As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The NBA (Eddie Griffin killed by a train)

• lostwordslostwords Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    dlinfiniti wrote: »
    regardless of where kg ends up, gilbert is still winning the east this coming season, hes angry and hes hungry
    the prediction is made

I am a huge Wizards fan from the Bullets era, but even i know this is unlikely. Thomas and Haywood are still not good enough at the center position, one of the big three (Arenas, Jamison, Butler) will probably go down with injuries sometime during the season, and man, we still can barely play defense. Maybe a third or fourth seed, out in the second round of the playoffs. At least Arenas' blog posts will always be gold. Its great to be a Wizards fan, ps.

lostwords on
    rat.jpg tumbler? steam/ps3 thingie: lostwords Amazon Wishlist!
  • mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    regardless of where kg ends up, gilbert is still winning the east this coming season, hes angry and hes hungry
    the prediction is made

HIBACHI

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
  • BubbaTBubbaT Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As the trade currently stands, the Celtics would send Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett.

Al Jefferson is not included in the deal at the moment
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

haha what

That deal makes 0 sense for Minnesota and almost smells of collusion. I know McHale still bleeds Celtic green, but that's ridiculous.

With Garnett in Boston those draft picks won't even be good picks. Boston would be the Eastern favorite, and could put 4 players on the Allstar team.

BubbaT on
  • PicardathonPicardathon Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    BubbaT wrote: »
    As the trade currently stands, the Celtics would send Gerald Green, Ryan Gomes, Sebastian Telfair, Theo Ratliff and two first-round picks to the Timberwolves for Garnett.

Al Jefferson is not included in the deal at the moment
    http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/celtics/extras/celtics_blog/

haha what

That deal makes 0 sense for Minnesota and almost smells of collusion. I know McHale still bleeds Celtic green, but that's ridiculous.

With Garnett in Boston those draft picks won't even be good picks. Boston would be the Eastern favorite, and could put 4 players on the Allstar team.

KG wouldn't agree to a deal that helps Boston, and I think that McHale would rather have something, anything, then wait a year and have KG opt out, like pretty much anyone in his situation would (even 4 years out of his prime he could still pull a Grant Hill or something like that.)

Picardathon on
    edited July 2007
    And by Boston I mean Minnesota.

Picardathon on
  • Folken FanelFolken Fanel anime af When's KoFRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Pierce. Allen. Garnett.

Holy fucking shit basketball season can't get here quick enough.

Folken Fanel on
    Twitter: Folken_fgc Steam: folken_ XBL: flashg03 PSN: folken_PA SFV: folken_
    Dyvim Tvar wrote: »
    Characters I hate:

Everybody @Folken Fanel plays as.
  • deadonthestreetdeadonthestreet Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Welp, the Clipper are fucked.

deadonthestreet on
  • dlinfinitidlinfiniti Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    why the hell does kg get to wear bill walton's 5?! how have they not retired that one yet

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited August 2007
    He barely played for Boston. A total of 90 games. You don't retire a number for one year of play unless the circumstances are exceptional.

deadonthestreet on
  • FrosteeyFrosteey Elaise 1521-2945-8940Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    He barely played for Boston. A total of 90 games. You don't retire a number for one year of play unless the circumstances are exceptional.

Maybe he was referring to the NBA? I agree, the number five should never be worn again. Nobody can ever hope to have the impact on the game of basketball that the great Bill Walton has had. He's also the head of the greatest, most talented sports family in history. And don't even get me started on his marvelous, stupendous, commentary skills...

In other news, the Clippers will win five games this season. Then their draft pick will demand a trade in fear of suffering a potentially career ending injury.

Frosteey on
  • BalefuegoBalefuego Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Uh, the NBA does not retire numbers, only teams do.

No one should be able to wear number 5 again? wtf? I mean Walton was great and all, but he hardly gets precedence. If you say that then you also have to say no one can wear 23, or 32, or 13, or number 6, or number 33

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Welp, the Clipper are fucked.

D:

This year is going to look like Memphis last year. Bring on Rose or Mayo, I guess.
    Dammit!

