As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

2013 BYOC Information

VapokVapok Just a Guy.BostonRegistered User regular
edited March 2013 in PAX East
BYOC Twitter Feed: @BYOC_East (note that this changed!)
Registration Status: SOLD OUT!
Registration Notice: BYOC Badges Have Not Been Mailed Out with Your 3-Day Badge.

Group Seating Update - 3/15/2013
There has been ANOTHER change to the Table Layout for BYOC. Group Seating has automatically been modified. Please email us, if the changes made by us are not desired by your group. The changes basically revert back to the original layout, with new letters, new numbers, and 1 more seat at each row.

For background info, we had to change from 8 foot tables to 6 foot table without affecting switch placements.

BCEC Load-In Map
bcec-byoc-drop-off-2013.jpg

BYOC Badge Update - 3/8/2013
Badges are being mailed out TODAY for BYOC! You should have them in a few days.

In the event, that you do not receive your BYOC badge(s) in time for PAX, make sure to bring your emailed purchase receipt and photo identification with you. Go to Registration/Will Call on either Thursday before PAX, or first thing Friday morning. If you have to pick up your badge at the event (for any reason), and can't make it to Will Call on Thursday, Follow the Load-In Instructions in the BYOC Mailer. There will be a "PC Coat Check" available that you can securely leave your stuff at while you go to North Lobby to get your BYOC Badge.

S7ARBUCK SAYS!
Lei_East.jpg
s7arbuck wrote: »
Hey all!!

For those concerned about the games of BYOC the list is subject to change. But right now it looks a little like this.

Friday:
Starcraft 2: Heart of the Swarm (Early Afternoon)
Artemis (evening)

Saturday:
Counter Strike: GO (Early Afternoon)
DOTA2 (Late Afternoon/evening)

Sunday:
Team Fortress 2 (morning/noon)
Shadow run (Early Afternoon)

There are obviously games that do not actually involve your computers (because, really. Who wants to be on a Computer in BYOC?) But we are not ready to announce that stuff just yet.
EVERYONE SAY HI TO S7ARBUCK!
s7arbuck wrote: »
Hey there everybody

I know I haven't really been on the Forums for well… quite some time. But I want that all to change!
I am going to be the new BYOC Contest Coordinator!
Some things about me:

I used to Manage Line Entertainment (you might have met me like this
Lei_East.jpg
I used to attend BYOC back in the day.
I like things like TF2, Minecraft, and long walks on the beach.

I have some things planned for all you BYOC people to enjoy, so I hope we will have a good time this PAX East.

Now for other news!!

Group Seating is officially LIVE!
if your party is of 6 or more you can put in your request to:
pax_pc at penny-arcade dot com

For anything else, feel free to email me whatever you want at:
S7arbuck at gmail dot com

BYOC Information Mailer
includes errata
Hello BYOC registrants! PAX East is now only days away, and the following information should help to make sure your BYOC festivities go smoothly. If you have any questions, please let us know in the PAX Forum, Message us at our unofficial twitter account @BYOC_East, or respond to us at pax_pc@paxsite.com. The main PAX East Penny Arcade Forum can be found athttp://forums.penny-arcade.com/categories/pax-east ,
The BYOC thread for PAX East 2013, including this email is at http://tinyurl.com/East2013BYOC

--- Basic LAN Party Information ---
If you've never been to a LAN party, be sure to bring the following equipment:

BYOC barcode that you were emailed and printed out (from the Intel LAN Fest site) (if you don't have it yet, don't sweat, they should be out by the end of the week prior to PAX East)
Photo ID (You will need this to pick up your BYOC Badge)

BYOC Badge (That was mailed)
3 day PAX pass
Computer
Monitor (Please no bigger than 24" LCD or 21" CRT... hopefully everyone has moved onto LCD by now)
Keyboard
Mouse (we recommend wired, just to avoid any potential interference)
Mouse pad
Ethernet cable (20 feet should be sufficient, but it's better to have longer than shorter).
Power cables
Headphones
Games CDs/DVDs, Windows CD, and backups for other programs you may need to install/reinstall.

