As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Bullying

• ButtlordButtlord Fornicus Lord of Bondage and PainRegistered User regular
    Antimatter wrote: »
    i love my ipod

just let it play on shuffle

on a low volume so i pay attention to the road/other drivers/pedestrians but i love driving with music

i listen to Fucked Up and Converge and GWAR

loudly

fuck them other guys they can just STAY OUT OF MY WAY

• I Win SwordfightsI Win Swordfights all the traits of greatness starlight at my feetRegistered User regular
    Also I get hella into my music

also it doesn't terrify me anymore

I look forward to my daily drives now

lfYVHTd.png
    edited October 2012
    good driving music that isn't loud and raucous: The Earth Is Not A Cold Dead Place

i put it on for the first time driving back from NC on winter break

it had snowed a little bit, everything had fresh powder

it was cold and crisp and clear

not a single other car on the road at 4:30 AM

and i watched the sun come up as i drove alone in my little bubble and that is one of my favorite memories

then i got out of virginia and i cranked up this classic rock playlist that i made SPECIFICALLY for the drive, shit i would never listen to on a regular day but was perfect for a road trip and that is also a cherished memory

Buttlord on
  • OghulkOghulk Tinychat Janitor TinychatRegistered User regular
    driving owns when you have a good cd in your car

driving without music is like anal with no lube

basically

so happy I have an ipod and an aux port

• Dead LegendDead Legend Registered User regular
    Buttlord wrote: »
    jgeis wrote: »
    Fandyien wrote: »
    driving sucks and is expensive and stressful

no yes and no in that order and i say this as a dude who grew up learning to drive in central new york weather

i can spin out in the middle of a fairly busy road, not get hit, and calmly drive away, because that shit happens all the fucking time on that road and everyone expects it

shit's like driving on fuckin' glass in the winter

Last winter I got stuck in a shallow ditch in my Fiero during a snowstorm. I just turned the wheel to full opposite lock and basically powerslid until I hit someone's driveway and hopped out of the ditch. Drove off because it ain't no thing.

i only ever get stuck head first but that's why i live in a blue collar neighborhood where everyone and their brother has tow ropes and a truck

i just call someone and get a quick yank

alternately a 3.5mm jack and an ipod

i bet you do!

diablo III - beardsnbeer#1508 Mechwarrior Online - Rusty Bock
    Fandyien wrote: »
    driving sucks and is expensive and stressful

no yes and no in that order and i say this as a dude who grew up learning to drive in central new york weather

i can spin out in the middle of a fairly busy road, not get hit, and calmly drive away, because that shit happens all the fucking time on that road and everyone expects it

shit's like driving on fuckin' glass in the winter

Last winter I got stuck in a shallow ditch in my Fiero during a snowstorm. I just turned the wheel to full opposite lock and basically powerslid until I hit someone's driveway and hopped out of the ditch. Drove off because it ain't no thing.

i only ever get stuck head first but that's why i live in a blue collar neighborhood where everyone and their brother has tow ropes and a truck

i just call someone and get a quick yank

alternately a 3.5mm jack and an ipod

i bet you do!
    i got a special number for that

• Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Fuck cars and driving

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • jgeisjgeis Registered User regular
    Fuck cars and driving

What cars have you driven BRT? Where have you driven?

• Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    Blake T wrote: »
    Sign off hours are a great idea.