BubbaT on
  • forbis316forbis316 Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    KG has always been my favorite player. I'm pretty damn excited for the season. Is it ok to cheer for the Celtics without feeling like a douche (I don't have an NBA team)? I just need 'em until KG is done there.

forbis316 on
    edited August 2007
    forbis316 wrote: »
    KG has always been my favorite player. I'm pretty damn excited for the season. Is it ok to cheer for the Celtics without feeling like a douche (I don't have an NBA team)? I just need 'em until KG is done there.

They have blown hard the past few years, I think its safe again.
    Also, they can't win the championship.

Picardathon on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    So I found out last night that highly heralded Duke recruit Kevin Love is in fact the son of Stan Love, brother of Mike Love, the singer in the Beach Boys.

Alternately, Stan Love is a critical figure in the life of Brian Wilson, having been his personal assistant in the mid-70s as well as being a central figure in finally terminating the extremely sick emotionally and financially manipulative relationship between Brian Wilson and "Doctor" Landy, effectively saving Brian Wilson's life.

So anyway despite the odds I have decided I am rooting for Kevin Love.

The Green Eyed Monster on
    edited August 2007
    Fuck Duke

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    so... kobe, fed up enough with mitch cupcake to leave yet?

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited August 2007
    he already said he wants out. But he's still under contract, he dosent have much of a choice unless he wants to pull a Vince Carter and just stop trying until they finally give up and trade him.

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    edited August 2007
    Balefuego wrote: »
    he already said he wants out. But he's still under contract, he dosent have much of a choice unless he wants to pull a Vince Carter and just stop trying until they finally give up and trade him.

He drops his pants and pisses on the floor in the third quarter.
    I will laugh so hard if I'm right, I'm watching the first Laker game of next season to see if I'm right.

Picardathon on
    edited August 2007

After Len Bias and Reggie Lewis, the Celts were overdue for some good stuff to start happening to them.

celery77 wrote: »
    So I found out last night that highly heralded Duke recruit Kevin Love is in fact the son of Stan Love, brother of Mike Love, the singer in the Beach Boys.

Alternately, Stan Love is a critical figure in the life of Brian Wilson, having been his personal assistant in the mid-70s as well as being a central figure in finally terminating the extremely sick emotionally and financially manipulative relationship between Brian Wilson and "Doctor" Landy, effectively saving Brian Wilson's life.

So anyway despite the odds I have decided I am rooting for Kevin Love.

Kevin Love is going to UCLA, not Duke.

So you don't have to root for Duke.

USC vs UCLA is going to be fun this year, with OJ Mayo vs Love. They're this year's version of Durant and Oden, except playing in the same town for rival schools.

BubbaT on
    edited August 2007
    Fuck Duke
    Go Heels!

Also, what are the chances of Jermaine O'Neal getting traded to the Lakers?

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

edited August 2007
    Fuck Duke
    Go Heels!

probably very small after mitch cupcake was a retard and rejected the odom deal that was proposed

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
  • FirstComradeStalinFirstComradeStalin Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Fuck Duke
    Go Heels!

Fuck anything in North Carolina
    Go Jackets!

FirstComradeStalin on
    Picture1-4.png
    edited August 2007
    Fuck Duke
    Go Heels!

probably very small after mitch cupcake was a retard and rejected the odom deal that was proposed

Which deal was that?

If it involved Andrew Bynum there's a good chance it wasn't Kupchak that nixed it, but Jim Buss.

There's a power struggle in the Lakers front office between Kupchak and Jim Buss, and one of them has the advantage of being the owner's son. It was Buss who basically made the Bynum draft pick, and he's totally invested himself in Bynum becoming the next Shaq/Kareem/Wilt/Mikan. He's killed two deals in the past two years that would have involved sending out Bynum for either Ron Artest or Jason Kidd.

It's also believed that the Lakers didn't want to send Bynum to Minnesota as part of a KG deal, and that Buss is the fly in the ointment of a rumored Bynum for Josh Smith deal with the Atlanta Hawks.

