As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

(Closet obsessions) Hello, my name is Double_Faces, and I'm...

Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
edited August 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
....Completely obsessed with pumpkin smelling candles. I make myself wait for late August before I buy them so I don't blow my wad too early and "over-autumn" myself. However, every time I'm around a candle company store, I just sit and smell them, compare them (some have "spice" or "cake" or "pie" added to them) since there are so many nuances to the pumpkin smell.

This is a secret I keep to myself and the users on this forum.

My question for debate is, do you have any hobbies that you don't tell anyone about because you feel no one would understand? Is there a tv show you love that you "rightfully shouldn't" ? A band that isn't exactly targeting your demographic? Curtains/ drapes obsession?

I'm interested.

(Side note: I also skip class the first day that pumpkin spice lattes are offered at Starbucks so I can just sit in the cold weather and drink it.)

SSBB Code: 0258 9993 5495
Double_Faces on

• FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Occasionally, when nobody's home... I listen to Linkin Park. (I'm over 16)

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Have you ever tried the Pumpkin Spice Kashi Bars? Jesus Christ the smell.

It's so good.

Mai-Kero on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I watch Passions, a really silly soap opera on NBC, and I'll usually watch it for a week or so if I have time then forget about it find some website filling me in on what's happened, then watch it again. They're moving to sattelite, and although I proably won't follow, the fact that I know this is very sad.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    When no one is around . . . I'll watch 'The Girl's Next Door'. It's something I do guiltily, because I'm a girl and no self-respecting girl should watch it . . .

Muse Among Men on
  • SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I admit, I like ballroom dancing. I also enjoy Tango and Swing. I shouldn't feel embarrassed but...

Spackle on
    Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
    D&D Metal Thread: HERE
  • LeitnerLeitner Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I occasionally watch neighbors and Hollyoaks. Two pretty bad soaps.

Leitner on
  • SamiSami Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Chick flicks?
    love 'em

Sami on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I've seen Legally Blonde at minimum, 15 times.

YodaTuna on
  • SpackleSpackle Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Just want to say this is a great thread idea. It's interesting to hear what others enjoy that they might feel embarrassed about.

Spackle on
    Taco Bell does win the franchise war according to the tome of knowledge that is Demolition Man. However, I've watched Demolition Man more then a few times and never once did I see WoW. In conclusion Taco Bell has more lasting power then WoW.
    D&D Metal Thread: HERE
  • Muse Among MenMuse Among Men Suburban Bunny Princess? Its time for a new shtick Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    How much shame is in Legally Blond? I love that movie to shreds.

Muse Among Men on
  • Re: nholderRe: nholder Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have an amazing obsession with midninties teen movies. Can't Hardly Wait, as an example, is a personal favorite.

Sigh.

Re: nholder on
  • YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    How much shame is in Legally Blond? I love that movie to shreds.

The number of times I've seen it boggles my mind.

YodaTuna on
  • ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    There is nothing wrong with this. It's like The Beastmaster; every time it's on television, you stop and watch it. It really is a great movie.

Thanatos on
  • Bliss 101Bliss 101 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I sing a lot when I'm alone. I can't sing at all.

And if anyone I know learned that I like this movie and have secretly watched it twice, I'd be ostracized forever: White Chicks.

Bliss 101 on
    MSL59.jpg
  • Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm addicted to the baby shows on TLC and Discovery Health. I love them, Bringing Home Baby, Baby Story, etc.

Also, I'd go gay for Mike Rowe. Wouldn't even stop to think about it.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited July 2007
    Musicals?
    love 'em to death.

:whistle:I feel pretty, oh so pretty:whistle:

Sami on
  • TachTach Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I totally rock out to "Barbie Girl".

Tach on
    edited July 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Musicals?
    love 'em to death.

I do exactly this. Mine's The Music Man though, mostly for the "sadder but wiser" song.

Wonder_Hippie on
    edited July 2007
    I'm addicted to the baby shows on TLC and Discovery Health. I love them, Bringing Home Baby, Baby Story, etc.

Related. I watch all the housing and decorating shows. I fucking love 'What You Get for the Money.

Malkor on
    edited July 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

Related. I watch all the housing and decorating shows. I fucking love 'What You Get for the Money.

Have they made you cry before? I know I've cried on more than one occassion watching Baby Story, and those shows get pretty emotional with the Extreme Home Makeover or whatever it is.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • NexusSixNexusSix Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ABBA. And Three's Company. But never both at the same time--the mortal mind can handle only so much awesome all at once.

I will also sit through Will & Grace episodes because I have the hots for Karen Walker. Does this make me a bad person?

NexusSix on
    REASON - Version 1.0B7 Gatling type 3 mm hypervelocity railgun system
    Ng Security Industries, Inc.
    PRERELEASE VERSION-NOT FOR FIELD USE - DO NOT TEST IN A POPULATED AREA
    -ULTIMA RATIO REGUM-
    edited July 2007
    Malkor wrote: »

Have they made you cry before? I know I've cried on more than one occassion watching Baby Story, and those shows get pretty emotional with the Extreme Home Makeover or whatever it is.

Yeah, but I like to call it 'weeping'.

Malkor on
    edited July 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Musicals?
    love 'em to death.

I do exactly this. Mine's The Music Man though, mostly for the "sadder but wiser" song.