But realistically, 60 hours would be goddamn painful. That number is high enough that the majority of the hours people would log would be fake.

here in brisbane it is a hundred goddamn hours

i don't even know

the vast majority of people just bullshit their way through it

• ShortyShorty touching the meat Intergalactic Cool CourtRegistered User regular
    Shorty wrote: »
    Druhim wrote: »
    Stale wrote: »
    Given the opportunity, a whitetail deer will murder you

that is not hyperbole, that is cold hard fact

Deer are spiteful assholes, perfectly capable of killing a full-grown man

everyone who hasn't interacted with them always ohh an ahhs over how wonderful and innocent they are

fuck that

Not to mention that deer are a menace to vegetable gardens.

speaking of which, two of my cousin's fig trees just got mangled by a deer that tried to fuck them

all he saw was a brownish area

with points

• StaleStale Registered User regular
    heh

driving back home was the easiest thing in the world

you took driver's ed in high school, which was a week of watching bullshit videos, a 50 question written test, which you'd have to be borderline brain dead to fail, and then you drove with the instructor for 2 hours. 4, 30 minute sessions.

That gave you your learners permit. You then waited until you were 16, walked in, drove with the person around the block, parked and got your license.

end of list.

no 20-40-60 hours, no further tests, no parallel parking, no reversing, no traffic, nothing. you stopped at a stop sign, you signaled 3 right turns, and you parked without hitting anything.

easysig2.jpg
  • SkeithSkeith Registered User regular
    Fuck cars and driving

Honolulu's pretty fucking awful from what I've seen.

aTBDrQE.jpg
  • Big Red TieBig Red Tie beautiful clydesdale style feet too hot to trotRegistered User regular
    Fuck cars and driving

I'll fight you

3926 4292 8829
    Beasteh wrote: »
    *おなら*
  • FandyienFandyien But Otto, what about us? Registered User regular
    i listen to The History of Rome whenever i have to drive anywhere

reposig.jpg
  • CorporateRedCorporateRed Wooooooo! Registered User regular
    Fuck cars and driving

I'll fight you

Is that some sort of a Kia?

Steam ID: Corporate Red
    steam_sig.png
    Fuck cars and driving

I'll fight you

I'll just be sitting in my car, while you slap at the windows.

• Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

basically

I went for two years without a stereo in my car.

It's not bad if you aren't a boring person and can say, use your imagination or something.

• TrippyJingTrippyJing Moses supposes his toeses are roses. But Moses supposes erroneously.Registered User regular
    The cars I have driven:

a Corolla

a Prius

b1ehrMM.gif
    edited October 2012
    TrippyJing wrote: »
    The cars I have driven:

a Corolla

a Prius

I am truly sorry. But at least it didn't cost you much to get where you were going. I have never actually driven a Corolla, but I have driven a Prius. It was too floaty for me, like an old American land-yacht but without all the space and character.

jgeis on
  • DurkhanusDurkhanus Commander Registered User regular
    Oghulk wrote: »

basically

I went for two years without a stereo in my car.

It's not bad if you aren't a boring person and can say, use your imagination or something.

I did this too. For about 5 years I owned a car without a stereo. I did many 8 to 12 hour long road trips in it, usually alone. Lots of improv singing, creating stories, randomly commenting on the scenery, self-debating :winky: or internal monologuing. Ways to pass the time, and they worked at keeping my mind alert and stress-free.

• Spiced HamSpiced Ham Registered User regular
    I was bullied a lot in school but I've gotten past all that stuff. I don't think I ever got as angry about it as when my girlfriend told me about what she had to go through when she was younger.

She came to the Australia from the Philippines when she was 10 to a rural town in southern WA at the height of the Pauline Hanson thing. If you're not from Australia you might need to google her but she was a heinous bitch who stirred up a whole lot of racist sentiment, like god damn.

I'm not an angry person but just typing this out is making my hands shake. I don't care if they're stupid kids who're just parroting things their parents say, doing that sort of thing to a 10 year old... Just fucking hell, no excuses.

Ugh.

Dammit.

• FalloutFallout GIRL'S DAY WAS PRETTY GOOD WHILE THEY LASTEDRegistered User regular
    i listened to kpop and mercyful fate in the car today

sang along with the fate, danced along with the kpop

xcomsig.png
  • Hocky27Hocky27 Registered User regular
    I think here in NSW we have it the worst in regards to getting a full license. There are 3 tiers you have to get through before you get the full license.

