As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

Heroes: S.2 - Spoilers Inside - UPDATED OP.

RaakamRaakam Too many years...CanadalandRegistered User regular
edited November 2007 in Debate and/or Discourse
So, rather than resurrect an old thread, figured we'd start fresh with the upcoming season. If you don't know what the show is, feel free to read up or even watch the show.

So, some rumors from around the web as to what's going to happen in season 2. Spoilered for your convenience.
The season premiere and the episode following will introduce a lot of new recurring characters and regulars. Here is, in point form, the casting spoilers TV Squad was sent about episodes 2.01 and 2.02 of Season 2 of Heroes:

* The yet-to-be-titled Season 2 premiere will introduce new series regular Maya, a Hispanic woman in her mid 20s. Could she be linked with Alejandro who'll recur next season?
* The episode will also introduce Kane, a recurring character that may become a possible regular. This man in his late 20s is referred, in the info we were given, as an ageless American with an European feel. He is said to be a charming womanizer who as a soul that seems to be older than he appears to be.
* A new Japanese recurring female character will be named Princess Keriyama.
* A few high school characters living in California will be added to the recurring cast. They are: Gay cheerleader April; charming 18-year-old West, who doesn't fit in much; May, a mean cheerleader high schooler.
* Other recurring characters making their first appearances in the premiere are: Georgie and Blackie, two Irish thieves, who are under orders of 45ish ringleader Ricky; friendly 40-year-old mild-mannered Bob who is said to be the "unassuming face of a very powerful organization"; NYPD detective Kincaid.
* The second episode will introduce new regular Monica. She is a beautiful African-American in her late 20s. She is very kind to people and always thinks of them before taking care of herself.

According to Reuters, four new regulars would be added to the show, including a new boyfriend for Claire (could it be West listed in our spoilers above?) and a black woman who is said to be Micah's surrogate mother (Monica?). The article says that recurrings like Ricky may do arcs instead of being regulars.

What do you want to see happen in season 2?

Mostly, I'd like to see what Hiro does in the past. A lot of people think he's going to meet his father, who is most likely immortal, and become the Kensei that he heard so many stories of as a child.

Here's what the show's creator had to say:
Tim Kring, creator of NBC’s hit series Heroes, told SCI FI Wire that the upcoming second season will constitute a new volume in the multi-volume series, with new characters and an entirely new storyline. “If you remember, the opening of the pilot pronounced the episode as the beginning of Volume One,” Kring said in an interview. “Volume One comes to a conclusion at the end of episode 23, and Volume Two starts with the opening of season two. And Volume Two is a different story.”

Kring added: “We could have new people and new storylines and new ideas and new threats and new bad guys and new heroes. So I would prepare the audience for that idea, that it’s not just a continuing serialized storyline about only these people. It’s a little more the 24 model than the Lost model.”

The first season of Heroes is exploring what happens when a disparate group of ordinary people discover they have extraordinary abilities and attempt to save New York from disaster.

“Heroes needs to evolve, and if we are positing an idea that this is happening all over the world to many, many people, then we get to see some of those people and see how their story fits in.”

Kring also confirmed that some of the current heroes just might not survive this season, but added: “Many of your favorites will live to fight again.”

Not too sure what to think about the spinoff, Heroes: Origins idea. Maybe it won't turn out to be as horrible as it seems to be on paper - American Idol v 2.0.

EDIT:

You are free to discuss every episode after it airs WITHOUT the use of the spoiler tag. If you have information pertaining to an episode that has yet to air, please make use of the spoiler function. You are welcome to post your theories all you want without spoiler tags as well. -- THIS IS NO LONGER THE CASE, DUE TO SOME COMPLAINTS. PLEASE ADJUST ACCORDINGLY --

Update:

[size=+2]YOU MUST MAKE USE OF SPOILER TAGS TO DISCUSS ANYTHING ABOUT AN EPISODE THAT HAS AIRED WITHIN THE LAST 24 HOURS. AFTER THAT, YOU CAN POST WHATEVER YOU WANT ABOUT SAID EPISODE. THANKS.[/size]

Updated again, by CT: Sorry, but this is horseshit. The thread is clearly marked as containing spoilers. I'm not spoiler tagging shit and will soundly ignore the complaints of anyone who clicks on a thread with SPOILERS INSIDE in the title and is astounded to discover spoilers

My padherder
they don't it be like it is but it do
Raakam on

• BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Actually, the
    gay cheerleader is only gonna be in the first episode now, because the actress got a series regular role on Desperate Housewives

Mostly, and this won't come as a surprise to people that read what I wrote in the last Heroes threads, I want to see anything at all except Hiro in the past.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • DarkPrimusDarkPrimus Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, so when the fuck is Heroes Origins supposed to start anyway? I thought they said it was gonna be this summer.

DarkPrimus on
  • ProtoProto Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »
    Man, so when the fuck is Heroes Origins supposed to start anyway? I thought they said it was gonna be this summer.

