As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bullying

• HacksawHacksaw J. Duggan Esq. Wrestler at LawRegistered User regular
    I once got the shit kicked out of me by three assholes during a passing period because I'd had the audacity to get shoved into one of them by persons unknown. They spent a good two minutes kicking, hitting, and cussing at me, punctuated by two of them spitting on me and kicking me in the face. The only reason they stopped was because the bell rang and they didn't want to be late to class and get in trouble for it. Nevermind that they had just spend the past couple of minutes viciously assaulting one of their peers for no good reason. No no, it was the threat of trouble from tardiness that worried them, not trouble from beating up the new kid.

• GoldenSeducerGoldenSeducer AAAAAUGH!! Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Ahhh yes, the uglytits incident. I look back at it now and say "goddamn why didn't I take my medication? What the fuck was I thinking?" Let this be a lesson: if you have poor self esteem and your doctor prescribes you with anti-depressants that work, keep taking them even if you think you're cured. Jumping off your meds and staying off of them because you think you feel super good is a terrible idea. Self medication is tricky.

GoldenSeducer on
  • BeastehBeasteh THAT WOULD NOT KILL DRACULARegistered User regular
    i remember walking home from the shops with a carton of eggs because i was baking some cakes for a friend

i must have been around 14 or so

a car pulled up next to me full of mid-20s lads

they start asking me for directions and as i'm explaining, one of them get a plastic squeegy bottle of ketchup and sprays me yelling 'HAHAHAH 'AVE IT YA LITTLE CUNT'

the car is full of laughing grown ass men, crowing how they've totally made this little twat look stupid! haha!

meanwhile i take a few eggs out, step back and throw them full force inside the car

i got chased home

police were called

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    they deserved that and more beasteh

edited October 2012
    I like how the assholes think they're being clever by assaulting a teenager. That'd be like a bunch of high school seniors throwing rocks at a fifth grader. Fucking morons.

I hope they ended up driving off a cliff. Into the ocean.

Hacksaw on
    they probably ended up having fairly normal humdrum lives

because this is real life and not magic land

• STATE OF THE ART ROBOTSTATE OF THE ART ROBOT Registered User regular
    But...

is this real life?

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    But...

is this le real life?

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
    England's near the ocean. It is an entirely plausible eventuality that the ended up driving into it.

• KarlKarl Registered User regular
    Hacksaw wrote: »
    England's near the ocean. It is an entirely plausible eventuality that the ended up driving into it.

I was about to say that I'm nowhere near the ocean.

Then I remembered that my country is tiny and in comparison to the US say, I am really close to the ocean.

i can see the ocean from my house

i can also see

a forest

and dartmoor

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    i think im close to the ocean

3926 4292 8829
    *おなら*
  • King RiptorKing Riptor Registered User regular

Whenever I walk anywhere ( saves gas) people are absurdly rude. Its a slightly rural area so there's no sidewalks to speak of I guess that means you have to yell things at a guy walking to the library.

Im not in their way unless they intended to drive into a ditch. I don't usually care since police patrol that road constantly so I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to escalate to anything serious but it ruins an otherwise nice walk.

I have a podcast now. It's about video games and anime!Find it here.
    i can see the ocean from my house

i can also see

a forest

and Hogwarts

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Whenever I walk anywhere ( saves gas) people are absurdly rude. Its a slightly rural area so there's no sidewalks to speak of I guess that means you have to yell things at a guy walking to the library.

Im not in their way unless they intended to drive into a ditch. I don't usually care since police patrol that road constantly so I doubt anyone would be dumb enough to escalate to anything serious but it ruins an otherwise nice walk.

I just do not understand this

The idea that if you are going anywhere NOT in a car then you are dirt on the heel of society

America you crazy

• FANTOMASFANTOMAS Flan ArgentavisRegistered User regular
    there was almost no bullying in my school, there were plenty of fights though. But after a fight both parties would go their own way, at least for a couple of weeks. Only once a kid was hospitaliced while I was in highschool in one of this fights. The big dude that was going to kick the small dudes ass slips and falls to the ground, the small kid takes advantage and kicks him in the face = hospital. Small dude was never again picked for a fight, or for anything else.

Yes, with a quick verbal "boom." You take a man's peko, you deny him his dab, all that is left is to rise up and tear down the walls of Jericho with a ".....not!" -TexiKen
  • ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    "Oh hey guy from high school. What are you doing?"
    'Oh me, I'm workin at the library for minimum wages. Sucks but pays the bills. How bout you? I remember you were sick a lot."
    "I'm attorney thinking about starting my own firm.'

[Awesomeviiiiiiiirus]

hey do you need an assistant or a fluffer or anything

The idea that if you are going anywhere NOT in a car then you are dirt on the heel of society

America you crazy

Drivers in my state are hideous. Just aggressive as fuck ,ignorant of the laws and pedestrians might as well be intruding on on their holy quest from god.

Im not saying I haven't lost my temper when a guy runs in front of my car while I'm trying to park but I don't actively antagonize people.

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    when i lived in north carolina, nobody used their turn signals

nobody

you could tell if somebody wasn't from the area because they were the only ones who did

i got home a year later and was like "what the fuuuuuuuck" and had to relearn signalling

America you crazy

my cousins best friend lives in maine

she drives her kids to school every morning

they live about 150 feet from the school entrance

the very notion that she should walk instead of driving everywhere is fucking absurd

Its like that in PA too.

