As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

The House Of [Phalla]nstein - Game Over - Monster & Neutral jdarksun & MrT Victories!!!

• KaplarKaplar On Google MapsRegistered User regular
    I do the mash.

• DelmainDelmain Registered User regular
    jdarksun wrote: »
    @jdarksun ive heard of/ seen lon chaney sr and jr, but for the life of me i cant remember what movies i saw
    The OP is, from left to right: Lon Chaney Jr, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney again (iirc), and Bela Lugosi as Dracula. If you saw any of the classic Hammer horror films, you've seen those guys. They're the middle generation of modern horror, the forerunners of horror on film, and largely responsible for Universal Studios becoming a thing. Lon Chaney's transformation to the wolf man was groundbreaking special effects.

Halloween is coming up. If you haven't seen these movies, go check 'em out. Keep in mind that they were released in the 30s and 40s, that they have had 70-80 years to become part of the societal consciousness.

Weren't you from Florida? Have you been to Universal's little horror movie shrine at Universal Studios?

• MaximusMaximus Engineer of the Harbinger Engine RoomRegistered User regular
    Sign up for More Phalla since someone is doing something unholy with my corpse in the main.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    Maximus wrote: »
    Sign up for More Phalla since someone is doing something unholy with my corpse in the main.

'sup

• jdarksunjdarksun Struggler VARegistered User regular
    Delmain wrote: »
    @jdarksun ive heard of/ seen lon chaney sr and jr, but for the life of me i cant remember what movies i saw
    The OP is, from left to right: Lon Chaney Jr, Boris Karloff, Lon Chaney again (iirc), and Bela Lugosi as Dracula. If you saw any of the classic Hammer horror films, you've seen those guys. They're the middle generation of modern horror, the forerunners of horror on film, and largely responsible for Universal Studios becoming a thing. Lon Chaney's transformation to the wolf man was groundbreaking special effects.

Halloween is coming up. If you haven't seen these movies, go check 'em out. Keep in mind that they were released in the 30s and 40s, that they have had 70-80 years to become part of the societal consciousness.

Weren't you from Florida? Have you been to Universal's little horror movie shrine at Universal Studios?
    VA, but I get out to Universal whenever I'm down there. I spent a day at Studios and Islands of Adventure back in 2010. The Hard Rock Hotel on-site is pretty goddamn awesome for the price, and you can get into the park early. Which is pretty much mandatory if you want to ride the Harry Potter stuff.

I'll be honest, the Jaws attraction scares the shit out of me. When I first went (~10-15 years ago?), our boat got stuck in the boathouse scene. The first time through, it's the normal mix of dread/buildup followed by shock/scare... but the second, even though I knew what was going to happen, was worse. I don't know how that's possible. It's probably the most terrified I've ever been (#fwp).

There used to be this series of "how movies are made" attractions/shows that I loved. I don't think they're there anymore. There was an Alfred Hitchcock thing that talked all about making movies, which was great. There was this post production thing where members of the audience got to participate in recording sound effects that were played over a short film starring Chevy Chase as a door-to-door salesman.

I wish stuff like that was still around. I'd love to take my kid to them, to show him how films get made.

• KoanKoan Registered User regular
    Sign up Winning monster will be my Halloween costume... or maybe the sexy version.

• Erin The RedErin The Red The Name's Erin! Woman, Podcaster, Dungeon Master, IT nerd, Parent, Trans. AMA Baton Rouge, LARegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Koan wrote: »
    Sign up Winning monster will be my Halloween costume... or maybe the sexy version.

WE NEED TO MAKE A SEXY WEREWOLF!

Erin The Red on
  • Zombie HeroZombie Hero Registered User regular
    Now im trying to picture a sexy creature from black lagoon. So far, not happening.

Steam
    Nintendo ID: Pastalonius
    Smite\LoL:Gremlidin \ WoW & Overwatch & Hots: Gremlidin#1734
    3ds: 3282-2248-0453
    Now im trying to picture a sexy creature from black lagoon. So far, not happening.

The tiniest seaweed skirt, and moss bra that shows just enough to capture your imagination

• SaberOverEasySaberOverEasy Info Broker Registered User regular

The tiniest seaweed skirt, and moss bra that shows just enough to capture your imagination

If you are not working in costume design, you are CLEARLY in the wrong business TRV.

Also, grats on the promotion!

If you are not working in costume design, you are CLEARLY in the wrong business TRV.

Also, grats on the promotion!

Thanks! I am a-very excite!
    I am gonna look into working on some costume design, ignoring the fact that i have no artistic ability, save for the occasional spurt of decent writing

VA, but I get out to Universal whenever I'm down there. I spent a day at Studios and Islands of Adventure back in 2010. The Hard Rock Hotel on-site is pretty goddamn awesome for the price, and you can get into the park early. Which is pretty much mandatory if you want to ride the Harry Potter stuff.

I'll be honest, the Jaws attraction scares the shit out of me. When I first went (~10-15 years ago?), our boat got stuck in the boathouse scene. The first time through, it's the normal mix of dread/buildup followed by shock/scare... but the second, even though I knew what was going to happen, was worse. I don't know how that's possible. It's probably the most terrified I've ever been (#fwp).