Learners Permit - You do a quiz testing you about basic road rules. Piss easy. You can only drive if you have a fully licensed driver sitting next to you.
    Red P's - Requires you have your L's for at least 1 year and you have to do 120 hours worth of driving that you have to log in a book with a fully licensed driver blah blah blah. Following that you have to do an actual driving test.
    Green P's - Spend 1 year on your red P's and then do a quiz on the computer.
    Full License - Spend 2 years on your green P's and then sit another quiz.

Each quiz costs about $70 and for each new license it costs $70 as well.

• DruhimDruhim Registered User, ClubPA regular
    I love going on a drive through the mountains. Especially the North Cascade Highway either in the spring, shortly after they reopen the route, or in the winter before they close it as at either time there will still be lots of snow on the peaks.

belruelotterav-1.jpg
  • nevilleneville The Worst Gay (Seriously. The Worst!)Registered User regular

Pretty sure this isn't an area you have any experience in, bry. :3

nevillexmassig1.png
    Stale wrote: »
    heh

driving back home was the easiest thing in the world

you took driver's ed in high school, which was a week of watching bullshit videos, a 50 question written test, which you'd have to be borderline brain dead to fail, and then you drove with the instructor for 2 hours. 4, 30 minute sessions.

That gave you your learners permit. You then waited until you were 16, walked in, drove with the person around the block, parked and got your license.

end of list.

no 20-40-60 hours, no further tests, no parallel parking, no reversing, no traffic, nothing. you stopped at a stop sign, you signaled 3 right turns, and you parked without hitting anything.

yup.

nevillexmassig1.png
  • TefTef Registered User regular
    Spiced Ham wrote: »
    I was bullied a lot in school but I've gotten past all that stuff. I don't think I ever got as angry about it as when my girlfriend told me about what she had to go through when she was younger.

She came to the Australia from the Philippines when she was 10 to a rural town in southern WA at the height of the Pauline Hanson thing. If you're not from Australia you might need to google her but she was a heinous bitch who stirred up a whole lot of racist sentiment, like god damn.

I'm not an angry person but just typing this out is making my hands shake. I don't care if they're stupid kids who're just parroting things their parents say, doing that sort of thing to a 10 year old... Just fucking hell, no excuses.

Ugh.

Dammit.

Oh dude are you in Perth too? hi5!

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Oh yeah, but the racism over here is appalling, particularly towards people from asian countries

help a fellow forumer meet their mental health care needs because USA healthcare sucks!

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Tef wrote: »
    Oh yeah, but the racism over here is appalling, particularly towards people from asian countries

Or Aboriginals.
    The amount of slurs I heard while I was there against them made me :|

nevillexmassig1.png
    made you what?!

Oh no the racists got to Neville

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • Blake TBlake T Do you have enemies then? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life.Registered User regular
    I was called a white cunt the other day because I wouldn't give a lady money.

• The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    Canberra doesn't get much of that thankfully

Some people are just fuckin idiots

I'd say you're olive

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
    Canberra doesn't get much of that thankfully

Yup.

No racial problems in Canberra at all.

I am also going to point out your user name.

• KochikensKochikens Registered User regular
    driving culture is so weird to me

I'm really worried the bigots finally got Neville you guys

bit.ly/2XQM1ke
  • The Black HunterThe Black Hunter The key is a minimum of compromise, and a simple, unimpeachable reason to existRegistered User regular
    I am also going to point out your user name.

Often I wish I could change it

But the experiences I've had because of it, I wouldn't give for the world (I would give them for a new username though)

On the plus side those were aboriginals being angry, not white people, and it was abbots fault I believe

• LegbaLegba He did. Registered User regular
    Fanyien wrote: »
    i listen to The History of Rome whenever i have to drive anywhere

^5. Me and the tour manager of the play I'm working on at the moment have started listening to The History Of Philosophy during our morning drive.