We suggest printing off this list checking each item as you pack it. If you end up forgetting something, talk to an Enforcer and we might be able to hook you up. If we can't, Staples is about a mile away:

Staples
83 Summer Street
Boston, MA 02110

Please update/patch your games before coming to PAX East. This includes updating Steam, Impulse, Origin, and such. You will have access to the Internet while at PAX East, but the more time you spend doing something you could have done at home, the less time you'll spend having fun. Plus we have limited bandwidth. The first day’s connection is always bogged down with all of this, so help us keep the connection speedy and update these at home.

It is also mandatory that you run virus protection on your computer before connecting it to our network. Any computers that are found with a virus will be immediately disconnected from the network until the matter is resolved.

--- PAX East BYOC Location --
Lots of updates can be found on the BYOC forum thread (referenced at the start of the email), along with handy loading/unloading info. BYOC is located in Level 0 / Expo Hall B2 on the West side of the building.

--- PAX East Badge Registration and Pick Up (Is No More)--
Ordinarily, BYOC badges are mailed out with your 3 Day Badge. For PAX East 2013, they were mailed out separately. Should you have questions or issues with this, please contact registration@paxsite.com or visit the Registration Desk/Will Call located in the North Lobby of the BCEC.

--- Unloading on Friday of PAX ---
If you're travelling by car, pull in to the Westin/BCEC area at the base of the giant media wall. Follow this road (West Side Drive) all the way past the building, and down and back up the ramp. Keep following the road until you get to Level 1 Southwest. This will be the first glass vestibule you come to on your right hand side.

We will have signs posted where the load-in area will be and there will be a security station there that can hold your equipment for you while you park your car.

For those of you staying at the Westin, you've got a bit of a walk...sorry about that! Go straight from the skybridge connecting the Westin and the BCEC and down the escalator. Keep going the same direction through North Lobby and around the Northwest corner of the building. Keep following the hallway until you get to "Southwest Lobby B2". This will be the second lobby you come to, just past the food court. From there you can make use of either the escalator or elevator down to the PC Room level (Level 0).

The PAX East BYOC schedule is as follows:

Friday: 8:00am - 1:30am
Saturday: 10:00am - 1:30am
Sunday: 10:00am - 6:30pm

Note that BYOC opens at 8:00am on Friday, two hours earlier than the rest of the show. Obviously that's pending our ability to make sure things are totally ready for you, but the idea is you'll be able to set up your rig with plenty of time to hop in the Expo Hall line so you can be among the first to explore it's riches.

If you have any PC related questions at all during PAX East, please see the BYOC Registration Desk (At the entrance of BYOC). If they're not able to provide a solution, they'll be able to direct you to the right people to get your problem solved. If you're in need of tech support, please see the help desk at the back of the BYOC room.

--- Security Information ---
Of course, there's more to do at PAX than just play PC games, and we want you to be able to go do all of these things secure in the knowledge that your computer and peripherals are safe and sound. To that end, we probably put a much higher emphasis on security than most other LAN parties. Before you enter the PAX East BYOC area, you will have to quickly register your computer and any monitor you're bringing into the computer area (you'll have to check them out as well). We've gone to great lengths to keep the security processes in check, and as such, please keep your BYOC badge as visible as possible when entering the room. If you have any security questions or issues, contact @Vapok, the Security Manager for the PC Room.

While we will make every attempt to keep all equipment in the room safe, be aware that there is little we can do to prevent ipods, portable game consoles, CD's, big wads of cash, and other small items from walking off. We strongly suggest you keep such items out of plain view and use some common sense when it comes to your own security. If you're coming with a laptop, we also strongly recommend you invest in a laptop lock particularly if you plan on leaving your laptop unaccompanied while you rock out to the concerts. If you don't know what kind to get, this might be a good start: http://amzn.to/NoLpaw

--- Tournament Information ---
Your Tournament Overlords this year will be @kmess and @codemaster.

