As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/

PAX East 2013 Forum Badges

• tvethiopiatvethiopia Salem MARegistered User regular
    WAT

That just added something cool to PAX East 2013 for me. Since I suck at riddles, I will try and acquire one through an event.

don't worry, if you can't pick one up at an event, all questions AND answers will be posted in this thread. no need to guess, just remember.

<3 Daintier. Smarter. Better dressed. <3
    7YIpfE5.png
  • LexiconGrrlLexiconGrrl Registered User regular
    I'm in.

Happily on Sabbatical. Don't bug me.
  • TahgTahg Registered User new member
    This will be my first PAX, but it sounds interesting. Count me in

• vttymvttym Ardent Gamer Northern NJRegistered User regular
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    WAT

That just added something cool to PAX East 2013 for me. Since I suck at riddles, I will try and acquire one through an event.

don't worry, if you can't pick one up at an event, all questions AND answers will be posted in this thread. no need to guess, just remember.

And to be honest, last year I didn't have to answer anything when I went to the spot at the BYOC. I think just finding where it is proves you are a forumer :)

YMMV.

vttym wrote: »
    tvethiopia wrote: »
    WAT

And to be honest, last year I didn't have to answer anything when I went to the spot at the BYOC. I think just finding where it is proves you are a forumer :)

YMMV.

my first year picking one up i was asked a question, and then my bf's friend decided to be all "i want one too!", but he failed to answer the question he was asked. and i laughed at him.

7YIpfE5.png
  • kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    vttym wrote: »

YMMV.

I also did not have to answer any questions. I was a little disappointed, because I would've aced it. :(

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • zerzhulzerzhul Registered User, Moderator mod
    Well if your name is on the back they sometimes don't ask questions.. or if they're busy... or what have you. I was definitely asked a question my first year though, so it does happen sometimes ;)

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Yeah, I know when I picked mine up at the BYOC last east, they just gave me mine because my name was on the back. The guy in front of mehad to answer a question though.

And holy crap that looks amazing (as usual).

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • testsubject23testsubject23 King of No Sleep ZzzzzzzRegistered User regular
    Past few years I've had my name on the back, too, and that's all that was needed.
    It makes sense; the point of the questions is to establish the person as a forumer, and not a cabbage or something. Having one's name on the back of the badge implies forum membership, which makes the questions redundant.

camo_sig2.png
    Steam: Chaos Introvert | Twitch.tv: Chaos_Introvert | R*SC: Chaos_Introvert | PSN: testsubject23
  • kropotkinkropotkin Forum Badge Creator London UKRegistered User regular
    Past few years I've had my name on the back, too, and that's all that was needed.
    It makes sense; the point of the questions is to establish the person as a forumer, and not a cabbage or something. Having one's name on the back of the badge implies forum membership, which makes the questions redundant.

The issue with stating that your name is on the back is that you can't prove that. Anyone could go around saying they are Kropotkin, so asking if your handle is on the back is not a good idea. I've tried to impress this on the enforcers at the BYOC, but they are as busy as hell so I don't fret too much.

ryr7xy0i2ynw.png

kropotkin wrote: »

The issue with stating that your name is on the back is that you can't prove that. Anyone could go around saying they are Kropotkin, so asking if your handle is on the back is not a good idea. I've tried to impress this on the enforcers at the BYOC, but they are as busy as hell so I don't fret too much.

True, but I doubt there are too many people trying to scam to get forum badges :P If there are... well.. I'm not sure what that means? Kropotkin is even more awesome than we already think? :)

• MalgarasMalgaras Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    kropotkin wrote: »

I don't know. It seems if somebody came here just to memorize a name to give an enforcer, they could just as easily come here for the question answers anyways.

Malgaras on
    1tLJUH2O.png
  • SpYkMoSpYkMo Registered User regular
    I would love to have my name on this and get 1 as well. I was on the 1st pax east forum badge and i still have it!

• BearTheHumanBearTheHuman Registered User regular
    Super excited for this design. I love Office Space!

• WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Agreed, whats it take to get your name on it, I'm more of a casual observer of the forums!! but been doing PAX East / BYOC from the start...

WackBag on
    Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • Hyperion098Hyperion098 Registered User regular
    Do want =D

WackBag wrote: »
    Agreed, whats it take to get your name on it, I'm more of a casual observer of the forums!! but been doing PAX East / BYOC from the start...

You just did.

• WackBagWackBag Registered User regular
    zerzhul wrote: »
    WackBag wrote: »

You just did.

Probably the easiest thing I did today!

Pax East 2014 checklist:
    3 Day Pass [X] - BYOC [X] - Accomodations [X] - Travel [ X ] - Time Off [ X ]
  • rileyperrileyper Registered User regular
    Just curious but will there be other ways to receive a forum badge. My train doesn't arrive til 10pm Thursday Night.

