As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

Convert FLV to MP4/AVI

BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
My company is moving away from Adobe Connect to Webex. I've been given the happy task of saving any recorded meetings on the Adobe Connect site anyone wants saved.

The problem is, Adobe Connect turns these recordings into a FLV format, which our users do not have a way to play. Installing VLC Player or whatever player isn't an option, so I need a free way to convert them to another format that Windows Media Player can support natively.

I tried the convert option on VLC Media player itself, but it always crashes when I start the process.

Any other free and easy options out there?

Bigity on

• Options
    elevatureelevature Registered User regular
    Try Handbrake. Free and converts anything to anything, as far as I know.

• Options
    SynthesisSynthesis Honda Today! Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    'Nother vote for Handbrake. If you don't like that, I've had good luck with Format Factory.

Synthesis on
  • Options
    MichaelLCMichaelLC In what furnace was thy brain? ChicagoRegistered User regular
    I use http://www.convertfiles.com/ and it's pretty good.

Connect really won't export to another format like m4v? We have WebEx, and it's OK, but sort of wish we had Connect instead.

• Options
    BigityBigity Lubbock, TXRegistered User regular
    Well, I didn't have much time to look. The guy who decided to change from Adobe gave us like 2 days warning, so we were scrambling to just get the stuff saved. Thanks for the advice folks, I'll give em all a try, not like I don't have enough files to convert.

• Options
    ThrackThrack Registered User regular
    FFMPEG runs from the command line which might come in handy if you want to automate/batch a bunch of jobs.

This discussion has been closed.