Every morning in the shower I sing "I Feel Pretty" as part of my routine. Does wonders for the self-esteem.

Sami on
    edited July 2007
    Sami wrote:
    Every morning in the shower I sing "I Feel Pretty" as part of my routine. Does wonders for the self-esteem.

Thread over. Sami wins.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • DarkHawkeDarkHawke Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I watch Japanese live-action superhero kids shows. Sometimes? I'll even spill over and watch a little Power Rangers.

DarkHawke on
  • ShogunShogun Hair long; money long; me and broke wizards we don't get along Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    grouphug thread olol?

When I'm at home by myself I practice vocalizing with that rick roll song.

Shogun on
  • LibrarianThorneLibrarianThorne Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm a huge comic fan. Not something to be ashamed of, I know, but if you guys could have seen the looks I got when i brought my Ultimate Captain America and Dark Knight Returns Superman figs to work, oh man.

The only television I find remotely watchable 99% of the time is CNN. The only radio station I listen to is NPR. I'm 22, and yet I feel like I should retire and complain about kids these days.

I love Gunam anime. I could break down why some series sucked, others rocked, and why the original series is one of the best anime ever made. I have tons of Gatcha figs I go while I was in Japan. The worst part of all this is that G Gundam (DragonBall Z with giant robots) is easily one of my favorite anime.

LibrarianThorne on
  • Mr PinkMr Pink I got cats for youRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I listen to Linkin Park when I'm hitting the bag, and I like to time my hard swings with the big hits in the music.

Oh god I am so stupid.

Mr Pink on
  • ShmoepongShmoepong Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Mike looks like a man's man, but he drops that act quickly. If you had a man crush on Baer Gryllis I'd share your secret shame.

Before I spar, I lather on a good amount of Icy Hot so I fight in a cloud of minty freshness.

Shmoepong on
    I don't think I could take a class without sparring. That would be like a class without techniques. Sparring has value not only as an important (necessary) step in applying your techniques to fighting, but also because it provides a rush and feeling of elation, confidence, and joyful exhaustion that can only be matched by ... oh shit, I am describing sex again. Sorry everyone. - Epicurus
  • Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Have you ever tried the Pumpkin Spice Kashi Bars? Jesus Christ the smell.

It's so good.

There are pumpkin spice Kashi Bars?

Son of a bitch.

Double_Faces on
  • tyrannustyrannus i am not fat Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I can't have just one reeses peanut butter cup. I have to have two and make a sandwich.

tyrannus on
  • Rabid_LlamaRabid_Llama Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I love musicals, but there's no secret there as I was the lead in my high school's production of Little Shop of Horrors.

I freaking love Antiques Roadshow.

Rabid_Llama on
    /sig
    The+Rabid+Llama.png
  • FunkyWaltDoggFunkyWaltDogg Columbia, SCRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »

Same here, except it's Bring it On.

Also, I once watched Coyote Ugly twice in a row. Just started it right back up after it was over. I think I had watched Bring it On earlier that same night.

FunkyWaltDogg on
  • Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    I listen to Neil Diamond.

Also, Rogers and Hammerstein, Sondheim and sometimes Gilbert and Sullivan musicals.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I also have a secret love for Care Bears.

They are just.. so.. happy.

Double_Faces on
  • SnorkSnork word Jamaica Plain, MARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pumpkin Spice Latté from Starbucks is motherfucking motherfantastic.

Snork on
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Obsessed with sports. I get up at 6 to watch Mike and Mike in the morning, and yes, all four hours of it. Around the Horn, Sportscenter, Pardon the Interruption and ESPN news are on pretty much all day.
    Then I go to espn.com, football365.com, lequipe.fr and read up on random stuff.

I watched every single game of the 1998, 2002 and 2006 world cups, the 2000 and '04 Euro, and missed maybe 4 games of the '94 WC. I'd tape the games, or catch replays at 4am EST. I've probably seen the '98 world cup final close to 10 times, the Euro 2000 final about a dozen, and the '06 final 4/5 times. Come close to watching every game for the Champion's League and whatever I can find for the UEFA cup - yay for illegal live streaming of soccer games on chinese websites. Catch every single Arsenal game, every Ligue 1 Monaco and Lyon games, and will try and make an effort to watch Barcelona whenever possible.

I watch every Redskins and Panthers game every season and try and catch whatever Flames and Hurricanes games I can.

All of this, and not a single one of my friends gives a flying fuck about sports, so I essentially have no-one to discuss these matters with. Sad panda.

Raakam on
    My padherder
    they don't it be like it is but it do
  • VeegeezeeVeegeezee Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Webcomic message boards. And video games. :P

Nobody who knows me personally, that I'm aware of, knows I play computer games and post on PA or the like, with the exception of my girlfriend. And I don't think it fits with how most people percieve me, so I kinda just let people think what they want.

Veegeezee on
  • kaz67kaz67 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I watch a reality show on Bravo about cooking and a few weeks ago i watched one about cutting hair.

Sometimes when I am home alone I just walk around touching the walls. No explanation for this one, just seems like a good way to pass the time when I am bored.

kaz67 on
  • HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have a secret obcession with Hello Killy and sad that I only have 2 sons and no daughter to indulge my little secret. :(

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png