BubbaT on
    edited August 2007
    Fuck Duke
    Go Heels!

Fuck anything in North Carolina
    Go Jackets!

You all need to fear the fucking turtle

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • lordswinglordswing Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

After Len Bias and Reggie Lewis, the Celts were overdue for some good stuff to start happening to them.
    Fuck that noise, how many championship banners does Boston have again? The Celtics aren't overdue for ANYTHING.

lordswing on
    D2:LoD East -> *FlipPaulHewitt
    edited August 2007
    lordswing wrote: »

Fuck that noise, how many championship banners does Boston have again? The Celtics aren't overdue for ANYTHING.

Ya know, as a Celtics fan, I actually have to agree. The Celtics really aren't overdue for anything. Losing Len Bias and Reggie Lewis? Yeah that's shitty. Drafting Acie Earl? Unacceptable.

In any case, go Celtics!

Folken Fanel on
    Characters I hate:

• mugginnsmugginns Jawsome Fresh CoastRegistered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Reggie Miller is in talks with the Celtics D:

mugginns on
    E26cO.jpg
    edited August 2007
    I think you are all grossly underestimating how huge losing Len Bias was

Balefuego on
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • TransporterTransporter Registered User regular
    edited August 2007
    Reggie Miller is the only person I consider immortal.

He looks like he's 25.

He's 42.

Transporter on
    edited August 2007
    Reggie Miller is the only person I consider immortal.

He looks like he's 25.

He's 42.

The captain of the Tony La Russa All Stars!
    Yeah, he's pretty ridiculous, but where are they going to put him, at the point?

Picardathon on
  • ElkiElki get busy Moderator, ClubPA mod
    edited August 2007
    Senior Citizens All-Stars?

Elki on
    smCQ5WE.jpg
    edited August 2007
    lordswing wrote: »

Ya know, as a Celtics fan, I actually have to agree. The Celtics really aren't overdue for anything. Losing Len Bias and Reggie Lewis? Yeah that's shitty. Drafting Acie Earl? Unacceptable.

In any case, go Celtics!

Having a guy who was probably a franchise-level player die is tough enough. Having another player who's an Allstar-level player die on top of that?

It's one thing to completely self-destruct like the Knicks. It's another to have the franchise pulled out from under you.

BubbaT on
    edited August 2007
    mugginns wrote: »

ridiculous, dirtiest player of his era
    the celtics shouldnt want any part in his shenanigans

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited August 2007
    Elkamil wrote: »
    Senior Citizens All-Stars?

People who look much, much younger then they actually are.
    Have you taken a look at Tony La Russa? The guy's in his 60's
    http://z.about.com/d/crime/1/0/o/S/larussa_t.jpg
    You can see 50 year olds who take worse mug shots.
    Thats from his DUI in '07.

Picardathon on
  • The Green Eyed MonsterThe Green Eyed Monster i blame hip hop Registered User regular
    edited August 2007

Dirtiest player of his ear?

No way -- there's waaaaay dirtier players than Mr. Miller. He just kicks his leg out on three point attempts, I wasn't aware of anything else.

edited August 2007

Dirtiest player of his ear?

No way -- there's waaaaay dirtier players than Mr. Miller. He just kicks his leg out on three point attempts, I wasn't aware of anything else.

see those pointy elbows? they go all over

dlinfiniti on
    AAAAA!!! PLAAAYGUUU!!!!
    edited August 2007
    Flopper of the highest order.

Hate the guy.

deadonthestreet on
    edited August 2007
    Well I'd say Malone, Rodman, Laimbeer, and Oakley were dirtier for starters. I mean Laimbeer sponsored a game called "Combat Basketball" in that same time.

edited August 2007
    Well I'd say Malone, Rodman, Laimbeer, and Oakley were dirtier for starters. I mean Laimbeer sponsored a game called "Combat Basketball" in that same time.

Don't forget Stockton. If Malone was the heavyweight champ of dirty play, then Stockton was the dirtiest pound-for-pound.

BubbaT on