament is made official.

Jaiden on

edited July 2007
    If its not on the forums or pax site yet, then its not going to suddenly appear just because you ask.

Things are being worked out, they will be announced and posted in the info stickies when ready.

BigRed on
    edited July 2007
    Certainly I've only warranted a "yes" or "no" answer. I feel my question is being read in a much more complicated way.

TrainwreckX on
    edited July 2007
    Certainly I've only warranted a "yes" or "no" answer. I feel my question is being read in a much more complicated way.

I feel you (and evidently your friends) are making it more complicated than it is.

Easy answer.

Wait, things will be posted when they are ready.

BigRed on
    edited July 2007

Yes. The answer is yes.

Yes, there will be tabletop tournaments.

There.

Jaiden on

edited July 2007
    This thread has run it's course.

Moe Fwacky on
    E6LkoFK.png

This discussion has been closed.