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png
    edited October 2012
    rileyper wrote: »
    Just curious but will there be other ways to receive a forum badge. My train doesn't arrive til 10pm Thursday Night.
    The badges are handed out at various pre-pax forumer events like the MMT, the Pre-PAX Dinner, or the thursday night boardgaming meetup (sometimes others). In addition, one can pick them up at the BYOC security desk by answering secret questions about the forums (that will be posted in this thread close to pax). You get a badge and a badge holder, display it on your lanyard.

zerzhul on
  • KilonumKilonum [E] Somewhere near BostonRegistered User regular
    I believe you have my stapler.

JfqWFk8.png
  • Sharp101Sharp101 TorontoRegistered User regular
    Oh hey, might as well get on this thing 3 years in a row!

Thanks again kropotkin!

The badges are handed out at various pre-pax forumer events like the MMT, the Pre-PAX Dinner, or the thursday night boardgaming meetup (sometimes others). In addition, one can pick them up at the BYOC security desk by answering secret questions about the forums (that will be posted in this thread close to pax). You get a badge and a badge holder, display it on your lanyard.

perhaps it wasn't clear that badges can be picked up at the byoc desk throughout the weekend.

7YIpfE5.png
  • Brew78Brew78 Registered User regular
    I think I've decided that I want to live.

And pick up a badge.
    Hopefully not get hit by a truck.
    A settlement would be nice, though..

• eloelo That guy over there... Smoke stack central, NJRegistered User regular
    I'm interested in getting one myself, since this is the first year I've actually been somewhat active on the forums, if its not too much trouble :)

0j92muX.png
  • rpeet687rpeet687 Registered User new member
    I'm new to the forums and PAX this year, I'd love to take part. You had me at the Initech header xD

• rubykavalierrubykavalier pink is the new bacon Registered User regular
    I'm in. I'll probably run around all weekend calling everyone Bob(cat).

• EpwnaEpwna Registered User new member
    This is my first post EVER here and you all seem amazing. Let's hug.

• kemikalkemikal Registered User regular
    I'm in. I'll probably run around all weekend calling everyone Bob(cat).

This idea, I like very much.

Assassin's Ball, Prime '13: @CowboyVerse
    TWDT '13: Hufflepuff OotP
  • JimmyWildJimmyWild Austin, TXRegistered User regular
    *reading back to the questions* I was so nervous about the questions at Prime. I wrote out all the questions and answers on my ipad so i could study and then use as reference if necessary! Cause i don't test well. Luckily was able to get one! lol :D

• rileyperrileyper Registered User regular

That's marvelous I have a ticket to BYOC

Pax Prime 2014 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [x] BYOC [not attending :(]
    Pax South 2015 checklist: Accommodations[x] Travel [x] Time Off [ ] BYOC [x]
    Pax East 2015 checklist: Accommodations[ ] Travel [ ] Time Off [ ] BYOC [ ]
    fss.png

That's marvelous I have a ticket to BYOC

It's actually not necessary to have a BYOC pass to pick up the forum badge from the BYOC desk, but that will at least mean you'll already be in the area ;)

• FrugusFrugus Photographer MontrealRegistered User regular
    Of course I'm in! I mean, I did not read the memo, even if it was sent in triplicate :(

Frugus Eggbeater
    ufCl1ui.png
  • shadowfaeshadowfae Registered User regular
    I was very new to the forums last year, but this year I'm more aware.

• nevermore13nevermore13 Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    I hope to be at mandatory training but first I must clear it with my 8 bosses.

nevermore13 on
  • MeggoWafflesMeggoWaffles Registered User new member
    Hahaha...I love it! I am a new forum-er, but would love to get in on this. Sign me up!

• browncoatbethbrowncoatbeth Registered User regular
    love it! nice to pay homage to another cult/nerd interest like office space. thanks as always, kropotkin for adding me and for doing all this for our great community!

"The bass, the rock, the mic, the treble, I like my coffee black just like my metal." - MSI
  • marcfonlinemarcfonline Registered User regular
    edited October 2012
    That badge design is amazing. This is going to be my second PAX East, although it'll be my first where I've participated in the forums beforehand (and listened to the podcast -- huzzah for having something PAX-related to listen to on my way to/from work!). If my handle made its way onto the back of the badge, that would be geektastic (and greatly appreciated).

Also, I know this would look great next to my red Swingline stapler...

marcfonline on
    In all my life, I have learned three important things:
    1. Don't panic.
    2. Always know where your towel is.
    3. On no account allow a Vogon to read poetry at you.
  • Thunderous_TThunderous_T Minneapolis, MNRegistered User regular
    edited October 2012
    Holy cow, this is hilarious, I want one you guys/gals!

Thunderous_T on
    Prime 2017: Tickets soon please...
  • lutra_canadensislutra_canadensis Registered User regular
    I want in on this too! :)