As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Unofficial Forum Stylesheet - Ye Olde Style

• NerdgasmicNerdgasmic __BANNED USERS regular
    it doesn't work for me on firefox

• korodullinkorodullin What. SCRegistered User regular
    Yeah that thing has never worked, to my knowledge.

ZvOMJnu.png
    - The Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse (2017, colorized)
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Yeah it didn't work for me either.

• EndEnd Registered User regular
    Oh, are you guys talking about my user script?

Yeah, it doesn't seem to be working properly with firefox right now. But it works fine without the custom stylesheet enabled, which isn't much use.

I'll try to figure out what is going on.

I wish that someway, somehow, that I could save every one of us
    zaleiria-by-lexxy-sig.jpg
    Okay, I made it work in Firefox again, at the usual location.

Apparently I can't override a stylish css declaration from how I inject my css.

Also, the tooltip also isn't being sized correctly, but I'll worry about that later.

• Zilla360Zilla360 21st Century. |She/Her| Trans* Woman In Aviators Firing A Bazooka. ⚛️Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    @End You rock. Nice clean code too. :)

Zilla360 on
    |Ko-Fi Me! ☕😎|NH844lc.png | PSN | chi-logo-only-favicon.png(C.H.I) Ltd. |🏳️⚧️♥️
  • ASimPersonASimPerson Cold... and hard.Registered User regular
    Works for me now, thanks!

• ronyaronya Arrrrrf. the ivory tower's basementRegistered User regular
    What would be the code to permanently adapt Ye Olde Style to show the reactions again? I've tried fiddling with the CSS but I can only get them to show up stacked atop each other in a jumble.

aRkpc.gif
    bueller, bueller

.ReactMenu, .ReactSprite, some other stuff? What does Ye Olde Style hide? It's a little cryptic...

aRkpc.gif
    edited October 2012
    Alright:
    @namespace url(http://www.w3.org/1999/xhtml);

@-moz-document domain("forums.penny-arcade.com") {

/* fix horizontal scroll */
    	#Frame {
    		overflow:visible !important;
    	}
    	#Definitions {
    		clear:both !important;
    		display:block !important;
    	}
    	div.Message {
    	}

/* acronym tags */
    	.bbcode_acronym {
    		border-bottom: 1px dotted white !important;
    		cursor: help;
    	}
    	.bbcode_acronym .bbcode_smiley {
    		border-bottom: 1px dotted white !important;
    		cursor: auto;
    	}

/* overflow long names */
    	td.Author > div {
    		width:auto !important;
    	}
    	td.Author {
    	}

/* hr tags */
    	hr.bbcode_rule {
    		border-color:white !important;
    		border-width:1px 0 0 0 !important;
    	}

/* restore reaction record */
    	.PhotoWrapSmall{
    		display:inline !important;
    	}
    	.ReactSprite {
    	}
    	.RecordReactions + .Reactions, .Reactions{
    		margin-top: 10px !important;
    	}
    	.RecordReactions {
    		display: block !important;
    	}
    	.UserReactionWrap .ReactSprite {
    		bottom: 0px !important;
    		position: absolute !important;
    		right: 0px !important;
    	}

}

It also restores the small user avatars on topic lists.

ronya on
    aRkpc.gif
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    What do I do with what you just posted to make the avatars pop up on topics like you said? I just want that feature. Copy and paste it somewhere?

uyvfOQy.png
    	.PhotoWrapSmall{
    	}

should be the relevant bit, although I haven't tested it out.

Create a new custom style sheet in Stylish and paste that in for forums.penny-arcade.com, I guess.

aRkpc.gif
  • ReynoldsReynolds Gone Fishin'Registered User regular
    That worked, thanks.

Although now I remember that the Bookmarks page is busted and doesn't display all the information the individual forum pages do. So that edit winds up not helping where I needed it most. Oh well!

uyvfOQy.png
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    The style sheet does this with short posts in Chrome:

wUy5v.png

And when I hover near the upper avatar, it does this:

mC5z8.png

Edit: It looks like this is only happening with the first post in a thread.

Thanatos on
  • naporeonnaporeon Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

wUy5v.png

mC5z8.png

Also, this is a new development. It seems like it's only been doing it for a week or two at most.

edited November 2012
    End wrote: »
    Okay, I made it work in Firefox again, at the usual location.

Apparently I can't override a stylish css declaration from how I inject my css.

Also, the tooltip also isn't being sized correctly, but I'll worry about that later.

So I said I'd worry about it later, and eventually I did.

The tooltips are sized manually now so they don't get sized weirdly, and as a bonus, they also get wider if there's a lot of reacts. They also try to not to go off screen (which I thought was something jqueryui's .position() would do, but it wasn't working in this case).

The user script continues to be at the usual location.

End on
  • UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Might be a stupid question, but how do I go about using that in Chrome?

edit: Nevermind, got it to work! Thanks a ton! Looks great!

UEAKCrash on
    Open the extensions options window (Menu->Tools->Extensions), and then drag and drop the user script onto the extensions page. Right before you release, it should say something like "Drop to Install".

Yeah, they made it more annoying for "your protection".

Alternately, a user script manager like tampermonkey might make it easier as well, but I haven't tried it myself.

• UEAKCrashUEAKCrash heh Registered User regular
    I used the drag and drop method. Worked perfectly.

• ArthilArthil Registered User regular
    Okay seriously, the fuck? Big ass obnoxious white bar going across the top of my screen. There's no reason that couldn't have been put at the bottom. Hopefully whenever @Suriko gets around to fixing it, he'll also put it at the bottom if possible.

PSN: Honishimo Steam UPlay: Arthil
  • skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    edited November 2012
    I'm not at home so I can't see for myself, but is it on the subforum pages? I know that they added an area that lists forum moderators at the top.