All PC Tournament information can be found on the PAX forums, at this address:

http://tinyurl.com/East2013PCTournaments

--- BYOC Activities ---
Your BYOC camp counselor/activities director this year will be @S7arbuck. He'll be in charge of making sure you're having fun while you're sitting at your computer.

If you joined us in years past you'll be familiar with the BYOC activities we run. Unlike the tournaments, they're kept pretty casual and serve as a great way to have some quick fun and perhaps win some prizes along the way. Although they are generally exclusive to BYOC attendees, sometimes they will be using freeplay computers, particularly for events in games that not everyone may have. More information will be available at PAX East.

--- Sponsorship Information ---
PAX East BYOC 2013 has Intel Inside (literally) through LANFest. The room could not and would not exist without their support, so props to them!

LANFest sponsored by Intel
http://lanfest.intel.com

--- Intranet Information ---
Our intranet page will be at http://pax/ (The link won't work until you're on our network, of course!). Expect it to contain a Twitter feed among other social communication platforms along with Game server info, Schedule Info, and possibly some contest stuff!

--- Voice Chat Information ---
We will have a couple Ventrilo servers available for tournaments and public gaming. While we will have the client available on our file server, it is recommended that you download and install Ventrilo before you come to the event. You can download the client at http://www.ventrilo.com.

Game server address information will be available at PAX on the intranet site.

See you guys there!

Group Seating Information
GROUP SEATING IS LIVE!!!
Group Seating Registration Will Close 3/16/2013

Group Seating Requirements
  • Your party is considered a group if you have SIX or more people.
  • Your group must check-in to BYOC on Friday together.
  • Requests are taken on a first come, first serve basis.
To request group seating, email pax_pc@penny-arcade.com

BYOC Table Layout
Group Seating will be updated once per day, each morning.
new-byoc-group.png
  • RED - Reserved for Admin Use
  • BLUE - Group Seating Reserved
  • GREEN - Available Seats

Registered Groups
  • Admin Area: M1-16, N16
  • 8-bit Chips: T9-16
  • Team Tech Natis: F11-16
  • PAX IRC: H2-16
  • THE BUZZDOZERS: P1-15
  • ProTheory: J10-16
  • Dylan Grahlman & Co. : R11-16
  • League of Draven: E1-3,F1-4
  • The Fallbrawlers: O1-9
  • My Body Is Ready: N1-15
  • Kuiper Belt Rejects: E10-16

enforceruserbarsplitcro.png
Vapok
Vapok on

• VapokVapok Just a Guy. BostonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    BYOC FAQ

Q: What does B.Y.O.C. stand for?
    A: "Bring Your Own Computer" a dedicated, secure place within PAX that attendees who purchase the additional badge have the ability to bring their own computer into PAX and play with other PAX attendees! It's a gigantic LAN Party and a pretty awesome place to rest your feet when you get tired of walking around the convention!

Q: How do I purchase a BYOC Badge?
    A: Badges are being sold during the PAX East Registration phase when you purchase your 3-Day or Single Day Badges. There is no external site for BYOC Registration like there was last year, and BYOC badges will be mailed to you ahead of PAX just like your Attendee Badges.

Q: How many BYOC Spots are available?
    A: Approximately 300 seats

Q: BYOC is sold out and I didn't get a pass! Are passes set aside for later purchase? What about cancellations?
    A: We do not reserve any BYOC tickets for sale at a later date, so there are no additional tickets to be sold. If there are any cancellations, we may be able to, on an extremely limited basis, offer the cancelled tickets up for general purchase. Contact registration at paxsite dot com for specific inquiries.

Q: How much does BYOC cost?
    A: $35 in addition to your regular 3-Day PAX pass (or Single Day Passes, should you decide to do that).

Q: What time do you recommend (or require) people show up for BYOC check-in?
    A: Check in will start at 8:00 AM, 2 hours before PAX opening on Friday. I aim to have it all complete an hour before PAX opens, to give people an hour to get their stuff hooked up and ready.

