As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Moment of the Week july 25

• ServoServo Registered User, ClubPA regular
    edited July 2007
    Wiggin wrote: »
    Except more, because there were only something like 4-5 Starmen. There's been 72 Iron Fists.

there have been nine starmen, depending on if you count one of them as two separate starmen or just one.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
    edited July 2007
    actually, i haven't been reading jsa, so there could be ten now. i don't know if the new one is one of the ones we know about.

and if you count dr mid-nite, then there are eleven. and if you count pre-crisis batman then there have been twelve different starmans.

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • graizurgraizur __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    servo sez hey the following spoiler is about deadpool

So is Deadpool dead now or what?

graizur on
  • delphinusdelphinus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    delphinus wrote: »
    Im probably late to the party, but star lord had me cheering.

Captain
    fucking
    Universe

WHAT
    Goddamn now I need to get that.
    I have this boner for Captain Universe.
    EDIT: That's the one from that weird mini-series last winter (2006). The Uni-Power took over various heroes for one issue each, which was cool. It was going to lead into a new one starring Gabriel Vargas, looking for the source of the Uni-Power's malfunction.

wait, so is the uni-power permanent now or does it leave when "the job is done". cuz that will suck if vargas is fighting and the power just leaves him

delphinus on
    edited July 2007
    graizur wrote: »

don't use the spoiler tag like an idiot

Servo on
    newsigs.jpg
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, idiot.

It honestly didn't even occur to me that what happened would be a problem. Sorta like Bender or any of the Marvel Zombies.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • 143999143999 Tellin' ya not askin' ya, not pleadin' with yaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    graizur wrote: »
    servo sez hey the following spoiler is about deadpool

Meh, how many times has Cable - who should know these things - whimsically used various firearms to put sizable percentages of Deadpool's brain in places that aren't Deadpool's head?

Besides, isn't Death still allergic to Deadpool or something?

143999 on
    8aVThp6.png
  • Me Too!Me Too! __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007

Captain
    fucking
    Universe

WHAT
    EDIT: That's the one from that weird mini-series last winter (2006). The Uni-Power took over various heroes for one issue each, which was cool. It was going to lead into a new one starring Gabriel Vargas, looking for the source of the Uni-Power's malfunction.

wait, so is the uni-power permanent now or does it leave when "the job is done". cuz that will suck if vargas is fighting and the power just leaves him

Still leaves when the job is done, but now its job is to serve its own interests, so it's sticking with Vargas.
    Especially since, don't know if this was mentioned here but it came up in the mini, Vargas is paraplegic.

Me Too! on
  • CerriusCerrius Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I like how Ellis slipped Bias Field Theory into Black Summer. It was a huge part of his graphic novel Orbital and it looks like it might play a large role again in Black Summer. I hope that Ellis' work doesn't diminish because of all the monthly (or regularly updated) series he's got going on. Black Summer, Thunderbolts, Doktor Sleepless, Desolation Jones to a point, and soon Astonishing X-Men. And i'm pretty sure i'm missing a few titles.

Cerrius on
    [SIGPIC]image.php?type=sigpic&userid=5578&dateline=1219903129[/SIGPIC]
  • Bob The MonkeyBob The Monkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I already think Doktor Sleepless will be a far weaker title than we were hoping, although he's got a lot of comics left to turn that around.

Bob The Monkey on
  • Gabriel_PittGabriel_Pitt (effective against Russian warships) Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    CJTheran wrote: »
    Redeemer wrote: »
    From Cable & Deadpool (which they should really just rename as 'Deadpool')

It was mentioned before, but

oh god
    picture2gq9.png

OH GOD.
    I guess you can't refer to him as the merc with a mouth anymore?
    He's still got a stump. Just as good.

Gabriel_Pitt on
  • RingoRingo He/Him a distinct lack of substanceRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007

Captain
    fucking
    Universe

WHAT

Still leaves when the job is done, but now its job is to serve its own interests, so it's sticking with Vargas.
    Especially since, don't know if this was mentioned here but it came up in the mini, Vargas is paraplegic.

I was Captain Universe once, back in the 90's. Hung out with the X-Men all of whom were extremely useless with the exception of Iceman. Rogue went crazy and almost killed Gambit, and I made no effort whatsoever to stop her till the damn Uni-Power started talking to me.

Worst part of being Captain Universe? No freaking pockets.

Ringo on
    Sterica wrote: »
    I know my last visit to my grandpa on his deathbed was to find out how the whole Nazi werewolf thing turned out.
    Edcrab's Exigency RPG
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Redeemer wrote: »
    From Cable & Deadpool (which they should really just rename as 'Deadpool')
    picture2gq9.png

OH GOD.

See, I'm hoping that Wade's powers work like an earthworm's. This will lead to the book being retitled Deadpool and Deadpool, with double the chimichanga jokes.

Munch on
  • Calamity JaneCalamity Jane That Wrong Love Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I already think Doktor Sleepless will be a far weaker title than we were hoping, although he's got a lot of comics left to turn that around.

I don't want to sound dismissive when saying this, but I feed Doktor Sleepless is his way of putting out a counter-culture Batman book without feeling like a fucking weirdo (Ellis doesn't like Batman all that much).

Calamity Jane on
    twitter https://twitter.com/mperezwritesirl michelle patreon https://www.patreon.com/thatwronglove michelle's comic book from IMAGE COMICS you can order http://a.co/dn5YeUD
  • TankTank Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    Best part of Teen Titans #49:
    teen-titans.jpg

This is so so true.

So when did Supergirl and Wondergirl become retarded?

Tank on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Tank wrote: »
    teen-titans.jpg

This is so so true.

It seems like for-fucking-ever.

