As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Internet WAR.

• LarlarLarlar consecutive normal brunches Moderator, ClubPA mod
    SimBen wrote: »
    agoaj wrote: »
    Larlar wrote: »
    fire hydrants are red where i am in canada, and they don't sell milk in bags

Okay I'm pretty sure you're not in Canada. Check to make sure.

If you've forgotten how, the best way to do this is to shout out "coo loo coo coo, coo coo coo coo" and then wait 6-8 weeks for Dave Thomas or Rick Moranis to show up.

But if they both show up

maaaaan is it awkward

If Rick Moranis shows up, don't let him leave

because where the fuck is Rick Moranis

oh man

why wasn't this the Canadian version of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego

iwantanswers3.png
  • crwthcrwth THAT'S IT Registered User regular
    theeee warrant!

EzUAYcn.png
  • Romanian My EscutcheonRomanian My Escutcheon Two of Forks Registered User regular
    Look, guys, it's already hard enough being the United States' Florida, please don't make us the Canadian Florida as well.

[IMG][/img]
  • KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    rick moranis went into retirement because his wife died and he had to raise their kids yo

he released an album called The Agoraphobic Cowboy years ago tho and it's one of those things I keep meaning to listen to but never get around to

• PiptheFairPiptheFair Frequently not in boats. Registered User regular
    agoaj wrote: »
    fire hydrants are red where i am in canada, and they don't sell milk in bags

Okay I'm pretty sure you're not in Canada. Check to make sure.

If you've forgotten how, the best way to do this is to shout out "coo loo coo coo, coo coo coo coo" and then wait 6-8 weeks for Dave Thomas or Rick Moranis to show up.

But if they both show up

maaaaan is it awkward

If Rick Moranis shows up, don't let him leave

because where the fuck is Rick Moranis

oh man

why wasn't this the Canadian version of Where in the World is Carmen Sandiego
    carmen sandiago did stuff

• SimBenSimBen Hodor? Hodor Hodor.Registered User regular
    Look, guys, it's already hard enough being the United States' Florida, please don't make us the Canadian Florida as well.

Don't worry about this, you stopped being the US' Florida a while ago.

sig.gif
    Kochikens wrote: »
    rick moranis went into retirement because his wife died and he had to raise their kids yo

he released an album called The Agoraphobic Cowboy years ago tho and it's one of those things I keep meaning to listen to but never get around to

Oh man

Rick Moranis

:(

sig.gif
  • #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    I know I'm in Canada because I mentioned something about a possible resolution to the NHL lockout to someone at work and what seemed like 14 people I'd never met before descended on us to yell about it

I know I'm not in Canada because I mentioned curling today
    and nobody else thought it was cool.

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i know i'm not in canada because in a few years i won't have health insurance

reposig.jpg
    #pipe wrote: »
    I know I'm in Canada because I mentioned something about a possible resolution to the NHL lockout to someone at work and what seemed like 14 people I'd never met before descended on us to yell about it

that's when you have to activate death blossom mode

sorry, I should have warned you

iwantanswers3.png
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    ocay so canadians like curling, curds and what else? spores? should i try spores? im trying spores

• #pipe#pipe Cocky Stride, Musky odours Pope of Chili TownRegistered User regular
    #pipe wrote: »

that's when you have to activate death blossom mode

sorry, I should have warned you

grig.jpg

this is super cool
    you can't deny it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qxmrH20IA2Q

• KadithKadith Registered User regular
    all sports are gay

zkHcp.jpg
  • mensch-o-maticmensch-o-matic Registered User regular
    ah hrm yes recreational swiffer mopping

wasnt it hockey before though or was there a shift in the earth's magnetic field that caused the national pasttime to evolve

john+morris.jpg

sexy and he knows it

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Kadith wrote: »
    all sports are gay

why do you think they're so popular?

belruelotterav-1.jpg
    Kadith wrote: »
    all sports are gay

your are gay

EzUAYcn.png
    The biggest secret we Canadians keep from the rest of the world is that the whole curling thing is really just a big joke.

sig.gif
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    stupid sports are for JOCKS and the dumb whores who like them why won't they just date a NICE GUY like ME ugh I hate all of them fuck you curling!!!

curling is a hipster sport

fuckin hipsters

EzUAYcn.png
    *jacks off in a dimly lit corner* hipsters......!!!

EzUAYcn.png
    !!

I would start an internet war with all of you
    but chicos making me go to sleep sorry

• Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular
    stupid sports are for JOCKS and the dumb whores who like them why won't they just date a NICE GUY like ME ugh I hate all of them fuck you curling!!!

The best part about this post is that I guarantee this exact thing has been said, in earnest, dozens or perhaps hundreds of times before.

People make me giggle.

edited October 2012
    The biggest secret we Canadians keep from the rest of the world is that the whole curling thing is really just a big joke.

it's not a joke, it's a sport front designed to facilitate smuggling goods into Canada

a friend of mine came back from Ireland last week with a set of curling stones filled with leprechaun blood

breezed right through customs

Larlar on
    iwantanswers3.png
    crwth wrote: »
    *jacks off in a dimly lit corner* hipsters......!!!

I've been there, man.

sig.gif
    I just got the third John Hodgman Audiobook (which you should all get btw)

and his descriptions of the objectives of various sports is amazing.

Tennis
    Equipment: Tennis Racquet, Tennis Shoes, Ball Boy, Towel Boy, Water Boy, Cocktail Boy
    Objective: To hit the thing over the thing until you can't anymore

• DichotomyDichotomy Registered User regular
    much like cricket and golf before it, curling developed out of a group of people coming together and inventing a sport too silly to be anything but a gag, only to find that folk actually liked playing it and the games diffused from there

0BnD8l3.gif
  • KadithKadith Registered User regular
    also, walking on ice is dangerous

get off of there before you break your head open

zkHcp.jpg
  • George Fornby GrillGeorge Fornby Grill ...Like Clockwork Registered User regular
    edited October 2012

The best part about this post is that I guarantee this exact thing has been said, in earnest, dozens or perhaps hundreds of times before.

People make me giggle.

the best kind of satire is taking exact quotes and using them as jokes

best or "most disheartening" I guess

George Fornby Grill on
    S7sHX.png

EzUAYcn.png
  • WeaverWeaver Who are you? What do you want?Registered User regular
    I wonder how many listserv accounts that guy has.

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    aaaaa

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • Mortal SkyMortal Sky queer punk hedge witchRegistered User regular
    The fact he has a positive score on one post is mildly terrifying

• -Tal-Tal Registered User regular
    oh hey, one google of his name leads to his okcupid page

that'll be $30 for internet detective work

PNk1Ml4.png
  • Volucrisus AedriusVolucrisus Aedrius Registered User regular

People make me giggle.

the best kind of satire is taking exact quotes and using them as jokes

best or "most disheartening" I guess

Haha no, its just plain funny.

When a maladjusted person says something dumb and we use it to make jokes that laugh at maladjusted idiots; fuck it, that's good gravy.

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Kochikens wrote: »

I heard that critics generally thought it was quite good

but nobody could take a country music album by Rick Moranis seriously

because Rick Moranis

This discussion has been closed.