Q: What hours does the BYOC run each day?
    A: Same hours as PAX. The room will have to be cleared at PAX closing. About 30min before closing there will be an in-room announcement to start wrapping up your games or whatever for the night before everyone gets kicked out at closing.

Q: Do I leave my stuff in the LAN the whole time?
    A: Yes. The room is guarded all during PAX and locked up at night. We are the first ones in and the last ones out. If you must take your stuff up (like a laptop) you need to check it out at the security desk as you leave and check it back in when you return.

Q: What games are typically played?
    A: Whatever is popular this year. TF2, LoL, COD4/5/6/7/etc, WoW, Starcraft 2, Portal 2, Monday Night Combat, L4D2, etc. If you want to play a game you can find others that are up for it as well.

Q: If I get a spot for the BYOC, I don't need to commit to being in there the whole time, right? Just when I feel like relaxing and playing some games with people?
    A: Correct, you aren't chained to your spot in BYOC. The majority of BYOC attendees are just there in-between the PAX events that they want to go see.

Q: Can I bring my 30+ something inch monitor/TV?
    A: No. The max monitor size is 27" due to power and space constraints.

Q: Can I bring my own chair?
    A: NO! The BCEC doesn't allow this. Please use the chairs provided.

Q: Can I bring a laptop with my desktop?
    A: Yes, as long as you stay within your 30" of table space. Although remember you only get one network port and two power ports per seat and you can't use your own power strips

Q: Can I bring a switch or my own power strip to increase that?
    A: NO! No outside networking devices are allowed. Any spotted will be removed.
    A: Daisy chaining power strips is a HUGE NO as well. Fire Marshall hates that so we need to enforce this pretty seriously. Sorry.

Q: Can I charge my iPhone, Android, iPad or other gadgets using power provided to my BYOC Seat?
    A: No, you are only given two power outlets for all of your stuff. If you need to charge your phone or other device, bring a USB cable.

Q: Do I need to bring a network cable?
    A: Yes. You will need a network cable to hook your computer up to the network switch at your table. Bring around a 25ft cable otherwise, depending where you are sitting, the switch may be out of your cables reach.

Q: Can I bring *insert friend/Girlfriend/spouse/random person here* in BYOC with me?
    A: No, Sorry. To ensure the security of everyone's personal equipment in a busy area such as PAX, only BYOC attendees are allowed into the BYOC room.

Q: Is there Internet in BYOC?
    A: Yes there will be, although it will be locked down to prevent things like torrenting and throttled so not one person can use up all the bandwidth.

Q: But... how am I supposed to get my computer there?
    A: Drive it! An alternate option which I have used to attend LANs that are far away, is to ship yourself your computer/monitor to your hotel you are staying at. If you call them and say you have a package coming they will hold it for you until you check-in. Just ship it back to yourself when PAX is over. There is a FedEx Office in the BCEC!

Q: Can I bring my xbox/playstation/nintendo console?
    A: Sorry, no consoles allowed in here. This is a PC LAN. You cant being a console in addition either, those things use up a lot of power.

Q: Can I Bring a cooler in for drinks/snacks?
    A: Yes but only small personal coolers /w no ice (use the frozen gelpacks). If it has more than one handle and/or wheels then it wont be allowed in (think lunch sized cooler).

Q: Can I email you my question?
    A: Yes! Feel free to email PC Questions to pax_pc at penny-arcade dot com

All information is subject to change as thats the nature of the convention beast.

Vapok on
    Vapok
  • flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    Will Red be at East this year??

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
    edited October 2012
    flatline wrote: »
    Will Red be at East this year??

In an Enforcer capacity, he has stepped down to focus on his recent promotion at work. As far as I know, that has not changed, but anything is possible, it's BigRed after all :).

The last time I heard which was around Oct 8th, he was unsure on whether he'd be at East at all though.

For the interim, I'm filling his shoes so that you guys get the information you need and nothing falls through the cracks. Specific to Contests, I have no information on who's doing them, but we have lots of BYOC contests this year and I promise that BYOC will be just as amazing!

BigRed will be missed, but he's due for some much needed rest!

