As was foretold, we've added advertisements to the forums! If you have questions, or if you encounter any bugs, please visit this thread: https://forums.penny-arcade.com/discussion/240191/forum-advertisement-faq-and-reports-thread/
Options

(Closet obsessions) Hello, my name is Double_Faces, and I'm...

• Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I still watch wrestling sometimes, even though I'm 31 and have a college degree and a good job. I adore 3 Musketeers bars, but only when they're cold.

Oh, and Linkin Park? I got you beat. I still like some Limp Bizkit songs.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    VariableVariable Mouth Congress Stroke Me Lady FameRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sami wrote: »
    Musicals?
    love 'em to death.

:whistle:I feel pretty, oh so pretty:whistle:

I do exactly this. Mine's The Music Man though, mostly for the "sadder but wiser" song.

I do it as well, but for a lot of shows.

I grew up with it though, so it's ingrained.

Variable on
    BNet-Vari#1998 | Switch-SW 6960 6688 8388 | Steam | Twitch
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    YodaTuna wrote: »
    I've seen Legally Blonde at minimum, 15 times.
    Same here, except it's Bring it On.

Also, I once watched Coyote Ugly twice in a row. Just started it right back up after it was over. I think I had watched Bring it On earlier that same night.
    There are actually a bunch of us on this board who love Bring it On. It was so much better than it got credit for.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Thanatos wrote: »

Also, I once watched Coyote Ugly twice in a row. Just started it right back up after it was over. I think I had watched Bring it On earlier that same night.
    There are actually a bunch of us on this board who love Bring it On. It was so much better than it got credit for.

My wife likes all those crappy movies. I just get up and find something else to do.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png
  • Options
    MikeManMikeMan Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have an amazing obsession with midninties teen movies. Can't Hardly Wait, as an example, is a personal favorite.

Sigh.

That movie is a great fucking movie and don't you dare feel ashamed for liking it.

"92 percent, yo! I roll up on those honeys, and I be like 'Sup baby,' and they be like 'You don't know 20 different ways to make me call you big papa,' Cause I don't."

Seth Green + Jennifer Love Hewitt + Ethan Embry = fucking awesome

MikeMan on
  • Options
    ThanatosThanatos Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

My wife likes all those crappy movies. I just get up and find something else to do.
    Man, if you've never seen Bring it On, you have no business calling it "crappy." It's awesome.

Thanatos on
  • Options
    Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MikeMan wrote: »
    I have an amazing obsession with midninties teen movies. Can't Hardly Wait, as an example, is a personal favorite.

Sigh.

That movie is a great fucking movie and don't you dare feel ashamed for liking it.

"92 percent, yo! I roll up on those honeys, and I be like 'Sup baby,' and they be like 'You don't know 20 different ways to make me call you big papa,' Cause I don't."

"Rest in peace."

Double_Faces on
    SSBB Code: 0258 9993 5495
  • Options
    chuck steakchuck steak Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    Oh, and Linkin Park? I got you beat. I still like some Limp Bizkit songs.

There are some legitimately good songs on their first 2 albums. And I still like korn's first 3 and a 1/2 discs.

chuck steak on
  • Options
    PodlyPodly you unzipped me! it's all coming back! i don't like it!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sometimes I think about dead people when I touch myself.

Podly on
    follow my music twitter soundcloud tumblr
    9pr1GIh.jpg?1
  • Options
    MrMisterMrMister Jesus dying on the cross in pain? Morally better than us. One has to go "all in".Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Man, if you've never seen Bring it On, you have no business calling it "crappy." It's awesome.

Also, on occasion I like sad-sack emo music non-ironically, despite hating everything about its portrayal of love and relationships.

MrMister on
  • Options
    Target PracticeTarget Practice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I'm a huge comic fan. Not something to be ashamed of, I know, but if you guys could have seen the looks I got when i brought my Ultimate Captain America and Dark Knight Returns Superman figs to work, oh man.
    I got a similar reaction to this revelation at work, until I brought in Ministry of Space and Pride of Baghdad to demonstrate that there's a lot more to comics than men in tights.

My boss loved Pride of Baghdad, but then, she's an animal lover.