I think they are doing that between the first and second halves of the next season? Not positive though.

Proto on
    and her knees up on the glove compartment
    took out her barrettes and her hair spilled out like rootbeer
  • Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    what is origins?

Casual Eddy on
  • devoirdevoir Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's going to fill the gap that they usually have in the middle of a season that kills ratings.

devoir on
  • BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    what is origins?
    They have something like five or six "one shot" episodes, featuring brand new characters. And then, at the end of the six week period, America gets to vote on which one they liked the best.

That character then becomes a regular on the show.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • PlutoniumPlutonium Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    They really like the idea of cheerleaders as heroes for some reason.

Hurray for appealing to mainstream stereotypes of attractiveness.

Plutonium on
  • CantideCantide Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Season 2 Sylar spoilers:
    He'll be a full character next season, and there are plans to have him "turn good" for a while.

Cantide on
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    What kind of powers to expect though? We've seen a lot of staples from the first season - do we expect new powers or just a rehash of what we've already seen?
    I don't want to see "broken" powers - someone with the powers of Storm would be totally busted. I'm expecting someone with super speed, like Flash, maybe another iceman that actually gets some screen time, and maybe a Cyclops-type character.

Raakam on
    My padherder
  • GorakGorak Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Plutonium wrote: »

Yeah, let's have programs full of fat ugly chicks instead.

Gorak on
    edited July 2007
    Gorak wrote: »

I thought the illusionist chick was awesome hot, actually, rather than the illegal cheerleader.

devoir on
  • MalkorMalkor Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    devoir wrote: »

I thought the illusionist chick was awesome hot, actually, rather than the illegal cheerleader.

I hope it doesn't end up like the X-Men with a group of beautiful normal looking heroes and an underclass of Ugs and malcontents swayed by Sylar.

Malkor on
    14271f3c-c765-4e74-92b1-49d7612675f2.jpg
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Cantide wrote: »
    Season 2 Sylar spoilers:
    He'll be a full character next season, and there are plans to have him "turn good" for a while.

You can't have Sylar "turn good."

He eats brains.

Mai-Kero on
    edited July 2007
    This is your brain on morphine.

This is Sylar on your brain on morphine.

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

devoir on
  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I'd much rather have less kids in the show... Actually, kids are fine - its the teen angst I can do without. They've done the "oh why cant I just fit in?" thing. Hopefully they'll move on.

More politics, evil corporations etc please!

EDIT:
    Do we have a date for season 2 yet?

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • RaakamRaakam Too many years... CanadalandRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    It's looking like September 24th, according to the Heroes wiki.

A rather exhaustive list of Season 2 spoilers can also be found here .

Raakam on
    My padherder
  • DrezDrez Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »
    Cantide wrote: »
    Season 2 Sylar spoilers:

You can't have Sylar "turn good."

He eats brains.

Sylar can be good. I have firsthand experience with this!

Drez on
    Switch: SW-7690-2320-9238Steam/PSN/Xbox: Drezdar
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    With the abortion of a Season 1 finale, I'm just hoping for season 2 to get back on track.

Snarfmaster on
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

For hotness, I liked Mind-Control girl... I was ensaddened by her passing.

On Topic: I hope the Origins idea works... Heroes lost like, half its audience during the hiatus, on par with other shows, to be sure, but it sucks when a good show takes a hit like that...

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • KVWKVW Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Kevin Smith will be doing one of the episodes for Origins as well. Dont know how much leeway he will get in relation to his dick and fart joke style of writing (yes, he can be serious when he wants to, but still).

KVW on
  • hesthefastesthesthefastest Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Although, if you were paying attention, the illusionist chick was actually really fat.

hesthefastest on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Although, if you were paying attention, the illusionist chick was actually really fat.

Yes, but the illusion of her hot self was not stereotypically cheerleader hot.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • SentrySentry Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    KVW wrote: »
    Kevin Smith will be doing one of the episodes for Origins as well. Dont know how much leeway he will get in relation to his dick and fart joke style of writing (yes, he can be serious when he wants to, but still).

He did an episode of Veronica Mars in season 2 that was pretty good. At least, I think he did it... he was definitely in it.

Sentry on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    wrote:
    When I was a little kid, I always pretended I was the hero,' Skip said.
    'Fuck yeah, me too. What little kid ever pretended to be part of the lynch-mob?'
  • FallingmanFallingman Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I always wondered why she didnt revert back to being fat when she died.

Fallingman on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • geckahngeckahn Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    KVW wrote: »

Chasing Amy is an amazing movie. I think he can handle an episode of heroes.

geckahn on
  • SnarfmasterSnarfmaster Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Fallingman wrote: »

Alluding to it is fine, nobody wanted to some huge whale lying dead on the floor.

Snarfmaster on
  • TofystedethTofystedeth Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Maybe all that stuff she said about being fat or ugly was just her messing with us? Cause that's what she does? I dunno, I'm just throwin' stuff out here.