Vapok on
    Vapok
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I am trying to attend PAXes in 2013/2014 but I am unable to work them. I went deeper into that on a post on G+. Friend me if you want to see.

Major contributing factor was I was offered a new position at work that came with a lot of zeros on the pay increase and couldnt pass that up.

I wont know if I am able to go to a PAX until the week of, due to work promotion. Regardless, I got a pass to east+byoc already and I am trying to work out a work trip to Boston since I have a store there. There is still a chance, even if its small, that ill be there to sit and game with everyone.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • JonoseelJonoseel Here Be Unicorns and Dragons Boston, MARegistered User regular
    edited February 2013
    I have 5 people in my group is that enough for group seating??

6 now

Jonoseel on
    Pax Eat Stuff: 3 Day Badges[]; BYOC Badge[]; A Roof to stay under[X]; A ride of some sort[].
    More information about group seating will come out at a later time. Historically it's usually been groups of 6 or more.

Vapok
  • Tichinde925Tichinde925 Registered User regular
    Another BYOC @ PAX East, yay!

• flatlineflatline Registered User regular
    BigRed wrote: »
    I am trying to attend PAXes in 2013/2014 but I am unable to work them. I went deeper into that on a post on G+. Friend me if you want to see.

Major contributing factor was I was offered a new position at work that came with a lot of zeros on the pay increase and couldnt pass that up.

I wont know if I am able to go to a PAX until the week of, due to work promotion. Regardless, I got a pass to east+byoc already and I am trying to work out a work trip to Boston since I have a store there. There is still a chance, even if its small, that ill be there to sit and game with everyone.

Since I can never make it to Prime, I end up going inactive on the forums for the 5 or 6 months following East. I had no idea, congrats Red (I don't have G+ so that's not an option)

Regardless, I've given you a PAX East Challenge Coin at the last two East's. If you want another one let me know.

East 2014 Status: Badge [ Friend got it ] Hotel [Crappy] BYOC [YES] Transport [ ] Name on Forum Badge [ ] Challenge Coin [ ]
  • BigRedBigRed Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    BigRed wrote: »

Since I can never make it to Prime, I end up going inactive on the forums for the 5 or 6 months following East. I had no idea, congrats Red (I don't have G+ so that's not an option)

Regardless, I've given you a PAX East Challenge Coin at the last two East's. If you want another one let me know.
    Well its a new development. Got the offer a week before PAX Prime, spent PAX talking to friends about it. Figuring out if I should take it or not (its kind of a drastic change). After I realized I was burnt out on trying to run PAX stuff the choice was easy.

BigRed on
    <MoeFwacky> besides, BigRed-Worky is right
  • Sleepy OneSleepy One Registered User regular
    Hey quick question; how close is the BYOC going to be in comparison to the Expo hall? In Seattle it used to be (not sure for the last few years) right next to the hall which was fantastic!

• zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Sleepy One wrote: »
    Hey quick question; how close is the BYOC going to be in comparison to the Expo hall? In Seattle it used to be (not sure for the last few years) right next to the hall which was fantastic!

Nobody knows yet. At East last year it was directly next to the expo hall, but that caused some problems. The exact location probably won't be known until Jan/Feb I am guessing.

• KhadourKhadour Dinosaur Cupcake Hillsboro, ORRegistered User regular
    I'm hoping that it is not on the expo floor again - that was miserable! SO loud during the expo, and acoustics were horrible for hearing any announcements . . .

Do unto others 20% better than you would expect them to do unto you, to correct for subjective error - Linus Pauling
    xWDsUaZ.png
    jswidget.php?username=cmdour&numitems=5&header=1&text=none&images=small&show=recentplays&imagesonly=1&imagepos=right&inline=1&domains%5B%5D=boardgame&imagewidget=1

• KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    Will there be a BYOC curb check again this year?
    (Asks the enforcer who manned it for check-in last year)

JfqWFk8.png
  • MalfeisMalfeis Protagonist. 2d10 hit die. Chaotic Neutral. Registered User regular
    I generally liked the setup last year, but being directly behind the Riot booth made things unpleasant at times. Having my spot so close to the floor was nice, but hopefully a better neighbor can be found...