Target Practice on
    sig.gif
  • Options
    Mr BubblesMr Bubbles David Koresh Superstar Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    'Somewhere over the rainbow' is one of my favorite songs of all time

Mr Bubbles on
  • Options
    iTunesIsEviliTunesIsEvil Cornfield? Cornfield.Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Musicals.

Raymond Chen's The Old New Thing, which probably needn't be "closet" but it's just so chock full of C++ WIN_32 development stuff that I can't help but feel guilty. Plus Mr. Chen seems to be a little bit of a snarky nerd which is always amusing to read.

Notre. Dame. Football.

iTunesIsEvil on
  • Options
    Wonder_HippieWonder_Hippie __BANNED USERS regular
    edited July 2007
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »

Dude, that is nowhere near a guilty pleasure. It's a fucking wonderful song. Don't feel ashamed about that.

Wonder_Hippie on
  • Options
    UndefinedMonkeyUndefinedMonkey Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have an obsession with Frank Zappa's music that borders on the unhealthy. That in and of itself isn't too bad. I am, however, developing the same kind of obsession with Sparks. I get all kinds of weird looks from people when I start playing them. Even the friends that have started to tolerate my copy of Roxy & Elsewhere look at me strangely when I bust out Hello Young Lovers or Whomp That Sucker.

I also hold Weird Al Yankovic and Mel Brooks in the kind of esteem normally reserved for great humanitarians and Nobel Prize winners.

Oh, and curling... every time I'm up in Soviet Canadia, I manage to catch some curling on the teevee. It fascinates me.

UndefinedMonkey on
    This space intentionally left blank.
  • Options
    Double_FacesDouble_Faces Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Notre. Dame. Football.

Every football season I secretly believe that the University of Cincinnati will go undefeated and recreate the whole Boise St. scenario.

Double_Faces on
    SSBB Code: 0258 9993 5495
  • Options
    CptKemzikCptKemzik Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I listen to avenged sevenfold occasionally. They're a textbook example of rock and roll poseurs and their vocal harmonies (from city of evil) can be downright grating on the cheesiness factor, but I just crave listening to their riffs and beats even if they get repetitive.

However I don't even go near Linkin Park in terms of cheese factor music.

CptKemzik on
  • Options
    HeirHeir Ausitn, TXRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    As someone else mentioned, I too have a man crush on Mike Rowe. That dude is just so cool.

Also, agreed on the pumpkin thing.

I tend to "discover" songs that I've never heard before, and then listen to that one song non-stop.

For Example: I just happened to be watching Star Wars vids on youtube. I saw some cool Cinemax commercial for a Star Wars marathon. The music in the background was a song by Coldplay called "Fix You." Since seeing that vid on youtube last week, I can't imagine how many hours I've listened to that song. I'm a programmer, and we're allowed to listen to whatever on our pc's as long as we use headphones. I literally put that song on a loop and listened to it the entire day.

That's 4 hours in the morning, then an hour at the gym during lunch, than 4-5 hours afterwards. Yeah.

Before that was some song that was played during a Digital Short on SNL...by Imogen Heap. It's still a ringtone on my phone. :|

That's another "side" passion. Star Wars. I could sit there all day and watch some scenes over and over, or listen to the sound track and imagine that scene over and over (specifically Luke giving into his anger and the solemn music in the background during the fight).

I could live off of cereal morning, noon, and night for the rest of my life and be content.

Heir on
    camo_sig2.png
  • Options
    The CheeseThe Cheese Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I like:

Really bad 90s teen comedies.
    Yngwie Malmsteen - really. I hum Black Star in the shower sometimes.
    Pop punk - like Sum 41 and Blink 182.
    The Transformers soundtrack (1986). The whoooole thing.

The Cheese on
  • Options
    azuriceazurice Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    ...I like watching Disney Cartoons. Mostly Kim Possible. And that Emperor's new Groove series. :P I have no problem with going on about how I like some of the cartoons on CN (Fosters, Xiaolin Showdown, Megas XLR) but I can never admit in public that I like to watch Kim Possible.

I even bought the GBA platformers. :lol:
    Heir wrote:
    I tend to "discover" songs that I've never heard before, and then listen to that one song non-stop.