Edit: Or at least it was there. Looks gone now.

skeldare on
    Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    Arthil wrote: »
    Okay seriously, the fuck? Big ass obnoxious white bar going across the top of my screen. There's no reason that couldn't have been put at the bottom. Hopefully whenever @Suriko gets around to fixing it, he'll also put it at the bottom if possible.

Oh calm down.

• HenroidHenroid Mexican kicked from Immigration Thread Centrism is Racism :3Registered User regular
    It's something that just came up new on the forum. A field that lists the mods for that subforum, complete with their current avatars.

• IcyLiquidIcyLiquid Two Steaks Montreal, QuebecAdministrator, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    skeldare wrote: »
    I'm not at home so I can't see for myself, but is it on the subforum pages? I know that they added an area that lists forum moderators at the top.

It's at the bottom now.

• skeldareskeldare Gresham, ORRegistered User regular
    IcyLiquid wrote: »
    skeldare wrote: »

It's at the bottom now.

So it is. :)

Nintendo Console Codes
    Switch (JeffConser): SW-3353-5433-5137 Wii U: Skeldare - 3DS: 1848-1663-9345
    PM Me if you add me!
    HAIL HYDRA
  • SurikoSuriko AustraliaRegistered User regular
  • kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    Henroid wrote: »
    It's something that just came up new on the forum. A field that lists the mods for that subforum, complete with their current avatars.

That's nice, it's something that's been lacking for a while.

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
  • TubeTube Registered User admin
    Arthil wrote: »

Quit being a dick.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    Apparently it's only me (darn!) but certain buttons are still black on blue (edit button, for example) and now I no longer have a white line separating signatures from posts. That may just be how the forums are now, though?

• EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Apparently it's only me (darn!) but certain buttons are still black on blue (edit button, for example) and now I no longer have a white line separating signatures from posts. That may just be how the forums are now, though?

Well, those things both look normal in Firefox with the latest style (the gear icon itself is supposed to be black-- not the text though), and allegedly the edit thing in Chrome was fixed in a previous version. Soooo I'm gonna guess that's not how the forums are. Aaaand I dunno why your browser be hatin'.

• Magus`Magus` The fun has been DOUBLED! Registered User regular
    edited November 2012
    Yeah.. not sure what gives. I'm done a complete uninstall and reinstall* of the style and I don't really run much else in the way of Chrome add-ons.

How strange.

*Do I need to uninstall it, close Chrome, and then open and reinstall it? Cause I'm not sure if I close Chrome.

*Tried it with closing Chrome and still nothing. (I install it by dragging the JS to my extensions 'window') Screenshot:

59294066.jpg

Also, when editing, the little white 'bar' that has the buttons for bold, italics, etc is missing.

Magus` on
  • EsseeEssee The pinkest of hair. Victoria, BCRegistered User regular
    Magus` wrote: »
    Also, when editing, the little white 'bar' that has the buttons for bold, italics, etc is missing.

Now THAT is a regular forum thing, actually. I don't think Suriko or anybody has ever tried to add that to the Edit function.

• SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    The christmas theme is here!

it could use a minor adjustment

• tuxkamentuxkamen really took this picture. Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    no that is how it is

however you are in luck
    I guess I will share a user script (aka greasemonkey) I wrote here, since anyone hiding the user reaction icons might find it useful, and that is something Ye Olde Style does. What it does is show who reacted to a post when you mouseover the reaction buttons. Specifically, it creates a tooltip that looks like this:

8Alh8.jpg

Obviously it'd be a blue background if you're using ye olde style, which I have tested it with. So far I've only tested it with Chrome, although I expect it will work with greasemonkey under firefox as well. It'll probably work even if you're not hiding the user reaction icons although I don't know why you'd care if that was the case.

Additionally, the tooltip should stay up if you mouseover it so you can get the user info tooltip.

Here's a download link:
    http://hg.cornhooves.org/userjs/raw-file/tip/paforums/pa-react-mouseover.user.js

At some point I might make the tooltip look a bit nicer, but I thought I'd see if people think it is useful or not. If you try it out, let me know what you think, and whether it works or not.

It was the cutest thing to have, as my first test of this on your post, a happy little tugboat.

Games: Ad Astra Per Phalla | Choose Your Own Phalla
    Thus, the others all die before tuxkamen dies to the vote. Hence, tuxkamen survives, village victory.
    3DS: 2406-5451-5770
  • TaminTamin Registered User regular
    Thanatos wrote: »

[img]http://i.img ur.com/wUy5v.png[/img]

[img]http://i.im gur.com/mC5z8.png[/img]

This seems to still be occurring. Short post, first post in a thread. Using Opera 12.10, though, not Chrome. Figured I'd mention it.

• WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    Seriously wrote: »
    The christmas theme is here!

it could use a minor adjustment

Yes, please adjust the snow, it's hanging way off to the right.

• TheCanManTheCanMan GT: Gasman122009 JerseyRegistered User regular
    Suriko wrote: »
    Updated, holiday decorations are fixed.

Could you be kind enough to post the specific code for moving the snow? I tried scanning through your code but began going cross-eyed about halfway through.

edited November 2012
    TheCanMan wrote: »
    Suriko wrote: »
    Updated, holiday decorations are fixed.

Could you be kind enough to post the specific code for moving the snow? I tried scanning through your code but began going cross-eyed about halfway through.

grinch_l.jpg

Robot Santa, gently encourage this lost soul to increase their christmas cheer

IcyLiquid on
  • GethGeth Legion Perseus VeilRegistered User, Moderator, Penny Arcade Staff, Vanilla Staff vanilla
    You cannot negotiate with me. I do not share your pity, remorse, or fear, TheCanMan.
    this lost soul to increase their christmas cheer