And the network issues bummed a lot of people out, but that wasn't BYOC's fault.

PAX East 2015 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X] BYOC [X]
    As Zerzhul said, the location of the PC room isn't completely known yet. It's likely that we have approximately the same amount of space as last year, but where exactly isn't concrete. As we draw closer to to March we should be able to finalize this question.

As for curb side check-in, I am hoping that we have that same setup. Though the location of it will depend on the former.

Vapok
    The location from last PAX East allowed random spectators to see the beast PCs from the skywalk.

• mpizzimpizzi Registered User regular
    I had a horrific time last year at the BYOC due to the bandwidth being sucked up by Intel. Is the Internet Bandwidth going to be spread out a little better or is the BYOC getting its own connection? Almost all games now require online verification, a constant connection because it really sucks playing antiquated games on steam, only so much HL2 / TF2 you can deal with.

At least this year I can play Borderlands 2.

Mike

• mpizzimpizzi Registered User regular
    Yeah i also want to comment about the location, It was so go dam loud even with the volume cranked on you PC and headphones i still couldnt hear a single thing on my game, it would be fantastic if we could be located near the table games or off that area where its nice and quiet.

• ransimransim Registered User regular
    Woot! Really looking forward to BYOC again this year. I do hope its not on the expo floor mostly because of the noise, but I'll live if it is.

I do agree, I hope we can avoid the bandwidth issues we had last year as well.

All in all, looking forward to BYOC!

edited October 2012
    I still have the screenshot from the LAN of UT2004: http://img27.imageshack.us/img27/8313/scoreiu.png

Tichinde925 on
    I hear you on the bandwidth issues from last East. We did things a little bit differently at the last PAX Prime which allowed for better bandwidth usage across the board. While I don't have information as to what exactly we'll be changing in regards to bandwidth problems that we had last east, I can definitely tell you that management is fully aware and we'll be doing everything we can to ensure that BYOC is an amazing, LAN experience at East 2013.

As for games, I'm bringing my gaming rig and wouldn't mind getting into a heated battle of Supreme Commander or Supreme Commander 2. One of the better old school RTS LAN games imho. Also, I love RTS.

Vapok
  • jrdobbsjrdobbs Registered User regular
    Were there any 3-day passes set aside for the BYOC attendees? I think this was mentioned in post-mortem discussions from last year's event. Unfortunately they already sold out so it does not appear to be an option to attend BYOC at the moment. Let us know.

Thanks for your dedication in bringing us the BYOC again.

Get Slack

JR
    jrdobbs wrote: »
    Were there any 3-day passes set aside for the BYOC attendees? I think this was mentioned in post-mortem discussions from last year's event. Unfortunately they already sold out so it does not appear to be an option to attend BYOC at the moment. Let us know.

In the past, 3 single day passes were fine in order to attend BYOC. I sincerely doubt that any 3-day passes were set aside just for people that wanted to go to BYOC. Pretty sure people would just buy a BYOC pass just to get one of the "special set aside 3-days" if that was the case. You can email registration@paxsite.com in order to get an official answer.

• jrdobbsjrdobbs Registered User regular
    I think the proposal was that BYOC would be bundled separately as a 3-day pass + BYOC but I understand your point that folks would buy it and skip the BYOC which would mess you up with headcount. Not sure I want to pay $105 for a pass that is worth $70 but I can check with registration if they will allow the same discount for purchasing the equivalent. Worth a shot. Thanks for your suggestion on the three single-day passes.

Get Slack

JR
    edited October 2012
    I'm 99% sure there will be no discount. There never has been in the past, and buying all three single days has always been an option (as far as attending PAX proper).

zerzhul on
  • taumesontaumeson PAX PC Room Manager Minnesota?Registered User regular
    FYI -- very few BYOC passes left. We're almost sold out!

yBfDKg5.png
    jrdobbs wrote: »

There was no bundle option for BYOC + 3 Day badge. If you're planning on attending BYOC you had to have purchased access to PAX (meaning either a 3 Day badge, or single day badges).

