As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

[PATV] Monday, October 15, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 24: Trouble on the Farm

DogDog Registered User, Administrator, Vanilla Staff admin
edited October 2012 in The Penny Arcade Hub

image[PATV] Monday, October 15, 2012 - CheckPoint Season 2, Ep. 24: Trouble on the Farm

Zynga is doing so poorly, they might be better off if they didn't exist.

Read the full story here

Dog on

• Options
    AnTyxAnTyx Registered User regular
    TECHNO NAVEL SHOT FTW! :D

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    I hope this doesn't turn into another one of those threads.

Anyway, is it bad that I'm sharing in the perverse pleasure of Zynga reaping what they've been sowing?

No. No it's not.

• Options
    Badasaurus RexBadasaurus Rex Registered User new member
    Master Chief is a ginger. Revenge from all of the ginger nerds who got teased at school and grew up to run stuffs.

• Options
    poeticmatterpoeticmatter Registered User regular
    No mention of the biggest eSports event to date?

• Options
    renegade101renegade101 Registered User new member
    Do you always keep that mickey in your pocket? :D

• Options
    Ratstail91Ratstail91 Registered User regular
    OMG Kathleen's belly!

• Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    ah zynga, perhaps their demise is the harbinger of the fall of facebook

the thing about their fall is the executives and their scummy spammer ceo made piles of money, so even if they go away you can expect imitators for years, siphoning off the casual gaming dollar

but that is nothing new, shovelware has been around since gaming first existed

also the zinger at the end about star wars was gold, IMO angry birds is slumming it or even worse taking pity on the star wars IP

• Options
    jackaljackal Fuck Yes. That is an orderly anal warehouse. Registered User regular
    Six balloons? You call six balloons a celebration why I ought to.... oh shots. We cool.

• Options
    rcattrcatt Registered User regular
    Solid episode. Good job on the prognostication!

• Options
    ShadowenShadowen Snores in the morning LoserdomRegistered User regular
    Is...was...when Graham was discussing seizure warnings, were there some green flickering frames inserted?

• Options
    rembrandtqeinsteinrembrandtqeinstein Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I also saw the green frames and thought my video player was acting up

rembrandtqeinstein on
  • Options
    SelanSelan Registered User new member
    I think Graham's name should come come before Kathleen's in the opening credits. I think he wants it more and it's good to shake things up abit!

• Options
    marauderzmymarauderzmy Registered User new member
    In my XBOX360 RE6 manual it does mention about the speed mixing of herbs (RB + X) though it's unclear about how it works. And also setting targets for your partner (LT + B) So which manual were you guys reading that didn't mention it?

• Options
    DevantDevant Registered User regular
    So, saying seizure warning, apparently counts as a seizure warning?

• Options
    UndeadpoolUndeadpool Registered User regular
    My RE6 360 game didn't include a manual. Like...at all...the copyright and warnings were just on the inside cover of the shell.

• Options
    Commander ZoomCommander Zoom Registered User regular
    the "OMG LADYPARTS" comments in this and the previous thread make me think that today's comic is both apt and well-timed.

• Options
    z121231211z121231211 Registered User new member
    "It cries of desperation, though frankly I can't tell which of the two is slumming it the most." -Yahtzee, 2008

Between Star Wars and Soul Calibur

• Options
    OverEZOverEZ Registered User new member
    First I saw Graham's pale belly on Loading Ready Run then minutes later I see Kathleen's pale belly here. Is it "show your belly week" for the LLR crew or just a tragic coincidence? Either way, get some sun guys.

• Options
    TuskusTuskus Registered User regular
    A bunch of game developers from companies that were bought out by Zynga are going to be out of a job. That sure is funny.

• Options
    PinPrickNachoMancyPinPrickNachoMancy Registered User regular
    What is with the flickering green crap like 1:30 or so in?

• Options
    PinPrickNachoMancyPinPrickNachoMancy Registered User regular
    Do not listen to OverEZ. Pale bellies are the best bellies. The sun is your enemy.