For Example: I just happened to be watching Star Wars vids on youtube. I saw some cool Cinemax commercial for a Star Wars marathon. The music in the background was a song by Coldplay called "Fix You." Since seeing that vid on youtube last week, I can't imagine how many hours I've listened to that song. I'm a programmer, and we're allowed to listen to whatever on our pc's as long as we use headphones. I literally put that song on a loop and listened to it the entire day.

I do this too. Most of the songs I've recently added to my playlist have a hundred or so on their playcount because of this. Right now it's happened with the HIM song that was in the Transformers movie. :lol:

Er...I've been NSW Australia State Champion at Youth Indoor Lawn bowling for two years straight. (2005-2006) Most people don't even know that such a thing exists. Only reason I don't do it anymore is because I turned 18, which would mean playing against adults (and stereotypical old people lawn-bowlers.) I dunno if this counts, but I don't like admitting I rock at lawn bowling.

And things that have been mentioned in this thread already;
    Musicals.
    Music such as Linkin Park (sometimes.)

azurice on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I don't listen to Linkin Park, but I do like The Black Heart Procession, which is some dark, dark music.

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    YodaTunaYodaTuna Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    CptKemzik wrote: »
    I listen to avenged sevenfold occasionally. They're a textbook example of rock and roll poseurs and their vocal harmonies (from city of evil) can be downright grating on the cheesiness factor, but I just crave listening to their riffs and beats even if they get repetitive.

However I don't even go near Linkin Park in terms of cheese factor music.

I've been listening to Avenged Sevenfold a lot lately. I don't really find them cheesy. Not original, but definitely not anywhere near Linkin Park. However, I mildly enjoy one of the songs from Meteora, I'm to afraid to put it on my MP3 player in case someone sees it.

Too put that in perspective, I have the Smurf's techno remix on there.

YodaTuna on
  • Options
    Wandering StarWandering Star Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    The Cheese wrote: »
    I like:

The Transformers soundtrack (1986). The whoooole thing.

YOU GOT THE TOUCH! YOU GOT THE POWEEEEEEEEEER!
    Don't be ashamed.

I love the Bill and Ted game for Gameboy. (Has anyone played it? It's awful.)
    I also read Reader's Digest cause it's in the bathroom at my house. And I laugh sometimes at the user-submitted funny anecdotes.

Wandering Star on
    We can't play math rock in 4/4, dude.
  • Options
    IncenjucarIncenjucar VChatter Seattle, WARegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    MrMister wrote: »
    Also, on occasion I like sad-sack emo music non-ironically, despite hating everything about its portrayal of love and relationships.

Nothing wrong with a little romantic melancholy. It's been with use for all of history.

Just gotta keep it in moderation so you don't mow your wrists.

"I will follow you ...into the dark."

Incenjucar on
  • Options
    Casual EddyCasual Eddy The Astral PlaneRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Mr Bubbles wrote: »

Have you heard the Billie Holiday version?

Casual Eddy on
  • Options
    AydrAydr Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Sounds like Azurice and I have the same taste in TV shows. Particularly the part about Kim Possible. I don't think anybody knows that I actually like that show.

Also, I'm a cosplayer. Not something I usually mention to people at first meeting. ...Or usually at all, if I can avoid it. (Anyone who wants to make fun of me for it, when's the last time attractive women chased down any of you then lined up to hug you/take take pictures with you?)

Aydr on
  • Options
    Evil MultifariousEvil Multifarious Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I have occasionally spent half an hour picking at the skin of my feet with sharp metal objects.

Evil Multifarious on
  • Options
    Irond WillIrond Will WARNING: NO HURTFUL COMMENTS, PLEASE!!!!! Cambridge. MAModerator mod
    edited July 2007
    I also read Reader's Digest cause it's in the bathroom at my house. And I laugh sometimes at the user-submitted funny anecdotes.
    Man whenever I'm at a dentist's or doctor's office I head straight for the Readers Digest. I read the articles and sneer at midwesterners and enjoy myself thoroughly.

Irond Will on
    Wqdwp8l.png
  • Options
    One Thousand CablesOne Thousand Cables An absence of thought Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Irond Will wrote: »
    Man whenever I'm at a dentist's or doctor's office I head straight for the Readers Digest. I read the articles and sneer at midwesterners and enjoy myself thoroughly.

My grandmother has a subscription to that thing. It's entertaining stuff.