There used to be this series of "how movies are made" attractions/shows that I loved. I don't think they're there anymore. There was an Alfred Hitchcock thing that talked all about making movies, which was great. There was this post production thing where members of the audience got to participate in recording sound effects that were played over a short film starring Chevy Chase as a door-to-door salesman.

I wish stuff like that was still around. I'd love to take my kid to them, to show him how films get made.

I must be getting you confused with someone then.

Yeah, I live in Orlando, so I'm well aware of the stuff at Universal. Jaws closed though, if you didn't know. Last year. They're building a Harry Potter area at Universal Studios that connects via train to the one at Islands of Adventure.

The sound effects thing hasn't been there in a long long time. It closed right around when the Nick studio stopped functioning. The Alfred Hitchcock thing got expanded to all horror movies, but is otherwise still pretty cool.

• KilnagaKilnaga Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Ohh Ohh I live in FL.

LOL, FL to be precise.

Kilnaga on
    "The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular

Yeah, I live in Orlando, so I'm well aware of the stuff at Universal. Jaws closed though, if you didn't know. Last year. They're building a Harry Potter area at Universal Studios that connects via train to the one at Islands of Adventure.

The sound effects thing hasn't been there in a long long time. It closed right around when the Nick studio stopped functioning. The Alfred Hitchcock thing got expanded to all horror movies, but is otherwise still pretty cool.

Oh wow you live in Orlando? I'm in Lake Mary! Which is right next to Orlando! I think. It is close.

Retaba wrote: »

Oh wow you live in Orlando? I'm in Lake Mary! Which is right next to Orlando! I think. It is close.

Yeah, I've been at UCF for the last 4 years. Lake Mary is like like 10 minutes up 417 from where I live.
    Kilnaga wrote: »
    Ohh Ohh I live in FL.

LOL, FL to be precise.

I really dislike driving through that city, I can't lie.

Lando isnt that terrible to drive through. It's just about as bad as any other shitty suburb.

"The psychedelic mind is a higher dimensional mind, it is not fit for three dimensional space time."
    - Terence McKenna
  • blahmcblahblahmcblah You pick your side and you stick - you don't cut and run when things get ugly. Registered User regular
    I'm happy to move my signup to a reserve in case someone else wants the spot. I mostly joined because someone called my name (sorta). :P

blahmcblah wrote: »
    I'm happy to move my signup to a reserve in case someone else wants the spot. I mostly joined because someone called my name (sorta). :P

We're still not even full. That might not even be necessary. :P

- Terence McKenna
  • RetabaRetaba A Cultist Registered User regular
    reserve me up!

• kimekime Queen of Blades Registered User regular
    What an obnoxious color

Battle.net ID: kime#1822
    3DS Friend Code: 3110-5393-4113
    Steam profile
    kime wrote: »
    What an obnoxious color

Back to TophKime. Until Day 1 starts and I go all chameleon on everybody. >:)

- Terence McKenna
    Don't make me rotate through my avatars! I'll shift faster than you can chameleon!

(Note that this is almost certainly not true)

Steam profile
    Don't make me rotate through my avatars! I'll shift faster than you can chameleon!

I've actually started compiling everybody's avatars into a folder. I have um all ready and waiting. :P

- Terence McKenna

I've actually started compiling everybody's avatars into a folder. I have um all ready and waiting. :P

do you have all of mine?

do you have all of mine?

No, nor do I have stuff for Egos. You both swap too often for me to copy.

- Terence McKenna
    excellent

You can not have Plush'thulhu.

He is mine.

He is mine.

Too late.

- Terence McKenna

He is mine.

Too late.

I know where you live, Kilnaga.

Don't think I won't come over there.

And knock on the door of every residence in the entire city.

He is mine.

Too late.

Even the doors in the multiple nudist communities? Because we have at least three of those in town.

- Terence McKenna
  • MrTLiciousMrTLicious Registered User regular

He is mine.

Too late.

Even the doors in the multiple nudist communities? Because we have at least three of those in town.

Don't give him any more incentive to hunt you down!

MrTLicious wrote: »

He is mine.

Too late.

We're talking Florida here, MrT. So retirement nudist communities. All old people.

- Terence McKenna
  • GizzyGizzy i am a cat PhoenixRegistered User regular
    me!

Switch Animal Crossing Friend Code: SW-5107-9276-1030
    Island Name: Felinefine
  • premiumpremium Registered User regular
    Fresh meat!

MrTLicious wrote: »

He is mine.

Too late.

We're talking Florida here, MrT. So retirement nudist communities. All old people.

I stand by it. :winky:

• MegafrostMegafrost Leader of the Decepticons Registered User regular
    Gizzy wrote: »
    me!

Hiiii

Rule #1: Always trust kime

Steam profile
  • MillMill Registered User regular
    Rule #2: Never trust kime

I think we're reaching a critical mass for another newbie mini.

Has there been one since Spoit's?

• CythraulCythraul Registered User regular
    Mill wrote: »
    Rule #2: Always vote/kill kime

ftfy

Steam
    Confusion will be my epitaph