• Options
    thenameless685thenameless685 Registered User regular
    Yeah i prefer pale looking girls over taned ones

• Options
    faitsfaits a panda eating cake seattleRegistered User regular
    My copy of RE6 didn't include a manual either. The little clips inside the case were being used, but it was to hold an advertisement for resident evil: damnation (now available on blu ray and dvd!)

The herb mixing thing is a tooltip that can show up on loading screens, but this is the first I've heard about laying down to recover stamina faster.

faits.png
  • Options
    MygafferMygaffer Registered User regular
    What was up with the flashes of green?

• Options
    Blackie62Blackie62 Registered User regular
    OverEZ wrote: »
    First I saw Graham's pale belly on Loading Ready Run then minutes later I see Kathleen's pale belly here. Is it "show your belly week" for the LLR crew or just a tragic coincidence? Either way, get some sun guys.

They're Canadian, they aren't on speaking terms with the sun.

• Options
    ran88dom99ran88dom99 Registered User regular
    Tuskus wrote: »
    A bunch of game developers from companies that were bought out by Zynga are going to be out of a job. That sure is funny.
    Can you say kickstarter?

• Options
    VaregaVarega Registered User regular
    Good episode. Sucks for the companies that were bought out by Zynga, hopefully they can find new jobs.

League of Legends:Varega
  • Options
    wwwmcfarwwwmcfar Registered User new member
    Who else is incredibly turned on by Kathleen’s bare midriff at the end?

• Options
    AltarboyAltarboy Registered User new member
    So I could buy a majority share of Zynga, sell the hard assets at a profit, and rid Facebook of annoying little games?
    I just don't have the moral flexibility to do it, Objectivism fails me.

• Options
    DarkironDarkiron Registered User regular
    that midriff..

• Options
    telpscoreitelpscorei Registered User new member
    Wait... Master Chief is red haired, blue eyed, with fading freckles? Did anyone else suddenly picture Walter Kovacs underneath the helmet?

• Options
    telpscoreitelpscorei Registered User new member
    Wait... Master Chief is red haired, blue eyed, with fading freckles? Did anyone else suddenly picture Walter Kovacs underneath the helmet?

• Options
    MydnyghtZMydnyghtZ Registered User new member
    So what about the 6 balloons, jackal? At least this time, they were still inflated. And no spiders, too!

• Options
    TubeTube Registered User admin
    wwwmcfar wrote: »
    Who else is incredibly turned on by Kathleen’s bare midriff at the end?

You can keep this kind of creepy bullshit to yourself in future.

• Options
    SaredSared Registered User regular
    Laughed good and hard at the ending; good timing and delivery!

• Options
    lordlundarlordlundar Registered User regular
    Blackie62 wrote: »
    OverEZ wrote: »

They're Canadian, they aren't on speaking terms with the sun.

As a Canadian and one sick of all the crappy Canadian stereotypes...
    I laughed hard with this one.

• Options
    DedwrekkaDedwrekka Metal Hell adjacentRegistered User regular
    This comment thread is why this (http://xkcd.com/322/) needs to be a real thing.

• Options
    likalarukulikalaruku Registered User regular
    I think I have a gay crush on Kathleen.

I play Zynga games once in a while when I'm bored with MMOs, Minecraft, & pricey single player games. They're pleasantly addictive for a full week while other Facebook games get boring in 2 days. They're just incompetent on the business end. They can improve other people's games, but they seem to have a problem with kleptomania. Not buying cash items doesn't effect gameplay, but it does drain the wallets of people with obsessive compulsive collecting & hoarding.

• Options
    likalarukulikalaruku Registered User regular
    Do we really need to hate on casual games? They're aimed at jobless middle-aged housewives who are too inept to work outside the home.

• Options
    FalxFalx Registered User regular
    likalaruku wrote: »
    Do we really need to hate on casual games? They're aimed at jobless middle-aged housewives who are too inept to work outside the home.

We love casual games.

Zynga however, sucks like woah.