One Thousand Cables on
  • Options
    Crimson KingCrimson King Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I watch lawn bowls on TV whenever I get the chance. I'm fascinated by the skill and suspense.

Crimson King on
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Two things.

One, I watch, and have watched, a lot of children's japanese live-action TV. Super sentai, Kamen Rider, I love it all, man. I don't dare touch PR, but that's only because I can't stand the voices. I do have a hell of a lot of theme songs from the shows, though.

Two, I watch a metric fuckton of cartoons. Foster's, Storm Hawks, Danny Phantom, El Tigre, I used to watch Kim Possible, Xiaolin Showdown, Kids Next Door, Ben 10....just dozens upon dozens of crappy action-comedies. And I love them all.

yalborap on
  • Options
    Gorilla SaladGorilla Salad Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I genuinely enjoy Family Guy.

Gorilla Salad on
  • Options
    BingoBingo Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Podly wrote: »
    Sometimes I think about dead people when I touch myself.

A wank seance?

Bingo on
  • Options
    HachfaceHachface Not the Minister Farrakhan you're thinking of Dammit, Shepard!Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    I enjoy Tori Amos. I think that makes me an honorary woman.

Hachface on
  • Options
    FeralFeral MEMETICHARIZARD interior crocodile alligator ⇔ ǝɹʇɐǝɥʇ ǝᴉʌoɯ ʇǝloɹʌǝɥɔ ɐ ǝʌᴉɹp ᴉRegistered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Hachface wrote: »

Quite the opposite. Tori Amos is 5'2" of raw talent and smoldering sexual energy. Not liking her would be a crime against taste and solid evidence that you may actually lack testicles.

Feral on
    every person who doesn't like an acquired taste always seems to think everyone who likes it is faking it. it should be an official fallacy.

the "no true scotch man" fallacy.
  • Options
    GoodOmensGoodOmens Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    Feral wrote: »

Quite the opposite. Tori Amos is 5'2" of raw talent and smoldering sexual energy. Not liking her would be a crime against taste and solid evidence that you may actually lack testicles.

I used to be a huge Tori fan, but her latest albums have been disappointing. Under the Pink was her best work, and things have been a bit shady since then.

Don't get me wrong...I still listen, the woman is insanely talented, and I still love the videos, because HOLY CHRIST she's hot. I actually met her once, during her meet-and-greet before a concert. She was late getting to the college and looked tired, but she still spent some time with the fans. My friend got a great picture of us, my prized possession; she's got her arm around me and her head on my chest with this wonderful look of contentment on her face. Her face says, "I've found my man."

Or "I'm hung over." One or the other.

GoodOmens on
    steam_sig.png
    IOS Game Center ID: Isotope-X
  • Options
    yalborapyalborap Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    GoodOmens wrote: »
    Feral wrote: »

I used to be a huge Tori fan, but her latest albums have been disappointing. Under the Pink was her best work, and things have been a bit shady since then.

Don't get me wrong...I still listen, the woman is insanely talented, and I still love the videos, because HOLY CHRIST she's hot. I actually met her once, during her meet-and-greet before a concert. She was late getting to the college and looked tired, but she still spent some time with the fans. My friend got a great picture of us, my prized possession; she's got her arm around me and her head on my chest with this wonderful look of contentment on her face. Her face says, "I've found my man."

Or "I'm hung over." One or the other.

Why not both?

yalborap on
  • Options
    real_pochaccoreal_pochacco Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    <3s for Tori Amos

But I don't feel guilty about that.

My guilty pleasure would be listening to Hanson. I have gone to two Hanson concerts, and I still listen to This Time Around occasionally.

real_pochacco on
  • Options
    BlackjackBlackjack Registered User regular
    edited July 2007
    My guilty pleasures are all TV related.

I like old lady TV Shows and TV shows made for fifteen year old girls.

For example. The Golden Girls? Love it.

As Time Goes By? Love it.

America's Next Top Model? Hate it but love the schadenfreude.

Blackjack on
    camo_sig2.png

3DS: 1607-3034-6970
  • Options
    HydroSqueegeeHydroSqueegee ULTRACAT!!!™®© Registered User regular
    edited July 2007

oh no. i have seen it. and i wish i kept bleach in the house so i could have washed my eyes afterwards.

HydroSqueegee on
    kx3klFE.png