Fencingsax on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    teen-titans.jpg

This is so so true.

I really just do not understand how anyone could think that part up. "Hey, if we get the president and give it to those evil bitches that're running around killing innocent people, the war will end!" Maybe if they were eight I'd believe they'd do that but they're meant to be in their late teens, NO-ONE is that stupid.

Anyway, Blue Beetle is one of my favourite comics at the moment, I hope to god that it's not cancelled:
    01-1.jpg

And:
    02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Anjin-San wrote: »

I don't want to sound dismissive when saying this, but I feed Doktor Sleepless is his way of putting out a counter-culture Batman book without feeling like a fucking weirdo (Ellis doesn't like any superhero all that much).

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    That Blue Beetle thing with Bruce was kinda cool.

devoir on
  • Bad KarmaBad Karma Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    teen-titans.jpg

This is so so true.

I really just do not understand how anyone could think that part up. "Hey, if we get the president and give it to those evil bitches that're running around killing innocent people, the war will end!" Maybe if they were eight I'd believe they'd do that but they're meant to be in their late teens, NO-ONE is that stupid.

Anyway, Blue Beetle is one of my favourite comics at the moment, I hope to god that it's not cancelled:
    01-1.jpg

And:
    02-1.jpg

03-1.jpg

04-1.jpg

Uh oh, don't let Poochy see this.

Bad Karma on
    Xbox Live: Ornery Rooster
    PSN: OrneryRooster
  • DouglasDangerDouglasDanger PennsylvaniaRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If there is a hurricane, are the top floors of a hotel really a good idea? Still, that looks pretty awesome from that scan.

DouglasDanger on
  • HooraydiationHooraydiation Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    If there is a hurricane, are the top floors of a hotel really a good idea? Still, that looks pretty awesome from that scan.

You aren't going to get a very good look at it from the bottom.

Hooraydiation on
    Home-1.jpg
  • BahamutZEROBahamutZERO Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

You aren't going to get a very good look at it from the bottom.
    Anyway, if the building is going to collapse, you're probably fucked no matter what floor you're on.

BahamutZERO on
    BahamutZERO.gif
  • KyouguKyougu Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Those scans got me interested on the Blue Beetle. I may have to check that comic out.

Kyougu on
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I havent really ready anything even remotely involving blue beatle since he got beaten half to death by Doomsday. But "fucking over" batman? Im interested.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    Kris_xK wrote: »
    Yeah, I havent really ready anything even remotely involving blue beatle since he got beaten half to death by Doomsday. But "fucking over" batman? Im interested.

it's a completely different blue beetle

it's a mexican american high school kid now with actual powers

Garlic Bread on
  • FencingsaxFencingsax It is difficult to get a man to understand, when his salary depends upon his not understanding GNU Terry PratchettRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Yeah, I havent really ready anything even remotely involving blue beetle since he got beaten half to death by Doomsday. But "fucking over" batman? Im interested.
    Not really. Batman is aware that Beetle's lying to him to help people.

Fencingsax on
  • Garlic BreadGarlic Bread i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a bitch i'm a Registered User, Disagreeable regular
    edited July 2007
    also, Batman's taken a liking to Jaime

Garlic Bread on
  • humblehumble Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    i like how Batman isn't being portrayed like a complete dick in books that aren't his own anymore.

humble on
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When did that start?

Mai-Kero on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    After Infinite Crisis.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Kris_xKKris_xK Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fencingsax wrote: »
    Yeah, I havent really ready anything even remotely involving blue beetle since he got beaten half to death by Doomsday. But "fucking over" batman? Im interested.
    Not really. Batman is aware that Beetle's lying to him to help people.

Yeah, thats why "fucking over" is in quotation marks.

Kris_xK on
    calvinhobbessleddingsig2.gif
  • MunchMunch Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Bad Karma wrote: »
    Uh oh, don't let Poochy see this.

You keep calling me that but I don't think it applies. I mean, I don't do anything eXtreme at all, I've never almost died in space, and I'm not strangely popular despite being an irascible fuckhead. If anything, that should be my nickname. "Uh oh, don't let Irascible Fuckhead see this." Just trying to help out.

And those BB scans are pretty good.

Munch on
    edited July 2007
    Poochie was originally thought to be a good idea until everyone saw that it was just someone who constantly spouted off lame cliches.

Bad Karma on
  • DJ EebsDJ Eebs Moderator, Administrator admin
    edited July 2007
    what are you talking about

DJ Eebs on
    edited July 2007
    what are you talking about

Exactly.

Bad Karma on
  • Unco-ordinatedUnco-ordinated NZRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kyougu wrote: »
    Those scans got me interested on the Blue Beetle. I may have to check that comic out.

Well he's appearing in Teen Titans #50 (which BB #18 crosses over with) and then in October BB #20 is crossing over with Sinestro Corps.

There's also two Blue Beetle trades out at the moment, Shellshocked and Road Trip, they're pretty awesome.

Unco-ordinated on
    Steam ID - LiquidSolid170 | PSN ID - LiquidSolid
  • PbPb Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    humble wrote: »
    i like how Batman isn't being portrayed like a complete dick in books that aren't his own anymore.

Yeah, he just looks like a Bizarro.

Pb on
  • Sars_BoySars_Boy Rest, You Are The Lightning. Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    just finished Titans 49

my reaction to the end was literally:

ugh

Sars_Boy on
  • JCMJCM Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sars_Boy wrote: »
    just finished Titans 49

my reaction to the end was literally:

ugh

Thatw as mine after reading Loeb´s latest Wolverine continuity fuck.

Forget everything we know, its all about a race of feral-people killing each other over fur pigment. O_o

I do hope Marvel will pretend it never happened, like that "teen Namor" reboot they had.

JCM on