This one guy I used to hang out with didn't signal at all and once almost killed my buddy and his sister looking for a cd in a binder WHILE HE WAS DRIVING.

That guy was kind of a bully too when I think about it. Hated losing and got punchy when he did.

White people, man. Shit's crazy.

• Donovan PuppyfuckerDonovan Puppyfucker A dagger in the dark is worth a thousand swords in the morningRegistered User regular

America you crazy

the very notion that she should walk instead of driving everywhere is fucking absurd

I find that culture of driving anywhere, even to the corner store completely alien. It just does not compute.

Its why Exxon and DP have us by the nuts yeah.

• ZayZay yes i am zay Registered User regular
    Well from what little I have seen of other countries, things are typically closer there. It's like a 30 minute walk from my apartment to the closest grocery store here.

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular

America you crazy

Drivers in my state are hideous. Just aggressive as fuck ,ignorant of the laws and pedestrians might as well be intruding on on their holy quest from god.

Im not saying I haven't lost my temper when a guy runs in front of my car while I'm trying to park but I don't actively antagonize people.

Reminds me of a friend that used to live here in Seattle and took a couple of weeks to bike around British Columbia. People in BC were generally very friendly to her and often invited her to dinner or to crash at their place, she rarely had problems with drivers on the road. Once she crossed back into Washington, the contrast was obvious. And this is in a state that has a lot of cyclists and is (by U.S. standards) pretty pro-bike, and yet she still had people honking and shouting at her frequently as she rode south from the border.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular

America you crazy

I find that culture of driving anywhere, even to the corner store completely alien. It just does not compute.

The corner store a mile or two away with no sidewalks?

Nah I'll drive

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
  • TefTef Registered User regular

America you crazy

In this country and this state in particular? You crazy mang

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Yeah I think people living in cities are underestimating the distance between stuff in the suburbs

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    Yeah, that's why I live in the city. So I can actually reasonably walk to stuff. Two good grocery stores within a five minute walk, dentist and doctor are both five min walk away. It's hard to get around without a car in the burbs.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular

America you crazy

When I lived further north of where I am now, it was in the Pocono Mountains of eastern Pennsylvania. I would have had to walk more than a mile out of my front door to get to an actual black topped road, let alone then walk on said road with no sidewalks and very little shoulder several miles (5 to 10 depending on what you wanted) to an area with building that contained shops.

I would have also had to arm myself because there are bears, coyotes, and although rare mountain lion in that area. Not to mention plenty of whitetail deer that could curb stomp your ass if properly motivated. Which is why driving, and specifically having a 4 wheel drive capable vehicle or an all wheel drive vehicle, was basically a necessity. Mountain roads are shitty in perfect weather. Add in Pennsylvania roads in winter and it's not a pleasant experience.

Now I live in the suburbs, so it's only like a 10 minute drive to places. Still few if any sidewalks on major roads, let alone the hour or so of travel time if I walked.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oh waaa.

Bears.

I didn't realise you were menstruating.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    The main reason hunter drives is that it takes him an hour to put his face on in the morning and he doesn't have time to walk.

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    After traveling around America, I totally get the need for a car. You just can't get anywhere without one. If I were to move there I'd definitely get a driver's licence.

I mused on the idea of taking driving lessons in the States because they're so much cheaper there, but was told that there wasn't much point since you basically walk in to the school, get your driver's licence printed out and head back out. Meanwhile here it's like a year-long process.

Basically, America has a reputation for being really lax on their minimum standards for drivers, is what I'm saying.

Legba on
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i didn't get my license until i was 22 and i spent weeks practicing for the drivers test, which everyone told me would be super rigorous

it took less then ten minutes

reposig.jpg
  • SeriouslySeriously Registered User regular
    I made three right turns out of a parking lot back into a parking lot

I think I had to reverse out of a parking space initially? anyways I got a 95

I forgot to use a turn signal for parking and passed

The test crazy does not prepare you for actual driving

One time I was going home and the rain was heavy enough I couldn't see more than 5 feet past my car, and the highway was pretty crowded, that was probably the most terrifying thing ever

sthbuf0g7b7y.png
  • HunterHunter Chemist with a heart of Au Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Oh waaa.

Bears.

I didn't realise you were menstruating.

Last night somebody in my local area struck a 650lb black bear with their car. The report stated that the driver hit the smaller of the two animals in the road.

So the sow died and the car was totaled, and the bigger boar just ran off. I understand that them not being 1000x more venomous then necessary to kill a person doesn't scare you, but for us it's a big deal.

Also the thought of giant venomous bears scares the shit out of me.

• FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    Zay wrote: »
    I forgot to use a turn signal for parking and passed

The test crazy does not prepare you for actual driving

One time I was going home and the rain was heavy enough I couldn't see more than 5 feet past my car, and the highway was pretty crowded, that was probably the most terrifying thing ever

yeah it doesn't do shit to prepare you

i've learned since getting my license that driving sucks and is expensive and stressful and i fucking hate the shit out of it

reposig.jpg