PAX Prime 2012 sold out so quickly, that it was commonplace to see BYOC attendees with the individual daily badges.

I do understand the cost difference between the 3-day and single day badges. That having been said, it always has been a thing that BYOC attendees need 3 day access to PAX and getting the elusive 3-day Badge is important (from a cost savings perspective). With the ever increasing popularity of PAX (Both Prime and East) as evidenced by the time, or lack thereof, it's taken for 3-Day Badges to sell out, the more and more important it is to get your passes early and quickly!

Hope to see you in BYOC jrdobbs!

157 days to go!

Vapok
  • MalfeisMalfeis Protagonist. 2d10 hit die. Chaotic Neutral. Registered User regular
    FYI - BYOC passes dun' gon' an' sold out.

PAX East 2015 checklist: 3 Day Pass [X] Accommodations [X] Travel [ ] Time Off [X] BYOC [X]
  • WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    Is this true?! (I got mine, but a buddy was waiting for payday on Thurs.)

Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • TheTerribleManTheTerribleMan Registered User regular
    When you try to by tickets now, the BYOC option says "Sold Out".

WackBag wrote: »
    Is this true?! (I got mine, but a buddy was waiting for payday on Thurs.)

Just confirmed officially that we are indeed sold out!

Vapok
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    EDIT: Nevermind I am blind

Kilonum on
    JfqWFk8.png
  • CrowTCrowT Registered User new member
    Disappointed that this sold out. PAX East BYOC last year seemed like it was never over 50% capacity, and there were dozens of empty seats the entire weekend. I didn't realize this would sell out so fast. Any chance at spots opening up, or a way to get on a list if someone can't make it? I enjoyed last year quite a bit, despite the initial issues w/ Internet.

• LoganLLoganL Registered User new member
    Ya I'm also interested if there will be more tickets available. All my friends got theirs, but I had to wait a couple days before I could buy mine and now they're sold out :(

Previously, the BYOC ticketing was a little more flexible, as you could register for a pass and pay for it at a later date; this led to non-paying badges sometimes being available later on, cancellations, etc.

With this new method, I'm not sure that will be very common; you pay up front with a "no refunds" official policy. Though perhaps someone will have bought an extra and would be willing to offload it (not here, obviously - I think it's safe to assume that ALL badges are not to be sold on these forums).

I'm kind of curious how the turnout will be in the BYOC area now - how many of these early buyers will actually BE there at some point during the expo?

CrowT wrote: »
    Disappointed that this sold out. PAX East BYOC last year seemed like it was never over 50% capacity, and there were dozens of empty seats the entire weekend. I didn't realize this would sell out so fast. Any chance at spots opening up, or a way to get on a list if someone can't make it? I enjoyed last year quite a bit, despite the initial issues w/ Internet.

We do not reserve any BYOC tickets for sale at a later date, so there are no additional tickets to be sold. If there are any cancellations, we may be able to, on an extremely limited basis, offer the cancelled tickets up for general purchase. Contact registration@paxsite.com for specific inquiries.

PAX Prime 2012 was the first time we did the BYOC Badge sales in conjunction with the Attendee Badge registration process. I can tell you that the majority of BYOC was full during all of PAX, which seemed to indicate that people that purchased the badges did in fact use them.

Vapok
  • TheChillestPenguinTheChillestPenguin Registered User regular
    Is it a bad ides that i bought a byoc pass just to render vids when i have free time on my mac

You can render vids elsewhere.

There is no bandwidth to upload anything.

• TheChillestPenguinTheChillestPenguin Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    You can render vids elsewhere.

There is no bandwidth to upload anything.
    Well i did buy the pass so i can go in there and do what i need to do such as edit ect

TheChillestPenguin on
    You can do what you like with your BYOC spot. It is intended for gaming, but not everyone uses it for that. Like Tichinde925 said (and I said when you asked this question the last time) there won't be any bandwidth, but if you want to sit and edit videos during PAX you're welcome to do so.