Tofystedeth on
    steam_sig.png
  • Mai-KeroMai-Kero Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

Maybe all that stuff she said about being fat or ugly was just her messing with us? Cause that's what she does? I dunno, I'm just throwin' stuff out here.

They actually showed her 'real' self in the comic.

Mai-Kero on
  • hawkboxhawkbox Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Well for those of us who dont read the comic that doesnt count!!! She was hot and that is final!!!

hawkbox on
  • Vindicta_Vindicta_ Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    DarkPrimus wrote: »

Link to the Kevin Smith article. Also mentions that Origins is supposed to start in April.

Also from the article, "The Japanese dudes are gay, right?"

Vindicta_ on
  • Tumbler 360Tumbler 360 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Heroes Season two is not that exciting to me.

I loved Heroes in the beginning but there was a point where the writers either got lost (heh, a pun!) or started doing a lot of drugs. Once the story stopped taking place in the present and started hopping around time to things that "would be cool if this happened", I felt like the show fell apart.

And that break in the middle of the season was a killer. I didn't feel like that wait was justified after I saw the episodes.

I'll Tivo this show and fast forward through it just like I did with Jericho after the 2nd episode, but that is about it. I gave up on that show a few episodes later. (Jericho)

I wish the show would go back to the format we saw in the first few episodes where things were all about the initial characters. It seemed like the end of the season was all about adding new characters, enough already, start letting the main characters do something.

I feel like the show became so popular that everyone wanted to be a part of it so the writers were hoping that overloading us with characters and interlinked half assed story lines would make everyone like the show even more.

Stick with the core people from the first few episodes and let them do cool stuff. So much waiting with no pay off on this show. They are headed down the same road as Lost.
    And the whole Sylar keeps getting away thing is retarded, the second this guy was knocked out I have a hard time believing the characters wouldn't be grabbing shovels and pounding his skull flat.

Tumbler 360 on
  • LanzLanz ...Za?Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

I figure she used to be overweight, eventually lost the weight thus explaining her present appearance, but was still left with the self-esteem issues from her youth, hence what she told Micah and all.

also, I thought she just got KO'd, not killed?

Lanz on
    waNkm4k.jpg?1
  • ÆthelredÆthelred Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why the hell do American shows have a massive gap in the middle of a series?

Æthelred on
    pokes: 1505 8032 8399
  • hawkboxhawkbox Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Cause American TV stations are fucking douchewads. Why show the whole season and actually make a good show when we can split it off at stupid random times depending on whether or not baseball is on TV and lose half the audience and then cancel the show cause no one knew the second half of the season had even started.

If I hadnt set BeyondTV to record new episodes of Heros I wouldnt have known it was back on.

Well assuming I wasnt hip deep in the last heroes thread.

hawkbox on
    edited July 2007
    But baseball can't be on every channel. I mean they split BSG in half, and I'm sure the Sci-Fi Channel doesn't show baseball.

Æthelred on
  • Tumbler 360Tumbler 360 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Why the hell do American shows have a massive gap in the middle of a series?

I think TV shows are becoming arrogant in their value. I think they take breaks at certain times of the year for holidays and don't bother making new content to make up for the lost time because they think people will be desperately wanting more just like they were last week.

Shows that take these breaks are doomed in my opinion. The loss of viewers each year will eventually cripple the show.

It could be a business practice that makes TV stations more money. If you have a popular show that had massive ratings all through the first season then signing everyone on for another season would cost LOTS of money. If you make them take a break during the season popularity of the show will probably be low enough to make the cast desperate to keep their jobs. If you have a pilot show that might be a break out hit this would be in the best interest for the studio, because enough viewers will probably stick with the show to keep it profitable enough and the money made will be more than what you'd make if you had to pay the cast top dollar...

I think I just figured out why they have these insane breaks! What a bunch of scumbags!!!

Tumbler 360 on
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    House is notorious for doing this, pissed me off to no end. They'd stop showing new episodes due to MLB playoffs, then they'd take the regular break, and then they'd stop again for American Idol. AMERICAN IDOL. FUCK

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
  • Alchemist449Alchemist449 Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm fucking sick of Heroes. I HATE the current cast to no end, and the fact that they didn't kill Sylar and did the semi-cliff hanger ending just pissed me off to no end. I loved the idea that they had that each season of Heroes would be a new cast but then the ratings did too well and I'm stuck with the Petrelli's. After 24 or so episodes to end like that was...well shitastic. At least with the boring sections of Lost I have an amazing finale to look forward to.

Alchemist449 on
    edited July 2007
    I'd rather have an awesome series and a weak finale than the other way around, thanks.

Æthelred on
  • HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mai-Kero wrote: »

They actually showed her 'real' self in the comic.

Wait, what comic was that? I thought I read all of them, unless they continued after the season finale.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
This discussion has been closed.