As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Help me make Phalla for RL Halloween Party

Alkey42Alkey42 Registered User regular
edited October 2012 in Critical Failures
Hello,

I am hosting a halloween party and wanted to do a classic monter themed Mafia/Phalla during it as part of the festivities. I do not have much experience with these, tried to play one once on this forum. Can anybody point me to a particularly relevant one? Maybe link a usefule site? Share notes from Phalla running? I am going to have 5-10 players.

Thanks.

Alkey42 on

• Options
    MagicPrimeMagicPrime FiresideWizard Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Pro-tip:

Have something for the people who get voted out or killed to do while the rest of you play out the game. When I did this we had my living room upstairs as the play area. But the TV, movies, consoles, beer and food were downstairs in the den. Which was where the people went when they were kicked out of the game.\

You can actually look at this kind of like you're GMing a tabletop game. Just the mechanics are much simpler, there is more player interaction and no dice rolling.

MagicPrime on
    BNet • magicprime#1430 | PSN/Steam • MagicPrime | Origin • FireSideWizard
    Critical Failures - Havenhold CampaignAugust St. Cloud (Human Ranger)
  • Options
    MrBodyMrBody Registered User regular
    Try to get everyone involved. Have a wrap up portion every round where you go around and everyone states their thoughts. I've seen too many game where 2-4 vocal people dominate the whole thing, rarely give others the chance to speak, then vote off all the quiet people first thing. A lot of the time the people were quiet because they were either new or the vocal people drowned out everyone else. Getting voted out first as a new person is the opposite of fun.